Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Daisy has a really funny infacol face too :lol:
she's been awful since about 6pm, she goes down for an hour and then wakes up screaming, presuming she's colicky! I get stressed when she's in pain and I can't help her- luckily Vinny is here to keep things sensible :lol:

Aww sorry to hear that Katie :( Maybe you could try the Dr Brown bottles they have worked so well for Bobby. Feeding him at night has become so much better :hugs:

LC and sarahwoo - hope the mastitis clears soon. have never had it but it sounds awful!

well i am thinking of expressing today. have to get to grips with the new breast pump (tommy tipee manual) as i couldnt find my avent electric one. i could've sworn i put it in a particular cupboard in the kitchen when i stopped using it with erin but it is nowhere to be found :shrug: not shelling out for another electric one now tho!

the weather seems better today but it was ok this tim yesterday but by the time my friend and i were walking back from towm it was pissing it down. my jeans and clothes were soaked and i was wearing flip flops :haha: my friend had an umbrella but it was too windy :dohh: luckily the kids were dry with their rain covers!

have a few jobs to do in towm before picking dylan up from school at 12 so i'd best go and get my bum in gear now and get showered and dressed before owen wakes again! hope you all have a nice day xxx

i have to admit i am getting very tempted to change bottles to dr brown but im not sure they would fit in my steriliser plus id need about 6 or so and they are so expensive. harrison has lots of trapped wind and doesnt seem to be getting it up. dont get me wrong since using the gripe water its soo much better but he still has alot, everytime i put him down you can tell he still has it and he isnt comfortable, it can be over an 2hrs after a feed and he is still struggling. maybe il mention it around marks mum and she might say get them, if she says it then mark has no problems with it lol

as for the weather here today, it looks very dull dull dull, its rather windy but soooo warm and clamy.

i hate it being clamy! lol

Morning all!

Well I think I had the worst night yet last night, Olivers gets a stuffy nose at night and last night it was waking him up all the time, and then he just couldn't sleep. I think I got about two hours sleep, urgh! In the end I brought him downstairs. I tried propping him up in bed but that didn't work, I think I might go and buy a humidifier today and see if that works. I'm sooooo tired! I think I might ask Steve to have Oliver when he gets up so I can get an hour or twos sleep and a bath. I don't know why but I feel bad for asking, I know I shouldn't - esp when Steve is getting his nice eight hours. But if I don't get some sleep I'm jusrt going to cry!!

I went and bought the Baby Bjorn Synergy carrier yesterday (mothercare had £20 off!) I love the idea of the sling/wrap ones but we are looking to do some walking over the summer and think that the Synergy suited those needs more and the material on the synergy is supposed to be more cooling than some of the other carriers. Che is in it right now and fast asleep and I have breastfed in it too - not the easiest but hoping will get better with practice! Also leaves me with 2 hands to type with when he is in it!!

I have just booked us a cottage in Northumberland for a months time for a week. We can take the dogs and it is near the beach and coastal walks. We are planning to finish the week off at the Wickerman festival in Scotland and have opted for the luxury camping option in a cloudtent which they erect for you and it is much bigger than a normal tent etc. There is also access to showers! I would not normally opt for this but really cannot see us in a tiny tent with a baby! My friends who are going with us live nearby so if it does prove to be too much I can always go back to theirs. Really excited at the thought of going on holiday!!

Had a lovely day yesterday - took Che into our office to meet the staff who were all over him! And then met a girl from NCT whose had a baby 6 days after me and we had a catch up and compared stories etc. Was a bit envious as her DH has a month off with paternity and holidays and he appears so hands on.

Well I am having to work today and tomorrow - 2 of our staff are still off but at least it can be done from home!

so jealous u have got a holiday booked! im looking for something abroad for next yr but mark is so bloomin fussy about where we go and how much we spend.. i told him it would be nice if he actually told me the budget etc or at least take an interest and look himself!

well i have decided im going to go buy just 1 dr brown bottle and keep sterilising it over the day just to see how it helps with his wind etc, its took me 1hr half to get him winded, in the end ive given up cos he fell asleep but i can tell theres more there cos he is soo fidgety, when he has no wind he sleeps so relaxed its funny.

sorry sarah you didnt get a good night last night! i totally sympathise with you, harrison is still stuffy at night and now after waking up after each nap, i think from about 2am i had a total of 3 hours sleep and mark didnt stir once, u can bet your life tho he will say he had a disturbed nights sleep..

Jolou steve is just the same, when he got up today after 8 hours sleep and said he was tired I could have bloomin killed him!!!!

I've been and bought a humidifier so hopefully that will help tonight, I'll let you know!

If anyone is wanting some, tommy tippee closer to nature bottles are 6 for ten quid in argos at the moment, I paid that for three so its a bit of a bargain!

Cactusgirl - your holiday sounds amazing and I wouldn't worry about sleeping in tent. You'll be okey :thumbup:

ive been and bought 1 dr brown bottle just to see how it is and so far harrison has had one feed and only took 30 minutes to feed and wind! altho he seems hungry again.. its only been 1hr since his feed. only thing i notice is that u cant shake the bottle for the formula u have to stir it which might be a pain, il guess il find that out when i make some more formula, i have read that some people buy the travel caps and use them to shake the bottle. also the bottle only just fits in my steriliser, the bottom of the bottle is literally touching the lid of the steriliser, think this will be ok? if not im only gonna be able to sterilise 2 bottles at a time, i dont fancy buying another steriliser, altho they are £20 and u get 2 of the bigger bottles in which means id only need to buy another 2 bottles which are £11. the packs of 4 bottles are around £22.. oh i dont know what to do if it keeps working.
maybe i could still make up the feeds in the tommee tippe bottles, store it in those as i do now in the fridge and just pour it into the 1 dr brown bottle when i need to feed him, i have the steriliser that came with the tommee tippee hand breast pump, i imagine i could use that for cold water sterilsiing the one dr brown bottle after each feed, i imagine that might be easier?

oh im rambling but any opinions would be welcome if u can understand all i have just typed lol

sarah - hope u get some sleep/rest.

i havent stopped all day and only on here as owen is feeding!!! spent last 3hrs cleaning dylan's room and throwing out old toys. have bagged some up 2 donate 2 nursery my sil is working at over summer. worst thing is that it doesnt look like i've done much in the room at all!

OH taken dylan 2 rugbytots and erin here with me sorting stacking cups by size. havent seen her so quiet and focused ever :haha:

Sarah, it sounds like your night went about as well as mine! She was up and down all night and just wouldn't fall asleep, I got maybe 2 hours broken sleep :dohh:
Vinny was good though, he wasn't in work til 3 so he sat up with me :) it was weird spending the morning and early afternoon with him, it's been nearly 3 months since he's had anything even close to a day off!
I realised this morning- I tried Daisy with the variflow teats yesterday to see if they were any better as she falls asleep halfway through a bottle and takes nearly an hour to eat sometimes.. They're suitable from birth but I think that's what made her so bad last night!

Oh and Jo, I have no idea, I'm confused just thinking about it!

i tried harrison on vari flow katie and he didnt like them at all, he wouldnt get any out at all.

i confused myself just thinking about it all katie dont worry! Just phoned my mum and she has bought me 2 dr browns bless her! so thats 3 i have now, she also said it shouldnt matter if the bottom of the bottle is touching the lid and that i could always do the cold water sterilising for the teats etc and just microwave the bottles if i was worried about melting or burning the steriliser lid/bottom of the bottle. She also said why not make the formula up in a tommee tippe bottle as i have a screw cap for it then pour in the dr browns bottles then store the dr browns in the fridge... makes sense i think?

Jolou though I know very little about bottles etc your plan sounds like it makes sense to me :)

Katie sorry to hear you had a bad night too, it must have been lovely to spend some time with vinny :) will that happen more now? Oh, and how was the house you went to see?

Well Oliver was overtired just now so Steve took him, I came in the kitchen to have a clean up, just went back into the lounge and Oliver is fast asleep, and so is Steve! The bugger, he is soooo doing the morning feed tomorrow so I can sleep in! I don't have the heart to wake him up now though, I guess I should just make the most of the peace and quiet!

lol sarah! dan and owen nap in bed 2gether and look so cute.

variflow teats r crap. tried them with dylan and he couldnt get any out. i tried them and couldnt either v:haha:

typing 1 handed is hard!

Hi All

Jolou im finding it difficult working out what are the best bottles too. I was looking for advice on teat sizes yesterday. Matthew is a month old today and wanted to move up to the Size 2 Avent teats as I felt that he was taking ages with his bottles and getting quite a bit of trapped wind.

I also read your advice about gripe water last night and decided to buy some but matthew really didnt like it- do they every get used to it and I felt he spat out about half of it.

Hope you girls get a better sleep tonight and I definately think steve should do the early morning feed tomorrow,

I have a quick question, who has had their period return? I am four weeks down the line and still bleeding but today it got heavier and back to bright red with some little clots (which is similar to my period) but no sore boobs, cramping etc. Do you think this could be my period or just an increased flow.
Also does anyone know when it is safe to use tampons again? Would be grateful for your advice

Jolou, if its a steam steriliser then bottles touching the lid should be fine, its only important the steam can circulate well otherwise it won't sterilise properly, so more important that there is space at the bottom and round the edges. As far as i know anyway, i'm no expert, but thats from the instructions on mine (avent microwave steriliser).

Sorry to hear about the bad nights last night, i was right there with you! Roh occasionally suffers from bad wind low down which gives him colicky type pains, he was struggling all night, screaming in his sleep, so i'm guessing he didn't get a great nights sleep either. I feel like i had virtually none! :wacko: OH is pretty grumpy today as for the first time he got an interrupted sleep too! Fortunately he's wise enough not to complain to me about it :haha:

Went to a postnatal group today, which was lovely, this week was baby massage. Very useful, especially the tummy massage for wind/colic, came at the perfect time! Rohan loved it :) He was so relaxed through the whole thing and got all naked infront of all the ladies there (everyone else had disposable nappies which were thin enough to massage through, but as the reusables are more bulky i had to take it off) and he thought it was brilliant, smiling away and wriggling about and having a good wee on me! :haha:

Anyway, the tummy massage definately worked well as he's had 3 massive poos today and is alot more relaxed tonight :) He usually only poos every few days, so i'm thinking he feels alot more comfy now :) I have another longer class next week to learn more techniques, looking forwards to it, although it starts at 10am, which is a bit traumatic in my opinion!

Ergh, really sleepy, i'm just waiting for Roh to properly go off and then i'm going to bed!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"