Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

hannah - i'd give anything for 9-6!!!

sarah - i'm still bf but like emera dont give vitamin drops as owen eats well.

emera - :grr: about the boiler :thumbup: for the spa day.

amy - my OH was in a foul mood when i got up as kids were being really rowdy but is in a better mood now. he was horrid yesterday and refused to do anything as he couldnt find his glasses!!! like thats my fault!!!

owen woke 4 times between 8-11pm and then at 2 4 5 6 7!!!

Maybe - Fingers crossed your OH keeps his good mood and doesn't lose anything today! :hugs::hugs::hugs: for another bad night xx

Hi

Sorry I’ve not been on, I have been reading your posts!!

H&F – I’m so sorry to hear about your MC really hope Dave is giving you lots of tlc now!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sarah – well done to Oliver on the BLW, he sounds like he really has the hang of it. :thumbup: I had never even considered vitamin drops, not sure whether we should or not really. Like emera says I think I might over the winter, as I think if you have more than your body needs, it just expels what it doesn’t. If that makes sense.

Emera – baby pizza sounds lush. I went out for a meal with my DH and Mum the other day and Will sat in the high chair in the restaurant and ate some of my pizza it was so cute. I can really empathise on the boiler front ours also need replacing and it’s being done on Tuesday and Wednesday. We have borrowed heaters and have been boiling the kettle non stop! I have had to go in to work each day for a shower - although I have had volunteers to babysit.

I think most babies have a falling out of bed incident at some point. My MIL was holding Will up this week and wacked his head on the pointy bit of the light. He didn’t breath and then cried, it was awful. :growlmad::dohh:

I’m so jealous of your spa Birthday present – hope you have a really relaxing day. :flower:

Auntie Katie – congrats on the safe arrival of your niece. :baby::happydance:

Frufru – glad your night times are still going well. :thumbup: Ours are to, we had a whole week of only one feed a night, but he’s fed twice the last two, I still don’t mind he goes down fantastically and I hear him wake at other times and he soothes himself back off. :happydance:

We just need to master day time naps now which are a different story entirely. :cry: I think now he’s sleeping better at night he needs less in the day. I put him down in the same way and he plays, I can hear banging now - god knows what he is doing in there! Then he kicks off, rolls over and I give in. Think I might try set sleep times. I have swapped his breakfast and milk feed around this morning, he ate loads of breakie, I was hoping that the milk feed before hi first nap would then be like bedtime and calming……. Ever think you have no idea what you are doing?? Oooooh the banging has stopped, I was wrong it has started again…….

Amy - Will has a friend 5 weeks older who is 27 lbs and in 12-18 m clothing – hee hee a really cutie but enormous. :haha:

Hannah – I think Amelia is doing very well, fingers crossed she sticks to 10 – 6 during the regression, we were all up every two hours hee hee

Oh maybe I really hope Owen’s sleep settles down soon, you must be exhausted. Also glad to hear you OH has stopped being and arse, hope it stays that way. :hugs: Loving your pics of FB.

Will was 6 months yesterday….I almost can’t believe it. I took some photo’s of him in a new outfit sat on a chair and he looked so grown up. :cloud9: They are on FB.

We are going swimming today, I really need to sort myself out - I have a muffin top!!!! Daddy is going to hold Will and while I swim and then we'll take him in. Emera it's our sneaky way of getting a shower :haha:

Think he has finally gone off, all by himself - did take half an hour and sounded like he had collapsed and rebuilt the cot!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend xxx

Well Amelia slept 9:15 until 6:45 this morning so I'm happy :) Not doing much today as the weather's horrible :growlmad: OH is still being unreasonable - he won't get out of bed even though he's had more sleep than I've had :growlmad: I just want to have a shower and do my hair is that too much to ask :cry:

hannah - :grr: to your OH!

emera - dylan rolled off the bed onto the marble tiles when he was 8 months. MIL and i were in the kitchen at the time and heard a thump. not nice. to this day he can still roll out sometimes :haha: he has a guard rail on his bed.

LC - happy 6 months will :)

we're off to cinema in a bit to see the guardians film with my friend and her two. MIL in law keeping owen and OH staying here.

Hey all -

I will catch up properly later. Just wanted to let you all know I am ok. Havent seen OH in a couple of days - he needed space to clear his head or something.

Hope everyone is ok. x

:hugs: to you Sarah, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. We are all here for you x

H&F I hope he comes back soon and gives you some support xxxxxx

:hugs: H&F :hugs:

LC - happy 6 months Will!

we're having a crazy day - OH bought a weeing pooping puppy :shock:

Alex has his first tooth! :shock: and I dont want to be insensitive to H&F but I'm scared and hope I'm OK to share this with you guys.....

my period is 9 days late....getting period pains so hope thats AF. too scared to tell DH. we only DTD once and that was with a condom so what are the chances??? must be the domperidone? ....

Amy . . . . . a PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And do a test :hugs:

And YAY for the tooth!! Oliver has been teething really badly again today, but still no sign of a tooth.

Oh my goodness a puppy, what sort? Lets see a photo x

test...test....test....

Amy do a test ... and i am fine. I am really ok with it this time ... if I hadnt of tested and just started bleeding yeterday I wouldve just thought my period was late so although I am upset its ok and there is plenty of opportunity to have more.

I do have a scan booked for tomorrow tho to check.

Ahh Amy still teething but no teeth ... actually I havent checked today so I will go and have a feel. And a puppy, what sort?!?

Hannah - I would LOVE for Joni to sleep 9 hours solid, but for now I will gladly settle for one waking and a 5.30 compared to what we had before :wacko: I hope that you got your :shower: in the end. I am still in my PJ's :blush: it is however through choice :haha:

Sarah - well done Oliver for doing so well with his food :thumbup: I did actually manage to persuade Joni to eat something yesterday, I offered her a load of different fruit veg and carb options and can you guess what the only thing she would eat was? Yep rusk :rolleyes: I did manage to spoon some butternut squash, prune, apple and carrot puree on it which Joni sucked off so I guess it is not so bad. I do think that Joni might not be ready yet for full-on weaning, afterall adjusted she is not quite 6 months yet and she still seems very happy with milk. So for now I will just keep offering her food and try not worry if she is not interested.

Emera - Boo for the boiler :growlmad: and only two years old too :shrug: I hate how applicances and mod cons these days are not built to last at all :nope: I don't even know how old the boiler in our house is but at a guess it is at least 15 years old. The guys who come out and service it have said not to worry about replacing it as it is a really simple reliable design which only has 3 bits that can go wrong so as long as they can source the replacement parts no problem. Granted one of the bits does wear out each year, but I have my boiler insured so get it replaced and the annual service for free :thumbup:
:hugs: to you for the bed incident, something similar happens to us all at some point. I remember when I knocked Joni's head on the corner of the chest of drawers in our room :shock: after a couple of minutes and a big cuddle Joni had forgotten about it competely, I however felt dreadful for weeks!!!!
Yay :happydance: for your birthday treat, it sounds fab :mrgreen: It is great that you got money off for going a day early and you still get to spend the actual day with your little family :thumbup:

Maybebaby - poor you :hugs: I have had more nights like that with Joni then I care to remember :nope: I hope the film was good :)

L-C - I am glad that you are getting the boiler fixed this week :thumbup: and that you have still managed to get your daily shower :mrgreen:
I am sorry Will's naps are not quite working out. I think Joni would respond well to fixed nap times but I have not managed to do it as her wake up time is still really variable :wacko: Most of the time Joni only takes 5-10 mins of grumbling to go down to nap but sometimes, particularly if she is a wee bit overtired, she can take 15mins+.

Amy - :test: I am so impressed with Alex's eating, I am really not sure how much Joni actually eats as I have not seen much change in her poops :confused: COngratulations for braving and surviving the sleepover :thumbup: Your comment about Lynette from DHW did make me chuckle :haha:
A puppy :wacko: is this something you discussed? I am sure I would remember you saying you were thinking of getting a puppy! I have always wanted a dog but we work too long hours and it would not be fair. A few of my friends have asked when we are getting a dog now that I am home with Joni :saywhat: I barely have enough room in our flat for the three of us let alone a canine pal :nope:

H&F :hugs: thank you for checking in with us. So sorry that you are going through this :hugs:

Well today has been very laid back, I think you may have guessed that from the fact it is half past five and I am still in my jim-jams :haha: I have pootered round the house doing chores :hangwashing::laundry::dishes: Hubby has successfully put up the blind and shelf in Joni's room :happydance: so now I am just eyeing up some curtains online to complete the room.

Joni woke up at 5.30 this morning and has been a bit off all day, really clingy, tetchy and hard to keep amused. I think it is a case of the teethy grumps. Also the last few nights when she has woken at 12-2ish for her feed she has taken ages to drink it and then at 7am has only taken one oz :rolleyes: I think I will try cutting back the night feed a bit and see how she does. Perhaps my little lady might be on the verge of cutting out her night feed altogether [-o<

Huh :confused: I have just written a post but when I hit submit it has been referred to a mod for approval :shrug:

Maybe it is because it is so flippin long :rofl:

I know I should test but I am tooooo scared :wacko: I cant see how I could be! TBH I did have a spare test and I went to use it yesterday, I peed on it and then put in on the toilet floor and was watching the egg timer (it was a digital one) and bricked it. I jumped on the test till it broke (knew my extra weight would come in handy for something!).

LC - its a springer/cocker spaniel cross, or sprocker as some people call them. I'll try and get a pic on soon. I havent said anything on fb as my mum said she;d never speak to me again if I got a dog :dohh: or I'd post a pic on there.

frufru - we did sort of half heartedly talk about how we missed having a dog, I didnt think he'd really get one :haha: he's so happy though, so happy he did the washing up :haha: Alex was really clingy for the first time yesterday and I think it was because of the tooth. It came through at about 1pm, he'd had a nice long sleep and when I looked in his mouth I saw a little bit of blood on his gum. I looked closer and there was the tooth! He was also really unsettled the two nights before the tooth came through so maybe Joni's wont be long. Fab news you've got the blinds up now :thumbup:

H&F - :flower::hugs: if it is a MC then you still have lots to look forward to with your wedding :hugs: you'll have to let us know how the scan goes :hugs:

maybe - hope you enjoyed the film and hope you have a better night tonight [-o<

well DH has bathed the puppy, we've called her Lyra. She is cute, I'm more of an older dog person and I'm looking forward to walks with her but she is definately a cutie :)

Amy - i didnt think i could be - we used protection and only did it a couple of times last month! Do a test! x x x

I jumped on the test till it broke
I'm sorry but I nearly just wet myself reading that.

Interesting that Alex was clingy too before his tooth, Joni did grumble a lot more than usual this bedtime too hmmmm.......

I love the puppies name - one of my favorites :) the main character in Phillip Pullmans Dark Materials trilogy is also called Lyra.

Wishing us all better nights than we dare hope for :hugs:

frufru - I'm a loony arent I :haha: we pilferred the name from the film of those books - the Golden Compass :thumbup: Another thing Alex did the day before the tooth popped is he kept making a new noise that he made when he was rubbing his tongue on his gum.... if that makes sense! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->