Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Its so lovely down there - Hannah and LC you are both lucky to live in such a lovely counties! Its very nice up here in Yorkshire but we always took holidays in Devon & Cornwall so I have a huge soft spot for those places :)

I really need to go out but it keeps raining :dohh: I really don't want to get wet :haha:

Every time I pick Oliver up I'm finding more bits of breakfast - I guess thats what happens when I give him the spoon :haha: Its all up his nose :rofl:

Oh, and L-C when I spoon feed Oliver I just watch for him loosing interest, he opens his mouth and lunges at the spoon normally so when he stops doing that I stop. Sometimes he then starts crying for more - its a bit hit and miss lol!!!

xx

LC - Do you still live down here now?

Sarah - I love living down in Cornwall it's really nice but the weather's a bit hit and miss :dohh: Also it's raining down here and have no intention of going out either :haha:

Also a question for you lovely ladies, at what age was your LO when you went out for the first proper time? and left them with relatives etc..

morning :)

Sarah - glad to know I'm not the only nutty one :haha: I moved into scientific research and I currently work in drug safety. Alex is good at hiding food under his chin and up his nose :haha: Hope it stops raining for you soon x

Hannah - I still havent left Alex yet :blush: I'm too fat for any of my nice going out clothes! I must stop pigging!!!

LC :rofl: re the puppies :haha: thats brilliant news about Will's sleep :thumbup:

Maybe - fab pictures :haha: Is that an Ikea highchair? I have one of those, I was going to buy a new more expensive one (I was given the ikea one) but actually I think its fab!

I've just been puked on gotta go x

Amy we have a big all singing all dancing high chair, my parents have the Ikea one at their house and Oliver prefers it :dohh:

Hannah we've always found the Cornwall weather a bit hit and miss too :haha: The last time we were down there was last August / September, we stayed near Padstow and had a little cottage by the beach. The weather was awful though - we had the heating on the whole time and I went in the see with my wellys on :rofl:

Its gone soooooo dark outside . . . . ugh!

Sarah - I know the feeling, it's freezing here at the moment and our boiler's broke :growlmad: We went to Wales a couple of weeks ago on a little holiday, stayed in one of them static caravan parks and the heating wasn't working there either, they only offered to fix it the day we was bloody leaving :growlmad:

Morning - no sorry afternoon already.

Hope everyone is ok ... weigh in tonight, sorry for moaning everyweek about not thinking i'm going to lose. I am praying for a loss this week, I really dont want to see my leaders face if I put on!

Im just about to make amy some lunch then we are off to see the health visitor to get Amy weighed and ask her a few things about weaning - she said before that once she is 24 weeks she can have whatever i have but I just want to check a few things. Hannah I started weaning Amy at 17 weeks with baby rice and then veg and fruit but now she is having all sorts - we are having scrambled egg again today and i'm going to buy her some yoghurts later does anyone know what is best for them?

x x x

Afternoon :flower:

Thanks for the input on the spoon feeding. I will keep trying and I am sure she will eventually cotton on :thumbup: in the meantime I will still offer her finger food and babyrice/puree something once a day.

Joni is now 16lb 7oz and 67cm long :mrgreen: My HV is really pleased with how she has caught up bearing in mind she was early. I think I forget sometimes that based on due dates Joni should have been one of the youngest babies of the thread but chronologically she is one of the oldest.

My HV has recommended we implement a check and console method to try and improve Joni's sleeping. We have tried almost all of the the alledged 'no cry' techniques and they just don't seem to work with Joni :shrug: When I tried PU/PD with her it made her worse than if I just left her lying in her cot :dohh: My HV did say that post-colic babies are notorious for being bad sleepers once the colic has gone and do sometimes need a more heavy-handed type of sleep training.

Just got back from health visitor ... im making amy chicken, pasta and sauce for dinner tonight! She said to feed her like I would eat so i'm still worried about her choking but I will mush things up a little bit to make me feel more secure with her eating.

Amy is supposed to be having a nap ... but i can here her singing through the baby monitor, if she doesnt have this sleep she is going to be in such a bad mood later!

Hannah I'm in Devon now. We only left Will a few weeks ago, with my Mum and we went for a curry, this distance was the equivalent to the bottom of the garden though!

H&F good luck for tonight!

Frufru that's a great weight and measurement for Joni! Really hope the HV suggestions work, I think that it what we probably have been doing without realising and it's been great, I've never left him to get distressed but he does cry a little bit sometimes. I then rub his tummy and ssssh him, so never leave him when he is crying.

Hannah I left Oliver with my mum and dad when he was about 8 weeks I think, we went out for dinner and I spent the whole time checking my phone :dohh: When he was 12 weeks we left him with my sister while we went to see Penn & Teller - that was very odd as we went on the tube (my sister lives in London) and I felt very, very far away. I also left him a few weeks ago for a few hours, again with my mum, but as he doesn't take a bottle any more that didn't go so well :dohh:

H&F - Good luck tonight :flower: you dont moan about your weigh-ins :hugs: I did weight watchers once and I know you worry every week becasue the more you lose the more pressure you put on yourself. Plus I think that you get used to eating less until it feels like a normal amount and then you worry you are eating too much...if you get what I mean. Anyway, I peeped at your fb pics and the professional ones you got done of you and Amy are gorgeous! What a lovely idea x

frufru - great weight Joni! :flower: I hope the check and console method makes a difference :hugs:

We went out for lunch, I had nachos and baileys cheesecake and it was gorgeous but I still feel full/verging on sick :haha: xxx

Amy - thank you! I think those pictures were taken when i was a bit heavier than I am now but not quite at my heaviest. I still think I look huge in them tho. Looking forward to having my wedding pictures next year when I will hopefully be at goal weight but that is about 4 stone away.

I just tried Amy on chicken and pasta but think the chicken was a little dry so will mix it with more sauce next time to make it easier for her! I need to get a recipe book so I can make her some delicious food!

Weigh in in an hour ... have had a sneeky weigh in at home hmmm not going to be a great week although sometimes ww scales read lower so I go by them as they are supposed to be more accurate.

Sarah (H&F)You really dont look big, you look lovely!

Alex was soooo tired he was fast asleep by 6.30 tonight. I had a call from the SureStart lady and we've got a space in baby loco so we can go next Monday. Cant remember what it was but I'm glad I asked to go on the reserve list :)

h&f - i like the annabel karmel 100 top baby purees. good luck at the weigh in! :thumbup:

hannah - we left owen for a couple of hours with my MIL 2 weeks ago when we went out for dinner for my birthday! dylan was 8 months before we left him and erin was 13 months as she was permanently attached to my boob :dohh:

amy - it is an ikea high chair. 12euros! bargain. we bought it for erin. no frills! so easy to clean too.

LC - i will offer about 4 oz of savoury and then 2-4oz of fruit or a yougurt.

fruru -hope you have success with your more heavy handed methods recommended to you!!!

went out for lunch and had a choc brownie after. really need to lose weight! :dohh: bought dylan a dsi xl and a game for it for his bday on 27th of this month. also bought owen a spinning top with animals and music etc (vtech) and some stocking fillers for the kids for xmas.

i am on fb! add me!!! anne saxby. the profile pic is some flowers for now

maybe I think I've sent you a request :) I'm Amy Warr.
I love how easy the high chair is to clean. we went for lunch today and Alex sat in the pubs high chair and it reminded me of how disgusting my high chair got when I had the girls. I think I'll stick with the Ikea (plus cushion for my skinny boy!) :thumbup:

My girls have DS's and they are addicted, Dylan will love his DSi xx

Evening - Amy your so lovely but I really do look awful! But on the plus side I lost 2.5lbs tonight taking me to a total of 22lbs so far. I plan to have a really good week this week to have a good loss next week as they are bringing in a new plan next week which could take a while to get used to.

Maybe I'm just about to send you a friend request!

Right as I'm in such a good mood i'm off to burn some calories with OH!

amy - accepted friend request

h&f - didnt get a friend request from you. did you send me one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->