Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Any news on Ruby? :hugs:

Maybe I'm sorry you had such a bad night, if I had to sleep train Oliver I'd be rubbish.

Muddles EWWWWWWWW I bloomin HATE spids, especially when they run off so you know they are somewhere but don't know where!!!!!!! ARGH! My ex had a really cute little cottage - it was lovely but every time it rained it waas just full of massive spiders - in the sinks, the bath, the curtains, sat on the sofa, hiding in my shoes. Hence he's an ex :haha: When we first moved in here I found a massive spid on the stairs when I went to bed one night. I was so freaked out that I phoned Steve at work and told him to come home :haha: Ha laughed at me and hung up - grrrr - so I called my dad - who lives an hours drive away :rofl: I was pretty upset by this point and my mum had to talk to me to calm me down, and then dad talked me through putting a pint glass over it. Steve came home to the following scene : a large spider - with seven legs - sat on the stairs under a pint glass surrounded by cat treats, and me, fast asleep in bed with the light on and my horse whip in my hand :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The bloody thing had run onto the back of the step so I'd grabbed the nearest thing - the cat treats - and thrown them at it one by one to make it go onto the flat bit where I could put a glass over it - I have no idea how it ended up with seven legs. I think Steve thought I was trying to feed it the treats, and saw me with the whip and thought his luck was in :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It was obviously for defence!!

sarah - i'd have been petrified too!!! when i was at uni in bath the campus was surrounded by fields and my room was on the ground floor with bushes outside and every time i opened the window spiders crawled in! one night i found a massive one on the wall at 2am after coming back from clubbing and the only person i found to help me was this really weird guy who had the hots for my friend!!!

sarah - i'd have been petrified too!!! when i was at uni in bath the campus was surrounded by fields and my room was on the ground floor with bushes outside and every time i opened the window spiders crawled in! one night i found a massive one on the wall at 2am after coming back from clubbing and the only person i found to help me was this really weird guy who had the hots for my friend!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Amy - Hoping that Ruby is ok :hugs:

Muddles - Joni doesn't do the proud look as she squeals and screams continuously like she is having a conversation with you. Sometimes she suprises herself with the noises she makes though, same with big farts :lol: I am glad Oliver is feeling a bit better now. Enjoy your haircut today :) I hope today is bug-free for you.
Sarah - I am glad I was not the only one amazed by the horse fact :mrgreen: I have a really vivd image of spiders fending off cat treats karate style now :haha:

Maybebaby - Joni keeps having really flukey good nights and it is so frustrating when she goes back to waking loads because I know she can be a decent sleeper :shrug: This morning after a 3oz top-up at 4.45am she slept through until 7.55 :shock: but of course now her whole day routine is thrown out :rolleyes: SHe is currently in her cot having a moan as it is nap time and she is fighting sleep. I have settled her to drowsiness 5 times already and am leaving her to tire herself out for 5 minutes before I try to settle her again. What is really frustrating is that I am supposed to be at my mother and baby group at 10, I would just get her up and go but she is in a foul mood because she is tired so I would only end up coming home in half an hour anyway :dohh:

I am not a lover of spiders either :wacko: We get really big fat hairy ones here which are very big (about the size of the palm of your hand). I had never seen spiders this big before moving here and hubby and I nicknamed them devil spiders :lol: To give you an idea of how big they are, one evening we had a couple of friends over and one of them jumped up out of her chair and ran across the other side of the room squealing that a mouse had just run across the floor and under the sofa. Bless her we don't have a mouse problem and told her it was a spider and she did not believe us until we had caught it and shown her :haha:

Hmm, 5 mins later and Joni is now crying, I don't think a nap is forthcoming :nope: looks like I get the grumpy monkey baby again today :rolleyes:

I'm just out shopping and popped on to see if there is any news of Ruby, I really hope she's okay, :hugs: Amy xx

any news on ruby?

frufru - devil spiders!!! omg i would never sleep!!!

Frufru are you sure the devil spids are spids? :rofl: They sound awful!! I think I'd rather have mice!

Where is Amy? I really hope Ruby is okay.

Embarrassing spider confession from me..
In the last house the bathroom was downstairs next to the kitchen. I was getting something out the fridge and saw a huge massive spider crawl out from behind the sink. I was too scared to trap it, so I decided it was a good idea to drown it. On the bathroom floor. With glasses of water... :dohh:

Embarrassing spider confession from me..
In the last house the bathroom was downstairs next to the kitchen. I was getting something out the fridge and saw a huge massive spider crawl out from behind the sink. I was too scared to trap it, so I decided it was a good idea to drown it. On the bathroom floor. With glasses of water... :dohh:

Love the healthy hobnobs discussion!
Amy, I'm still weaning her and it's going well :) she has fruit or veg purée every afternoon and I think I'll introduce porridge or something in the mornings when we hit 5 months.
I'm useless at posting proper replies tonight, sorry ladies! Hope you're all well xx
Distracted by Daisy's DMSA tomorrow morning :(

Evening Ladies
Amy how is Ruby doing ....really hope she is ok.

We have had a busy stressfull day ended up with an expensive smelly photographer here until about 9.15 which caused distress to Amy and me and now im sitting eating battered sauasage and chips ... I have weight watchers weigh in tomorrow and eating like this i have no chance of losing so feeling really down in the dumps!

How is everyone getting on?

Katie that is sooooooooooo the kind of thing I'd do to a spider :rofl: :rofl: When I had an appartment in Leeds I had a spider in the bathroom, but I trapped it under a glass. Then I daren't move it, so it sat there for a few days until I asked some random male neighbour to come and move it for me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope tomorrow goes well for you :hugs:

Oliver and I have had a nice day, we went shopping earlier and it was so nice and sunny, it was lovely! Steve is off tomorrow so we're going up to Harrogate, I have to collect some longer straps for my Loola Up from the Mothercare there.

More hugs for Amy and family . . . . I'm worried about poor Ruby :cry: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

H&F one meal won't make a difference hun!!! Everyone needs a naughty night, and you are doing soooo well! Don't feel bad! :hugs: You've earned that sausage and chips!!!!!!!!!!!

owen is asleep on my chest! poor thing is super unsettled. have put calgel on his gums and given him nurofen but he still isnt right. i sense another horrid night ahead :dohh: OH has been in a crappy mood all night and have barely got a word out of him and he wasnt listening to me! his mum popped round and he was happy to chat to her&tell her stories about his day! when i asked him how his day went all i got was 'ok i guess' :grr:

Longer straps for your loola up ... can you get longer straps? We have been having a nightmare with ours!

sarah - lol about the trapped spider!

h&f - you are allowed to treat yourself sometimes!!!

katie - what exactly is daisy having done tomorrow? hope it goes well :hugs:

Thanks guys ... Amy is still unsettled so can see it being a hectic night.

I have just booked my photographer, the one we saw yesterday but I want to see if he can do a few pictures as a trial beforehand!

I'm really hoping to lose a 1lb this week as that would take me down to my first goal of 5% but we worked it out last night and I have about 30% to lose ... just about to so my weekly measurements tho!

OOhhhh yeah you can - they are sooooo short aren't they?!?! Apparently its a design fault, I can't even do Olivers straps up now if he's got his coat on so I've been using my Silver Cross again.

I just went to Mothercare and said that my parents bought me the Loola Up from Mothercare but I didn't no which branch or when, but that I needed the replacement longer straps. I actually bought in online, and not from Mothercare. They were fab, they said they had had some (they are the same for the Loola and the Loola Up) so the girl looked for them but they were all gone, so she ordered them in. They should be free, for some reason they were on the system for 1p so I paid 1p for them :rofl: :rofl: Apparently you can phone up for them too, but if you have a mothercare close by just pop in :) If you Google Loola Up replacement straps there is loads of info :)

MaybeBaby I swear you are a saint for putting up with your hubby, I'm not violent but he would have had the frying pan around his head before now.

Oh, quick question . . . do your kids learn Spanish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->