Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

A3my It was lovely weather here today too, we had a walk into town and it was lovely . . . . looked like rain at one point but it stayed fine :)

Martia thats rubbish about OH's Ex, she sounds like a nightmare! Lets hope she changes her mind!

L-C it sounds like you're having fun weaning!

I bought some more Christmas pressies today, I'm trying to be organised but I just know its going to end up that I've bought a ton of pressies for Oliver since I've started to early :haha: They were bargains though, I got . . . .
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Amazing-Animals-Animal-Parade/dp/B001RY9X3S
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Pri...f=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1285878653&sr=1-3
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Pri..._1?ie=UTF8&s=kids&qid=1285878679&sr=1-1-spell

I didn't buy them on Amazon though, I got them in Home Bargains! The first one was £14.99, the second one £7.99 and the third one £4.99! Bargain!!!!!

We're off to Baby Massage tomorrow - no really - we are!!! :rofl: My parents are coming up for the afternoon too, while Steve is working. Then he's off for the weekend!! It's my birthday on Sunday . . . I'm going to be 30 :cry: We're going out for a lovely Sunday lunch which I'm looking forward to.

You girls make me laugh - don't think I'm doing all this research and development in a super professional way - I've normally got a baby on my knee or bouncing away in his Jumperoo :haha: It's a very simple idea but in my opinion very effective. It's just confusing . . . I've run my own business for a few years doing the wedding stuff part time, but this is completely different. Its quite confusing. My first thought is to get it to market asap, to set up a facebook page, a website, get an add on here, and see how it goes. But the components I'd really like to use I need to import from China in bulk . . . . so then the initial costs go up and it gets so complicated! So I think well if I just start off using what I can get in the UK . . . its still really good . . . and if it takes off I can go down the importing route. Then Steve starts talking about patents and I'm just like :saywhat: I've never felt the need to write a business plan before but I feel like I need to with this, just to get my head around it all.

Argh, Oliver has woken again, he's soooo unsettled tonight. I think it's his teeth so the calpol is coming out . . .

frufru - brilliant weight loss well done!! :thumbup::thumbup: are you following any paricular diet or just watching what you eat? thats lovely that you've got good baby friends too. Poor little Joni with the cold though :hugs: hope she feels better soon and that you both get some sleep x

thanks emera :hugs: I know I'm a worrier! I think I was stressing too much becasue I can feel my letdown reflex when it works and it wasnt happening tonight. My poor daughters, they were only having a bath but they were playing really loud splashing games and I was getting stressed about the noise and DH not helping. :dohh: as he's been asleep for nearly 3 hours I can feel I've got some milk so thats good. I hope you are feeling ok :hugs:

sarah - are you setting your alarm this time?? :haha::haha: cool presents, good bargain hunting! and I still think you are amazing, I had to read your post twice to get my head round it so to be actually doing all that is super impressive! :thumbup:

A3my :rofl: Its really not asmuch as it sounds . . . you have more than one child to care for and I'm sure thats waaaay more work!!!!!

Don't stress about your milk :hugs: Alex would definetly not have slept for three hours on an empty tummy!! You know he might still be getting some milk even though you can't self express any out, he might just be frustrated that its slow. Don't worry :hugs: Oh, and baby massage is in the afternoon :rofl:

FruFru well done with the weight loss!!!! I am soooo rubbish. I still need to loose just over half a stone to be my pre-pregnancy weight, and ideally I'd like to loose a stone. I just find dieting impossible. I've never really had to diet before so I just don't know where to start - well I know I should cut out the crap :rofl: Steve is terrible though - he's got such a sweet tooth. If there was no rubbish in the house I wouldn't eat it, but he always buys naughty food! I think I'm going to have to have a word with him and just say if he wants naughty food, he has it at work :haha: I'm also worried about dieting while I'm breastfeeding, I know its okay to do if you're sensible but I get a bit obsessed with stuff if I'm not careful.

I hope Joni is feeling better soon :hugs:

Good morning, I think I have a newborn again!
Also.. No couch :dohh: I'll do a proper post in the morning x

Hi

Amy glad Alex enjoyed his rusk, I need to get some for Will to try. We gain an hour when the clocks changes so we will all have some early risers for a bit eek.

Don't be too hard on yourself Amy you are doing a great job he has gotten this far on just your milk. I have gone through phases where there feels as though there is no milk and there must have been. There will be much more than you think, he definitely wouldn't sleep if he was hungry xx

Hope Joni gets over her cold soon, Will had one a couple of weeks ago bless him. Well done on the weight loss, I'm jealous I haven't lost any! Did have banana cake for breakie today though. Trying to convince myself it's one of the 5 a day??

Well done Sarah on your fisher price bargains.

Will only had two feeds last night but was up countless times for the dummy! Would definitely try and manage without next time....

Saying that I have just read a thread in the baby club forum, which puts everything into perspective oh my god, I will put Will's dummy back every 3 seconds just to have him... have only just stopped crying and don't want to put him down. Thank god he had his jabs on monday xx

L-C I know, that thread is sooooo sad. I read it and had to go and get Oliver out of his Jumperoo and give him a cuddle. So sad.

Banana cake for breakfast sounds like me :haha:

We're back to the rubbish weather here - its raining like mad!! Urgh!!! Quite nice to be inside and cosy though - I'm snuggled up on the sofa with Oliver while he has a nap :)

Hi all -

How is everyone? Our internet has been down so havent been able to post for a couple of weeks.

We have just started weaning Amy well about two weeks ago - Amy you said you gave a rusk ... just whole? I think Amy would love this but have no idea when she can have different things ... I know they arent supposed to have meat or dairy until 6 months but Amy is so big and developed for her age I really feel she needs the food so is having porridge for breakfast, veg for lunch and fruit for dinner!

Really wish we had kept going with the breast feeding I miss it so much now!

Really hope everyone is ok.

morning, just a quickie -

Sarah -did you make it?:haha:

Katie - sorry for your early start :dohh: how is weaning going?

L-C - thanks again :hugs:

Hi Janny - how are you doing? :hugs:

H&F - yes I just gave him a whole rusk, I put a bib on him, its a messy business! i know you're not "meant" to give them finger food until 6 months but he sucked and sucked on it and I stayed with him so that if any chunks broke off i could scoop them out of his mouth. He just spit most of it out but he had a lovely time getting in a completely sticky mess :haha:

amy - dont stress about the milk! he would no way have slept that long if he was hungry! i give owen gluten free biccies like you do with the rusks! he loves it!!!

h&f - owen loves his food too. for lunch he had baby rice with oven roasted sweet potato and loved it!

sarah - good bargains!

frufru - hope joni is better soon its awful when they are poorly. i give medised to owen and use snufflebabe vapor rub on his chest.

lc - the walker is fab! why dont u want the dog following will?

have this irrational fear of will being savaged

L-C I always worry about dogs too, we've always had dogs too but I just know how unpredictable they are. We had the softest dog ever - a cavalier king charles spaniel - but I would never have left him alone with Oliver if he was still about :cry:

A3my . . . . YES :rofl: :rofl: It was nice . . . . thought once again Oliver didn't get as far as getting his clothes off :haha: This time he had a little cry, wanted feeding so I fed him and then he fell asleep!! I said wow this baby massage is good . . . just thinking about it sends him to sleep :haha: One of the girls goes to baby group on a Thursday so at least I will know someone :)

So we've had a nice day, Oliver is in bed now, Steve is due home in a few hours and then he's off for the weekend :)

I don't know whats wrong with me tonight, I'm just really tearful. I just feel so rubbish about myself. Urgh. I feel rubbish about my weight, and I feel like I just look rubbish. I used to be quite high maintainance :haha: but I feel so horrible now. I still put my makeup on (quickly lol) but I don't have a tan, I hardly ever get time to dry and style my hair so it always just drys naturally and I end up putting it up. I can't remember the last time I looked at myself in the mirror and thought 'You actually look okay' :cry: I don't think it helps that I'm 30 on Sunday :cry:

Gosh I'm such a mess tonight . . . . I'm off to do the ironing and sort myself out :haha:

sarah - well done!!! :thumbup::haha: I really should look into some sort of baby class, I might not be so neurotic about Alex if I see other babies :haha::dohh:

As for how you are feeling :hugs: totally with you on that one. I wasnt high maintenance but I used to make an effort and I liked being able to keep my weight down. Now my hair is all long and lank and out of style, plus I've lost half of it with my post pregnancy hair loss. I rarely remember to put mascara on and my skin is dreadful from no sleep, i look like a spotty teenager! :haha: and i still have a stone of baby weight which I cant even consider loosing before I sort out my milk. So dont worry, you arent alone but from the pics on FB I think you are looking fab anyway, a yummy mummy! :thumbup: I felt the same before my 30th, it feels so much better the day after your bday, except I had a stinking hangover :haha:

L-C I meant to say I read that thread too :cry: awful awful awful.

maybe
- how is your hubby finding being back at work? :hugs:

Well this morning I felt like I had a fair amount of milk despite Alex grazing most of the night. I actually bought myself domperidone over the counter, just because I know it can work :blush: and I think it is making a difference. My boobs feel all tingly again, like they are working again! :haha:

Thanks A3my :hugs: I feel like anything but a yummy mummy . . . . urgh! I so want to diet but I'm scared of it affecting my milk. I think if I just try to eat less rubbish and do more exercise - walking with the pram and stuff - maybe that will help. I think that when you're breastfeeding whatever weight the baby puts on mum should automatically loose :haha: Thats a major design fault IMO :rofl:

I'm glad your milk is improving - well done you!! I love that full boob feeling :haha:

Have you got a sure start centre near you? Ours is great! The other mums are lovely and the staff are really good, I just wish it was a bit closer because I have to mess about with the car and things. After baby massage we're doing baby yoga and then baby signing.

sarahI want to eat less rubbish too! I eat three healthy meals and snack on fruit but in the evening I think chocolate chocolate chocolate! :dohh: I'm trying to do more walking too, bit difficult with this poo weather. its horrible feeling like this though I know :hugs: but Oliver is a testament to what a fab mummy you are so its all worth it really :thumbup:

I think there might be a sure start in the town, I'd have to drive there too and get over my phobia of meeting people :rofl: but I think maybe I short force myself! I'm going to have a look now.

A3my You ever thought about moving to Yorkshire :rofl: You could come to surestart with me :haha:

I found doing something like baby massage really good because you're all involved, do you know what I mean? You're not just all sat about talking . . . . because you're actually doing something? I hope that makes sense!

I do exactly the same . . . . I can behave in the day time but evenings I just have to have a 'treat' - argh! Steve really doesn't help. I know he's just trying to be thoughtful . . . he called on the way home from work today and bought pastrys for breakfast - yummy but argh!! Bless him. Well it is my birthday weekend . . . maybe super healthy eating should start on Monday :haha:

Hello there :hi:

Anyone remember me? I didn't realise this post existed although hardly get on here now.

I'm also having milk issues A3my - well maybe not, but Daniel only put on 4oz in 4 weeks (not lost weight but still not great). Have no idea why? He seems happy enough and alert. I knew he hadn't put much on as he was putting on 1lb every 2 weeks and it showed in his clothes/body etc. He sleeps 7 till 6am usually. We were feeding him at 10.30pm but he gave it up - refusing it. He feeds between 2-3 hours in day.

Surestart centre sounds the place I'm going to look into.

As for me, I can second/third/fourth how I feel rough. I've just started exercise classes in the park to get my body in some sort of shape (wobbles like never before) and must admit that did make me feel good - although can't walk 2 days afer the event :rofl: Off again tomo too... if I can actually move

sarah - I would love to move up there and go along with you :haha: although I'd be worried about you oversleeping :winkwink::haha: I had a look and the local surestart doesnt cover my area :( rubbish :(

bless Steve, kerry used to do that to me. He bought me 5 boxes of chocolates for my birthday :dohh: you definately need to indulge this weekend though!! its party time :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->