Military WAGs

Are there any Mum here who are in the forces themselves?

I'm going through Army selection atm and although it's been my lifelong dream I do sometimes worry that I shouldn't be doing it.

Good luck with it, I wouldn't have the strength to be in the army myself x

Good luck with it, I wouldn't have the strength to be in the army myself x

Thanks. I know in my heart I want it. atm I can't watch the adverts on TV as I get upset thinking I'm not there yet.

Problem is my family are really against me joining up to the point they said they wouldn't speak to me again. It's started to get to me all their negative comments.

OH is supportive, as long as I wait a couple of years until he's off the front line which is fine.

I keep trying to tell myself that Niamh would want a happy Mum who followed her dreams rather than someone who is miserable that they gave up on something so important.

Ignore what your family say hon, your doing what you want to, to provide for your family, they should support you not belittle you for following your dreams *hugs*

i think its very important to show ur little girl to follow dreams instead of just sitting back and watching life go by.

its going to be very hard both parents being in the army with a lo but good luck x

Hi all -hope everyone is well..........

Welshwarriors - that is great news about your o/h coming home early - bet you cannt wait, just hope your bump doesnt get impatient and decides to beat daddy home.

rafwife - dont give up n your dream hun.... in years to come you may regret it when it is too late to do something about it - am sure your family will come round to the idea when they see how happy it makes you - after all you have been through lately you deserve to do something for yourself - go for it!

Well as for me, found out last week that o/h is buggering off for 3 weeks (thanks RAF!!) just two weeks after we move to our new house - so not only will I not know anyone, I will be there by myself......arrgh!!

Hi all -hope everyone is well..........

Welshwarriors - that is great news about your o/h coming home early - bet you cannt wait, just hope your bump doesnt get impatient and decides to beat daddy home.

rafwife - dont give up n your dream hun.... in years to come you may regret it when it is too late to do something about it - am sure your family will come round to the idea when they see how happy it makes you - after all you have been through lately you deserve to do something for yourself - go for it!

Well as for me, found out last week that o/h is buggering off for 3 weeks (thanks RAF!!) just two weeks after we move to our new house - so not only will I not know anyone, I will be there by myself......arrgh!!

this happened to me lol we had been married 3 weeks moved to a new place and 2 weeks later he went off to kenya for 4 weeks i dont drive so had a right job when i needed to do food shoppin lol

ule be fine uve got bnb for company lol i didnt have the net i was going nuts im so addicted to this site lol

I know - will be on here all the time inbetween job hunting! Am already on here too much - am off work with flu (not the piggy kind - been the docs to get checked cos o/h came home at the weekend full of flu n they have piggyflu on camp) and the first thing I think to do is have a nosey on here.....I need a life lol

:hug: Jazzy - makes my 3 weeks seem insignificant and it isnt even to the sandy place (did that last year). Will we ever get used to the going away...............

unforchatly it comes with the marriage when u marry the forces, you get used 2 it and harden to it. i was only married 2 months b4 my OH went 2 afghan for 7 months

haha thats really cute... well, just as u get over the excitment of ur OH getting home, you'll have the excitement to share together of ur little one! (terrible english sorry! haha)

What names etc have u got instore?

xxxxx

We got 2 lists with names (boys and girls)....we will see how the baby looks when he/she comes out and which name suits him/her the best. ;)

RAFwife - go fo it...I think it's fab. I wanted to join the german army (cause I'm german lol) when I was 18, but never really got around to it cause of the things which were happening at the time in my life....and I would have never meet my hubby. lol

I wish you lots of luck that you have success and make it. :)

Well I have another career option too, which is more 'family friendly' and although I would enjoy it, it's not the Army :lol: So I'm going to do selection for both and see what happens.

wishing you lots of luck then rafwife xxxxxxxx

welshwarriors congrats on ur oh coming home a bit sooner :)

im hoping for some nicer weather in catterick soon, much more rain n cold i'll go mental,, has anyone on here ever had a posting to cyprus??

No, but I know people who are in Cyprus. I'm told they finish at 1/2pm everyday :lol:

i would love a warmer posting lol

my hubby is hardly home these coming months hes got a corp weekend then hes med cover for a couple weeks then exam results pending, he'll b off to keogh for a few months to do his class 1 combat medic course

well aparently anyone looking for a posting too cyprus is out of luck because there closing it down in a year! ...so my OH says anyway haha i was gutted i wanted to go!

my oh has put down for his choices of places to go as

germany which i wouldnt mind
cyprus id love but if it is closing then :(
and also scotland(i wouldnt mind but we will be close to his bloody mother:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->