Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Evening all!

Maybe - I understand that you are used to your OH been a BLEEP but you deserve so much better. You do so much for him, and he does nothing for you . . . . please don't let him drag you down. It makes me so mad that he treats you like he does, you are amazing but you shouldn't have to put up with that. He should be supporting you, but its like he just makes everything harder for you. I hate to think that he makes you feel bad when you do so, so much. :hugs:

Amy those potato wedges sound pretty good to me too :rofl:

Hannah do you have black out blinds? Oliver used to get up quite early, until we got black out blinds - he's been known to sleep until 10am now - usually on days when we should be at baby club for half nine :rofl:

FruFru you're making me feel tired with your talk of yoga . . . . thats not good is it :haha: Steve is pretty good at DIY but it takes some nagging to get stuff done - for example he sanded down the inside of our front door in June ready to paint it, but hasn't painted it yet :dohh: His trade mark is that he never completely finishes a job - every room has a little job still waiting to be done!! I find that if I really want something doing and I've nagged and not got anywhere, I either say I'm going to go do it myself (if its something I could just about do) or I tell him I'm going to ask my Dad to come and do it. Threatening to do it myself has a 100% success rate - I've never got further than switching on the drill or whatever before he's taken it off me :rofl:. Threatening to ask my Dad is about 95% - he's let him do a few bits to my car, but in the house its 100%. I think it triggers the male ego thing :rofl:

H&F Steve never washes up either - if he does he does half of it and gets distracted :dohh: He doesn't really do housework though - we've lived together for almost six years and he has never, ever cleaned the bathroom :haha: Tonight he cleared one of the kitchen cupboards that had a whole load of wine making things in it (he used to make wine but doesn't now) so that I could put Oliver's things in there. I was really impressed that he did that, until I went in the kitchen and found the wine making stuff ALL over :rofl: I think I'm used to him now, he's pretty good other than been a messy bugger :rofl:

Well we went to baby club this morning - for once we were up in time and I even got a shower and dried my hair and got the GHD's to it before we went! Had a lovely time. As we left me and one of my mummy friends were walking to the cars, its about a 4 minute walk. As we left the building we commented on how it looked like rain - then it started to drizzle, and before we knew it it was absolutely throwing it down - I've honestly never been out in rain like that! The babies were crying, we were completely drenched. Luckily its only a five min drive home but the roads were shocking - there was a good foot of water at one point. When we got home I just had to srtip off and put my dressing gown on - I had had on a big coat, a jumper and a t-shirt and I was literally soaked to the skin! My hair was like I'd just stepped out of the shower, I took all Oliver's clothes off and wrapped him in towels and dried him off, which he thought was really funny. Bloomin typical that that happens on the first day in about a month that I've done my hair :rofl: Its really horrible and windy outside now, I'm worried about the chickens but Steve says I can't bring them inside :rofl:

Right, well I'm off to bed, sweet dreams to you all . . . sleep well to all your babies!!!

Oh, and I have my ad space, woo hoo :haha:

I'd be ecstatic if Daisy would sleep through til 7! She much prefers waking 6-10 times a night :nope:
Maybe, I don't know how you put up with him. I would have seriously flipped by now. You're a patient woman and must love him very much!
I met Vinny's ex and other children today. It was okay. I made his sister come as his ex is, by all accounts, a mega bitch and Anne Marie is pretty scary so I knew M wouldn't be nasty to me in front of her. Anyway, it went well and his daughter loved Daisy.
My sister is finally in real labour :wohoo:

Katie YAY for your sister!!!!! It must be so awful been in slow labour for days, I hope things go fast and smoothly for her now.

Is this the first time you've met Vinny's ex and other children? The first time I met Steve's son he was about 5 years old and very cute - Steve was living in the apartment oposite mine and we all went to the supermarket together. He told Steve that he should buy be flowers and give me a kiss :rofl: He must have know something we didn't because at the time I was living with Steve's best friend - oops! :rofl: The first time I met Steve's ex wife she put my car window through and I had to call the police :dohh:

Gaah, my boiler has packed up, and i'm sooo cold! :(

Really want to pick Roh up and bring him in to bed with me to keep me warm. I put a blanket on him over his sleeping bag, as its gone down to 13 degrees in our room now! Brrrr!

Ah well i'll try and sleep whilst shivering! :sleep:

what is it with men sitting on their arses and then complaining about stuff :shrug: if you are that bothered get off your arse and do something to help!!! OH appologised porfusely this morning and said that he doesnt know how i do it and that he was really sorry for saying what he did.

the bedtime routine is not really a routine yet but i am trying. i am making sure that i feed owen dinner before bath and then bath, massage, bf but whether bf happens in living room in front of tv or in bedroom is hit and miss. last night was awful at 1st but then he did sleep for a couple of hours straight which is an improvement.

well off to get ready to go to playground and town. :hugs:

sarah - :yipee: for your adspace

katie - hope your sis had the baby! i'm glad vinny's daughter got on with daisy! :thumbup:

emera - hope you get your boiler fixed.

oh anyone who has fb and hasnt added me already please add me (if you want :blush: ) Anne Saxby and my profile pic is the same as my avatar.

Still no baby! She's 3cm :dohh: slow slow slow.
Yeah Sarah it was the first time I met them! That's so cute about Steve's son :cloud9: V's son is 6 and his daughter is 10 so they're only little and so very easy to get on with!

Aww Katie - reallly hope baby arrives soon... i cant imagine being in labour for that long. Amy arrived in a bit of a rush. Fingers crossed that she has an esay labour.

katie - i sooooooooooooooooooo can sympathise with your sis. i went into labour with dylan on a friday lunch time and he wasnt born til 2.58am sunday :dohh: hope her labour progresses quickly. also :hugs: for the constant night waking. it's a killer isnt it? does daisy want feeding at night?

we've just come back from painting at chiltern court. £2 for them to get messy and make a mess out of the home:thumbup: we went with a friend of mine and her daughter who's erin's age and son who's 3 months. they are on holiday from leeds. she is orignally from gib but married an englishman. should get on with some housework. have eaten 3 mini twix and a packet of wotsits :blush:

Hey all.

I have had a relaxing day as I put my back out earlier so OH has actually helped me alot with Amy! But he is now talking about us going out for an early dinner to the harvester so I have been working out points values for foods. Fortunately I had a light lunch just some crackers and cheese so have plenty left for a yummy dinner tonight .... I might even have a pudding!

Maybe - i'm loving erins dance moves on facebook she is adorable!

Right I best be off to attempt to get changed ready to go out!

Evening guys,

I think Amelia's properly teething now, it took me an hour to settle her last night whereas she normally settles almost straight away :( She didn't wake up at 7 this morning which was good think it was 8:15 :) We tried her on some porridge around lunch-time and think she liked it although she did get half of it around her mouth :haha:

Another thing I'm almost Chat Happy :D

Also had my 2nd driving lesson today and loved it :)

How's everyone and what are you all up to?

Aww Hannah - Amy has been teething for ages (still no teeth! ) Weaning is messy to start with, although i'm not sure why i just said to start with as my OH is currently feeding Amy scrambled egg and it is everywhere!

Still having got changed - not sure if I can actually be bothered to go out I always panic Amy will cry her way thru the evening!

h&f - go out and enjoy!

hannah - owen's been showing teething signs since 3 months old and still no teeth. he'll be the latest teether of my 3. dylan had teeth at 5 months, erin at 4 and she had her 2nd set of molars through at 15 months!

OH is cooking :saywhat: yes you read right! he is cooking!!!!!!!!!! :yipee::cloud9:

Maybe - I think Amelia started about the same time too maybe a bit earlier I can't remember. It's been really bad today, I hope she gets a tooth soon I hate seeing her in pain :(

Amy - I am glad you got power back :thumbup: eventually :rolleyes: I am doing a baby yoga class for Joni too - we have only been to one class but she seems to like it. It is much the same as the silly playing we do at home :haha: I am glad you had a lovely time with your friend yesterday :)

H&F - Mmmm nom nom stir fry mmmmmm harvester *wipes drool off of face* :haha: I have been thinking that now I am more-or-less back to my usual weight that I will start meal planning for Hubby and I to try and save some cash and also because we are awful for not planning meals and then ending up eating junk food or takeaway :dohh:
I hope your back feels better soon :hugs:

Sarah - how funny that your hubby often leaves things half done, I affectionately refer to hubby as "half a job Jamieson" :rollingeyes: Bless you getting caught in the rain :rain: that has happened to Joni and I before and I literally came in, shut the door and stripped down to my undies in the kitchen :haha: to avoid traipsing water all through the house.
:rofl: about Steve's son's uncanny sixth sense :haha:

Emera - boo for the boiler :growlmad: Did you manage to get it fixed today?

Maybebaby - I am glad that your OH had the courtesy to apologise to you, hopefully he will try to be more helpful and involved from now on. We took a couple of weeks tweaking Joni's bedtime routine before we found what worked best for us. I am glad Owen gave you a few hours in a oner last night, that is certainly an improvement :thumbup: I will cross all my finger and toes hoping that it continues [-o< I am glad you had a lovely afternoon, the painting activity sounds like an absolute bargain for 2 quid!

Katie - :happydance: that your sister's labour is finally getting going. I hope that things go speedily and smoothly for her and baby from here on in. Bless you for taking back up to meet Vinny's ex, I would have probably done the same. It is great that you got on with the kids so well and that his daughter took to Daisy so well :mrgreen:

Hannah - :thumbup: for the driving lesson. Teething did really unsettle Joni at first, I have found her amber necklace and aston parsons teething powders have really helped ease the symptoms for her. Hoping that she gives you a good night.

Cor I have been sooooo busy today, I feel like I have not stopped! Joni had an AMAZING night last night :thumbup: she went 7-3.15, had a feed then did not wake up until 7.15 :happydance: For the first time since she was born it was my alarm that woke me up :shock: After a play with Joni and her feed this morning I did 2 loads of washing, 2 loads of washing up, made bottles, sterilised the next set of bottles and cooked a spag bol. Then I went out to help my BIL relocate my nieces guinea pigs to their new house. When I got home we ate the spag bol and then popped into the city for hubby to pop into a couple of shops and the library with Joni while I went the docs for my implant. THen it was home and bedtime and now it is now PHEW! tired now :winkwink: I did not cross anything off the list today but it has been a productive day nevertheless :thumbup:

Hubby has said he is happy for me to go away on yoga retreat next weekend :wohoo: I am so excited :happydance:

Going to make some pizza flavoured popcorn now, snuggle up with hubby on the sofa and watch some tv together. Have a lovely evening all :hugs:

Wow Maybe, enjoy! Hope you OH is a good cook, although saying that i guess its just nice for you to have someone do something for you for once :hugs: My OH is a chef too, but if he cooks its still just a fried egg sandwich or something :haha:

We are still freezing here :( Brrrr! The plumber is coming round tomorrow morning to have a look at it, love him for coming out on a Saturday! :flower:

:hugs:

Hey all - well we went out for a quick meal but I really wasnt feeling right so we came home early. OH asked when my next period is due and I said I didnt know as they are all over the place so I did a test and it came back positive.

sorry for not responding to everyone properly - I am in complete shock and now me and OH are arguing. Also if anyone has me on facebook please dont say anything on there!

Frufru - That's great that she slept that long :) You must exhausted on your feet all day! Only things I've been doing today is having my driving lesson and looking after Amelia and I'm shattered :haha

Emera - Wow you've got a nice plumber there :thumbup: Our boiler wasn't working and the landlord came around to take a look, turned out it was something to do with the reset switch :dohh:

Hope - How exciting! Hope you and your OH can work it out :)

Sarah, congratulations. I'm sure it's a big shock too but how exciting! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->