Military WAGs

funny you should say that RafWife, he just phoned and said there is a chance he might get put in the careers office until the sub start crewing up again. he phoned up the draft place in Scotland and they said its not actually official but by Thursday it will be and to phone up then to see what exactly is going on and what drafts he can volunteer for. so fingers crossed.

there is one draft for a chef in the building on base that would be awesome as he could come home every night and the new chief there is Darrens old petty officer from his old sub, so chances are he will get it *YAY*

i had to rant here because i dont have many forces friends so they dont really understand everything about it and i just feel like im moaning at them!

Wispa- fingers crossed for good news for you chick.

My friends are the same & I only know one other military wife and she lives down south. Rant away- that's what we're here for :)

Wispa - I will keep my fingers crossed for you, I hope it all works out,

RAFwife - bless you, It must be awfull knowing he's going away again.

As you said, it had been all quiet. blimey, everyone is having a rough time. Does it not make you all wonder how the hell they can organise wars & operations yet fail to provide housing, or even put carpets in one, putting people in flats when they clearly should be in a house etc etc? It certainly makes me wonder.

I feel like I am having it easy atm, DH not due anywhere other than courses. Our main worry is that because he served 7yrs in the Army prior to the RAF, it has made a huge difference to how long he could sign on for. So, atm, he is due out in Jun 11, which in reality means that this time nxt year he'll have left to do his re-settlement etc. Really scaring us. Hopefully we'll know more in about May this yr.

i think we are all feeling the post xmas blues. i sat down the other week and worked out hubby will be home for totl of 4 mths this next year. unless we get posted which im hoping for. hugs for those that need them at the moment and kicks in the shins for thoses that are messing your plans up. lolxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i think we are all feeling the post xmas blues. i sat down the other week and worked out hubby will be home for totl of 4 mths this next year. unless we get posted which im hoping for. hugs for those that need them at the moment and kicks in the shins for thoses that are messing your plans up. lolxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:rofl: @ kick in the shins.

Fingers crossed you get posted - 4 months is poo :(

Hi there everyone!

I am Nikki, and Have just been directed to this section of B&B by Louisandcoco!!!!
I hadnt even realised that this section was here!
My Hubby is a Lcpl in the infantry, and on his return from afghan last Oct we decided to TTC! He went away for a weeks course in late Oct, so Nov was our first try! and We fell Pregnant! WoopWoop! (hubby now thinks he is a Superhero lol)..

We have One Miracle R&R baby, From his last Afghan tour, who is now 20 months!
and Now we hav a POTL Baby too haha!

We're over in Northern Ireland and have previously been in Hounslow,london!

I have had a tough couple of years with Hubby being away for almost all of last year, He was only home for 9 weeks of the year untill his POTL started in November!
He has just gone away on a promotions cadre so here begins another 9 weeks apart! lol Oh the joys of military life hey!

Anyways I will stop moanin now lol, and just say a BIG hello!!!!!!!
Hope to speak to you all soon x x

Nikki x x x x

DH is in the United States Marine Corps. He just did two back-to-back deployments so hopefully he'll be home for a while! We just pcsed from sunny San Diego, CA to downstate, NY (aka the "frozen tundra of death"). He just reenlisted this past summer so here's to another crazy four years!

welcome to the group!

well as you probably all know the military are pretty poop at communication and decision making! Darren called up about his draft and was told the shore based one would be given to someone that had been at sea for a long time rather than Darren who is a bit of a sea dodger! (through no fault of his own!!!)

It looks like he might get a hunter/destroyer rather than a bomber which is good news but still means he will go to sea sooner than we thought! But he is happy as he misses going to sea. (its why he joined in the first place!) Also means i wont have to move house which in itself could be a bit of a bonus lol.

But its still all undecided and could change, we will probably find out the day his course ends!

Well all sounds a bit more positive Wispa! FXd you get the draft you both want!

so here we are still in watford (london) hubby posted to wittering in 2 weeks and i will not ba able to follow him for 4-6 months !!!

he will be commuting weekly when he can so thats me alone witha 4 year old who hasnt got a play school...

I am exhausted and generally annoyed with it all atm !!

We are 12 months post lost TTC and i cannot see it happening any time soon!

I will have to leave the med centre on base as i will no longer be entitled due to hubby not being there - so will have to start from scratch with a new doc which i hate !

I know boring right :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

HI IM KIRSTY FROM N IRELAND, LIVIN IN KENT,
pm 4 chat or addy on facebook xxxxx

so here we are still in watford (london) hubby posted to wittering in 2 weeks and i will not ba able to follow him for 4-6 months !!!

he will be commuting weekly when he can so thats me alone witha 4 year old who hasnt got a play school...

I will have to leave the med centre on base as i will no longer be entitled due to hubby not being there - so will have to start from scratch with a new doc which i hate !

Is it cos they have no housing at wittering that you cant go?? If so, it's not your fault so they should let you stay on at the docs there?

Is it cos they have no housing at wittering that you cant go?? If so, it's not your fault so they should let you stay on at the docs there?

well the house we have been offered needs works doing to it and we cant move in till its done !!! yeah you would have thought so but we spoke to the PMA(smo) at the med centre but they simply said they can't !!

Steph I can see why you're exhausted and annoyed. What a joke! I am not friends with MOD housing as they need stupid amounts of time to do jobs that could be done in a shorter amount of time. Grr. Hope they give you a def date for moving soon, it's always nice to have the date so you can look forward to it.

Hi Kirst!

We're back in NI tomorrow for 3 days. The removers are coming tomorrow afternoon and Friday to take everything over to Harrogate. Leaving Esmé with my parents so we don't neglect her whilst packing etc. It's the longest I've ever left her and I'm dreading it :(

xx

well the house we have been offered needs works doing to it and we cant move in till its done !!! yeah you would have thought so but we spoke to the PMA(smo) at the med centre but they simply said they can't !!

Thats completely c*&p. SSurely they cant expect you to re-register at a civvy docs, only to have to re-register in a couple of months back at a Med Centre??? What reasons did they give you? I understand that your hubby will no longer be on their records as being there, but they have to support you as it's not your fault is it if they cant even get your bloody house ready in time. I knew somebody in a similar situation at Marham, her hubby was posted to wttering & they fought to keep the house at Marham as their son was gettin to GCSE level at school & they didnt want to move him at such an important time. She was allowed to stay & she was still entitled to use the Med Centre there.

Hi everyone! I never knew there was a group for us on here!
We're based in Woodbridge in Suffolk at the moment, hoping to stay here for the forseeable future! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->