Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

maybebaby3 - hopefully his rash will go away soon :hugs:
A3my - no, snow melted in the weekend and now we've had rain. Alex really seems skinny with these numbers :winkwink:
Sarahwoo - I love my car. It's so big and beautiful :winkwink: I'm really sad that when we're going on a ski trip we have to rent a car because we need 7 seats. That means my car won't do the work :cry:
emera35 - 2 teeth? Wow, he's a big boy :thumbup:

I'm so tired. Have been for a long time and I don't know why. OH suggested me to do a pregnancy test. I'm sure that I'm not pregnant but now I just have to do it :dohh:

3lbs off at weight watchers so I am very happy - just about to tuck into some steak for dinner yum yum!

Hi all, just nipping in very briefly.

Hope you are all ok. We had an awful night with Joni last night and today and this evening have followed suit :nope: Hubby was so tired he could not cope at work and had to take a half day holiday. I am so tired and have had a splitting headache all day.

Sorry for the whingy post - I am just feeling a bit low today :cry:

I will come back and post properly when I am not so moody :winkwink:

Evening Ladies!

I've got a few pages to go through here! I apologise in advance to everyone I miss out :dohh:

MaybeBaby sorry to hear about Owens rash! I hope he's better soon :hugs: I don't have a non-facebook shop at the moment . . . I am thinking about opening an e-bay shop too so if I do I will let you have the link. Get yourself on facebook lady :haha: even if its just for us BnB ladies! Thats really sweet of your OH to bring your flowers, so he does do some nice things :haha:

L-C I LOVE Wilbo Bagins!!! How cute!!!! I hope your cough gets better, I keep waking Oliver with mine :dohh:

LM I hope Dillon is better :hugs:

H&F I can't believe that your clutch has gone already!!!!! Thats just awful - I hope you get it sorted! Gosh I think I'd take it back and get a refund! Well done at weight watches!!!

Amy I'm glad Ruby is getting better :hugs:

Emera sooooo good to see you - I've been thinking about you :hugs: It sounds like you have a lot in your plate, I hope the councilling helps and that the work / baby balance gets easier. Roh sounds like he is really coming on :)

FruFru :hugs: Days like that are rubbish - I hope you have a good night tonight, and that everything is better tomorrow :hugs:

We had a bit of a rubbish night, partly due to my coughing waking Oliver up :dohh: I also had my flu jab yesterday and kept waking up wondering why my arm hurt, it was only this morning that I remembered I'd had the vaccintion lol!

Today we took a drive up to York and went to the baby store that sells the extended rear facing car seats. Steve still isn't convinced but he suggested going for a look which I was pleased about. The shop was fab - they tried a few in Steve's car and one of them was great. Muddles - which one did you go for again? The sales lady said Oliver was still little too short for it, and said to leave it a month or so and go back when he's a little taller. I really liked it, plus it can go forward facing if - as Steve thinks will happen - Oliver gets to an age when he really wants to forward face.

The shop also sold ICandy's which we had a look at, Steve was really interested and thought they would be more expensive. They are lovely but I can't have three prams :haha:

I've been looking again at going back to work and things, I just don't know what I'm going to do. It just seems silly to pay for Oliver to be in nursery as between the nursery fees (which are subsidised too!) and petrol, keeping my car on the road etc, it would hardly be worth me working. I could work when my parents can have Oliver but that would be Friday & Saturday which could get in the way of my weddings which are worth SO much more money. So I just need to see if I can get more weddings and make enough not to go back to work. So much to think about :dohh:

I hope everyone has a good night :hugs:

xx

Oh yes . . . . also, thankyou for all your comments re the advice I gave my friend. She sent me a message saying that she was expressing in the day time and giving the feeds by bottle, half breastmilk and half formula, and just formula at night. She seems happy with that, but I expect she'll move on to 100% formula soon - I doubt expressing during the day is enough to establish a supply :( It makes me sad :( I don't want to be one of those pushy breastfeeding ladies, and I'm not I'm sure. Maybe some mums just aren't prepared for breastfeeding to be hard work and quite painful to begin with?

Sarah I know some people who had babies at the same time as me did the same as they werent prepared for how difficult it would be ... to be fair I wasnt and I almost gave up after a week! But giving formula is a slippery slope ... I did this with Amy and my supply dried up so quickly!

Hopefully having the clutch fixed tomorrow.

Hope everyone is ok . x x x

Like clockwork Joni was stirring at 3 and wide awake by 3.15.
She is not hungry, has been winded, changed and is refusing the dummy. All she wants to do is play :rolleyes:
Rather than wear myself out and work myself up trying to get her back to sleep I have laid her on the bed beside me so she doesn't cry and wake hubby but am not engaging with her in the hope she will get bored soon and want to go back to sleep :winkwink:
So far she quite happy just to lay and stare at me :dohh: but I have seen her eyelids droop at few times so maybe...........

Hope you are all asleep! Sweet dreams :hugs:

Frufru there must have been something in the air - should have posted at the time we had exactly the same!! Bit of a rubbish night our angelcare has been great but kept beeping last night I am so annoyed, Will ended going to bed an hour late and over tired, the beeps kept waking him as he went off, so consequently was up 11:30, 11:15 and then for an hour from 3 am, had to turn the bloody thing off in the end, so I slept on his floor until 6 am, I'm shattered.

Still no dummy though....just fed him so probably just as bad!!

H&F Well done on the wieght loss!!

Sarah I really want to get a rear facing but can't find any suppliers near us.

xxxxxxx

LC and frufru - make that three of us with really bad nights :dohh: i could cry the amount of times i get woken up a night. i know that i am probably making things even worse by just latching him on but i just dont know what else to do as i just need to sleep! if any of you find a solution be sure to let me know!!!

LC - well done on the dummy removal :thumbup:

sarah - i got the flashcards today! fab! thanks!!! i think i will have to reactivate my fb just to take a peek at your shop :haha:

marta - let us know what the result of the test is! do you want another baby?

those of you bf have you had a period yet? i havent even though i have been weaning for a month now with reduced feeds. so long as i'm not pregnant :haha: we used contraception apart from a couple of times about 4 weeks after the birth so i am pretty sure there's no 4th baby on the way!

Got mine at three months exclusively BFing, prob due to LO sleeping from 11pm - 7am since 8 weeks. Course she doesn't do that now :hissy: we are still suffering the 4 month sleep regression. :hissy:

oh dear there doesnt seem to be anybody that is escaping sleepless nights at the moment!

OMG I have just had to really battle with Will to get him to go to sleep, think it's because we were out for his first nap and he only had a short snooze in his push chair. Must be over tired. Well the Dr said it was drool and the cold weather causing the rash on his face and nappy rash on his bits and bobs. How neurotic am I?? Still would rather get it checked x

definately better safe than sorry LC! have you given will yogurt yet? HV told me it was ok to give owen yogurt even though he's not 6 months and i also read in the mother and baby mag that meat is ok before 6 months so long as it is liquidized!

have to go to dylan's school in an hour for open day to speak to his teacher. think it'll all be good though as he is really well behaved in school! shame he's not the same at home :dohh: why is that :shrug:

I still haven't had a period, its great lol! :haha:

L-C and FruFru sorry to hear about your rubbish nights :hugs: Sometimes Oliver wakes when Steve comes home and he is wide awake for about thirty minutes and then goes back to sleep.

L-C In case you're looking for a new one, I just saw the Tommee Tippee sensor mat alarm thingy for twenty five pounds in Morrisons, I thought that was a bit of a bargain!

We had a really good night last night - gosh I needed it too! Oliver woke and had a feed at 3am and 8am . . . we were going to get up at 8am but both fell back asleep and woke up at 9.30 . . . . so we then rushed around to get to baby club which begins at 9.30 :dohh: So we were a little bit late, but it was still fun :) I really enjoy going.

Right well I can here Steve getting up so I'll pop back later xx

Thanks Sarah, think I'll be speaking to Angelcare first, shouldn't stop working this quick. That is a really good price though! xx

Hi

Modo - Brilliant weight for Bobby. :happydance: You still dummy free?

Thank you hon! I couldn't believe it :)

Yeah we are, I really think its the best thing we have done and have never looked back. Its like he has completely forgotten it.

Well done for having gotten rid of it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby has been sleeping better today as I have been using the Baby Whisperers Pick up/ Put Down method. Its been so helpful!

Nap 1
30 mins followed by PU/PD
He then slept for 40 mins and I had to wake him to feed him.

Nap 2
Slept for 1 hour 20mins continuously!

Have to take B to bed now, will try to give more details once he is in bed, for anyone interested.

Modo

That sounds great, how were you getting Bobby to sleep before?

Just popping on very quickly as my H is wanting the computer to play games with his work buddies.

Sarah- we got a Britax Two-Way Elite it goes from 9kg-25kg and can stay rear facing until 25kg.

L-C this is going to sound really stupid but we got a few false alarms on our Angelcare monitor and it turns out that they were caused by me not plugging in the parent bit to charge so it was running out of battery and alarming because of that!

Frufru love the weaning pictures of Joni!

Sorry so many of you are having sleepless nights. Hope it gets better soon for you all.

Got Oliver weighed earlier in the week and he is now 19lb 11.5oz! So that means he has gained 1/2 an ounce off 12lbs in 6months on breastmilk alone! :shock: Started BLW yesterday and he has been very willing to put things in his mouth, don't think he swallowed much yet but it is a good start and he is still having milk as normal. He loved sucking on dry toast and tried to stick the whole toast finger in his mouth at once (I had cut the bread in half then cut the half into three bits so it wasn't a small piece he stuck in there!) Will post a pic when I am not being rushed to get off the comp!

Evening all :hi:

Sorry to hear that I am not alone with the sleepless nights :hugs:

Joni had two hour and forty minute naps today and I managed to get about 45mins shuteye both times which helped me see the day through. We also put her to bed a bit earlier today on account of her missing sleep last night and also with the clocks going back on sat/sun.

As I had such a crappy night I did not do very well with weaning today and only managed to get Joni sat down once to give her some food. I wanted to give her some baby rice, she had one taste and then refused to open her mouth for the spoon again :rolleyes: I am not sure if she does not like being spoonfed or what :shrug: AH well we will give it a go again tomorrow.

I had my weigh in today and I am only 1lb off losing 2 stone and having a healthy BMI again :happydance:

I am intrigued to see if Joni wakes at 3 again tonight for an hour and half as she has done this repeatedly for nearly a week now. I wonder if the going in and waking her up before she usually wakes scheduled awakenings) would work with her. I am a bit scared to try unless it just ends up waking her up earlier than usual :dohh:

Fingers crossed for better nights for everyone. Night night xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->