Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

:hugs: Maybebaby for your crappy night. What time did your OH get up in the end - I would have set the kids on him :haha:

L-C - what a good night for Will :thumbup: I have never used a baby monitor for Joni at night as she is only in the next room and I hear her no problem if she wakes up and needs me. If I had a monitor I would never get any sleep and she tosses and turns and snuffles all night long!

Joni's first nap went ok. She grumbled and cried on and off for 25 mins and then slept for an hour :thumbup: SHe is currently in her cot for her second nap and is grumbling away. She is not crying, more shouting angrily :rolleyes: I hope that by trouble shooting naps and night sleep at the same time it will help move things along a bit quicker, plus my HV seemed to think it was better to tackle sleeping in general all in a oner. We shall see.

I hope you are all having a nice weekend so far. It is wet and dreary here, we just went for a wee walk to the shops to pick up some lunch stuff and have nothing but housework and general chores to do this afternoon :laundry::dishes::hangwashing:

Frufru your HV seems to talk sense, we did the same, I think it's fairer that way. Although he doesn't do it 100% of the time about 80% he goes done really well and that's only 2 weeks in xx

frufru - it is 6.20pm and he's still in bed. he got up for about an hour to have a tea and toast and went off to bed after :dohh:

frufru - it is 6.20pm and he's still in bed. he got up for about an hour to have a tea and toast and went off to bed after :dohh:

:saywhat: I think that you should be nominated for sainthood!!!!!! Looking after 3 young kiddies on practically no sleep and running the household pretty much singlehandedly and he still has his manhood intact!? You must be an angel O:) :winkwink:

L-C I think for Will to be sleeping well 80% of the time after 2 weeks is amazing :mrgreen: I would be more than happy if Joni manages to do as well as Will :thumbup:

Well the rest of my family are in bed :sleep: Hubby got up at 5.15 with Joni to do the check and console while I rested in bed as I did the graveyard shift last night. So bless him he is really shattered now and I sent him off to bed about 4pm for a nap and Joni followed shortly after though she has just woken up so I better scoot :hugs:

maybe you really are amazing, my DH would have been strung up by now!!

Frufru that's a good nap for Joni? Will has only had two 40 min naps today, I'm expecting fireworks (and no doubt actual ones.....again) at bedtime x

I have been a complete pig today... can even bring myself to type actually how bad and the day isn't even done. I have a glass of wine and pizza awaiting me.

Sleepy dust to all of us xxx

frufru - glad last night was less painful than you thought it would be, hope tonight goes well :hugs:

maybe - sorry you had another rubbish night last night and that your DH has been a lazy @rse all day :grr:

LC - I've also had another shameful food day :blush: I've got a whole big bag of sour cream and chive pretsels on my lap and a pot of ben and jerrys half baked in the freezer for after! I cant stop!!!!!!! :pizza::munch::munch::help:

Well we took the girls to their cross country races this morning and they both did great :happydance: then we went to their Grandma's daughters 7th birthday (long story - their Grandma had Poppy at 53!) and then I came home with Alex and they went on to their Grandma's with Kerry for a BBQ and fireworks and I am now sat here eating my face off :haha:

Please excuse me, I need to have a MIL rant, I wont bore with details just just go RAAAAGGGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:sad2::brat:
:bike::bike::bike: :gun: :grr::grr::finger::trouble: phew... feel better!

Evening!

Amy - :hugs: MiLs are all a nightmare, just in different ways, i have sympathy! Also, ben and jerrys half baked! I'm coming round yours!! :D

Maybe - You have so much patience! I'd have strangled my OH by now if he was like yours. :hugs: I hope your night tonight is better than last night!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

L-C and FruFru - Well done on the sleep training, it sounds like its making a real difference! :) We are on day 7 now, and its slow going as i've had to take a no-tears approach. I would cave in instantly if i had to let him cry, so there is no way i could get that to work. We are down to him falling asleep within 10 minutes as long as i'm by the cot. I don't have to hold his hand anymore :thumbup: Tomorrow night i'll try moving a bit further away. Last night was a pain, he woke up at 2.30am and wouldn't go back to sleep until 4am, i'm tired today!:sleep: Other than that though he's been sleeping about 10-11 hours straight the rest of the nights, so its a real improvement from before!! :thumbup:
We haven't tackled naps in the cot at all, yet, mostly as i know its going to be a major battle, so he's still either feeding to sleep for those or taking them in his buggy. He falls asleep really well in the buggy and will sleep for at least an hour and a half in there, but if we are at home, he will only sleep either on me or with me on my bed. I've never really put him in his cot to nap though, so its my own fault. I think once i've fully completed the bedtime part it will make it alot easier for him. The only part of naps i have tackled is that he's now taking them at set times, and if he doesn't sleep long enough in the time allowed, then i keep him awake until the next one. He's napping on cue, and for longer each day :thumbup:

Thought i'd post some pictures of Roh!

One of him eating his "brocamole" on toast (i named it that, its actually broccoli, avocado and cream cheese :winkwink:), one of him enjoying his bath, and another where you can kind of see his teeth, although only the tips of them... :haha: err... i'll keep trying on that one :blush:

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/emera3537/Rohan/Phonepictures110910109.jpghttps://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/emera3537/Rohan/DSCN0825.jpghttps://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/emera3537/Rohan/Phonepictures110910118.jpg

Evening!

Amy - :hugs: MiLs are all a nightmare, just in different ways, i have sympathy! Also, ben and jerrys half baked! I'm coming round yours!! :D

Too late, I eated it all up :blush::haha::blush::haha::blush:

Lovely lovely pics, they made me really smile! His face has really filled out, he's soooooo cute with lovely squishy little cheeks xx

Oh no too slow! :cry:

Ah well, just cooked myself a yummy healthy japanese meal, which i'm tucking into now, well, in a minute as its too hot right this second! Glass noodles with braised pak choi, broccoli, leeks and spinach with a spicy tofu and bean steak in a miso soup! Munch munch munch! :D

Enjoy the wine and pizza L-C :pizza: :wine:

Amy - you lucky lady having Ben and Jerry all to yourself mmmmmmmmm :munch: :cloud9: Well done to the girls on their racing accomplishments :thumbup: I am glad you feel better after your rant :hugs:

Emera - Gosh Roh is a real cutie :mrgreen: and well done on the teeth shot I know it was hard earned :lol: It sounds like Roh is responding well to the sleep training too :thumbup: I am really impressed that Roh can sleep in his buggy for so long :shock: Joni will only ever nap for 30mins max in hers. Your dinner sounds absolutely lush :p

So today went pretty well on the sleep front. Joni took 3 naps and for each one the time she took to settle reduced :thumbup: Granted the midday/afternoon nap was much shorter than she usually has but she managed to fall asleep for all her naps in under 30minutes so I consider it a victory. Then at bedtime tonight the unthinkable happened. We followed the usual bedtime routine and after her feed I gave a cuddle, put her down and she just rolled onto her side held her snuggly to her face and went straight to sleep and we have not heard a peep out of her since :shock: I am sure it must be a fluke :shrug:

Righto, I am going to attempt to go to bed now, I will probably be up shortly but I am just going to tempt fate by turning in anyway :-$

See you all tomorrow :hugs:

emera - that sounds divine!! I could make room in my tum for that even after my indulgant tub of B&Js!!

frufru - I want to congratulate Joni but I'll whisper so she doesnt hear and wake up - Go Joni, what a good girl - keep it up and let Mummy get a nice sleep. Then have a word with Owen :winkwink:

it's 2.30am and i'm awake with owen on the boob :hissy: hope the rest of you are asleep!!!

another awful night. i dont even get a 1hr chunk of sleep any more :hissy: feeling very sorry for myself this morning :cry: this is worse than when he was a newborn!!! i wish OH would take the kids out for a couple of hours or even entertain them here so i could sleep but i know the thought wont cross his mind and he is fast asleep. he has no idea!

frufru - I want to congratulate Joni but I'll whisper so she doesnt hear and wake up - Go Joni, what a good girl - keep it up and let Mummy get a nice sleep. Then have a word with Owen :winkwink:

:rofl:

Well we had the perfect night from Joni :happydance: She slept from 6.50 to 1.15 with only a couple of whimpers inbetween where she settled herself without 30 secs. She had a bum change and feed when she woke and I lay her back down at 1.50 wide awake fully expecting Joni to protest. However, she lay in her cot cooing until about 2.20-2.25 and then we did not hear anything from her until 6.26 this morning :shock:

I just put her down in her cot for her morning nap and she had a bit of a cry but stopped before the 4 minutes was up :thumbup:

I am not going to get my hopes up that this is it and Joni has got this nailed aftera day and bit. However it would not be the first time Joni time has suprised us with her learning abilities.

Maybebaby - :hugs: I am so sorry your night was so poor :sad1: I know what it is to sleep in 30-40min bursts and it is just horrid. I wish I lived closer so I could watch the kids for you :hugs: If your hubby will not think to take the kids out for a while so you can have some sleep could you suggest this to him? And by suggest I mean demand :winkwink: If he will not take the kids out for you, do you have friend who would let you pop round and have a kip at theirs and you can leave the kids with hubby at home?

It is my Mum's birthday today :cake: she is going to pop over later so I am going to bake some low fat banana muffins for her :p Hubby and I had a chinese last night which was absolutely yummy :) I was a good girl and rather than ordered a separate dish each we shared and I was still just as full and satisfied :thumbup:

Time for a shower, porridge and tea while the wee one is asleep.

Have a lovely day everyone :flow:

maybe - I'm so sorry I'm too far away to help too :hugs::hugs: what happens when you try to talk to DH about how things are and how you need support? I know you dont want to do CIO with Owen and I know you really need DH support for it to be successful but maybe you could try it just to crack this before you collapse? could someone have Dylan and Erin for a night so you could really give it a go? I know the first night is the worst :hugs::hugs:

frufru - Thats fantastic you had such a good night, you must feel so revitalised :hugs::hugs:

Its drab and raining here :( I've just given the troops breakfast, Alex had blueberries and petit filous xx

:happydance: Well done Joni :happydance:

Frufru I'm sure she has cracked it although, the third night we found a little bit of a challenge but nothing compared to how he was before! Will fell asleep in seconds last night and having hardly finished his feed. I was convinced he'd wake up hungry, but he made it until 2:30 and then 7:10 :happydance:

Amy B&J, I'm so sad I've never tried it!

My homemade pizza was lush, had a little bit more wine than I probably should have :blush:

Maybe like the others, I would gladly watch your little ones so you can :sleep:, maybe you could talk to your OH about giving CC a go? :hugs:

Will dropped his 11 am feed yesterday, we were out and he wasn't bothered at all, then we got home at lunch time and so I gave him lunch. It didn't seem to affect the rest of the day.. do you think it's too soon, to be going from 4 daytime feeds down to 3 or should I just go with him??

Hope you all have a fab day, my OH is woking so we are both in comfy clothes (just hope we don't have to answer the door!!) and ready to stay in and play xx

LC - I would just go with him ... Amy dropped her 11 AM feed but occasionally picks it back up again depending on what we are up to. I'm just concerned she wont be getting enough milk - she only drinks about 6oz at each feed now!

I am having a nightmare day, OH's son is over and tensions are high he has started calling his mums partner dad so everything is ... but my other dad says. In my house i want to be called mum and not have Amy confused so I dont know what to do. This situation is just causing constant upset and arguments between me and dave and his son is so horrible and will be a bad influence.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Thanks H&F, I think from what I'm expressing Will is taking about the same 4-6 oz, think they only need a pint from now onwards so that should still be fine.

I's sorry I'm really not sure that to suggest with your OH's son xx

LC - owen drops bf if we are out.

h&f - dont know what to suggest :hugs: and hope dave's son behaves!

frufru - i am so happy for you!

amy - cute avatar of alex

have been sorting through clothes and trying to tidy my bedroom which resembles a bazzar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->