Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

sarawoo will does that especially when the milk is flying out and he has to drink fast!

L-C thats good to know, I was getting a bit paranoid as he's fine when Steve gives him a bottle! My milk does come out quick to start with, we both end up covered sometimes!

Oliver is six weeks old today, I cant believe how fast its going!! Steve was playing poker online when we got up, when Oliver saw him he was soooooo full of smiles, it was so cute to watch :)

sarah - owen is the same with feeds and brings up milk at every feed. i have a constant supply of muslins in the wash!

owen started smiling the other day. his 1st smile was 4 his dad! typical!!!

he was in his swing and crying, as soon as i picked him up he stopped. cheeky monkey - only wanted a cuddle!!! is falling asleep now which is good as have tons2do!

Hey everyone!

It's great to hear eveyone is doing so well!! It has taken me ages to catch up on all the posts!
Life here is pretty hetic with always at least 1 bum to change or a mouth to feed! Layla has just been diagnosed with a lactose intolerance so after 2 weeks of painful crying she is now a different baby! The girls had their 6 week check yesterday and Freya is now 8ib5oz and Layla 9ib so both are doing really well.
It sure is crazy having twins and at times i feel like i could run and hide but deep down I love every minute!
Take care everyone xxx

Hey girls, just found this thread. I had been wondering where the May mummies have disappeared to. Good to read everyone's getting on so well. For us it's been a big learning curve but I just love little Isla so much, it's so much easier than I thought it would be. I used to love my lie-ins but now I don't mind too much getting up at night to feed and change her. She's such a good girl, doesn't cry much and feeds well.

It'll be nice to read and share experiences with all of you on here. :hugs:
xxx

haha funny i think wee Jared is gonna be a blondie!!... his dad is dark brown and im ginger..... weird hehehehe

malpal - i bet it is super hectic for you! i love your avatar pic.

we went to the beach again today. was nice. OH and SIL just gone out 4 chinese takeaway! yum! better go get plates ready!

I just ended up going for loads of silly bits for V's present- socks, because everyone knows that's what you buy your dad :lol:, a dead cute forever friends book called 'i love my dad' because he loves reading her stories, sweets and chocolate, new razor blades, a 'me and my daddy' picture frame with a picture of him and daisy in for his office.. I hope he likes it, he's always made up with any presents though because his family just don't bother with birthdays and stuff, and didn't even when he was small.. That always depresses me because I love birthdays, I always make a big huge fuss of him with banners and everything.. He cried the first time I did it :cloud9:
anyway, there's my ramble of the evening.. why can i never seem to stay on topic..?
oh and you might of seen my thread in baby club but daisy isn't back at the hospital til the 7th September, when they're going to do a dmsa, more ultrasounds and decide what the next step is!

Oh, hi malpal! Glad to hear things are going well, I bet you're up the wall, it sounds hectic- 2 newborns and a toddler, you brave (mad..?) lady :lol: :kiss: your avatar is gorgeous :cloud9:

Hi Girls! Hope you are all doing ok :hugs: I have been sleeping in the bedroom with Bobby and I would say its a lot better than staying up with him till 4 am (when DH would take over) and waking up to him crying is not scary.

Bobby is 1 month tomorrow!

Going to bed now! Night x

Thinks are much more manageable with even an hours sleep aren't they! I had a night where I just couldn't sleep, and I just felt like I couldn't cope at all, but even on bad nights, if I catch an hours sleep before she starts again it makes a world of difference :)

Oh and Daisy is a month on Thursday, how mad! Tomorrow is a month since my crazy long induction began :lol:

Morning all! Oliver has decided its time to be wide awake, urgh! He's watching his mobile at the moment, I just having to wind it up lol! He's having a good chat with it though!

Daisy thought 5.30 was a good time to get up today, I was lucky though, I put her in with me and she fell asleep again just before 7 :wohoo:

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Malpal - fab to see you!!

For Father's Day I got DH a collage mug from Snapfish - you upload different photos with a message and they put it on a mug for you. The mug looks black and then when you put hot water in it all the photos appear so put photos of Che and him and Che on it. DH actually seemed happy with it (he is not normally into that kind of thing and does not celebrate Father's day with his own dad).

I have posted a thread in Babyclub about dummy or thumb sucking - had been holding out giving Che a dummy but last night DH put Che's thumb in his mouth and he started sucking it. This morning Che did it himself and I found him sucking his own thumb. I was just wondering whether it is better to give him a dummy or let him continue with his thumb if it comforts him??

I have started EBM and Che has let DH give him a bottle no problem. Last night though there was 6oz in the bottle. DH stopped at 4oz (as I thought 6oz seemed a lot of milk) but Che did not stop grizzling till he had finished the whole bottle. Is 6oz too much or should you just give them as much as they want?!

It's a minefield being a parent!!

CG - on the dummy v's thumb debate i think it is up to you personally. i prefer the dummy as you can eventually take it away wheras the thumb is always there. i knew a girl who still sucked her thumb as a teenager!!! :wacko: As for the milk i would give him as much as he wants. my MIL said that if baby drains the whole bottle to pt an extra oz in next time. babies are not supposed to be gluttons so the should stop when full. owen took 4oz of EBM and then a BF after that! and that was last week when he wasnt even 4wks old!!! Hope things with your OH are better.

Well OH took Dylan and Erin to the beach and i have stayed in with Owen as i dont want him going in the sun for too long (even though he's under the umbrella all the time) and especially not in the peak sun. so i fed him and then put him in the swing and have swept and mopped the kitchen, living room and corridor. if he gives me a chance i will tackle the bedrooms and the bathroom but he's already making noise so dont know if that'll be possible. after his next feed we'll prob get the bus and head down to the beach too for a couple of hrs.

oh i think i found you. and now izzy is screaming for a feed... ha. so i'll try and catch up later. can anyone give me a rundown since i've been awol for so long?

abz xx

have read through the last few pages. awful as it sounds i'm glad you guys aren't getting any sleep either, ha. thomas goes back to work on wednesday. i haven't been waking him up really during the night (but he still complains he's tired, ha) but i'm not looking forward to having to do everything around the house as well as being a constant milk supply. izzy was feeding madly then zonking out for four hours at a time. it was bliss. now i'm lucky to get half an hour to an hour. she hates going in her moses basket again at night unless she's already unconcious. and i'm sure she feeds for comfort more than hunger during the early hours of the morning but when i tried to give her a dummy she spat it out and didn't want it... so that's that out of the window for the timebeing...

abz xx

Katie Oliver had another couple of hours snuggled on my bit of the bed too - his little co sleeper is obviously too far away from mummy sometimes, quite cute really :)

CG I think I'd go for a dummy too, you are more in control of when they have it then. I was also holding out on giving a dummy to Oliver but Steve gave one to him and tbh iy works a treat when he's overtired or in the car. He doesn't have it $uch but it works when we usr it, which is great.

For Steve for fathers day I got him a big box of Thorntons, a book called my dad is amazing and that's not my robot - I love the touchy feeley range! Steve is still in bed though so I have no idea if he likes them or not yet, he worked last night but hopefully he will be up soon.

We've had a lovely day so far, we've been out and about with my parents again. I just wish we lived closer to them, I think next time we move we"l have to think about moving that way a bit.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Xx

PS malpal I have no idea how you cope with twins, and another lo too! You must be a supermum lol!

yey! owen slept enough to let me do the bathroom and bedrooms. just have to do a bit more tidying and that is that!!! waiting for him to wake up now for a feed and then we'll ead down to the beach for a bit. typical, he never naps for too long and now that i want to go out he is sound asleep :haha: so going to have a cup of tea and then hopefully he'll wake up or else my left boob is going to explode!!!

those of you BF do you feed from one boob each feed or both? i generally seem to be doing one and then sometimes both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->