Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Bobby scared us earlier :( he started crying non-stop and nothing would calm him not the bouncy chair or being rocked :( My DH eventually took him in the car and eventually he quietened down. I called my surgery and they agreed to see him but by then he seemed to be calmer and actually smiled in the consulting room. The Dr said that he was probably experiencing pain at the injection site and to keep giving him calpol. He took his temp which was about 37.1 but this has since gone up to 37.9 since we have been home. I have given him more calpol and am trying to stay calm and relaxed.

I guess I was worried because I have never heard him cry so loud before :(

aww bless him modo, i remember when sophie was the same, it was a good 3 hours of non stop crying and nothing would calm her, i had to sit outside to cool her down (it was night time) bare in mind it was around February time so not the warmest of nights but it was the only thing i could do, of course i had a blanket around it but eventually it stopped. i think it was really bad gripe pains she had but omg i can remember the squeels like it was yesterday.

well ive been home about half an hr after a lovely meal out with mark, i had 1 glass of red wine and actually felt tipsy! il be a cheap date tomorrow night thats for sure, marks said he is looking forward to it if tonight was anything to go by because im saying the daftest things... i dont think its true! lol

Jolou when we were at Penn & Teller I had a G&T and felt tipsy lol!!

Modo :hugs: I hope Bobby is okay now. When Oliver had his vaccinations he cried a few times that day for no real reason and it was a horrible cry, not like his normal one. He would be asleep and then just start screaming, but he would stop when I picked him up. He got a bit warm but Calpol sorted him out. I hope he's back to his normal self tomorrow :hugs:

I think I might get the Davina DVD, Steve got me the Tracey Anderson Method DVD so I'm hoping to try that tomorrow - she's a personal trainer to the stars lol, we'll see how it goes. I was talking to my mum about it and she was saying that when you're breastfeeding you body can store fat, to protect your supply. I think thats what I'm doing :(

modo - :hugs: hope bobby is better!

hope&faith - nice to hear from you!

marta - sounds like i need a trip to china as i have 10kg to lose! (just under 2 stone) :dohh:

jo - glad you had a nice birthday!

sarah - glad you had a nice time in london! I m so jealous! i so want a trip to london but the cheapest i have found so far is £2000 for flights and accommodation for 5 nights. add on spending money and that'll be £3000-£4000 which we cant justify until OH finds a new job!

katie - hope u r doing ok :hugs:

Muddles to answer your questions:
Those of you who don't use grobags what do you use on your baby in their cot?

owen wears a bodysuit and i cover him with a sheet which he tends to kick off but i will be using grobags in colder weather.

What do you all do with your baby during an average week?

Go to the beach a couple of times. go to town with my mum or some friends. i meet a couple of friends on a wednesday for lunch and a chat.

How do you entertain your baby?

Owen likes his take along swing and rainforest bouncer. he likes 'talking' to others. i hung some of those link-a-doos from the hood of his pram and he likes to look at them.

we were supposed to be going to a party in a soft play area in spain today but it is a really crap time (12-2) and owen is due a feed about 11-12 so we wouldnt leave til after that so we wont get there on time, plus there will probably be at least a 30-60min queue to get across the border. just not time well spent! why she has had to do the party there instead of here in gibraltar is beyond me. seems to me people just seem to want to outdo others when it comes to parties. with a 2 month old baby it's just a logisitical nightmare to be tied down to such a small time frame. we will probably go to the beach.

those of you who give ebm in a bottle how many oz do your babies take? i left owen with OH and MIL and he took 6 1/2 oz. does that sound about right?

off to do some housework. OH still in bed. do you think i should throw a bucket of water over him? :haha:

throw the bucket of water! :)

im off to meet my mum and aunt today with harrison, sophie is with her dad this weekend and mark has gone to some speed thing in cheshire with his parents, sis and her new boyfriend, i was asked to go but it sounded like my idea of hell lol plus it would have been too noisy, i was going to stay in and now wish i hadnt agreed to meet up today as the weather is pants, ahh well i have some money left over from my birthday after buying some ghd's so i might treat myself to some nice jewellery or a pair of shoes. I do need a pair of jeans but i reallly dont want to buy any since im loosing wait but i might have to since my maternity ones look daft now lol

Bobby slept through the night but it was probably the calpol. I didn't get much sleep though because I kept waking up to check on him. He is doing better today having more milk and more smiley. He is swaddled and having a nap in his crib which I am so happy about :happydance:

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday :kiss:

we're going out food shopping in a bit! fun!!! :haha: have no food in the flat so has 2b done!

Morning All!

Hope your shopping went well MaybeBaby . . . I really need to do a food shop too but I'm not brave enough to go on my own with Oliver!

We're just having a quiet day here, might go out this afternoon when Steve gets up. Oliver is napping :)

I'm trying to think of something to do on Tuesday, Steve is working the afternoon shift and my parents are on holiday so I'm at a bit of a loose end and dont just want to stay home. I'm thinking about taking Oliver to the White Rose centre, its not great but I haven't taken him any where like that on my own yet. In fast I haven't taken him in the car on my own yet, so I thought that might be good place to start? My friends are all working or busy :( but still it might be nice :) We'll see.

Anyone else got any plans for today?

I did my Tracey Anderson DVD yesterday, its soooo good! I love it! Its all mat work really rather than cardio, which is what I wanted. I can actually feel my abs aching today - so they are still there!! Yay!! Its an hour long and you are soposed to do it 5-6 times a week, I did half of it with Oliver asleep, then he woke up and had a nappy change and I did the rest with him on his mat looking at me like I'm a looney :) Think I might go and do todays session actually, while Oliver is asleep!

well morning! i have a slight hangover.... naughty mummy!

we went out last night and i had a great time, i was looking forward to spending a good couple of hours getting ready nice and calmly but harrison had other ideas once we got home from mums, so i had about 45 minutes and ended up rushing about! paying for it today as i have a massive hangover but mark didnt drink so he is in charge of the little man today.

off out for lunch now with mark, his parents and his sis and new beau!

I was wondering how long do your babies sleep between feeds during the day? Bobby seems to sleep for about half an hour. He still seems sleepy afterward (rubbing his eyes) but has a hard time settling.

Jolou glad you had a good night out, hope the hang over is worth it lol!!

Modo Oliver sleeps for an average of about 30 mins for his daytime naps in the house - sometimes longer and sometimes shorter. If we are out though he sleeps for much longer or not at all!! When we drove to London he slept for three hours, woke up for half an hour and then slept for another hour!! So he always seems to sleep in the car :)

Hi everyone! I havent been on for a bit, it was Holly's birthday last week and I was organising the party etc. She had a lovely time though :)

so here are my catch up posts!

emera - I agree, when you have good days its great and you feel so in control, I wish I had more :haha:

Jolou - Alex is much better now thanks, hope you had a lovely birthday :hugs:

muddles - I love the idea that Alex smiled after his tongue tie snip becasue he had forgiven me :hugs: Alex just sleeps in his babygro or vest and I tuck a sheet over the bottom half of his body. I've got him some baby books with black and white patterns that he loves to look at.

maybe and muddles - well done for growing your boys so well! Alex is 12lbs and I thought that was heavy :haha:

sarah - I know how you feel about wanting to get fit again. I took the girls to the park today and we played running races, they both beat me :( and I died running about 100m! I used to run 5 miles three times a week :cry: but we should be proud that our bodies grew such bootiful boys!

modo- I'm glad Bobby was OK in the end. Alex has his jabs on Tuesday. I am really worried about it, Emily reacted really badly to her first ones and they said it was the pertusses bit and cut that out for her 2nd and 3rd lots and then Holly didnt have it either. I dont want Alex to have it :(

sorry if I have missed anyone out, hope you are all feeling good xx

Can any of you help please:

https://www.babyandbump.com/breastfeeding/373238-growth-spurt-illness-help-please.html

muddles - oh yeah, he has grown. I think I have whipped cream instead of milk in my breasts. We'll be goin to doctors tomorrow so then I can tell you how big he is. He likes going to the sea. Starts making faces when I put him into water but when he realizes that is water he calms down and enjoys.

That Tracey Anderson DVD is some training DVD? I have done some exercises on my own. After giving birth I wanted to start with running as soon as possible but didn't had any time when I thought it's right time. I'm thinking of starting again the week after next week. Then I should have a bit more time.

Next week is my birthday. I wont be doing anything big on that day but in the weekend I'm going out with DH and friends. My parents will be keeping an eye on kids and I can finally drink all the stuff you guys talked about while being preg. I can't wait for good mojito :happydance:

Tomorrow morning my godfathers' wife is going to have a massage and iss bringig her baby here. I will have 2 two-months-old babies to deal with and after that I'll go to doctors appt with mine.

Muddles, I've replied to your post, wish I could be more help!

Marta Yep the Tracy Anderson DVD is a toning / mat work DVD, the one I've got is specific for post-natal ladies so there is a LOT of work on the abs etc - ouch! Its very good though, hard work and I can't do it all yet but she explains that thats quite normal, I just try my hardest each time :) She also does some 'normal' DVD's which I've ordered today, one cardio and one mat work, so when I get more used to my post-natal one I can alternate with the others. She's really, really good - I feel so bad about my figure at the moment so I hope they work, along with healthy eating. I'm just a bit worried about getting too carried away, I have a history of getting a bit obsessed when I want to loose weight so I'm having to keep a close eye on myself as I'd hate it to affect my breast feeding.

We had a quiet day in today, I just took Oliver for a nice walk in his sling to get some fresh air. He loves to look around while we're walking, its so cute!!

I decided the other day to have one last try at getting Oliver to nap in his moses basket. I've tried at various points since he was born and he always wakes up as soon as I put him in it and cries like mad, but I can put him in his swing etc and he'll stay asleep. I was a bit gutted that I have a gorgeous moses basket and stand that we have just never used! So I set it up in the living room yesterday and started putting him down in it - firstly when he was wide awake just for a look, I stayed with him and talked to him, got him smiling etc. They today I popped him in when he started looking tired, and just left him to it, and he went to sleep! He's back in there now and is having another nap! I'm so pleased, even though he'd almost outgrown the damn thing now lol! But I do think he naps better in there, and I am tempted to set his proper cotbed up in a month or so and see if I can get him to take his daytime naps in the nursery. Is this a good idea or not, any ideas? I want to keep him co-sleeping with us at night (for now) but he can't nap in there in the daytime as with Steve working nights he's in bed. Would it be okay to do daytime naps in his own room? (with the monitor on of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->