Military WAGs

I didnt know this group exsisted, can i join?

OH is a royal engineer, we've been married since last june and expecting our first little one in july. I dont know any of the other army wifes round here as its not the main estate for OH unit.

look forward to getting to know you all.

madhouse!!! well i guess you got to be mad to be married to a squaddie:winkwink:

thanks. it was how i was feeling the day i signed up to BnB and how i have felt everyday since. a little better now though.

Your little boy looks like a right little cheeky chappie, very cute.

thanks. it was how i was feeling the day i signed up to BnB and how i have felt everyday since. a little better now though.

Your little boy looks like a right little cheeky chappie, very cute.

he certainly is lol never a quiet day with him around

hey sore boobs

can any of u ladiees give me info on Cyprus?

Hey sore boobs, where is your hubby based? Just saw that you are in Wiltshire too. x

Oooooooh a posting would be sooooooo lush...but hey-o....we are based here for life.

I married a soldier to see the world and everything I got was a posting to Salisbury Plain....I should get that tattooed across my head. lol

Moving to Dhekelia in May,

any advice on what to take, and what not to take!
whats it like for work,
nearest town for food shopping etc

I lived the other end in Episkopi.

If its still the same as it was you get a limit on how much you can take and the rest gets put into storage. You can choose fully or part furnished. We didnt take beds or white goods (except a washing machine)

Apparently there are good shops in Dhekelia, its on the sea front ;)

Well i say good shops but my mum couldnt buy clothes for anyone out there lol.

Its hot up that end of the island sometimes 45 degrees, good luck if you are pregnant through the summer!!!

As for work my mum got a job doing admin for the army :)

our bed is hand made and packs down to really small, :) think might take our fridge freezer but leaving sofas for storage - leather in cyprus? not so gr8,

knowing my luck i'll fall quick now i have something else to stress over!

our bed is hand made and packs down to really small, :) think might take our fridge freezer but leaving sofas for storage - leather in cyprus? not so gr8,

knowing my luck i'll fall quick now i have something else to stress over!

Lucky you, got back from Akrotiri in Apr 09 & still missing it sooooo much, would go back over there in a flash lol.

I would deff leave the leather behind, you'd just be soooo sweaty on it every day. We even left our sofa in storage as it'd just have got wrecked out there in the heat & dust, it gets everywhere. Plus, with all the sweat & suncream etc rather the military ones that get ruined than your own. We took our own bed, but that was cos we wouldnt bear the thought of being in one of theirs for so long, but they had introduced new divan beds rather than the old spring ones when we were there, much nicer. We also left our fridge freezer as all the houses came with one, we just bought a chest freezer when there as the freezer part on theirs is tiny. The water is quite hard out there so if you're taking your washer, make sure you use calgon or something. Ant powder - I really couldnt find it out there and had family send me it out as the little beasties get everywhere, seriously! pack some if you have room. Sign up for a water cooler when you get there, it is a blessing, we used to pay about 17euros a month for the cooler & 4 big bottles of water.

Shopping, we used to shop in Limassol, it had debenhams, next, h&m etc. Larnaka is lovely, loads of nice resteraunts on the front but never really went shopping there so not sure what its like. Nicossia (capital) has an Ikea & shopping centre on the outskirts & a shopping 'street' in the town itself which again has debenhams etc. I wouldnt say anywhere really is great for shopping, and with the euro its vv expensive. Ie, before the euro theyd just charge a Cyp £ as equal to the GB £ so if in Next a top that was tagged at £10uk would be cyp£10 (about £12 gb), now however it would be 17 euros which is almost £17. Your LOA helps, but internet shop wherever you can and get it posted over lol.

if you want to know anything else, feel free to PM me.

Is anyone here based anywhere in Suffolk? I'm in Woodbridge near Ipswich... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->