Military WAGs

I have to say I quite like formals, but not the all the poo that goes along with it. The regiment we are attached to is very rank obssesed, particularly in the mess. It really grates on me that people are like that. I am me, yes my husband is in the army but that doesn't mean thats all that goes on in our lives! Its his job, not mine!!
My husband has been in 14 years, and we move around every 2 years!!
I am a size 18 too and the one thing that always bothers me if what if some is wearing the same dress as me! This happened to me at our christmas ball! I was mortified!!!

^^ yes the cliquey groups are a nightmare. But it's always fun to laugh at them being snooty. I was in the bathroom and one woman said hi and then asked what my OHs rank was?! Loser.

I don't understand army speak. Or random things my hubby comes out with like something being 'a lick' or saying 'gen' before something means it's not a lie...

The cliquey groups make me laugh!!! All they care about is rank, I walked away from a wife who asked me what rank my husband was! I was like cheeky mare, no hello or nothing!!! I think you soon realise there are some very superficial people in this life!!

I always think- his rank not mine, so why should what rank he is have any bearing on me?!

i couldnt care less what rank anyone is its not at all important.

next do i have to go to ile just get wasted and ignore them and flirt with their husbands and give them something to talk about lol

Oh moomin_troll that would be hilarious!

I always get drunk too quickly. Especially when you're sat down for 3 hours on a boring table, flinging wine down your neck! But I'm a happy drunk :)

im such a flirt anyway and wen im drunk i cant help myself, oh has just learnt to ignore me hahaha.
also im the youngest wife out of the ppl my oh works with so they tend to think they can talk to me like im a child if they talk to me at all that is.

Hubby is a private, but is off on his cadre in May (after 8yrs of serving - the army is really dead slow). Defo one of the things I'm not looking forward to is all the do's. I hate going out anyway and all this stupid dress codes just put me off. I hate wearing dresses...tbh the only dress I wore in the last 10yrs was my wedding dress. I'm a size 18, nobody wants to see my ugly legs in a dress. lol

hubby is the equivilent of a lancejack at the moment and is off on his promotion course soon.....he has been in 13 years!! now thats slow lol

OMG I think I would have killed somebody by now to get him on the course.
What reg is ur hubby with?

Hubby is a private, but is off on his cadre in May (after 8yrs of serving - the army is really dead slow). Defo one of the things I'm not looking forward to is all the do's. I hate going out anyway and all this stupid dress codes just put me off. I hate wearing dresses...tbh the only dress I wore in the last 10yrs was my wedding dress. I'm a size 18, nobody wants to see my ugly legs in a dress. lol

hubby is the equivilent of a lancejack at the moment and is off on his promotion course soon.....he has been in 13 years!! now thats slow lol

OMG I think I would have killed somebody by now to get him on the course.
What reg is ur hubby with?

He is RAF Regiment hun. Air field defence with a bit of infantry thrown in. he mostly does the signals side of things tho. he has a natural ability for that so they have given him his own little hole to be all geeky in lol.

and for who was asking, i think a Cadre course is the army equivilent of an FT or JMLC (promotion).

Yeah that it...sry. lol

Ah ok. cool. I think there one 2 types of soldiers anyway...the geeks and the actionmen. But they need each other when they are in the crap. lol

mines def geek and i keep having his geeklets for him!! :haha:

my hubby is a geek ! but today i have done nothing but cry the RAF are really pissing me off at the minute and so are the self obsessed wives that live around here

the self obsessed wife you can get in the army version as well....very annoying I must say.
Hope you're ok hun. Moan and scream here if you want. x

basically i have serious depression aswell and there some people round here who sem to think they can spread crap about me and turn people against me even though ive done nothing bu be honest the whole way through its took me 3 years to stat making friend yet a certain wife and a certain officers wife seem to think they can go around saying all sorts so people dont wanna know

then hubby is due to be deployed when baby is due so i wanna scream

he ripped his dressing gown by accident hte other night and i saw it this morning and burst out crying

we been waiting 6 years to get pregnant and so far everything is going wrong

there i feel better now !

Aw Wallace hun, rant away here! X

EDIT- we posted at the same time.

That's awful that they're doing that. I was saying the other day that it's like living in a goldfish bowl. People curtain twitch and need to know everyones business.

Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->