Military WAGs

hi ladies, sorry ive not been in here for a bit. just seen this on a FB friends status and thought it was loverly and i would share if you dont mind. xx

Give me the greatness of heart to see The difference between his duty and his love for me. Give me understanding so that I may know That when duty calls him, he must go. Give me a task to do each day To fill the time when he is away. And Lord, when he is in a foreign land, Keep him safe and in your loving hand x x

Hey there I am Becs, my husband is army, not long back from Afghan!!

E&L's mummy- that's beautiful. If I'd have seen that when hubby was away I would have cried!

Hi Becs. X

Is anyone in Andover? My OH is getting posted there in a few months and we are going to get married quarters in Oct/Nov time, just wondered what the housing is like there?

Hi ladies :flower:.
So i don't post here much but figured only you ladies'd understand my excitement :happydance:.

Just got a phone call from my OH (navy), was in a bit of a soppy mood tbh - saying how he hated that i was doing this on my own etc. Then randomly came out with 'I could be home by sunday'!.. OMG. Then he stupidly asks if i want him to come home lol.. Um lf course, duh! So the plan now is he's speaking to his captain tomorrow, emailing his company and he could be home by this sunday. He originally wasn't meant to be home till the last week in april, possibly start of may - never had a set date yet.

Only problem is that he'l need to go away again for a couple months about 4-6 weeks after baby's born.. But i figure being here for the birth of his first daughter (which he desperately, desperately wanted), getting to come register her, seeing her first little smile and showing off his gorgeous newborn baby'l make up for the time he'l need to be away for.

Anyway, rant over :blush:. Just needed to vent lol.
xx

well after 4 months of calling welfare and housing we are being moved to a bottom flat.

But theres someone living in the flat they are giving us even tho they have plenty of empty flats:dohh: well they dont no when this man is gettin his marching orders so we are still stuck.

they also no my oh might be having a op on his ankle and is defo having a op on his hand in march and they still cant be bothered to help.

also weve been told are next posting will be bordon dont no when that will be but has anyone been there and whats it like?

Is anyone in Andover? My OH is getting posted there in a few months and we are going to get married quarters in Oct/Nov time, just wondered what the housing is like there?

Hubby is based in Tidworth and we gt our MQ in Bulford, so not that far off from Andover. Where is your OH gonna be based thn?
On FB are a few good groups with lots of information and pics from MQ.
One is "married quarters 'R' us" and the other one is "Married quarters for Armed forces Wives"!

hi guys, how is everyone?!

urgh well its been a weird week! im now learning what everyone means when they whinge about the navy!

Darren has his draft officially on paper! We are staying in Scotland. He finishes his course on 19th March and then on the 26th flies out to meet the submarine and thats him away until probably May time.

Im actually quite excited by it! Darren had said we could decorate Ben's nursery so ive been searching for bits and bobs to do it. We have decided on an animal theme. Im buying HUGE stick arounds of the alphabet to put along his big wall so its going to be nice and bright on the crappy magnolia walls!!!!

Hope everyone and their babies are good, Ben has started walking so its all exciting here at the moment!

Yay at finally getting somewhere moomin_troll! Doesn't make sense though them offering you an occupied flat when there's free ones, but I think we've all realised sense doesn't come into it...

We finally move into out house today. Can't wait for us all to be finally under the same roof for a while. X

ur lucky to get a house lol glad ur all sorted :)

well i had a housing officer knock on my door yesterday! the twit down stairs has complained about us making things up and blaiming us for things that other neighbours do!

when i complained about one person leaving bags of dog poo outside there door and it being dangerous to my son nothing got done, wen the sed neighbour left a fridge in the bin area nothing got done! and i get a knock at my door about fag butts....i dont even smoke.

spoke to welfare again and they cant even tell us when this man is moving out even tho oh has got two operations in the next few months.

i might just give up and try to privatly rent somewhere as army housing just seems to be one problem after the next

Yay at finally getting somewhere moomin_troll! Doesn't make sense though them offering you an occupied flat when there's free ones, but I think we've all realised sense doesn't come into it...

We finally move into out house today. Can't wait for us all to be finally under the same roof for a while. X

Ooooh exciting, are you moving tonight? xxx

Moomin_troll- that's terrible. I think I'd consider renting privately too. Have you tried AFF, last ditch attempt?

Kerrie- yup tonight is the move! X

Moomin_troll- that's terrible. I think I'd consider renting privately too. Have you tried AFF, last ditch attempt?

Kerrie- yup tonight is the move! X

i dont have a clue what the aff is lol im still getting used to it all.

its really getting me down that cuz my hips are so bad i cant even walk to the local shop 30 mins away if i just fancy a treat for me and zane. and today i saw x amount of money come out of the account n oh cant even remember what he used it for, so its ok for him to get what he wants and me n zane get nothing.

im going to call the local council in stafford where ohs based and i come from and see if they can house me as theres nothing i can afford right now privatly renting :(

feel like everytime i come in here im moaning....sorry ladies

i can sympathise with the shitty neighbours, i introduced myself to mine and said if the dog barks or whatever when im out can she let me know because obviously i wont be there to hear her.

She reported me to housing for the length of my grass (it wasnt that bad!) and said that my dog pooped in her garden. WELL Lucy had a fenced off toilet no where near her house so no idea how that happened!!! She also told my friend that id been around her house slagging her off, so i lost a great friend due to complete lies. I swear some people have nothing better to do!

im not living on a army estate it sounds like we are both living in a playground!

it really is stupid how some people can be so horrible

Everybody keeps to themselves here, which is kinda crap as well, cause hubby's reg is not based in the village we live in.

I have to get my butt into gear and fill this stupid form out to apply for a house. lol

Everybody keeps to themselves here, which is kinda crap as well, cause hubby's reg is not based in the village we live in.

I have to get my butt into gear and fill this stupid form out to apply for a house. lol

its the same where i am, we live 23 miles away from where my hubby is based and we r just outside of a little villliage and its a ghost town.

when i was snowing me and zane were the only ones out there, all the woman either stay in their houses and clean or they have small groups and gossip about people they dont even no. drives me nuts, i cant stay in all day and clean.

im going to get zane in nursery soon so he has other kids to play with seen as we dont see anyothers

Hey there!!
I can honestly say I have never been to such a backstabbing posting as this!! Its worse than being at school!
Roll on October when we are posted!!!

Hey there!!
I can honestly say I have never been to such a backstabbing posting as this!! Its worse than being at school!
Roll on October when we are posted!!!

*hugs*

its not nice living somewhere u hate :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2