Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Bobby has been fussy this weekend. I guess it must be the vaccines :( He has times when he is smiley and happy but he has been extra fussy and fighting sleep. When will he go back to normal girls? Does anyone have a clue?

I am dreading his 12 week vaccines already :(

Sarah: Bobby used to also fall asleep in his bouncy chair all the time but I worried about the quality of sleep he was getting. So I started putting him down in the moses basket in our bedroom (I had the baby monitor on) but this was hit and miss. So I started swaddling him and this worked.

With the cotbed I had more trouble. I also wanted him to nap there so he could start getting used to his nursery for when he eventually moves there. As soon as I put him down (whether swaddled or not) he would scream and I would give up. After doing some research it seems that babies initially find the cotbed to be too big. So I rolled up two blankets and placed them in the bed on his left and right. He now sleeps there for about 30 mins to 1 hour sometimes.

sarah - well done on getting oliver to nap in his moses basket! :yipee: i dont think there's any harm in trying to get him to nap in his cotbed. i have done the rolled up blanket thing like modo and it does help sometimes. most of the time i just put him in the pram or his swing or bouncer. once he falls asleep i dont dare move him!

modo - owen has been a nightmare today, he has hardly slept! we were at my in laws and my MIL said to me that i should give him a bottle of formula and that would sort him out! erm no! i have nothing against ff but i hardly feel that my breastmilk is inadequate seeing as my 8wk old baby weighs 13lbs 8oz!!! anyway that was off topic, i guess somtimes they can be more niggly. it is really hot here so i think that may be the problem! also i think as they get older they get more nosey and interested in what is going on around them so that's why they fight sleep. owen is in his bouncer and i am rocking it with my foot and he finally seems to be nodding off! thank god! what a day! evry time i put him down he's just wake up!

arrghh, hubby is watching The Crazies and I'm scared :wacko:

modo - I think it can last up to a week. but as I said my eldest was a bit like that and they said it was the pertussis (cant spell - I mean the whooping cough portion) of the vaccine. Make sure you tell the doctor how he was when you go for the 12 week ones. I hope Bobby is back to himself soon :hugs:

maybebaby- well said lady :) Owen is thriving on your booby milk :thumbup:

sarah - well done for being so sensible about the weight loss. I know its hard. I lost the weight too quick when I had Holly and my milk all but dried up. It was awful. I did manage to get it back but its not worth it :hugs: I bet you are a yummy mummy anyway!

marta - whipped cream :haha: I like it!

i have had a cup of tea with 6 chocolate filled sandwich biscuits :blush: wish i had sarah's willpower!

Morning Ladies!

Well I have just had the best night sleep ever! Amy went down at 8, had a 'dream' feed at 10.30 where she woke up and was so excited i thoiught she would never go back down! but 5 mins later she was fast asleep and she is only just waking up now! fingers crossed she is settling into her own routine!

How is everyone? Just a quick question has anyone thought about trying for the next one and how long you will leave it before TTC again?

h&f - wow i am so jealous! what a good night! :thumbup: on the ttc question i dont think we will be ttc again though that makes me sad as i cant imagine not having a newborn again :cry: dylan was 1yr old when we ttc erin (got pregnant straight away) and erin was 1 1/2 when we ttc owen (but took a few months)

I would have had those biscuits too MaybyBaby :haha:

H&F congrats on a good night!! Oliver was pretty good too, kind of lol! We went to bed at ten, he woke up at half two, quick feed and back to sleep, them slept until 5.30, quick feed again but decided it was time to get up! Luckily he went back to sleep in is moses basket downstairs so I got another hour on the sofa :)

We just had a walk into town, its sooooo warm! I just bought a few bits, some food from M&S, a few bits on Boots and some baby socks - Oliver seems to have big feet like his dad lol so most of his socks dont fit!! Oliver was very well behaved, I was very pleased with him :)

Not sure what we're doing this afternoon, could do with a trip to Asda really when Steve gets up . . . we'll see!

Oh, and H&F, to answer your questions re TTC. I'm not sure really, Steve always said he wants two close together, but now Oliver is here I'm not so sure. I want to make the most of him, does that make sence? We could really do with a bigger house before we have another baby, so maybe when Oliver is one we'll think about it? I know this sounds funny but I had such an easy pregnancy and birth I almost think I'd be pushing my luck having another baby, like because this one went so well the next will be awful!

ooh sarah i love m&s food! our m&s only has a tiny section though!

have been at the biscuits again :blush: am never going to lose this weight! am hoping that all the housework i'm doing in the 30degree heat today will burn of some of thr calories though! :haha: taking a break to feed owen now.

OMG am sweating like a pig from sweeping and mopping up. i need a shower but have mopped myself into a corner and waiting for the floor to dry before i can move. only have bedrooms left to do thank god!

Hi ladies :kiss: Hope you're all okay!
The weightloss thing, I joined Slimming World last Monday and it's my first weigh in tonight, eek.. I've got nearly FOUR stone to lose :shock:
TTC number 2- very very very far in the future, if ever.
I'll come back and write more after I've ben weighed :)

Alex still wakes 2 hrly all night :cry: Emily and Holly were the same! Maybe my milk is too watery :haha:

We wont be ttc :( none of mine were planned, I feel sad I'll never know what its like to go through ttc, the excitement of trying and the BFP :(

my god its hot here too - maybebaby dont give yourself heat stroke! my head is pounding becasue the air con has broken in my car. really bad timing as we are off on holiday next week to France. we're camping and its at least an 8 hr drive to get there!

Katie - good luck at the weigh in :hugs:

amy owen wants feeding often too. sometimes he goes 4hrs like 11-3am. the only times he has slept longer is when he's fallen asleep in his bouncer or swing at arund 11pm and then if i have left him there he has sometimes slept 5-6hrs for some reason! i'm worried it's not good for him so hav only allowed him to stay there on 3 occassions.

Evening ladies!! Just back from a family wedding at the wknd and although Chloe was a little angel I am shattered!!

We are going to ttc within the year mainly because I am 37 this year (argh!!!) and want a brother or sister for Chloe before it is too late!!

Right going to pop back over the last few pages and catch up properly!! :)

I only lost 2lbs :(
On the plus side, I can't read and thought I was 12st 10 last week, when really I was 12st 1. And now I'm out of the 12s, I'm never ever going back up there again!
I KNOW. If I ever have another baby, I won't use it as an excuse to eat whatever I want!

Katie... I'm on week three of WW and have lost 2lbs each week and have been chuffed to bits! 2lb is a good loss so stick with it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->