Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

katie and amy. so sorry to hear your OH's are being such arseholes. massive hugs.

izzy has wanted to feed every half an hour to an hour since 2.30am. she has finally zonked in time to see the midwife at 1 and i need to get ready. am shattered.

the bath was a success.

and how do you guys have them in bed with you? i always thought that was dangerous?

abz xx

abz - my OH sleeps on the sofa most nights :haha: so i have the bed omyself. i never really meant to co-sleep but i put him in bed with me to feed, end up falling asleep myself and then when i wake up he is asleep and i dont want to move him in case he wakes up :dohh: i'm a super light sleeper so anything wakes me so i dont feel that i'd squash owen or anything.

amy - :grr: to the postman!

katie - :grr: to be stuck at home!

Abz co-sleeping is very safe if you do it right, in fact in some ways apparently its more safe as the baby uses mum to regulate its breathing and temperature etc. I never intended to co-sleep but it works really well for us, like I say you just have to do it properly.

Katie I'm so sorry that things are rubbish with Vinny. Its really unfair of him to say that - it sounds like he needs a reality check tbh. Steve once said that to me so I said in that case I'm off to my mums, I'm not staying where I'm not wanted. He wouldn't let me go. So it was the same - he was saying it to get to me, god knows what he thought it would achieve. Men are so damn wierd sometimes, drives me mad.

A3my I'm sorry to hear that your OH is been so stupid too, I hope he at least tries to make it up to you! What it is with these fellas, is it somethine about been a new dad?

I don't know about you guys, and I don't know if its just temporary, but I feel like I have less patience with Steve at the moment. We're not arguing or anything but I feel like I would be much less forgiving that I was before Oliver came along. Maybe its because my priority is Oliver now, I don't know? I just feel like I won't take any crap lol!

Well I feel much better today, Steve took Oliver this morning for a few hours so I could get some sleep. Normally when I get up with Oliver he has a feed and then sleeps again, and spends most of the morning feeding and sleeping and chilling. Well I got up at half nine and he hadn't slept yet and was sooooo overtired, when he's crying because hes tired Steve doesn't seem to get that he needs to be calmed down and hushed to sleep, so they had been playing and stuff instead - argh!! I know its because he doesn't realise, he kept saying to me I didn't keep him awake, really I didn't!! Bless. I know he means well. God I sound like such a cow, my husband takes the baby so I can get some sleep and I moan about it, you see what I mean about not having any patience?? Grrrr whats wrong with me!!!!!

Everyone has gorgeous families, beautiful kids!!!!! I still don't have a decent pic of me with Oliver, probably because I haven't looked decent since he arrived lol!!!

We are going out on Saturday night . . . . mum and dad are babysitting. The most I've left Oliver for before was about two hours and I missed him soooo much! We are going out for dinner, I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm looking forward to it but also dreading it because a) I'm leaving Oliver and b) I have nothing to wear :( I'll have to sort something out because if I leave it until Saturday I will not be able to find anything and I'll end up crying and saying that I'm not going!

Well Oliver is crying so I'd better go and see whats up . . .

so how do yo co-sleep properly? how do you stop the duvet flopping onto them etc? also, how do you make sure that they will then go into their own bed/cot and not need to share the bed with you until they are about 8!!?!

Well before we got the co sleeping cot arrangement Oliver was properly in our bed. I had a bed guard up, and used sheets rather than a duvet. Oliver slept next to me, I slept on my side facing him. I found that I was so aware oif him that I slept really well but woke up in exactly the same position as I went to sleep. Now I just have a bit more room lol!
I am hoping that I can gradually move Oliver into his own room like we would have normally. He's getting more and more used to been in his cot so at some point we'll make it into a proper cot, and then into his cot bed in his own room.

I got lots of info from the natural parenting section, and while I was nervous to begin with I love it now. Oliver wakes me up when he wakes up, so if he needs feeding I can feed him without him really waking up, so he settles really quickly. Plus I get the nicest cuddles :)

ergh men suck

im angry at your hubby amy for how he treated you!!

katie has vinny said anything else to you? what a horrible thing to say!

modo, harrison went 5 days without going for a poo when he was first born, i realised it was the SMA so swapped him to aptimal. have you tried giving him a bit of cooled boiled water during the day inbetween feed times? i find that helps and still do it now, especially whilst its warm.

amy and maybebaby, loving the pics! and sophie has the same red dress as one of your girls amy! lol sophie is the same and cant wait for harrison to be doing more, she is loving it at the mo because he is such a smiler at her, he certainly knows who she is lol someone to have fun with!

i didnt do much this weekend, i took OH out for lunch on saturday and we went mattress shopping as ours has had it. yesterday was just a chill day, i didnt feel like doing much as it was fathers day last yr nan had a stroke and sadly passed away a few days later, so we just went for a meal at marks folks.

had to take sophie to the docs today as her psoriasis has gotten worse on her face, she spent the weekend with her dad and came home this morning with it all over her face, i felt like crying for her but she wasnt bothered, i wish it would clear up tho! we have to go back tomorrow to see the doc (silly receptionist didnt listen to me and booked us with the nurse today), i wont be seeing sophie till 6ish tonight as she is going to a friends house for tea for the first time! i feel a tad nervous knowing how hyper she can lol but it does mean i can go get a shower in a minute since mr chunk is asleep, i know i should have done it this morning but i ended up putting "the time travellers wife" on that i rented out yesterday, omg sooooo sad i was blubbing like a baby.

He hasn't really said much at all, this morning he got up and said 'make me a coffee babe' which I ignored as I was feeding the baby, and then he phoned a cab and went to work and that was about it! I tried to phone him but his phones off, I'm annoyed because I need to know when I can have my money back- I lent him £900 to pay off his stock defecit in work, and I've only seen £140, most of which he's reborrowed anyway.. It was for the house though so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do!

Wow so after being mean to you he asked for a coffee :growlmad:

Something must be in the air because DH and I also argued today about how much I ask him for help! I do 80% of looking after Bobby although I don't drive and expect him to take me places. I guess he feels unappreciated.

katie - hmmm i cant believe he acted like nothing had happened and asked u 4 a coffee!!! men :wacko:

sarah - a night out sounds fab! enjoy! hope u find something 2 wear!

jo - hope sophie's psoriasis gets better soon!

owen is lying on me and laughing on his sleep! lol! must be wind or something but it sure looks like a laugh!

am already stressing about going back 2 work as OH still not found another job. looks like i'll have to go back full time in january instead of may :cry: i know it's still months away but i know how quickly the time goes :sad2: i pray something will come up b4 then.

I bought Bobby a baby Bjorn and now I am trying to figure out how is works! I can't seem to put it together and I DON'T want to ask DH for help because of our argument. GRRRR

Here is Bobby:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/bobbyfathersday.jpg

which one is it? i have an active one and it is really easy to use and assemble.

I have done it and very pleased with myself :happydance: it wasn't actually hard -- I was just annoyed!

The box says Baby Carrier Original. I hope Bobby likes it! I noticed that he likes laying down on my chest (stomach down) in the morning listening to my heartbeat. He falls asleep very quickly but I get scared because they say it increases the chance of Sids. That position seems to give him some relief from wind so I though a sling would be safer.

Bobby looks like he's getting so big! :cloud9:
I'd like a sling but Daisy is just so heavy already :dohh:

You should get one too :)
Carrying her will be great exercise then (or that's what I tell myself)!

I f*cking hate men. That's all really!
Oh and Sarah, I definitely have less patience than I used to, especially for running round after him!

Um, he said he doesn't remember saying he doesn't love me. That's such a lie! I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall sometimes..!
I really wish posts in here added to my post count, I talk so much rubbish I'd have sooo many posts :lol:

He doesnt remember? Grrrrrrrr!! Sounds soooooo much like Sreve when he's in a mood. And we would sooooo never get away with that. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Well I am annoyed, we went to Ikea for a blackout blind, Steve had Oliver in his Morph carrier from mamas and papas and half way around the bloody thing broke!!! It clips on in three places at the main point ant one of them broke, poor Oliver could have been tipped out if Steve has been leaning over. It cost just short of a hundred bloomin quid and we've had it about a month! We went straight to mamas and papas but they had just closed so we'll have to go back tomorrow. It would be annoying if anything I paid that much for broke but Oliver could have been really hurt!!! So we are going to go back tomorrow and then we'll have to find Steve a new carrier, any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->