Milk at 1 year

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
What did you do? stay on stage one/stage 3 or switch to the toddler milk or cows milk? :help:

I havent a clue what to do x

Jake turned one 2 weeks ago and I still have him on the 6mth+ milk, I will be keeping him on that until 18mths then switching to cows milk..as he can be picky with eating so at least I know hes getting 15oz a day of that will all the vits/iron in so keeps me from worrying. With DS1 he was a fab eater so went onto cows milk at 12mths. Its what you (and Daisy) are more comfortable with..x

Daisy eats brilliantly, reading how much Jake drinks worrys me that Daisy isnt having enough she will have about 6oz max in the morning and 1oz if I'm lucky before bed, before now shes loved her milk but now shes not fussed :shrug: is she getting enough from the 6+ milk to make it worth while or should I try her on cows milk? do you warm it up still do you know? x

Emma is generally a good eater so I switched her onto cows milk (replaced it gradually, oz by oz) at 12 months. She prefers it to toddler milk! and so do I at only £1 for 4 pints! :)

^^ so you mix formula and cows milk? sorry I really have no idea x

The min is 12 oz at 1 yr + & it includes all dairy they eat throughout the day. Omar is on toddlers milk +cow milk as he's a fussy eater & he needs the extra vitamins in toddlers milk. It doesnt taste or smell like formula, it smells like condensed or powdered milk.

How am I meant to get her to drink more? I cant force her :shrug: I'll probably switch to the toddler milk cause its tailored to what she needs, makes sense x

Remember any milk she has in cereal, custard, rice pudding, cheese, cheese sauce, yoghurt/fromage frais etc will all count towards her total calcium Hayley :thumbup:

Do you think she might like some milk whizzed up with some natural yoghurt and fruit, sort of like a toddler smoothie?

i just changed to cows milk, and have to say one day i just gave him it instead of formula and that was that, he didnt have any reaction or push it away just gulped it down as normal, i do heat it up however and it is blue cap milk x

i just changed to cows milk, and have to say one day i just gave him it instead of formula and that was that, he didnt have any reaction or push it away just gulped it down as normal, i do heat it up however and it is blue cap milk x

We did the same with LO and he had no problem with the cow's milk. The only thing he struggled with was suddenly having milk from a beaker. After about 3 days he was used to it and now gulps it down. He still has the milk from a bottle at bedtime!

Some days he drinks lots of milk and others not so much so I make sure he eats yoghurt and cheese x x

The boys are on stage 1 atm and I am in the process of mixing it with cows milk - they have 7oz morning and night and i am phasisng it in over a week they are on half and half today. xxx

Evie has cows milk now and has been since she was 13 months old. We initially started giving her toddler's milk once she turned 1 and then phased it out by cutting out 1 bottle a day till she was on 3 cow's milk bottles :)
She seems to prefer it to toddler's milk too, because she drinks more than she used to ;)
She's now having 3 bottles a day, which totals up to 20oz and then she has her dairy (milk in porridge, cheese etc) on top of that.. she has around 26-27oz per day.. the HV has said tho that we can cut out her afternoon bottle but it seemed to interfere with the amount she had at bedtime.. she took less, so we put the afternoon one back again :)

switched my lo to cows milk at 12 months - she preferred it to formula. plus she gets her dairy from cheese and petit filous too.

I introduced Conner to cows milk at 6 months. We quit giving him formula at 11 months and made the full transition then. It was super easy for us.

Also, I know there tends to be arguments about what kind of milk to give babies and toddlers. I give my son 2%. They say you should give babies whole milk because the fat is essential for brain development. My son, however, eats table foods and get plenty of fat in his diet, therefore we give him 2%.

Good luck with everything though.

Holly went onto cows milk at just after 12mths, but only because I am ocd about sugar and read how much there is in follow on milk :)

She STILL wont drink it cold, has to be zapped in the microwave for 20 secs to take the chill off.

Remember that any yogurt, cheese, green veg, some pulses, fish, bread - loads of stuff has calcium in in too.

Holly usually only has 9oz of milk max per day - but she has other calciummy foods.

If you are worried about nutrients, there are loads of great baby/toddler vitamins out there. We use abidec multivit and omega 3 (recommended by paediatrician).

Holly went onto cows milk at just after 12mths, but only because I am ocd about sugar and read how much there is in follow on milk :)

She STILL wont drink it cold, has to be zapped in the microwave for 20 secs to take the chill off.

Remember that any yogurt, cheese, green veg, some pulses, fish, bread - loads of stuff has calcium in in too.

Holly usually only has 9oz of milk max per day - but she has other calciummy foods.

If you are worried about nutrients, there are loads of great baby/toddler vitamins out there. We use abidec multivit and omega 3 (recommended by paediatrician).

Evie wont have hers cold either..she has to have it lukewarm or she wont drink it!

Omar only drinks cow milk cold or room temp, he will not drink it if it's warm. He used to take his formula at room temp

forgot to say alexa has hers warmed up too - tried to give her cornflakes with cold milk and she ejected it rather quickly!

I put Jessica onto cows milk purely becasue i didnt like the amount of sugar in the follow on milk. Kx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->