Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Oh and well done to Amelia! Sounds like she's developing really well Hannah! :flower:

Sarahwoo I am going to Take That on Tue 7th June. I will be more than likely back at work then and it is less than a mile from Sportscity so will be able to walk!

Emera what gorgeous pics of Roh

Frufru Joni is doing so well. Well done on the sleep training!! You are almost convincing me to try CC!

Maybe - goodness not even an hour sleep at once is so rough. You poor thing

Amy - I like Emily's cleaning style it sounds very similar to mine!!

Hannah - welcome! Che still has no sign of teeth!

Thank you all for your support and reassurance about not switching to formula. I know it's not the answer and hoping DH realises this. He has not mentioned it recently so I am not going to bring it up.

Started a couple of days ago with BLW as Che is now sitting really well and kept trying to grab my food. He has tried broccoli, carrot and mashed potato. He was really intrigued! Also have the Ikea highchair and it is fantastic considering the price.

Sleep still not great. Had a couple a ok nights but generally up bout 4x.

Starting a baby sign class on Thurs.

Also a friend managed to get Foo Fighters tickets for next July.

L-C nightmare about your boiler. Especially at this time of year.

Hey all ...

Just a quick update from me today, have been out and about all day amd amy has been so well behaved but is starting to get clingy, she is also still up and should be fast asleep in bed!

I have another busy day tomorrow ... baby yoga then a swim for children in need and weight watchers in the evening I feel tired just thinking about it.

How is everyone getting on today?

emera - still no sign of a tooth from Alex :dohh: I just cant believe the amount of drool he is producing lately! I'm glad Roh enjoyed his breakfast, I always give Alex man sized portions because I know at least half ends up on the floor :haha: We had cr@p weather here too :rain:

frufru - I'm so pleased that CC has worked so well for you and Joni :hugs::hugs: you must be feeling so much better than you were a couple of weeks ago :hugs:

Hannah - well done Amelia :thumbup: 12 hours is brilliant! and the rolling :thumbup: banana was the first thing I gave Alex - it makes their poop look like its got little black worms in it :haha:

CG - oooh lucky you for the TT tickets, foo fighters and the baby sign class! I really want to do baby signing, I've heard other mums who have been and it sounds great :hugs:

maybe - :hugs2: ditto what emera said, offloading is what we are here for!:friends: sorry you've had a rubbish time with your tooth, toothache is the worst pain. And do persevere with the night routine, it will make a difference in time. Children seem to know when you are having a bad day dont they, mine always play up on days like that

H&F - phew,:dohh: you have got a busy day tomorrow! x

well I had lunch with my sister which was nice. then I had parents evening for the girls and got glowing reports for both of them which was lovely! I just wish they could be like that at home too :haha:

Hi everyone!!

I'm just watching 'Oceans 13' - my fave film :haha:

H&F It sounds like you have a busy day tomorrow!! Oliver has clingly days sometimes too :dohh:

CG Thats great that the BLW is going well! Hows things with your OH?

Maybe :hugs: I hope your tooth feels better soon. Wow, not even an hours sleep?? I think I would be doing some serious sleep training . . . you can't keep going like this hun! Will your OH not help at all, even if it was just for a few days? It can't be good for Owen as well as for you, you poor thing. Is there any way you could try CC or something? :hugs::hugs:

FruFru I'm glad Joni is still doing well!

Its been absolutely rubbish weather again here today!! I did go into town though as I had to go to the post office, I took the iCandy . . . its such a dream to push! Its gorgeous . . . I'm in love :haha:

I'm doing a peadiatric first aid course tomorrow, I'm quite looking forward to it, and I'm really looking forward to having the knowledge to deal with some situations that I just wouldn't have a clue with now.

Amy.................................................................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sarah- not too bad at the mo. He seems to be using his initiative a bit more whichnis what was winding me up so much and he seems to really enjoy giving him a bath now he has the hang of it!

thanks :hugs: I'm glad you had a lovely time with your new pram :thumbup:

Sarah- not too bad at the mo. He seems to be using his initiative a bit more whichnis what was winding me up so much and he seems to really enjoy giving him a bath now he has the hang of it!

Thats really good :)

I think I have much, much less patience with Steve now. I do miss how close we used to be. I don't know if its me, or him, or both . . . . I still love him like mad obvously but man sometimes he bugs the hell out of me!!! I was trying to remember if its always been like that . . . . I honestly can't remember :dohh:

we're a bit like that, I do love Kerry despite our ups and downs and we both love having Alex but we are getting more and more distant and I dont know how to change it. He's rubbish at "talking", so I end up texting him and we never get anywhere. It makes me sad too ...... :sad1:

shesh, Alex seems to be getting worse and worse at night :dohh: I've had 3 trips upstairs already and I can hear he's not settling.

we're a bit like that, I do love Kerry despite our ups and downs and we both love having Alex but we are getting more and more distant and I dont know how to change it. He's rubbish at "talking", so I end up texting him and we never get anywhere. It makes me sad too ...... :sad1:

shesh, Alex seems to be getting worse and worse at night :dohh: I've had 3 trips upstairs already and I can hear he's not settling.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Amy - I'm so chuffed with her at the moment :) Although when she's rolling now she won't stop doing it :rofl: I think she's going to be crawling by 6 months :) but I might be wrong :haha:

Hannah - :hugs: it makes you feel so proud doesnt it! My sisters baby is 7 weeks old and I cant believe how much Alex has changed since then. I love that you can see their personalities developing more and more :cloud9:

Emera - I am so glad that Roh is sleeping much better for you now. I so know what you mean about the cheerfulness. Joni is really fretful and grouchy if she is not getting enough sleep.

Hannah - yay for Amelia :happydance: When Joni learnt to roll she was unstoppable, you only had to let one part of her body touch a flat surface and she would start trying to roll straight away! Sadly she took a really long time to learn to roll back the other way and we had a month of her rolling on her front repeatedly then crying as she wanted to be on her back again :dohh: Little monkey used to do that 3-4 times a night too :rolleyes:

Amy - I hear you with the excessive drool production! Joni can soak a bib in less than 30mins at the moment and she has one really red cheek. ALthough JOni is sleeping much better now I am still waking loads in the night :dohh: I think it is a case of being so overtired and sleep deprived for so long means that I am no good at falling and staying asleep now, just like my baby was :haha: However, hubby has been getting up with Joni all week other than today which has allowed me to have an extra hour and a half in the mornings, which combined with the better nights is slowly getting me back on track :thumbup:
Great news about the girls reports :thumbup:

Sarah - I am so pleased that the icandy has lived up to your expectations :mrgreen: I hope you enjoyed your movie.

Maybebaby - :sad1: I am sorry you had such a rotten day yesterday :hugs: The bedtime routine took a few weeks to have much effect for us. I really don't know what to suggest about Owens sleep and wakings other than to do some form of sleep training. I hope the toothache and headache are a bit better today :hugs:

CG - I am glad that the BF is still going great and that Che is enjoying BLW :thumbup: Sorry to hear you nights are still not great. I just could not cope on 3 hours broken sleep and Joni's sleep was just getting worse and worse. CC was a desperate, last resort option for us but has worked a treat and was not half as bad as I imagined it would be. Saying that though I think Joni was really ready to learn to sleep independently which is possibly why it seemed to work so quickly? Take That and Foo's :mrgreen: I have been to see Midlake and Imogen Heap this week and both concerts were superb :thumbup:
I have to say it took my hubby a couple of weeks to gain confidence with bathing Joni, now it is great as I just leave them to it and slink off to the kitchen for a sneaky cuppa while I get the bedtime bottle ready :winkwink:

H&F - good luck for WI today, hopefully the yoga and swimming will wear the kids out for bedtime today :winkwink:

I hear what you say about our relationships changing. I know for us we tend to focus all our efforts and energy on Joni and then when she is asleep and we can spend time together we both need a little bit of alone time first and by then we are both a bit tired and ratty :dohh: However, it is something we have both noticed and are making a concerted effort to work on together.

We had a bit of a DIY afternoon yesterday. Joni's room is still not finished so I tasked hubby to put up the new blackout blind, a shelf and drill holes for a toy hammock. Well he did the holes for the blind and shelf. But then he went to put the blind up and the holes were too small so he had to re-drill them. By the time the blind was up Joni was already napping in my arms! When Joni woke from her nap I realised the blind would not roll up, the wrong side of the blind is facing into the room and the holes for the shelf to go up are also too small :dohh: So today we still have to fix the blind, put up the shelf and the toy hammock :rolleyes: Plus there is still a long list of other DIY jobs around the house to be done. I feel bad asking hubby to do them when this is his holiday from work, however if he does not do them now they won't get done! It is not as if I can be drilling and sawing while looking after Joni or while she naps :shrug:

Baby yoga was fun yesterday but Joni was quite tired by the time the class started and was suffering a little with the teethy grumps. Bless her she fell asleep in her car seat on the way home and did not wake when I got her out and put her down in her cot inside which has never happened before. It is our baby singing class today but I am just ummming and aahhhing whether to go as the weather is pants again and there is the DIY to think of.........

As Joni's sleep is much improved I am looking to go to a yoga class for me this evening :mrgreen: However, if this is to happen I MUST SHAVE MY LEGS!!!!! :haha: Also my instructor is running a weekend retreat the weekend after next and I am sooooooo tempted to go. I have broached the subject with hubby and he seems to be ok with the idea of having Joni on his own overnight. I would not be able to stay the whole of sunday though as we have an early thanksgiving dinner on the Sunday afternoon with a group of our friends. BTW I am not american but one of my friends is and this is her first year over here and she is very homesick so we are making a big deal of thanksgiving (sweetpotato topped with melted marshmallows mmmmmm)

Okey dokey, time to get on and do some bits and bobs. Have a lovely day everyone xx

frufru - i need to shave my legs too. i look like a gorilla! :rofl:

hannah - well done amelia. do you have facebook? i finally got on there after over a year of having my account deactivated!

emera - thanks for the words of encouragement :hugs:

CG - sorry your nights are pretty rubbish too :hugs: do you have facebook? i finally got on there after over a year of having my account deactivated!

sarah - i am too soft for CC but i feel i may have to resort to it. think is i dont want to disturb the others. it's v difficuly for OH to help as he is at work now :nope: all this week he has defense training. he basically had to stand there whilst they kicked and punched him without retalliating so that apparently they would know what it feels like when someone hits you :saywhat: :wacko:

right my mum has just taken owen for a couple of hours so i can catch up on some :sleep: whilst dylan and erin are in school/nursery so i'm going to have a lie down. the nights seem to get worse and worse. last night my MIL came round and she ended up rocking owen to sleep. she did ask if she could pick him up though after a bf him so i guess it's my fault that he fell asleep on her in the living room instead of the bedroom :dohh: did do the rest of the routine. will try again tomorrow. catch you all later. off to lie down with nobody to wake me. just hope the builders outside are quiet :dohh: :rofl:

Good morning! :kiss:
My phone hasn't been working properly so haven't been able to get on. I haven't time right now to read back but I hope you're all well! xx
We're so busy just now! I don't know why either, just always seem to be rushing.
Daisy is fab, sooo close to crawlin as you've all seen on facebook. She can't move yet, just rocks back and forwards, but she's still scarily good at belly shuffling, making her my (slow) little shadow!

Frufru - She hasn't done today as of yet :haha: I was worried about her doing it in her sleep though but she was on her back this morning thank god :)

Maybe - Yes I do, search for Hannah Pickering, any of you girls can add me just make sure you put BnB :)

Going to get Amelia weighed today, how much did your babas weigh at 18 weeks? if you can remember :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->