Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Sarah - multitasking is such a female skill :winkwink: Hope you had a nice walk?

Hannah - what is your home learning course on? You're very brave doing that with a baby :thumbup:

H&F - I bet you still lose weight, you've worried every week but done an amazing job so far :hugs:

maybe - mmm curry! I love Oasis clothes but I'm living in H&M baggy tops at the mo (sigh) :)

frufru - :hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry Joni has got into such a tizz with sleep. When I think back to how I felt when Alex's sleep was awful I dont know how I coped. You and Maybe are absolute troopers :hugs: I'm sure the HV will help you, even if she just listens. I had to go to a sleep clinic with Emily when she was a baby becasue her sleep patterns were a mess. I was told to use CIO, it was really hard but I wasnt aware of other options. However after 3 nights she slept through and would go off easily for naps. This was when she was 11 months old. Now she is 10 yrs old and I have to ask her 50 times to get up in the morning, funny how things change :dohh:

Well I got my car sorted so thats good (until the next thing dies on it). I was going to start not picking in the evening this week but its gone so wrong becasue all I can think is food food food :dohh:

Evening :)

Hi to Hannah, and Amelia too, she's so cute! :flower:

Still trying on the teeth picture :dohh: problem is, when i try to take a picture close enough to see them, then Roh just wants to eat the camera, so he sticks his tongue out, covering the teeth up :haha: I'll get there though!

Sarah, i've fancied scrambled egg ever since you mentioned it, so now i'm eating it with some mushrooms and tomatoes, yumyum :)

Well, Roh slept from 8pm to 6.30am last night, i truely can't remember how long its been since he did that, feels like forever! :thumbup: I ended up pretty much waking him up, because i was sooo desperate to feed him! :haha:

We had a lovely day, went to a stay and play group for the first time, Roh had so much fun, and he loved the song time, he was singing along and bouncing like mad! :) Then we went to the HV to get him weighed. I can't believe in the last 5 weeks he's gained 3lb, when the 6 weeks before that he only gained 2oz :wacko:

H&F - I know what you mean about the stuffing things in their mouths, today Roh was eating his avocado and cheese sandwich, and he obviously liked it because he was gagging and still trying to stuff more in at the same time :dohh: I was sitting there all primed and ready to start tipping him up and patting his back, but fortunately he stopped and spat some out.

FruFru - Roh was like Joni is the first time i tried him with food, he just looked disgusted and spat it all out, although he would suck mushed banana off my finger or lick and suck at a peice of apple. I just waited a couple of days and tried again. I think when they are ready they will suddenly swallow it instead, although when i give Roh new things he still looks disgusted, but then opens his mouth for some more! It took him about a week or 2 after the first time he properly swallowed to fully get the hang of things. Now he's unstoppable, when i was feeding him his puree today i was chatting to someone (we were in a cafe) and before i knew it he'd grabbed the spoon from me, stuck it in his mouth, and then held it out for more and shouted at me :haha: Apparently i'm too slow!
Hate to tell you though, it hasn't improved his sleeping at all :( I'm doing some gentle sleep training and bringing in a more strict daytime routine, and so far thats been improving things alot more than the food did. :thumbup: I really hope your HV has some useful advice for you :hugs:

Hmm, think i might risk taking a bath, i guess i can always jump out if Roh stirs :winkwink:

:hugs: to you all!

I dont believe it Sarah, we posted at the same time again!!:haha:

parsnips, I must get some of those for Alex to try, glad you had a successful weaning day :thumbup:

emera :thumbup: Well done Roh, I bet you feel like a new woman! Brilliant weight gain too - how much does he weigh now? I'm interested to see if Alex gains weight well on food. I love that Roh took the spoon off you :haha:

Thanks guys, you're babas are gorgeous too :flower:

A3my - I'm doing a child development course :) I want to go to uni and study midwifery eventually not for a few years yet though :)

I can't wait to start weaning Amelia, when did you guys begin weaning?

haha, Amy I know - I think I must stalk you :rofl:

Emera I'm glad you enjoyed your scrambled eggs :haha:

Well I just got the bathroom cleaned, I've been trying to get it done for a few days but now Oliver won't sit in his bouncer (he sits up so it almost tips over :dohh:) I don't really know what to do with him when need to do things like that, unless Steve is about to watch him. I need a Jumperoo in every room :rofl: I could sit him in his bumbo I guess, but I'm not sure how long he'd sit in it for.

Right, I'm off to put Oliver's laundry away!

xx

Hey Hannah!

Your course sounds good!! Do you enjoy it? I think Katie (Windmills) who comes on here wants to be a midwife too :)

We are just starting to wean Oliver and he's almost 6 months. I wanted to wait until 6 months but he started grabbng my food and shoving it in his mouth :haha: so I took that as him saying he was ready! Its going well so far :)

Sarah - :rofl: either that or we are somehow psychically linked :haha:
I put Alex in his bumbo when I clean the bathroom or just lie him on a change mat and sing to him while I do a quick spruce up :haha:

Hannah - that sounds really interesting :thumbup: I used to be a childrens nurse and I worked in SCBU for 6 years before I changed career but lately I've been thinking I wish I had stayed a nurse :dohh:

I was going to wait for around 6 months to wean Alex but he was like Sarah's Oliver and kept grabbing at my food so we started in earnest this last couple of weeks. Its good fun but messy :haha:

Amy I think that might be it :haha: It must be because we are both as nutty as each other :haha:

What job do you do now? Well when you're not on mat leave :haha:

I really like it, bit hard doing it with a baby though :haha: but i manage :)

Bless, what did you try them on first, I was going to try baby rice but know i'm thinking of porridge instead. I'm hoping to wait as long as possible but she's at the absolute minimum now.

Hannah - I started Dillon right at the 6 month mark - but doc said I could have started at 4 - but I didn't think he was ready. Anyhow - we started on peas. A few days later we tried applesauce. Then oatmeal. Lately he has had apple puffs and cheerios too.

hannah - i started weaning just after 4 months and the first food was baby rice followed closely by carrot parsnip and sweet potato.

frufru - owen got the hang of the spoon straight away but dylan and erin took slightly longer. what spoons do you use? i found the avent ones were good.

here's a few weaning pics from yesterday - roasted butternut squash carrot and baby rice followed by muller stars strawberry yogurt!

Attachments

• Photo0384.jpg
    Photo0384.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo0379.jpg
    Photo0379.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo0372.jpg
    Photo0372.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1
hannah - i started weaning just after 4 months and the first food was baby rice followed closely by carrot parsnip and sweet potato.

frufru - owen got the hang of the spoon straight away but dylan and erin took slightly longer. what spoons do you use? i found the avent ones were good.

here's a few weaning pics from yesterday - roasted butternut squash carrot and baby rice followed by muller stars strawberry yogurt!

Looks like you had fun there :D

Hi to Hannah, Amelia is such a cutie! I started weaning will at 17 weeks, which was probably a bit early but he has loved it from day one.

Amy love your summary of our chatter - hit the nail on the head :winkwink: Glad you got your car sorted.

H&F scrambled egg, that sounds lush, I'm so timid at giving Will new stuff, I'm finding it scary.

Sarah, I know what you mean about trying to clean things and jobs waiting a few days, we have the same problem and I dream of a jumperoo in every room. well at least one upstairs and one downstairs!! :haha:

What a good sleep for Roh... and brilliant weight gain. :thumbup:

FruFru - Will was like that with his food and sometime is still with new flavours. He did that with bananna a couple of weeks ago but now loves it. Hope the HV comes up with a good plan for Joni's sleeping.

Maybe - Those weaning pictures are fab, he looks like he's really loving it.

Well our night was bril. Will went to sleep by himself and it took about 5 minutes or less. I kissed him tucked him in and that was it! So I was really chuffed with my clever little man. Then I was really reckless and stayed up until 10 pm the latest for quite some time. I heard him stir but he must have gone back off. Then I fed him at about midnight, put him down awake, tucked him in and then........ I WOKE UP BEFORE HIM AT 6 AM!!!! Will woke at about 6:40 and played while I had a shower and I got him up at 7 :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: He wasn't even starving. I have everything crossed this is the start of better sleeping. Ditching the dummy has been the best thing I have done, it's only a week on. I must say though it was challenge getting him back to bed this morning, but he's off now.

I'm off to see a friends 3 week old puppies!! My OH nearly spat his dinner out last night when I asked him if he wanted to see Suzie's puppies:haha::haha:

L-C thats a great night!! Well done Will! We had a good one too, Oliver was fast asleep for 7pm, had a feed at midnight and then slept until 7am! Yay!

Great weaning pics Maybe :haha:

I think our chickens are enjoying Oliver been weaned as they are getting all the fruit etc which Oliver doesn't eat / throws on the floor etc. They are eating very well :rofl:

Visiting the puppies sounds fun L-C! :haha: at your hubby :rofl:

What is everyone else up to today? I think Oliver is going to have a nap and then we are off for a walk into town as I have a few errands to run.

I hope everyone has a good day!!

xx

Sarah - I've got to try and do the cleaning today, fun :haha: That's if I get a chance lol.

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you Hannah? Lovely part of the country!!!

Just wondering for those doing TW - how do you know how much to give?? Will would just keep going and obviously I don't want him to be hungry but also don't want to over fill him....

Will had a pot full of porridge for breakfast followed by half a pot of mango

Similar night to us then Sarah, Will was asleep by 6:45 pm and slept until 6:40 am

Hannah I used to live in Cornwall am in Devon now

Sarah - I'm down the far end near Redruth.

And I say try to because Amelia's whining for attention:dohh:

I was in Helston and my goddaughter lives in barripper!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->