Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

God maybebaby you're brave! I don't think I'm ever going to feel ready for sex again, I'm only a week behind you but Vinnys luck won't be in any time soon :lol: hope erins ear feels better soon xxx

oh Emera - what a day. Bless you!! Glad you could see the funny side not sure I would have done!!

Maybebaby - you are a brave woman doing jiggy jiggy!!

I was always told had to wait 6 weeks but mw said today can do it whenever I felt ready. Erm that would be never then......and after I told DH about my 'extra slit' I think he may be put off for life now too!!

Aww thanks girls :) Feeling alot better now OH came home and ran me a nice hot bath and got me a hot water bottle for my back :)

Oh, and Katie, i did cry, lots, but once i wet myself i just thought, what the hell! :haha:

Nice side effect of the jabs is Roh is really sleepy, he's been asleep pretty much since we got back, except when i woke him up for his bath and bottle.

I made the mistake of having sex a few weeks ago, and now OH keeps getting hopeful. :dohh: Problem is, it hurt a bit and i have absolutely zero sex drive, so i'm not really interested. I'm guessing its the breastfeeding doing that, my poor OH, i feel for him, ah well, at least i can use my back hurting as a good excuse! :haha:

Hey Girls,

Sorry I have not posted in a while. Had a really rough night with Bobby yesterday :( He woke up for a feed at 12.30am and that was a nightmare as I tried the medela bottles (the avent ones have been giving him terrible wind) and that proved to be unpopular with him LOL. He was up until 3am and would not settle.

I bought some Tommee Tippee and Dr Brown bottles and have tried both of those today. I def noticed an improvement and I am very happy with Dr B bottles as I saw not air bubbles in the bottle. I am going to give it a few days and decide which bottles I will get more of depending on how he does.

The bouncer I ordered arrived today and it seemed to really help him to fall asleep very quickly. Do you know how long I can keep him in it safely? Its a Precious Planets Happy Giraffe Bouncer by Fisher-Price.

I can't believe that my little baby is going to be three weeks old of Friday!

I hope you are all doing well :hugs:

Mork - There is a good sticky thread in the BF section about expressing breast milk.

Sarahwoo - if you think you have thrush on your nipples it is a good idea to get LO checked too. If you both have it and only you are treated Oliver will pass the thrush right back to you.

Jo - We have recorded the Spartacus to watch at some point, sounds like it may make me :blush:

Emera - what a day you had :hugs: Joni is frequently sick into my cleavage :rolleyes:

Maybebaby - poor Erin :sad1: I hope you get to spend your quality time with her next week.

Modo - I use the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles with Joni and she gets on with them quite well. Are you still expressing for Bobbie?

I have to say I am quite lucky with my hubby as he likes to be very hands on with Joni - he will quite happily help with night feeds and bum changes. Unfortunately the operation he had a week before last has left him very weak and bed-ridden, he can barely get up to go to the toilet let alone help care for a a newborn baby. So at the moment I am flying solo with Joni-care and looking after hubby too. The doctor thinks that hubby will need another 2 weeks at least to recover enought to begin getting back to normal day-day stuff. He is really quite depressed about missing out on helping care for Joni for the best part of a month - he is too weak to hold her when she is awake as she is very active and thrashes around a fair bit. If he is feeling strong enough I will take Joni through to him when she is asleep so he can have a cuddle but he tires quite quickly :sad1:

As for S-E-X, hubby and I were DTD at 3 weeks afer Joni arrived :shock: I never thought I would be ready by then but totally was. Non-pregnant sex is so awsome :mrgreen: Clearly with hubby being so unwell after his op there is no naughtiness going on now and won't be for a while either as his op was on his groin and man bits poor bloke.

Joni's BF is still coming on well - I pretty much BF for her 7am feed onwards but will give her EBM by bottle for her night feeds as I can't get her to latch at night unless I fully wake her up but then it takes me forever to get her back to sleep. I do want to get her onto the booby for night feeds too at some point, howeverI only get c 3.5hours sleep in 24 hours at the moment as it is so I don't want to change the current routine until hubby is better and can help out with Joni in the day/evening so I can catch up on sleep then. I have been really worried about the time Joni takes to BF and her general behaviour but having read all your posts and speaking to other Mum's she is just a regular baby which is comforting to know.

Righto - time to express, sleep tight everyone xx

Modo - I use the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles with Joni and she gets on with them quite well. Are you still expressing for Bobbie?

I have to say I am quite lucky with my hubby as he likes to be very hands on with Joni - he will quite happily help with night feeds and bum changes. Unfortunately the operation he had a week before last has left him very weak and bed-ridden, he can barely get up to go to the toilet let alone help care for a a newborn baby. So at the moment I am flying solo with Joni-care and looking after hubby too. The doctor thinks that hubby will need another 2 weeks at least to recover enought to begin getting back to normal day-day stuff. He is really quite depressed about missing out on helping care for Joni for the best part of a month - he is too weak to hold her when she is awake as she is very active and thrashes around a fair bit. If he is feeling strong enough I will take Joni through to him when she is asleep so he can have a cuddle but he tires quite quickly :sad1:

As for S-E-X, hubby and I were DTD at 3 weeks afer Joni arrived :shock: I never thought I would be ready by then but totally was. Non-pregnant sex is so awsome :mrgreen: Clearly with hubby being so unwell after his op there is no naughtiness going on now and won't be for a while either as his op was on his groin and man bits poor bloke.

Joni's BF is still coming on well - I pretty much BF for her 7am feed onwards but will give her EBM by bottle for her night feeds as I can't get her to latch at night unless I fully wake her up but then it takes me forever to get her back to sleep. I do want to get her onto the booby for night feeds too at some point, howeverI only get c 3.5hours sleep in 24 hours at the moment as it is so I don't want to change the current routine until hubby is better and can help out with Joni in the day/evening so I can catch up on sleep then. I have been really worried about the time Joni takes to BF and her general behaviour but having read all your posts and speaking to other Mum's she is just a regular baby which is comforting to know.

Righto - time to express, sleep tight everyone xx

Thanks for the advice FruFru! I am still expressing every night around 12am for Bobby. I have started taking Fenugreek today so I am hoping it works and increases my supply.

No sex for me yet either :( I don't know if I have to wait the six weeks til I see my consultant because of the c/s area (which is healing quite well).

I don't think I'll ever have sex again.. If it hurts so badly to walk far or sit down, I think the pain of sex would kill me :lol:
modo, I use the anti colic closer to nature bottles with Daisy. Those and infacol and sitting her nearly upright to feed her seem to be a winning combination :lol:

Wow frufru you are doing amazingly well with everything going on at the month! I'm not sure how I'd cope with Oliver on my own let alone Oliver and Steve! I hope your OH is feeling better soon.

Well I went to the docs and its not thrush, she asked loads af questions and I have mastitis (can't spell lol!). I've been feeling hot and a bit fluey but put it down to been tired, I've been really engorged but put that down to expressing, but when she asked all the questions it kind of clicked lol! So I have antibiotics which I really hope does the trick!

hi

you are all amazing, Will is four weeks tomorrow and i've not been on here at all since! it's so reassuring that we all seem to be in he same place.

i have been really lucky my OH has been really good, not that he will be rewarded any time soon. i am trying to be as un aatractive as possible which is pretty easy at the moment, bearly able to find time to brush my teeth!! oh and managed to get an infection in my stitches. so have been on antibiotics and when i have been brave enough to look, it's been pretty gross.

then to top it all off this weekend i got mastitis - OMG it's horrible, had a massive temperature, which made everything impossible and obviously a sore boob!!

Will also seems to have colic and takes ages to sooth after a feed, which then rolls inton the next feed....infacol is good but doesn't seem to get it all up. i'm shattered..

emera what a day, you are brave going out i haven't been out of the house since saturday!

hope you are all having a good day today xx

sarahwoo just seen your post....me too my temp is down now but i really sympathise it's horrible - hope it improves soon x

sarahwoo just seen your post....me too my temp is down now but i really sympathise it's horrible - hope it improves soon x

Thankyou! I know it sounds daft but I've just been getting on with everything and keeping busy and not really letting myself think that I might not feel great. Now I know what's wrong I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself and feeling like poo, how daft is that! At least Steve is at home, I think I might try to get a nice relaxing bath later on and have a little pamper.

Frufru, it sounds like you're doing amazingly well! I hope your OH makes a quick recovery :hugs:
Sarah, mastitis doesn't sound like much fun! Hope you stop feeling rubbish soon xxxx

hey ladies!

L-C for the colic have you tried gripe water? bubs can have it from 4 weeks onwards, harrison had terrible trapped wind and infacol just stopped working or didnt get much up at all, HV suggested gripe water and i have to say it worked a treat.

modo i use the closer to nature bottles from tommee tippee, same as katie and do the same thing. Have harrison nearly sat upright to feed, gripe water in the milk (supposed to have it after or during a feed but harrison wont take it on its own so i sneak it in the milk) and i also have him sat near upright for a good 20 minutes after burping, i also have him slightly propped up in his basket by propping up the head end of the stand so he is slightly angled.

well harrison didnt have a good night last night, he seems very stuffly in his nose bless him so struggles to breath a bit. tempted to go see if i can get something to help him with it. I felt sorry for OH aswel last night because it was the first time i actually felt like DTD lol and he could tell but with harrison waking what felt like every 5 minutes he didnt get anything.

Hey ladies!

Sarah.. I had a letter confirming child benefit payments about ten days after submitting the application form (a few days after they returned the birth certificate!)

I then got the Child Trust Fund voucher a day later to enable me to open Chloe's CTF account :)

For those that haven't yet applied.. get your forms off since the CTF voucher goes down to £50 in August!!

thanks jolou will get some tomorrow - i wondered if it had stopped working! did you give it from 4 weeks?

i actually started giving it a few days before he was 4 weeks lol but the HV said a few days wont make any difference.

great - thank you he's 4 weeks tomorrow have got some today x

What does gripe water actually do? :shrug: I'd love to know how it works!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gripe_water

there you go :)

i was at marks nans who's 90 and she used to use it on her kids lol

Thanks for the advice ladies! I have actually ordered some more Dr. Brown bottles as these seemed to have worked the best with Bobby. I have also been using infacol (he pulls the cutest little infacol face when the bitter aftertaste hits!) and putting him in his bouncer after a feed during the day. The bouncer is a hit with Bobby he loves the vibrations as they seem to soothe him.

Frufru hope your OH makes a quick recovery!

How are you all doing tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->