Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Oohhhhh I really want a hot chocolate now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Katie - you sound like me - I think I'm naturally a 10/12 (but I'm shorter than you so I don't pull it off so well!) but I like to be an 8. Maybe one day I'll be an 8 again :haha: I eat just like you too - I eat breakfast, then I can go all day on toast or something silly like that, then half the time I forget to eat tea and end up with more toast :dohh:

Sarah - I swear that Joni is trying to talk sometimes when she babbles. Her noises sound like "hiya", "muma" and "yeah" :cloud9:
Oliver is only a couple of weeks off 6 months so I would have thought you would be fine to start letting him have a go with some food. Am I right to think you are planning to BLW? From what I have read and seen babies being BLW don't eat much for the first month or so.
I work for the big scottish one that everyone seems to love to hate :rolleyes:

Maybebaby - Goodness what a poop!!!!! I think it is lovely that you all fun in the bath and got into your PJ's early. It is days like that as a child that I have really fond memories off. As for the tea you need to buy yourself a thermomug. I find the best ones are starbucks ones as they are the only mugs that don't leak when you close the stopper on the lid :thumbup:

H&F - sorry to hear that Amy is off her food :nope: but glad that you had a lovely dinner :mrgreen:

Katie - happy 5 months to Daisy :cake: I call Joni all manner of silly names :blush: Little Bobbin, Bobberoo, Poppetpie, Bubba, Bubbalicious, cheeky chops..................... the list goes on and on :wacko:

I have been sitting Joni in her highchair at the table for teatime for the last few days with some toys to get her used to being at the table. Tonight while hubby and I were eating we gave her a few bits to try BLW style. She had a piece of steamed broccoli and carrot from what we were eating. She tried the broccoli a few times but was a bit weirded out by the texture and pulled some really funny faces :lol: The carrot stick was a bit too soft so broke in half on the first go :dohh: To finish we gave her half a rusk to suck on and after a couple of grimaces she seemed to enjoy it :thumbup: I don't think she ate anything as much as gummed it all :haha: but it is a start. I am so proud of my grown up girl :cloud9:

Righto, off to do a few jobs before bedtime. Fingers crossed for sleepy babies tonight :flower:

sarah - I'm really excited about the post now :)

Katie and Sarah - I'm intruiged and have to ask - how tall are you ladies? x

frufru - go Joni :thumbup: I've done the same with Alex (sarah yes I think giving Oliver a few bits would be fine :haha:), he loved joining in with dinner time :cloud9:

I'm going to start giving Oliver some bits then. He might leave mine alone if he's got his own :haha: We are hoping to do BLW FruFru . . . though I'm worrying a bit about it now as I'm a crap cook :rofl:

Amy I'm 5'2" . . . . I'm a shortie :haha:

Crossed posts - jobs can wait :lol:

Amy - yep pnd sucks big hairy balls :( The odd thing is when I went the doctors all they wanted to do was prescribe anti-depressants when what I could really do with is some counselling. However, I was told if I wanted counselling I would have to pay for it privately :shrug: I find it crazy that they would rather drug me to mask the issues causing the depression than actually do something to treat the actual cause :rolleyes: :dohh: I am feeling a lot better now. I think I could still really benefit from some counselling but it is really expensive *sigh*
Poop in his socks :shock: that's one I have not heard/seen before :haha: I love Holly's song for Alex :cloud9:

Sarah - :hugs: I hope it is not a chest infection but best to get yourself checked out. As for the cooking don't worry too much there are loads of finger food you can start out with that don't need much cooking at all :thumbup:

FruFru you've had so much to deal with, I think most people in your position wouldn't have coped nearly as well as you did :hugs:

Hi girls,

We have been having such a hard time getting Bobby down for bedtime. This was never a problem before :(

Anyone else having the same problem?

Modo, Oliver went through a few weeks of been a bit of a mare at bedtime - I would be up and down the stairs 6-8 times until he finally settled properly. I think it was his teeth maybe? I just kept going with the same routine etc and if he really wouldn't settle and seemed in pain I gave him a half dose of Calpol and that always did the trick.

Sarah - so you're the same height as Kylie :) my sister is also 5' 2". I'm 5' 4" so I'm a shortie too. My friend I sit next to at work is 6' 4"!! she makes me feel very short.

frufru - thats awful they just wanted to medicate you. I had loads of support from my HV (they used to visit so much more than they do now) and she organised for me to go to a support group for mums with pnd but I was always too shy :blush: I felt like a failure. I'm glad you're feeling better, like Sarah said you've been through so much I think you're pretty inspirational :flower:

modo - I'm so sorry you've been having problems with Bobby. I hope things improve, I'm sure they will with consistency. I'm lazy, I always feed Alex to sleep :blush: I gave up teaching him to self settle when my supply was low because I felt guilty about starving him. :hugs:

Amy well thats nice to have something in common with Kylie :haha:

Steve just got home from work, I told him I was feeling crap and thought I had a chest infection and he said 'Oh yeah, I had that for a morning' :saywhat: No aww I hope you're okay or anything - grrrrrrr!!!! Well I hope my coughing keeps him awake all bloomin night now. MEN!!!!!!!!!!

Hi girls. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a nice day. My sister was in town so we hit the beach with her boyfriend and my boys... it was much nicer having 3 adults to help than going by myself with them! Last time I went, I vowed never to go back to the beach with them by myself until Dillon is walking! It was overcast and cloudy - so not to hot for Dillon either - so that was great!

About the babbling - Dillon "says" some really funny things these days too! Its adorable.

Made a roast beef for dinner and the timer just dinged, so gotta go. TTYL....

OOOOOOPs I forgot, happy birthday LM - glad you had a lovely day xxxx

sarah - :dohh: to Steve, bless him having a chest infection for a morning :haha: men :roll:

Amy, I'm 5'6". I've always thought I was smaller, but on one of our many Alder Hey visits I measured myself on a wall chart :blush:

LOL at Steve with his chest infection for a morning :dohh: Vinny thinks he gets I'll for the morning too. Some days he convinces himself he's dying before 8am and them when he phones me on his dinner, he's forgotten all about it!

Thanks for the tips girls!

Hope you all have a nice day.

Bobby is wearing a really cute pair of pajamas, I keep looking at him and smiling :)

modo - we always have that problem. he falls asleep on the boob. bad habit!

sarah - hope you are better soon :hugs: i am a short 5ft2 too! any chance of a link to your shop which isnt through fb?

katie - hope the dr goes well. my friend had an op a couple of weeks ago as they messed up her stitches and she needed a skin tag that had resulted removed.

well another skonkingly bad night as owen was snuffly all night......again :dohh: my mum is taking erin and owen out for a couple of hours in a bit so will have a bit of a rest as dylan is in school. i need to do housework really but feel really crappy, tired and full of cold so may have a wee lie down before doing stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->