Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

:hugs:maybe - sorry you had a rough night ...again :dohh::hugs: fingers crossed for a better one tonight. I dont know why but I just couldnt get to sleep last night even though Alex slept well :dohh: I finally drifted off at about 4 am :cry:

LC - hope you are OK after your successful day and feeling better about things :hugs:

sarah - glad you had a nice day :flower: we have a busy weekend :( tomorrow Holly has street dance 10-11am and then I have to get Emily from a friends (i.e. lots of driving). On Sunday we've got friends coming for morning coffee and then we are going to see my youngest sister in the afternoon and then the girls have riding :sleep:

We dont have much of a baby routine, its too difficult for me with 3 children. Alex has settled into a regular (ish) pattern with naps, he normally wants to sleep at 10 for half hour, then for half hour at lunch and then for about an hour 3-4pm. He feeds to sleep unless we are out and he falls asleep in the pram/car. I know when he's tired becasue he rubs his face into me. I'm fine with that now but I really worry about when I go back to work and I plan to help him learn to nap without me because I dont want him crying himslef to sleep in the nursery :cry: I used to be desperate for him to be able to fall asleep at night without me but now I love that he needs me. I think its becasue I have started weaning and I know that eventually he wont need me anymore and he's my last baby and I dont want him to grow up :( purely selfish reasons.

Arrrghh, my cats have gone in the understairs cupboard (cheers DH) and are under the floorboards scuttling about. I bet they dont come out before we go to bed and they are making a racket!

Your cats are doing what?! They go under the floorboards? OMG if mine could do that she would never come out :haha:

they are out - PHEWEEEE, little mischiefs :D there are no floorboards at the back of the cupboard - Max hid there for a whole day once!

LogansMama have a great time!!!! Wow I can't imagine been able to drive to Disney land - better than Alton Towers! :rofl:

Amy That sounds like paradise for cats!! I can just imagine them running around and you trying to work out where they are from where the noise is :haha:

Another fairly good night here, yay! Oliver's favourite noise at the moment is shouting 'Dada' - he does it ALL the time. I think he just recently discovered the 'D' sound so he's making the most of it! Steve is loving it, obviously :haha: It is very cute, I know he doesn't know what he's 'saying' but its very sweet.

I hope everyone has a good day!

xx

LM - hope you have a lovely day at disney. we want to go to disneyland paris in 2-3yrs. i'd rather go to florida but OH says no :nope: too far and too expensive to spend all day queuing for rides he says. :dohh:

amy - hope you slept last night! insomnia :grr: as for yor cats :rofl: hours of fun for them!

sarh - owen has started making sounds too like dada baba and tata. he likes singing along to baa baa black sheep :haha:

modo - thanks for the info. OH hates to hear baby cry so i dont know what i am going to do as sleep training involves some tears :dohh: also worried about dylan and erin waking! going to try and give it a go though. may order the book as just got my last full paycheck til i go back to work. unpaid as fom nov 10th! :nope:

well spent the morning making purees and tidying up and entertaining the kids. need to go to morissons now but i am taking a breather and sat on my bum with owen sleeping in my arms. OH and erin are designing pumpkins faces to cut out of the pumpkins he bought for the halloween party we are having tomorrow for the kids and a few friends. have soooooooooooooo much tidying up to do :dohh: really need to sort out toys and have a clear out.

Sarah: Glad you had a good night with Oliver! As for schedules everyone has to do what works for them :flower:

Amy: my cats are Balinese (long haired Siamese) and while one of the I am sure would love to go under the floorboards, the other (my neurotic little Hopey) would follow her down get scared and meow constantly till we got her out! She is scared to death of most people. Visitors to our house come in and see a flash of white and hear the click of the catflap :wacko:

LM: Have a great time!!!!

Maybe: I am scared to type this out incase I somehow jinx it but things are much better. I just put Bobby down in his cot and left after 5 mins and he settled himself. This would have never happened before.

Well done Bobby!! Thats great!! Your cats sound gorgeous Modo :hugs: Are they noisy? I know siamese like to 'talk'. Our cat, Kitty, is a colourpoint perisan - she never shuts up :dohh:

Maybe your party sounds like fun!!

Sarah: Yeah they are always talking. Hopey especially drives me crazy with her complaining lol but they make up for it in being so affectionate. Our backyard has a door that opens out to a lovely path and when we walk our dog, Mica (our other Balinese cat) follows us. People are always stunned to see us walking our cat!

How is your kitty with Oliver? I love colourpoints they are so pretty. Can you post a pic?

Can I come to your party maybe? ;) Sounds like a lot of fun! Do you have a costume for Owen? I got Bobby a cat costume (of course) from Mothercare.

Hopey:
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/IMG_0585.jpg

Mica:
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/IMG_0400.jpg

Xiu Xiu (pronounced Shu Shu):

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/Baby%20Bobby/DSC_0001.jpg

modo - you have gorgeous pets!!! I want your cats :haha: and well done Bobby :thumbup:

maybe - hope the party goes well tomorrow supermum! :thumbup::haha:

LM - I am sooo jealous, I love Disneyland Paris - I'd love to try Florida :happydance:

Sarah - Glad you had another good night :thumbup: has Oliver tried anymore food? Alex is still squealing, I cant wait for him to make sound noises :haha:

Alex had a kiwi fruit for breakfast, he loves them. I cut them into 6 segments with the skin on and he sucks all the fruit off the skin. He's doing so well with BLW - he picks it all up himself and just has such a good time munching and sucking away. I've noticed he hardly spits any out anymore :thumbup: then he throws the bits he doesnt want on the floor (like the kiwi skin) :haha:

amy - i think i may try owen with a kiwi!

my mum always threw a halloween party for us and it has really happy memories so i have done one for the past 3 years! owen and dylan are pumpkins and erin is a witch and the adults dress up too. my sis and i have matching witch costumes :haha: will post pics tomorrow

i am so angry with OH as he stropped off to the bedroom before coz there was too much noise for him to sleep on the sofa and i was apparently taking too long to getthe kids ready to go to morissons :saywhat: cheeky man!!! so he stropped off to bed slamming the door and i went to do the shopping with erin and owen in the double buggy and lugging a basket round the shop as well as shoving stuff under the buggy when there was no space left! does he not realise he is bloody lucky to get a full night sleep (admittedly on the sofa) and a siesta!!!???!!! rant over

Maybe: your oh never failes to amaze me :growlmad:

Cant wait for the pics!

Amy: that's so cool! How long have you been doing BLW now? I would start Bobby now if I could but he really has no interest yet!

maybe - thats so nice you're carrying on family tradition. You'll have to cast a spell on your DH when you are a witch :haha: I hate struggling around supermarkets - poor you :hugs:

modo - ALex has had a few tasters since about 20 weeks but he played with the food and enjoyed the different textures rather than actually eating but I stepped it up a gear in the last week or so becasue he's go mental every time we ate, grabbing at our food and crying and crying if he didnt get any. :haha:

Evening!

Modo your pets are GORGEOUS! Are your cats bigger than your dog? So cute!!!!

I will find a photo of Kitty (as in Hello Kitty :haha:) in a mo :)

Kitty is so good with Oliver, to begin with they just ignored each other but now Oliver loves her - she lays next to him and he touches her fur and grabs lol, she just lets him! I'm amazed because she hates kids - if we ever have children visiting she disapears until they have gone :haha: She must know that Oliver is different because you can really tell that she's making an effort.

Maybe I hope you enjoy your party! Sounds fab! Gosh I truely don't know how you put up with your OH!!!!

We had a nice day! Mainly we just chilled at home, then we went for a nice walk. I also bought an iCandy apple :haha: I wanted one. Steve offered to buy me a new one but they are so expensive, I didn't want to get one and then not like it. So I said I would see how much I could get one for on ebay, and then if I love it maybe I'll have a new one, and resell the second hand one. I managed to get one on ebay for £82!!!! Its close to where my sister lives in London too so she is going to go and collect it for me. Bargain!!!!! So that made my day :rofl:

Well I am finding this BLW kind of hard to get into, I'm worried I'm going it wrong even though I have 'The Book' :haha: Today Oliver was offered breadsticks, toast, cucumber, tenderstem broccoli, orange, and yoghurt. Oh, and a rusk. He didn't eat much . . . I think thats what I find hard. I'm going to stick at it though. For now I'm offering food once a day - at lunch. I ususally eat dinner when Oliver is in bed. Does this sound okay?

xx

Sarah I think you are a pramaholic :haha: wow though, what a bargain :thumbup::thumbup:

I know what you mean about BLW - has Oliver pooped since having grub? you'll probably notice he ingested more than you thought :haha: it took Alex about a week to really get to grips with eating more than he throws on the floor and thats only for some things. He has definate favourites and still cant manage really hard things, e.g. I gave him some toasted pitta bread and he just grimaced and threw it on the floor. He sucks toast until its all sloppy. It still feels alien to me as I TW the girls but Alex has such a good time. My friend BLW her daughter who is now 14 months and I've seen her eating and its fab when they are about 9 months and have really gotten it :hugs:

oh and I started once a day and now offer food once or twice a day :shrug: x

Thanks Amy :hugs:

I try not to look too closely at his poo tbh :rofl: :rofl:

I'm very nervous of it all at the moment. When I read about Alex choking on the pineapple I though wow, I just wouldn't know what to do. I have my baby first aid course on November 10th and I think after that I might feel more confident and more able to just leave him to get on with it. I really, really want to stick with it - tbh I wouldn't have a clue where to start with TW either so I doubt that would be any easier for me. Gosh I feel quite out of my depth!!

I do have a bit of a thing about prams, whoops! I'm going to pack the silver cross away. Its hardly been used and it has the car seat to match and the pram bit so we will probably use it for the next baby. If we have one :haha:

sarah - i love prams! OH&MIL take the piss out of me loving prams! i only have the my4 and techno xt but would love an icandy cherry and a bugaboo bee! my OH wont let me and our flat is too small for more prams tho i'd like a new double buggy as mine is really crapped up!

am in bed. OH drunk two bottles of wine and snapping at everything i say so he can stay up on his own! he just asked me if i had gone to bed in a really surprised way! of course he's not tired after his 3hr siesta but i havent had the luxury!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->