Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Must be something in the air Sarah, Daisy was like that all day yesterday! Hope he's feeling better now :kiss:
I got a blackout blind from Argos, it's fine, although a bit gappy as I let my step brother fit it for me and he was more interested in getting ready to go out for the night :dohh: I'm going to buy liners for my curtains and hopefully that'll keep the light out with the combination of both!
Vinny offered to do the night feed, so I jumped at the chance obviously, but he's woken her up too much and she won't go back to sleep, gr. When I do it, I don't turn the lights on and don't speak to her really, and that's why she's sleeping so well, but V decided it's playtime :dohh:

Well last night was the worst night we've had in ages, goodness knows why. We're up now, as I don't want to wake Steve. I'm hoping that Oliver will settle in his sweetpeace so that oi can have a quick sofa nap!

I don't think men get the whole night time routine Katie, Kerry always chats to Alex at night.
Poor you Sarah, maybe he's having a growth spurt?
I'm meeting a friend for lunch at the beach today, can't wait x

Thanks girls. Do you have the blinds with the suction cups? Or are they the perm,
anent type?

i had blackout blinds for sophie when she was a baby, we got them from dunhelm mill in chester tho, they worked well!

katie mark is the same with any feeds that are after 9pm he will feed him burp him then decide to talk to him getting him smiling! i hav to keep saying, mark you know your waking him up and he should be nice and calm now.. he soon stops when i say if he is awake by the time i wanna go bed your staying up with him lol

sarah sorry you had such a bad night.

have fun at the beach amy!

well harrison has basically just slept since having his jabs bless him, he even fell asleep having his nappy changed yesterday lol

I've got the permanant ones Maria, just a normal roller blind!
Have fun Amy, I'm jealous, the weathers a bit rubbish here :(
jo I hope Harrisons feeling okay after his jabs :kiss: I can't believe he's so old already!
Sarah I hope Oliver goes to sleep so you can get some sleep! It's horrible when that happens isn't it, when Daisy decides not to sleep I spend the whole day praying for her to go to sleep so I can have a nap, it always makes me feel really mean! :hugs:

Sarahwoo - that is great news about the refund. Stooopid woman should have done it on the day though. Che is not overkeen on the Sweetpeace yet - hoping he will when he gets a bit bigger. Those pics of Oliver are well cute!

Maybebaby - hope you are feeling better soon

Modo - Bobby definitely looks like you OH!!

A3my - cannot believe he said you have an easy life. My DH said something similar along the lines of you are off out having lunch all the time with your friends like you used to do. I was like errrr no - we go for lunch but most the time is spent feeding or changing nappies etc!! I met up with 2 girls from NCT yesterday and over lunch between us in 3 hours we did 5 feeds and 6 nappy changes!! Yeah that's just the same as a boozy lunch with my mates!!

Katie - DH is exactly the same at bedtime. He starts trying to get Che to smile and tickles him. I don't have the heart to tell him off about it (even though I am left with the consequences) as sometimes that is the most interaction he has with Che and worried if I stop that he won't bother. Sad isn't it.

Someone mentioned about milk spots - what are they?? Che has lots of little white heads in his hair and on his face is this them?? Or are they due to the heat?

I have a friend from London, his wife and 4month old coming for lunch on their way up north today - looking forward to seeing them!

Morning All! (well almost lol!)

A3my it could be a growth spurt, I'm not sure how much quicker he can grow though :haha: I think maybe he was a bit warm. I feel okay for now but I expect I'll be tired out tonight!!

Modo ours is the perm. roller blind type :) If it works we'll put one in the nursery when he moves into there, we've been meaning to get one for our room for ages with Steve working nights!

CG I'm glad its not just Oliver who wasnt keen on the Sweetpeace - so much for been a 'Newborn Soother' lol! When it became clear he wasn;t keen I left it a while (and packed it away in the nursery again out of the way lol!) and after a wek or so I just took the seat part down stairs and used it as a rocker, which Oliver actually quite liked and would rock to sleep in etc. It was quite good as I could have it on the floor while I was on the sofa and rock it with my foot!! Then when he was used to that and a bit more alert I set the whole thing up again, but he still hates having the swinging motion on or the noise or anything. I have it quite laid back and pop him in it when hes asleep or sleepy, and he sleeps in there nicely now.

Oh, and CG it was me who mentioned the Milk Spots - that sounds like them! They get worse (all red and angry) when he's hot or upset. Oliver started off with a couple on his cheek, now they are on his cheeks, in his hair, on his neck, chest, back and a few on his arms :( They dont bother him at all and the doctor and HV both said they are nothing and will just go but his lovely baby skin is all rough :( I was advised not to use any products in his bath water etc, unless his skin gets dry and then to use Oilatum Junior bath and lotion. I hope they go soon :(

It sounds like everyone has lovely plans for today :) I have a friend coming up for tea so Oliver and I will pop out later and buy something nice :) I haven't seen her for ages, we worked together and then when I left my old job a few years ago she took over. I'm looking forward to getting all the gossip, plus she's 24 weeks pregnant.

Well I think Oliver is awake so better go . . .

Sarah Oliver is so cute and has grown lots from the avatar picture! Glad you got a refund.

Modo Bobby looks just like you OH.

Am I the only one hoping that the sun goes away? I don't mind it for me but Oliver hates it, he gets so hot as he has so much hair so I take off his clothes apart from his nappy but then he doesn't like that and I put him in a vest then he is happy again. He also has decided once he has burped that he likes to lie horizontally rather than vertically so wriggles until he is in that position, he will also take himself off my boob so I put him on my chest to wind him and he wriggles until he reaches the other boob and he tries to latch on, he kicks his legs and launches himself up to the top of his change mat lifts his head up and then rests it on top of the edge of it, often when he is put into bed he will kick and kick his covers until they come off and then he goes to sleep immediately! I could go on.....
How can an 8 week old baby know exactly what he likes and dislikes already?! Are anyone elses babies like this?

We are off to baby massage this afternoon which I am looking forward to. Not sure what to expect though. Is Oliver likely to resemble a basted turkey at the end of the session? :lol:

Have a great day everyone!

Muddles Oliverwoo (lol!) hates having covers on him at night too - he does the same, kicks and kicks until they come off! I thought he would hate his sleeping bag but he was okay, but its so warm at the moment I just have a blanket in case it gets a bit chilly, its just too warm for his sleeping bag even though its a light summer weight one. I'm trying to avoid going out in the heat of the day, we stay in with the air con on so its nice and cool. Oh, and he sooooo knows what he likes and dislikes - and makes sure we know too!!! :haha:

Enjoy baby massage!!! Where are you doing that? I have the lady from our local sure start centre popping out to see us tomorrow to tell me all about what they do etc, I was quite impressed when she called and asked if she could come out. I'd like to do baby massage if they offer it there. Now I'm getting a bit more confident with going out etc I might like to go to some kind of baby group too, we'll see :)

I just had some Hot Milk undies delivered that I ordered, they are lovely :) So pretty, I doubt they will achieve the impossible and make me feel in any way attractive but what girl doesn't like pretty undies? :)

Hey girls. I just got back from a meeting with the NCT Girls which was quite nice :) Our meetings really make me feel sane. All the babies in our group are very cute!

Oooh, i have found you all. I knew there was a thread out there that every one moved to after having their LO's but wasnt sure where. Will be nice to see how every one is doing x

Muddles Oliverwoo (lol!) hates having covers on him at night too - he does the same, kicks and kicks until they come off! I thought he would hate his sleeping bag but he was okay, but its so warm at the moment I just have a blanket in case it gets a bit chilly, its just too warm for his sleeping bag even though its a light summer weight one. I'm trying to avoid going out in the heat of the day, we stay in with the air con on so its nice and cool. Oh, and he sooooo knows what he likes and dislikes - and makes sure we know too!!! :haha:

Enjoy baby massage!!! Where are you doing that? I have the lady from our local sure start centre popping out to see us tomorrow to tell me all about what they do etc, I was quite impressed when she called and asked if she could come out. I'd like to do baby massage if they offer it there. Now I'm getting a bit more confident with going out etc I might like to go to some kind of baby group too, we'll see :)

I just had some Hot Milk undies delivered that I ordered, they are lovely :) So pretty, I doubt they will achieve the impossible and make me feel in any way attractive but what girl doesn't like pretty undies? :)

Maybe it's an Oliver thing then to make it clear who is boss and it certainly isn't mummy or daddy! :lol:

Baby massage was at the local children's centre (it is run by surestart). It was good fun and Oliver was very chilled out when he was being massaged but wanted to feed before it started and again at the end! They gave us the oil and a handout to remind you how to do it at home. It was the health visitor that told me about the class. We did the legs and bottom this week, then we do tummy and back next week. It runs for 5 sessions. I have also been to a mum and baby group there which was good.

Hello Scampie. How are things going for you?

Muddles, our children's centre does baby massage too. it's good to hear a first hand exprience. it sounds like it's worth going :thumbup:

Oh, quick question: does anyone know if i's ok to continue bf when yu have a tummy bug.I've had severe diarrhoea and stomach cramps today and don't want to pass it on to the baby.

xx

howdy everyone. sorry i've been awol for a bit. i'm so jealous about your night time routines!! izzy sleeps from about 10-1am... so far so good, but she wants to feed and fall asleep on the boob then scream when you take her off. so about an hour later she goes back down... then wakes around 4. then around 6, then if i'm lucky she'll sleep again but usually we end up having to get up. and i can't just fall asleep. it can take me up to an hour to fall asleep even though i'm shattered. so i'm a zombie... i suppose she was only 3 weeks yesterday so she's younger than your babies. did you guys have nights like this in the beginning too or do i just have a baby that doesn't like to sleep?

also am having to have my stitches checked out. they haven't healed properly and there's a kind of cavity behind one of the stitches so i've been referred to some kind of clinic but that could take months so i've had the nurse practitioner and the practice nurse and several midwives and students gawping at my bits to work out what to do... it's a bit of an open house for part of me that i used to think was private... ha.

sarah. so glad you are getting your refund. what *******s...

well i'm going to go and maybe get some kip but first i need to sort out the bank stuff while daddy is cuddling izzy and keeping her quiet :)

abz xx

Harry back to feeds at 12am and 4am grrrrr am knackered this is soooo hard with three kids defo no more for me lol

x

i really don't envy those of you with kids already. i can't imagine having to look after other children whilst being this tired!!

abz xx

hi all,

maybe it was only initial grade that Emily took but I was very proud of her. I hope she carries on with it. Holly used to have lessons too but decided to give up a while back. Emily gets the results in 2 weeks :wacko:

abz - Alex still has nights like Izzy and he's 5 weeks. i think I've had 2 good nights since he was born, where he slept for 3 hour chunks and didnt decide it was time to get up when the sun came up. sorry about your stitches - that sounds awful :hugs:

fluffpuffin - I'm sure its fine to BF when you have an upset stomach, just make sure you keep your fluids up and dont get yourself dehydrated.

muddles - baby massage sounds great!

sarah - hope the undies do the trick :) I wouldnt even dare. my poor boobs have gone from 30D to 32 G and nothing will ever make them look good again :cry::haha:

Modo - I'd love to have a group to meet up with, thankfully you ladies on here make me feel sane!!

well I had a lovely time catching up with my friend but today was just too hot for Alex, he is covered in heat rash and basically cried all day and wanted to feed constantly. poor thing, he was all sweaty and cross x

Evening ladies,

Amy.. Chloe has heat rash too, only on her face but I think it is as a result of bf where her skin comes into contact with mine. I have been using a muslin to avoid skin on skin contact and calamine lotion which seems to have helped. I'm just glad it is a bit cooler this evening!

Hi Ladies!

Not been about online for a couple of days, too tired to catch up with all your posts just now, but will do tomorrow i hope :)

OH quit his job yesterday, i'm feeling really panicky :wacko:

On the plus side Rohan is sleeping through, or has these last 3 nights (sleeps from 9pm - 6am) which is great, but wow, my boobs hurt each morning! Strangely i feel worse with the tiredness, i think my body wants me to catch up a bit now? :shrug:

Hope you're all well? I'll read these last pages properly tomorrow, big :hugs: to you all

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->