Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

maybe - :dohh:your DH - doesnt he worry about his liver (let alone his relationship :grr:)? sounds like you are in the best place.

sarah - it was an automatic reaction to turn Alex upside down and pat his back hard when he choked badly and he's only ever done that once. He does gag a bit but I just watch him closely - sometimes I scoop whats in his mouth out with my little finger if it looks like too much. You and Oliver will be fine though :hugs::hugs: maybe I am poo obsessed :rofl: :rofl: :blush::blush:

oh yes, maybe I have an xt too - I love it. I hadnt used it since we took it to France and back then Alex was too small for it but my sister is borrowing it for India and I got it out. I took Alex for a walk in it and I cant wait to get it back now :haha:

Sarah: thanks for the compliments

That's cool you started BLW. We are going to Dubai on the 9th for 2 weeks and we will still be there by the time Bobby is 6 months. So we will be starting once we are back in the UK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been adjusting Bobby's schedule today to work with the time change. Are any of you ladies doing this?

Amy that must have been horrible, I'm so frightened to give Will anything in case he chokes!

Modo Dubai sounds lovely - I'm jealous. We are winging the clock change! Going to try to compensate half and hour today and half an hour tomorrow x

Modo for the last week I've been putting Oliver to bed a little later, so its gone from 6pm to 7pm, so that today its back to 6pm. However Steve isn't feeling well so he's still in bed, so I can't put Oliver to be until he gets up :dohh:

Hey all,
All these babies are growing up so fast and I cant believe we are onto the beginnings of weaning already!! Your babies all sound such lovely characters!
Sorry to poke my nose in - but I just wanted to say to Maybe to think very carefully before getting the i-candy cherry as I have one and it has been nothing but trouble!!! Plus, I candy are rubbish at after sales and customer care!!!!
x

Urgh, bedtime is not going well in the woo household!!! I had to do Olivers bedtime routine downstairs while Steve was asleep, all was fine, Oliver fell fast asleep and when Steve got uo to go to work I took Oliver upstairs. However he then woke up and won't go back to sleep :( he's wide awake. Argh!!!! I'm starving too :(

modo - dubai, wow you lucky thing xx

LC - we're also winging the clock change, Alex was really tired and grumpy this evening :dohh:

Mork - :wave: lovely to hear from you, how are things with you and your LO? :hugs:

Sarah - oh no! I hope Oliver settles down again soon xx

We've done more pumpkins tonight as the first two have gone all mouldy, no trick or treaters here :happydance:

Evening Ladies -

I forgot the clocks were changing so didnt do any routine change ... I was shocked when I looked at the clock and was wondering why Amy was singing at 5.30, OH forgot to tell me he had already changed the clocks! We have tried to keep her up a little later tonight but I guess a few early mornings will be fine!

How is everyone getting on?

We are hoping for a quiet week - last week was so busy with my sister over and we were out the house all day everyday! Off to rhythum time tomorrow and then back home to do some washing and sorting money out!

Has anyone got any nice plans for this week ? x

Hey A3my!!
We are good ta, going through the same teething/sleeping difficulties as so many others on here with lo's of this age!!!! Hope all is good with you xx

Ahhhh, Oliver seems to be settle - touch wood - and I have been able to grab some food. So I'm now settled with some sweeties an can hopefully post properly before I get an early night.

Modo - Dubai sounds fantastic! Have you been before? I hope you have an amazing time!!

Mork - nice to see you!!!

H&F - Steve changed our clocks too, I really had no idea what time it was when I got up :haha:

Amy - hope you enjoyed the pumpkin carving!! Have you got any pics?

Oliver and I have had a lovely day with my parents today, we went shopping and for coffee and things. Oliver was very well behaved :) As I mentioned earlier Steve wasn't feeling too well, he's gone to work but I expect he'll be home early.

We don't have many plans for the week ahead, I'm at the doctors tomorrow, just for a smear, I'm sooo overdue :dohh: Then at the weekend we may drive down to London to my sisters to collect my iCandy :):):) My parents are having a pre-bonfire get together on Saturday, basically lots of yummy bonfire food and goodies before they all go on to the villiage bonfire. I think we will go to the little get together at my parents and then come home, I can't imagine that Oliver would enjoy the bonfire / fireworks.

Ahhhh, I'm so tired, I might go to bed :haha:

sarah - glad Oliver is settled. I had an overdue smear last year, I was so embarassed when I got there the nurse was a mum from the school :blush: she asked if I wanted to re-book but I said no just do it, its taken enough guts to get here I cant face postponing :haha:

Whereabouts do your parents live? we normally go to a brilliant firework display at our local pub. The fireworks are free and they put on a BBQ and mulled wine :happydance: but this year I think we'll have a few sparkly little fireworks at home and some hotdogs/burgers. I dont think ALex would like the big fireworks either :hugs:

Disney was great! I would love to go to the one in Paris! LOL. I'd love to go to Paris - period!

The weather was perfect - but it was crowded. If anyone ever does plan a trip there - I'd go in December. I've been many times - and December is by far the best time to go! Less crowds, perfect weather, gorgeous decorations!

But anyhow - Logan got to meet Buzz Lightyear ("the real Buzz Lightyear" - LOL). He was so excited. Overall a good trip - fast but good.

Oohhhh LM thanks for the tip - we hope to go in a few years - it would be lovely to go one December! I haven't been to Paris Disney but I've been to Paris a few times, and I am always dissapointed. Its somewhere I really wanted to love - hence why I kept going back, but I have never enjoyed it there. I can appreciate most cities even if I don't really like them, but Paris, I just completely failed to find its magic :(

Amy my parents live in Sheffield, well actually quite a long way out of Sheffield, in the Peak District. Its very beautiful, very rural, very isolated :haha: I've lived in Pontefract for almost 6 years and I still find it novel that I can walk to Boots and Tesco, and that I have three supermarkets within easy walking distance :haha:

We usually go to a big fireworks and bonfire up near Tadcaster. Its so good, but no good for Oliver. Steve was given free tickets for this year too - typical :rofl:

here's a couple of halloween pics of the kids with my mum. was good party but have to clean up still! we got takeaway and watched xfactor after we bathed and fed kids. on phone will post properly in the morning!

Attachments

• Photo0351.jpg
    Photo0351.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo0352.jpg
    Photo0352.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi all we winged the clock change too as we don't have a routine (other than bath, playing on our bed/story, massive milk feed, then sleep when Oliver shows the first signs of being tired-always seems to be round about 6pm) so as a result Oliver woke up at 7:15am and then he was in bed asleep by 6:30pm (normally he wakes up around 8am and goes to sleep around 7:30pm).

We tried beetroot as a BLW food today and it went everywhere! :lol: He was keen to try it though and put it in his mouth, made an 'eeeewwww' face and took it out then a couple of seconds later put it back to his mouth again! Ha ha can't wait for the purple nappy as he definitely swallowed some.

Maybe-lovely Halloween pictures.

Evening!

Couldn't resist changing my avatar after snapping this really cute picture of Roh today!

Modo - I love Dubai, i used to live in Oman and we went over a few times as it was so close, fantastic! :)

Sarah - Hope Oliver stayed asleep for you! I'm due a smear too, but i've been at the doctors about 5 times in the last 2 weeks, so i'll give it a rest for a while i think.

Am i weird that i hate fireworks? I quite like how they look, but i hate the noise so much!

I forgot to get a pumpkin to carve this year :( Ah well, i'll grab one when they get reduced and make a yummy pumpkin pie instead! I have my friend's son's 5th birthday party to go to this week, i'm was planning to make these cupcakes to take along, what do you think?
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/873655/cookie-monster-cupcakes

Well, tonight, as the clocks went back i decided it would be a good night to try and get Roh to go to sleep on his own for the first time in over 2 months, as i've been feeding him to sleep since then (start of the sleep regression thing, which incidentally hasn't really ended :wacko: ). Feeding him to sleep has been taking longer and longer anyway, so its been coming, plus he'll be moving into his own room this week, and i really want him to be able to settle himself, as his room is right at the other end of the flat.
He was all bathed and fed and relaxed and in bed all sleepy at 6.30pm :thumbup: Well, we had no crying or stress really, i didn't even have to pick him up, but he's just gone to sleep about 15 minutes ago....phew. He's basically spent nearly 4 hours rolling around in his cot, getting wedged in the ends, flinging his dummy as far as possible under my bed (there is a spider under there, i wasn't happy about having to keep visiting the lair dummy hunting!! :wacko: ) and flailing his bunny about like mad!
Please tell me that it gets quicker?!? I mean i was expecting more crying, but really i only had to shush him and put my hand on his back a few times. Thing is, i'll have more of an evening if i feed him to sleep than if i have to sit 4 hours with him, and selfish as it seems, that was the whole point, OH and i really need a bit of time together to help get some sort of "relationship" back.
Ah well, i'll stick at it i suppose :thumbup:

Roh has also discovered a new noise to make, basically a really loud high pitched screeching, it was cute for a while, but he's done it literally allll day yesterday and today, even when he was on the boob he was doing it in a more muffled way! :haha: I guess he's really enjoying making that sound, but boy i'm glad for some peace and quiet :winkwink:

Really proud of him though, he ate almost all of a slice of buttered toast for his snack this morning, with only the "handle" parts being mushed up and thrown at me :haha: I'm about to go and make his lunch for tomorrow, as we are going out, so i'll prepare it now to save time. Think he'll have some apple and parsnip puree, strawberry yogurt, and peanut butter and cream cheese sandwiches :) We are going to go meet a friend of mine for lunch tomorrow after my fitness class, should be nice. I get really bored at the weekends, as OH works, and everyone else always seems to be busy. Roh and i just went for a nice long walk today, and i bought myself a coffee and Roh a carton of baby juice, as a treat, i was quite impressed he caught on to using a straw quite fast! Also cleaned his teeth for the first time tonight, as the bottom 2 are fully through now, toothpaste was a new flavour experience for him to be sure! :haha:

LM - glad you had such a fab time :happydance: Disney in the Christmas season sounds wonderful :cloud9:

sarah - what a gorgeous place to grow up! My Dad used to live in Lincoln (for work) and when we used to stay we would drive to the peak district for walks. It was so beautiful.

maybe - awwww they look so cute, I love the photo of Dylan kissing Owen :kiss:

Muddles - :haha:, I hadnt thought of beetroot - I'll have to give that one a go :thumbup:

Waiting for Alex to wake to feed before going to bed.... he always sleeps longer when I stay up waiting :dohh: I just ran up to check him, I still get nervous when he sleeps a long time :dohh:

emera - that photo is just gorgeous :hugs: have you got any pics with his teeth showing? Those cupcakes look fab :thumbup: I'm going to have to make those with my girls :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->