Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Evening!

Katie thats fab, well done! And yay for weighing less than you thought too :) You look amazing in your Avatar!!

MaybeBaby I adore M&S food, I do most of our food shopping there I'm ashamed to say . . . costs waaaaay too much!! Then I go to Asda for the boring stuff :haha:

PG Steve is 41 so I think thats partly why he doesn't want to hang around before we TTC again. Some days I don't even want to consider it, other days I get all broody lol!! I want a year to 'recover' really though. But I would like a bigger house, and closer to my parents, first.

I think I'm turning into one of those pushchair obsessed mummys. I have a Silver Cross 3D which I love, Oliver has outgrown the pram bit so I just use the car seat on the base. I want to use the pushchair soon but it doesn't do parent facing, and I want to look at my little Oliver!! So I was looking at getting a Loola Up which I looked at before we got the 3D . . . then I found out that the ICandy Cherry does parent facing and now I want one of those. I REALLY want one. Argh!!!!!!!!!!! I need to come up with lots of really good reasons why a) I NEED another pushchair and b) I NEED an ICandy cherry!!!! I'll even be happy with an e-bay one. I just need to get my case together before I tell Steve!!! :haha: So far I can only come up with wanting parent facing and if we had two pushchairs we could have one in each car. Thats a really crap reason though lol!! Any ideas?

I spoke to my mum earlier, they are on hols and had seen a baby vest with 'I saw it, wanted it, threw a tantrum, got it' written on it - I should get one for Oliver and a t-shirt for me!!!! :haha:

Bobby was a lot less cranky today and DH and I took him to Pizza Express where we had some lunch. He started crying towards the end but only because he was so tired. He is still extra sleepy from the vaccines but otherwise fine. My Mom will be back from her holidays tom so we will be visiting her after my exercise class and I will be seeing the dermetologist about my stupid pregnancy rash (yes I STILL have it :growlmad:)

I am going to give Bobby his final feed for tonight and hope he will sleep through till tom (I am trying to replace his 3am feed with an 11pm one).

Goodnight :kiss:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H&F: We won't be TTC for another 3-4 years as we would like a bit of a gap between kids. Plus we are enjoying Bobby!

Bobby generally sleeps from 8.30pm-3.30pm when he has a dream feed and goes back down till 6.30/7am.

Katie: Good luck hon! 2lbs is a good start and I am glad you weigh less than you though. I am starting a postnatal exercise class tomorrow where babies are welcome and will be taking Bobby (apparently Babies lay on a mat next to their Moms and watch you excersise :)). I also really want to lose some weight.

PG: Glad Chloe behaved at the wedding!

Sarah: We have an Icandy cherry and they are pretty great! Although Bobby is outgrowing the pram bit which has got me worrying.

Argh, apparently you cant use the icandy cherry seat until 6 months. Damn it!!

Oh I really really want a Bugaboo Chameleon in sand.. :blush: I've fallen in love! The woman who lives opposite me has one and I have major pram envy! I can't justify it though :nope:

Oh and does the Apple do parent facing? Because I'm pretty sure it converts into a double and I think you could get round him that way ;)

I'm glad its not just me lol!!!

The cherry seat must be fine before 6 months surely . . . . I thought as soon as they could hold their head up a pushchair was okay, it reclines and stuff. I don't see how its different for me to use that one or the 3D? Mmmmm, might go and look at them, though I had a very quick look in John Lewis before Oliver was born and loved them - it was a very quick look because Steve dragged me away lol!!

Katie I can't really justify it either, but I WANT ONE!!

Off to see what a Bugaboo Chameleon in sand looks like . . . .

And I justified my £900 of M&P Ultima by saying I wouldn't need another pram until I get an umbrella fold one next summer.. Oops! I think I lied!

I have the icandy apple and it does convert into a double! I bought it primarily because you can have the pushchair facing both ways! It recommends using the pram until six months and then the pushchair and because Chloe is small I suspect that that will be about right for her :)

hey ladies!

katie 2llb is good weight loss for ur first week! when i re-joined weight watchers i lost 3 1/2llbs but its slowed down now, been going 5 weeks and ive only lost 8 1/2 llb, annoying as it is its best to do it slowly as it stays off better that way!

as for ttc next one, that wont be happening at all lol we are very happy with the 2! :)

harrison has his 12 week jabs this week, not looking forward to it as he has been really niggly for the last few days, im actually wondering if he is teething or something because his hands are permanently in his mouth and he makes proper fighting noises with them, he managed to get a whole fist in his mouth! its either teething or he is wanting something else other than milk... i had a biscuit the other day and he spat his dummy out and watched me eat it.. i felt sooo guilty!

we have borrowed a friends bumbo seat for him aswell, its a tad girly in purple but who cares! its free! he loves it, i dont keep him in longer than a couple of minutes at a time but my god when he is in it he smiles away and looks as if the only thing missing is the remote for the tv and a bottle of beer!

Ohh, think my OH would go nuts if i started talking about another pushchair at this point :wacko: luckily i love mine, so phew! :D

H&F we've decided to start ttc in january 2011! seems really soon actually, but basically we were 6 years ttc Rohan, it got well beyond the exciting part, to both of us getting really depressed and nearly getting divorced at one point as we were both so miserable. So the plan is to stop using contraception in january and see what happens :)i'd love a 2 year gap as a maximum, but i'll just be thrilled if we get another BFP, whenever that might be :)

Well done with the weight loss girls! Wish i could say i was doing well, but i've not lost anything since after the birth it seems....ah well at least i haven't gained anything either :( Probably less cake would help me a bit in that respect :haha:

I'm going totally stir crazy as i've really hurt my back so i can barely walk, i'm basically stuck in the house. The doctor has given me a disturbing mix of painkillers which make me feel really funny, but at least i can lift Roh up. Really sucks this, i've no idea what to do about it except keep taking the pills and hope it gets better....

Well, sat here desperately trying to express enough for Roh's bottle tomorrow evening, he's been increasing what he takes gradually and is now demanding about 7oz a night! Any more and i won't be able to express enough :wacko: hungry little beastie he is :D

Google pip converter :) you'll love me again! xx

Fantastic!!! God your good!

Now I just need to pick my moment with Steve lol!

Ladies with icandys, can I be cheeky and ask how much they were? Only if you don't mind of course!

Sarah.. I am feeding Chloe at the mo but I still have the receipts for the pram so I'll pop back on here in bit and let you know what we spent!

The experiment failed Bobby woke up at 4am :(

Sarah we spent £600 on our icandy cherry but that included everything including the carrycot stroller and carseat.

Thanks ladies!

I do love my 3D but when I get a bee in my bonnet and want something, well I have to have it lol!! :dohh:

I mentioned to Steve this morning when he came to bed that its a shame the 3D doesn't do parent facing in pushchair mode . . . he said that Oliver would rather be looking where he's going. Hmmm, might be harder than I thought! He'd obviously rather be looking at his mama :haha: This might take longer than I thought!

hehehe sarah, i didnt have a parent facing one with sophie and she was ok but i couldnt see what she was doing so didnt like it too much.. altho she was happy enough going past everyone saying "hiya, hiya, hiya" lol this time i have the ultima which can go parent facing :D

well im st here feeding mr chunky mnkey and he has fallen asleep and making it impossible to move or burp him... he has been so grumpy the last few days i want to let him sleep but whyyy could he have not waited till i had winded him and he could lay in his cot or on the sofa!

oo and i have just bought EA sports active for the wii (think its the name!) apparently its ment to be really good and comes with resistant bands, i got it for £13.99 so a bargain since when it first came out it was around £40.. think its because there is a new one coming out soon but who cares! lets hope it works!

That sounds like a bargain Jolou!!!

Oliver is been such a grump today, he was a bit like it yesterday, no idea whats wrong. He's not got a temp etc - the only thing thats a big unusual is thats its a few days since he last had a poo so I'm wondering if its that? He's finally dropped off fo a nap now, hopefully he'll sleep for more than ten mins this time. Poor little fella.

I've decided not to go out today, I was thinking about going to the White Rose centre just for a wonder but the weather is awful - so I think we'll just stay home. I don't want to struggle getting eerything in and out of the car in the rain. Steve is off for two days after today so we'll be out and about then :) Plus I got paid today - Mat pay is painful lol!!! I haven't got used to asking for spending money yet :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->