Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Katie - I really sympathise with you with the constant crying :hugs: Joni rarely has a proper nap between feeds in the day, she generally tends to have the odd 5-10min catnap and if she is not feeding she is crying the house down :sad1: she can be changed, fed, winded, a good temp and been rocked/cuddled/bounced etc and she is still unhappy. We do use a dummy with her which does help a little.

Joni's heat rash is now is all over both cheeks, her ears, behind her ears, around the back of her head and spreading down her neck and shoulders :sad1: I feel so sorry for her as prickly heat is really sore and itchy and I suspect it is contributing to her lengthy crying fits. It seems like heat rash is really common in little ones.

We both had our 8 week checks with the doctor today and the Dr prescribed some antibiotic cream for the heat rash just in case, as hubby has recently had infections due to his operation. I also had a long talk with the Dr about Joni's crying and was also prescribed some gaviscon as the Dr wondered if she is suffering from hidden infant reflux - at this stage I will try anything!!!!!! So we will see if it helps but the Dr did also say that some babies are just more highly strung than others and have this tendency to cry all the time and that they do eventually grow out of it.

Joni is still in pampers size one and the tabs still meet in the middle despite her being about 9 and a half pounds now :haha:

On the blackout blind front - we already have a blind in our bedroom as there is a streetlamp quite close to the window. However we found that Joni did not like sleeping in pitch black and actually likes a bit of light so have ended up sleeping without the blind down :rolleyes:

Muddles - I accidently spilt a bottle of expressed breast milk on the laptop and now the screen does not work :dohh:

Abz - Joni does not tend to sleep for huge periods at night. She generally goes down between 10pm-12am and will sleep for about 3-3.5 hours and after that she will wake every 2-2.5 hours for a feed.

I am on the prowl for a new sling - I am thinking maybe a close parent sling but we shall see.....

Once again sorry I have not replied to everyone - I can't wait until I get the laptop fixed!!!

Joni's next feed is a bottle of EBM with her Dada so I am off to express tomorrow nights bottle-worth.

I can't remember anything I just read.. :dohh:
after meeting Millie, my friends premmie, the other day and then being in the womens yesterday to register the baby, I felt sooo broody! Seeing all those pregnant ladies and people leaving with newborns, and then helping my sister write a list of what she needs to buy made me go a bit mad :lol: Luckily my sanity has returned, and I've remembered why Daisy is very likely to be an only child!
It's soo hot already, we were planning to go shopping today for some clothes for me, but I'm not sure about taking Dsidy to town in this heat? I mean, she'd be in her pram under the parasol, so maybe I'm being silly, but I just think if she's already cranky with the heat she's just going to get worse!

muddles - owen is like that. if i have him in an upright position and wants to feed he'll try and throw himself down towards my breast :haha:

sarah - :yipee: for nice undies! i have none that fit :rofl:

abz - i still have some nights like that :tired:

fluffpuffin - i had bad stomach cramps and diahorrea (sp?) and i carried on bf and owen was fine.

katie - put her in just a bodysuit. it was 32degrees here yesterday and owen was ok like that so long as he was in the shade. just make sure she is covered by the pram hood and parasol.

hope you all have a great day. the sun is shining so i may head into town in a bit. have to take back some shoes i bought for erin when she wasnt with me so i bought two sizes so i have to take the smaller size back. oh and i have to get owen's E111 medical card sorted now that i have finally picked up his birth certificate and ID card, both of which you need to get the E111 card.

Abz, we had a lot of bad nights in the beginning, although touch wood, our bad nights are nothing to some peoples. I'm not sure if it's due to her size as she's taken 4oz+ since birth really!

Sarah, I can't imagine ever feeling attractive enough to wear nice underwear.. I'm still in granny knickers as anything else irritates the 'place where my stitches should be'!
I need to book an appointment for my 6 week check.. Although it's likely to be closer to 8 weeks as there's only one woman doctor, and I'm not having my bits looked at by the man I've seen for coughs and colds since I was 4 :lol:

It seems to be normal some places here too! Ive only been told 6 weeks though :shrug:

Getting there, I think! Still really sore when I walk far, and I think the tear is healing funny because (tmi!) it feels spiky when I'm walking round! Unless that's my internal organs coming out.. :lol:

hi everyone. gutted because i didn't even notice that wimbledon had started. ha. sleep deprivation is going to rise to a whole new level now i'm going to be trying to watch it. anyone know when murray is next playing?

off to midwife at 2. may see if this little lady will let me sleep for an hour or so first...

soooooooooo tired :(

do u ever feel like ur raising ur child alone?? i feel like im doin all the work lol

i think i have a bit of that depression :(

Hi everyone,

Janny - I know how you feel - I had a few down days in the first few weeks. Try to nap when he naps, I think sleep depravation can really make you feel low :hugs: hope you feel better soon.

Kate - i need to book my appt too, I never bothered when I had the girls :haha:

doh I cant remember anything I was going to say! Alex had a great night last night and I think the sleep has sent me doolally. My brain isnt used to it!

I'm off to the beach again. Its not so hot today so I hope I can keep Alex cooler. Have a lovely afternoon ladies xx

Janny, I still have days where I suspect I've got PND. Generally it's when the baby spends all day screaming, I haven't had enough sleep and I haven't been out for a day or two. Are you getting out much? It sounds stupid but just getting out for a walk makes me feel so much better :hugs:. As for feeling like you're doing it alone, I'm the same. I spoke to (read 'shouted at') V about it the other day though and he's been a lot better!
Amy, have fun at the beach! We're just waiting for Vinny to get in and then we're going shopping :happydance:

i have been told that pnd can strike up to a year after giving birth. i feel low and exasperated sometimes. i just hope i can catch up on some sleep this weekend. since izzy doesn't like a bottle the mw told me to try expressing and cup feeding so we are going to try that next so daddy can do the odd feed. i have had much less sleep since thomas went back to work.

abz xx

katie - i hope your stitches prove to be ok when they assess you. my friend has a skin tag which means she needs surgery on it. bloody stitches!

janny - :hugs: it can feel like that sometimes for most women i think. katie is right that getting out for a bit can help.

amy - have a good time at the beach.

abz - hope you get some sleep. do you feed lying down? it's a good way to get some rest yourself.

just come back from morissons and feeding owen. then i have cleaning and ironing to do! fun. dylan has a bday party to go to from 7-9pm. v late for a 4yr old's party i think! :wacko:

Janny when Oliver was about two weeks old I sat and cried. my H asked what was wrong and I explained that I felt like I was doing everything myself and was finding it hard. He said he had no idea I was struggling as he thought I was doing a brilliant job. He also said he was a bit nervous as I seemed to know exactly what to do and he was scared that Oliver would cry and he wouldn't know how to fix him. Since then he has been fab, have a chat with your OH, he may have no idea what to do.

Katie I'd just put Daisy in a vest in her pram and keep the sun off her with the parasol. I've been out and about with O in the sun and other than feeding him more often he was fine and loved being nosey and having random people look into his pram and talk to him. He was smiling away at them and kind of does this thing where it looks like he is laughing but no sound comes out. Just saw your post about getting out of the house- I HAVE to get out every day or I go insane. My Mum said I was like this as a child too. We have been going for a walk/to a baby group/meeting a friend every day though O wont really sleep when we are out so need to either go out in the morning or the afternoon so he can have a good nap at home at some point during the day (he sleeps in his pram at home so not sure why he doesn't sleep when I go out with him in it).

Frufru that sounds like the kind of thing I'd do to the laptop. How annoying, all your hard work pumping it out and then its lost. :(

abz during the night I try to get to Oliver as soon as he starts to make noises (he follows the same pattern-wriggling and trying to put his thumb in his mouth, making little noises, angry legs and arms followed by crying. If he gets to the crying stage before I pick him up and feed him then he takes far longer to go back to sleep. We also don't put any lights on, other than a little night light so I can see what I am cleaning when I do his nappy. It's still early days for you, and me really. O has gradually chosen to go to sleep earlier and sleep for longer, we have done nothing other than the above. He is and always will be picked up if he cries.

fluffpuffin I'm pretty sure that you can bf when you have a tummy bug. May be worth asking in the bf section as there are some good people in there who seem to know everything you need to know!

Hi to everyone else.

i never got the hang of feeding lying down. never seemed to be able to get me, boob and baby in the right places :S

so pissed off with mil. yesterday it was 'why dont you give him formula?' erm coz bf is going really well :wacko: and today dylan is off to the party and he wanted to wear beach sandals and i said no so he of course threw a strop and mil was 'just let him wear them' erm no coz they are completely the wrong colour, and are scabby and i dont want him to. of course he latched on to the fact that she was on his side so cried even louder. mil was well pissed off that i wasnt backing down. in the end he changed his shoes. i asked him if he wanted gel in his hair and he said so i put it on and she grumbled that he looked like a hedgehog! then dylan wouldnt keep still so i shouted at him to keep still and of course as she was there as an audience he started to cry and she said that i poked him in the eye!!!!! like hello, my fingers are in his hair. and she had the cheek to say she was going before she strangled me :grr::grr::grr: after yesterday with her telling me i have to give formula this was the final straw! it takes an awful lot to wind me up and she did it in 10mins!

sorry rant over!

Oh she sounds like a nightmare!! You've got more patience than me, I would have kicked her out.. Grrr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->