Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Sarahwoo - yeah, Estonia is really great. Took a look of your shop, really cute things. I think it's great that you gave BF advice.
A3my - yes, I had Kristan with me. Can't bear the thought if something would have happened. Luckily no I have winter tyres and driving should be more safe.
insomnimama - OMG what your day is like. Mine seems so easy comparing to you, like a vacation.
LogansMama - late birthday wishes for you :flower:
Cactusgirl - your DH really doesn't think with his head. :hugs: for you for having him as just another child.
Frufru - Joni is so sweet.

CG - started weaning a month ago. dont feel pressurised to start weaning if you dont want to!!!

modo - have read the GF contented baby but although makes sense i am too soft to follow. not read baby whisperer yet.

well this afternoon i was at my parents and owen all of a sudden developed a rash all over. i took him to a&e and they were useless!!! dr told me that rashes are hard to diagnose in kids and could be an allergic reaction or viral rash or measles or german measles :wacko: just a few options then :dohh: he has had some piriton as the dr recommended and is sleeping for now. poor thing goes from one ailment to another!!!

CG - Alex is still in our room, there's no other space for him :haha: he's pretty good between feeds but still wakes me every 3-4 hours. My DH is like that, he's getting better as Alex gets older but once when Alex was smaller he said to him "for gods sake you're being over the top!!!" I was so livid I didnt really let him hold him for a long time. Now if Alex cries he says "he wants you" :dohh:

maybe - urgh, poor you. I hope you had a restful day?? :hugs:

frufru - :haha: love the pics. Does Joni cry for more? Alex goes mental if he drops his e.g. cucumber stick on the floor and has to wait for more to be cut :haha: I havent tried any spoon foods yet.

modo - great weight for Bobby! :hugs: I read Gill Rapley too :)

marta - that must have been terrifying having Kristan in the car :hugs: do you still have snow there?

Well I got Alex weighed today and my little skinny man is 15 lbs 5 oz :happydance: I'm so glad he's still gaining. He doesnt really have much food, just a few sticks of fruit or veg which he mainly spits out (he's good with banana though) but I've noticed he's drinking a lot more.

My cats are going mental, one of the girls locked the cat flap shut this afternoon (without me noticing) so they've been shut in all day! :dohh:

Sarah - I hope you're feeling a bit better :flower:

Evening!

Marta I'm glad you like the shop :hugs: Glad you got your winter wheels on too - do you still like your 'new' car?

Modo what a great weight Bobby is :)

FruFru great photos!! Joni is a cutie :) I think we will do a similar thing re the weaning - mainly Baby Led but with the odd thing spoon fed, mainly just to begin with. I know Steve will spoon feed Oliver as soon as I'm not looking anyway as I don't think he has the patience to sit and watch Oliver miss his mouth time and time again :haha:

Insomnimama I hope you feel better soon!!

CG :hugs: I'm sorry you are having a tough time with your OH :hugs: I admit I have moment when I wonder if I would be better just Oliver and I but they are fleeting moments when I am annoyed about something normally - and it was much more in the early days. Steve has his moments but I have to admit he is a wonderful daddy. Oliver absolutely adores him - his little face light up every time he sees him. Any time Steve has annoyed me I just watch him with Oliver and it melts my heart. I think as Oliver is becomming more and more 'interactive' Steve is enjoying him more an more. Today, for example, Oliver was sat with me on the sofa and I was putting my makeup on, he started been grumpy and before I could put down my makeup Steve had picked him up and taken him upstairs while he got ready himself. I really hope that your and your OH can work things out - does he know how you feel? :hugs:

We have had a nice day, we went to the White Rose Centre - forgetting it was half term :dohh: so it was soooooo busy! We did get Oliver a coat though, and its lovely so I'm really pleased with it. Its this one from Debenhams:
https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wc...01_10001_221010340143_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Kids
We also got him some other cute clothes and things and some BLW friendly food :)

I hope you all had a good day!

xx

Oh, just to add . . . Modo its the Gill Rapley book I'm reading too lol!!

And one of my grrrr moments at Steve was last night at about 3am Oliver was wimpering a bit and I was trying to settle him without picking him up and feeding him and Steve was laid at the other side of the bed 'sushing' . . . . grrrrrrrr! I asked him about it today an he didn't remember doing it :rofl: so I let him off. I do find nights easier when Steve is at work though :dohh:

Amy bless your kittys - how is Ruby?

you posted at the same time as me maybe - clearly you didnt have a relaxing day. poor Owen and stupid docs! :hugs: xx

Sarah - lovely coat xx

sarah - Ruby is much better, she's still quiet and sleeps a lot more than she used to but nearly back to her old self :)

Hi All!

Well its been a while! Don't think i'll even try to catch up on 50+pages, it will take so long that i'll have another 50 to do by the time i'm done :haha:

I hope everyone is ok. :hugs:

Been having a bit of a nightmare really, first i'm back to work early (by 2 months ) they were desperate and offered me a fair bit of money, and i'm really short of cash so i really couldn't refuse. As a consequence i'm absolutely knackered though, as Roh is still waking several times most nights. Totally not helped by him having a cold, and then an ear infection and now a chest infection, which we both have. Feeling pretty rubbish really, and have been quite depressed from my MC, i'm seeing a councellor about it, as i'm really struggling with dealing with it.
Despite the illness, Roh is doing really well, 2 teeth popped up in the midst of all the illness, and he's really enjoying his food and his boobie too! :) He's gained a crazy amount of weigh since we started weaning, in 4 weeks he's gained more than 3lb, which is the fastest he's ever gained, greedy little guy :) Its nice to see a little bit of fat on him though i didn't mind him slim, but i always worried that if he got ill then he'd have no reserves. He's rolling about the place like crazy, and is doing the caterpillar crawl also, which always makes me laugh because he grunts like a weightlifter whenever he does it! :D He is really into animals at the moment, especially bees and lions, i suspect that the sounds i do for those are the most amusing to him :haha: he loves when i roar at him! His favourite hobby at the moment though is trying to swing off of OH's beard! Looks painful, but its oh so funny :haha:

Think he just woke up again, he's really suffering tonight :(

Must dash, take care all of you

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lovelyt to hear from you emera, I'd been wondering how you were :hugs: Sorry to hear how hard you are finding the MC :flower: and being back at work and being poorly! :hugs: It sounds like Rohen is coming on in leaps and bounds :thumbup: 2 teeth - I bet he looks so cute :hugs: I hope things calm down for you and that your nights get a bit better xxx

Sorry to hear about the MC, Emera :hug: And I hope you and Roh are feeling better soon :flower:

emera- sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time getting over your MC. when i had my miscarriages i felt that noone really understood how crappy i felt, it was more the attitude 'oh well better luck next time' which didnt help, especially when i had another a couple of months later. then i got pregnant with dylan but i never took that pregnancy for granted, especially after a bleed at 8 weeks. are you ttc or have you put it on hold? hope you ae feeling better soon and roh too :hugs:

amy - glad alex is gaining! :thumbup:

sarah - cute coat! have you got a link to your shop that isnt via facebook?

poor owen had the night from hell. he was super unsettled. the rash seems a bit less prominent today. he is napping in his buggy now but is not really settled despite piriton and baby panadol :nope: poor thing :cry: he was most happy this morning when we went out to do the school run so my dad is going to come down and take him out for a walk for an hour or so so i can catch a cat nap as i got pretty much zero :sleep: last night. what i did get was in 10min bursts i think :dohh: dylan said he wasnt feeling too well this morning. he does have a slight cold but i think it had more to do with wanting to stay home and watch cartoons instead of go to school as he has to stay for lunch today so he knows it's going to be a long day. kids are so sneaky :haha:

Hi

You’ve all been so chatty! There’s so much to catch up on……

Sarah I think you were right to offer advice! I wish I had had some and there is so little available, saying that I feel very passionately about breastfeeding too. I really like Oliver’s nicknames, Will is mostly Wilbo Bagins for some reason! Hope you are feeling better and it’s not a chest infection. I have a nasty cough for a week and a half now, I getting really fed up with it.

Can really sympathize with you on the poorly husband front, I had this cough for a week and was really feeling rough and think the limited sleep was preventing me from getting over it. So my MUM, who really should know better and my DH both start bleating on about their colds!! They both had a little bit of my mind xx A chest infection for the morning is very impressive though! :wacko:

19lbs that’s a great weight. Love the Debenhams coat, Will really needs one.

Katie Happy belated five months to Daisy. :cake:

Frufru Happy 6 months to Joni!! :cake: Haven’t really noticed which hand Will, will prefer, he seems to grab out with both, he’s into everything he shouldn’t, remotes phones, cups! Love the pictures of Joni and her face is a picture, lol at the poo story too, we’re lacking on that front at the moment.

LM glad you had a good Birthday, the beach! Now I’m jealous x

H&F
gutted about the car saga, but really pleased you have it and are pleased with it now. :thumbup:

CG really hope the screaming and hair pulling things are phases were are there too! I know exactly how you feel about being in control. I tend to bicker more with my DH at the weekends, as he interrupts our schedule! And sometimes I wonder if it would be easier ourselves, but then like Sarah I see Will get really excited at Will and then I feel bad. :blush:

Amy glad you and Alex had a good swim, really need to go again. Daddy keeps threatening the pig pool, we have access to one, but have been paying about £10 for a 10 minute dip in a warmer one, which is quite frustrating.

Muddles really does sound like Oliver is ready, bless.

Insomnimama hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Modo - Brilliant weight for Bobby. :happydance: You still dummy free?

Marta really glad you are all sorted with your winter tyres it sounds so scary without!

Maybe - how great is that that Erin didn’t have too much of a problem with her teeth, wish all our babies could be that lucky. That Dr sounds rubbish, how frustrating, I’m quickly losing faith with Dr’s, HV’s and pharmasists, although there is one good one in our local boots. I’m glad Owen’s rash is a bit better today and I really hope you manage to get some sleep today. :hugs:

Emera
bless you a mc is hard at the best of times and there must be so much more pressure on you with Roh and being back to work and not enough sleep!! Really hope the counselling helps. :hugs:

Well we had a nightmare weekend, good one level as Will was feeding much later in the night and one night not until 4:30 but was up looking for his dummy the rest of the night so I actually had less sleep. He also seems to be up a lot between 4 and 5 am. Anyone else have a wide awake baby at about 5 am, we started the day then yesterday - eek….. Also conscious that, that will be 4 am come Sunday.

So we decided to take the dummy away, now his wind has settled down, we have now been 48 hrs without and I can almost leave him to go off on his own, he does try ramming whatever is nearby in his mouth, but is managing without quite well. :baby:

We also thought seeing as we were going to disrupt him we might as well put him in his own room too and only upset him once. Well he has hardly noticed, it’s me that’s is up panicking about him! We do have a sensor alarm luckily, makes me feel a bit easier. With no dummy he has been feeding 2-3 times again instead of once but is so much more settled in between so I can get 3 hours in a go instead of one. I just hope he’ll settle down and the feeds with sort themselves out, if not I can address that once he is fully ok without the dummy. He has just gone down for a day time nap and was asleep within 15 minutes and I didn’t even need to rub his tummy as I have been. Please, please, please let this be it!

I am taking him to the Dr tomorrow as he has a bad nappy rash and pin prick type spots around his mouth, I’m worried it might be thrush. Does anyone now if this sounds right. I had initially thought it might just be the cold where he has been drooling?

Hope you all have a lovely day.

i dont trust drs much! my OH is a pharmacist so i tend to turn to him for advice as much as possible!

Ugh. Dillon had 2 more seizures this morning! :(

He had his vaccinations yesterday which brought on a fever which in turn brought on the seizure. They were only maybe 5 seconds. But it still sucks!

Oh LM that really does suck!!! that would really freak me out. Really hope he is better soon xxx

LM thats awful - really hope he is feeling better soon.

Just a quick post from me ... just off to weight watchers and completly dreading it I have had an awful week! Also my new car ... the clutch has gone on it i am so angry.

Hope everyone is ok x x x

H&F good luck at weight watchers, that is rubbish about the car!! I'd be fuming...

LM - how scary! big :hugs: to you and dillon.

h&f - how crap about the car does it have a return policy? good luck at ww!

my OH came back from work and bought me a bunch of pink roses :cloud9: he got it with his first paycheck from the new job. he's never bought me flowers just because before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->