Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Thanks ladies :kiss:
Vinny is feeding the baby before we go to bed, suspect this means a bad night with wind.. No idea what he does, I'm watching dead close but can't work out what he does different to me :shrug: but after he feeds her she often has trapped wind.
Good luck tomorrow Jo xxxx

Good luck with your appointments Katie and Jo!

Janny he is sooooo cute! Congrats! I hope your doing okay!

Modo sorry your having a tough night with Bobby, I hope he settles. Its awful when they really cry like mad isn't it.

Thanks sooooo much for all your advice re breastfeeding. I'm going to call Little Angels tomorrow and see if they will come and see me. I wish I was brave enough to go to one of the breastfeeding groups but I'm not. My antibiotics for the mastitis run out soon and I'm still getting pain and engorgenent, esp in the right boob. I've got my six week check on Friday so I think I'll mention it to the dr then. Argh I just wish it didn't hurt!!

Well we had a lovely day yesterday, we went to Whitby. Its about an hour and a half from here and Oliver was soooo good! It was fab, we had a lovely time :)

Thanks Sarah! He has actually been fine since my last post. He just decided to have his tantrum a little earlier today and has been asleep for mist of my shift. Tonight for the first time I managed to drift off while he was sleeping, although I kept waking up thinking he had woken up but I guess I was dreaming! I just gave him my last feed for the night and he drifted back to sleep. Yay!!!

BTW that pic you have of Oliver in your siggie and avatar is beautiful :cloud9:

Oh my god, I am the tiredest person alive. The baby was up at half 12, half 2, 4, half 5 and still up now. Between that and V waking me up at 3 to tell me that ray (my mums ex) had just climbed over the fence when he was outside smoking but hadn't seen him and what should he do (stay inside and keep the doors locked was my advice ha!), I'm absolutely exhausted!

Katie I feel your pain! :hugs: Had the same sort of night here. Feel like I've been sledge hammered in the head! Please go to sleep babies. I have to get the girls up for school in half hour cry cry

am sat here expressing with 1 hand and typing with the other! owen is in his swing, erin is watching tv and oh is in bed. all is right with the world! plan 4 2day is 2 do some general cleaning and after that i'm not sure. maybe take kids to the playground this afternoon, or the botanical gardens. at least the sun is shining!!!

Morniing all! Well it was a mixed night here, went to bed at about half ten and Oliver slept until two - three and a half hours!! Thats really good for Oliver :) After that he was back to 1 1/2 - 2 hours but he did stay in bed until half seven which was nice :) So we are now having a snuggle on the sofa, Steve is asleep so we'll leave him there for now :)

This afternoon we're having a drive to my parents, mum is at work so we'll call there for a bit so she can show Oliver off and also so we can weigh him as mum works at a medical centre. He hasnt been weighted since he was 10 days so I cant wait to see what he weighs now!!!

Awww, Oliver is staring at nothing and making the cutest little noises and smiling away, he'll probably cry in a minute but right now he looks gorgeous :)

hi lovely photos of all your cuties! i really don't know how you all do so much - i did jobs yesterday morning, went to the inlaws for lunch and tesco on the way home all with DH but feel completely pooped.

windmills hope you have better night tonight, i'm finding it does tend to go that way...

think i'm going to have a laz day today DH working til late, my Mum is coming tomorrow to rescue me yay.

hope you all have good day x

L-C mums are fab arent they, I love it when mine comes up to rescue me, i get sooo much done! My parents come up on Fridays and I really look forward to it :)

A quick question for you ladies who have had your six week checks, I have mine on Friday, what do they check?

sarah i'm so lazy i let my mum do the jobs and i sleep or feed it's lush!!

got mine next week would be interested to know...

im still waiting for my 6 week check... it will be 7 weeks since i had harrison on friday, ive asked again at the docs if i need to make the app myself or do they send me an app, again all they said was "im sure the HV sorts that out for you". remembering back to when i had sophie the docs sent me the app, granted it was a diff doc surgery and diff area..

well i had a poop night and it was nothing to do with harrison, i went to bed around 11:30 and as soon as i lay down i felt like i was going to be sick, it was horrible, everytime i moved i felt sick, it was the same this morning and i have the worst sore throat! hope im not coming down with something, my sister was off work yesterday feeling very similar.

i went shopping yesterday and bought myself a shirt dress in the sale in tesco, i swear to god it was no way a 16! there is something wrong in the stitching, its not even like its a small 16 and it only just fastens, the buttons wont even meet! leaving a 2 inch gap lol needless to say thats going back, shame tho cos it fit everywhere else. i also ended up buying "just dance" for the wii, i played it over the weekend when my cousin brought it round and it was sooo much fun and of course sophie loved it.

well im about to get harrison into his car seat ready to go to the hospital, im not sure if its part of his 6/8 week check or if its just for his testicle not dropping since i have the HV coming on thursday too.

good luck katie with daisy at alder hay!

have swept and mopped the living room and cleaned kitchen. owen just had a feed and is dozing in my arms so am going to sit back and relax a bit.

Katie and Jolou - hope your appointments go well today

Jolou - what a fab sleep! Nice one Harrison!

Well last night I THINK Che dropped a feed!! (or I cannot remember doing it!) He slept 11-3, feed and grisley for 2hrs, then slept 5-8:30. I never thought I would be over the moon about being woken up 3-5am - how life has changed!! And yay for live Big Brother through the night I can stare at John James!!

HV due this morning - hope she is nice!!

Weather is gorgeous here today!

jo and katie - hope the appointments went well! :hugs:

jo hope you feel better soon :hugs:

sarah - woohoo on the sleeping :)

6 week check - at mine the doc asked me how i was physically and emotionally, offered to check stitch sites (i said no as they were fine) asked a few questions about my health, talked about contraception. Then he weighed and measured Roh, checked his head circumferance, checked his eyes, ears, alertness, hips, heart and chest, and testicles. Asked me questions about his development (does he lift his head, follow objects with his eyes, turn to lights, smile etc) and that was it really. I know they can vary a bit, but thats about the basics as far as i can tell. Oh, asked about feeding too.

Well phew, i'm knackered! really unsettled night on sunday night, kept me awake all through. OH actually got his sleep disturbed too, nightmare, he got really mad and stomped off to sleep in the living room after shouting at me "can't you keep him quiet?!" :dohh: to which i said "yes of course i can i just like sitting here with him crying all night" :growlmad: needless to say i had a few strong words to say in the morning and he apologised saying he was just tired! Argh men!! :dohh: I shouted a bit more, but he was all sorry, saying he didn't know how i did it and how much respect he had for me and what a great job i was doing, so i forgave him :winkwink:

So, turns out the unsettled night was a prelude to the epic feeding session of yesterday, 10 hours non stop feeding, with a few 20 minute naps in there, but waking up each time screaming for more, i'm so drained. At least he slept like normal last night, so all is well again today, although i'm still chained to the sofa with him feeding like mad! :wacko: I have a theory, as he sleeps so well at night (wakes at 4 or 5am for a quick 10 minute feed only sleeps through the rest) its actually causing a problem as my supply has been droppiing off. I've started on eating lots of oats, doubling my water intake to 3 litres a day and drinking 4 cups of raspberry leaf tea a day. With him feeding like mad i'm noticing my supply going back up again quite rapidly (it was already increasing over the weekend) so i reckon thats it, plus he seems to be planning a growth spurt. All in all things are good as last week i was worried he wasn't feeding well, so this is a good change :) Don't know when i'll manage to express his night bottle though if he keeps this up all day again though! :haha:

My camera is misbehaving, so still no picture sadly , stupid thing :growlmad:

:hugs:

well im back from the hospital, the nurse weighed Harrison for me and he now weighs 10llb9oz so he has put a 1llb on since his last weigh in 2 or so weeks ago, which is good he is following the 50th percentile line nicely! after the weigh in we went into the dr's office and she asked if he was smiling yet and is his bowels working ok etc and also if he follows things when waved in front of him, all of which he does fine, he is a nosey little so and so lol she then checked his testicle that hadn't dropped and it has dropped.. yay!!

Harrison is currently sleeping, he was mid sleep when i took him to the hospital so got disturbed which he hates! I think whilst he is quiet i will make myself a hot lemon to ease this throat, its driving me mad, then i need to wash some bottles to put in the steriliser.. and wow i dont know why i didnt get the cold water one from the get go! even with sophie lol its soooo much easier! granted with all the bits to these dr brown bottles theres alot more going in there so a bit more fiddly trying to make sure everything is in the water but im getting a little nack to it slowly, i might see if i can find something tray like that will fit in the box that came with the breast pump and use that as a cold water one too for dummies and fiddly parts of the bottles.

actually before doing all that i am gonna go on the wii fit and see what i am in for at my weight watchers meeting tomorrow! i weighed myself as soon as i got home from the last meeting and it was only 2llb off so lets see!

Yay for testicles dropping!! Ha ha never thought would say that sentence!!

Emera - does RLT help with BF?? I still have some from end of pregnancy and was wondering if could still have it.

HV came this morning and asked all her questions. That is it now - she won't be visiting again?! I thought they would visit every now and again for up to a year maybe but unless have any problems that's it. Is that the same everywhere?

Yep, my MIL is a retired MW and now homeopathist and an NCT BF advisor, she said RLT, fennel tea and fenugreek are all great for boosting your supply, and also drinking a good amount of fennel, chamomile, lavander or peppermint tea helps with babies wind. I'm going to get some fennel tea, seems the good all rounder, but same i have quite a bit of RLT left as i only went 36 weeks, so i'm on that for now.

Yay for Harrison, glad it dropped! :)

Oh, also, my HV only came out once, now i just go along to the well baby clinic, thats where they all hang out. Do you have something like that where you are? If so, thats the place to go for weighing and advice etc. CG :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->