Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

owen is still asleep on his tummy. i feel bad letting him do that coz of cot death but he sleeps so much better. i still wont let him sleep that way at night tho. do any of your babies nap better on their tummy?

MaybeBaby Oliver sleeps in any position lol, I haven't really tried him on his tummy unless he's laid on me. Oh, and there is SUCH a big choice when it comes to reusables, its sooooo confusing when you haven't got a clue :haha:

Oliver got weighed this morning and now weighs 13lb 11oz :) He was so good too, little super star :cloud9:

Well I have no plans for today now, Oliver is just in his moses basket playing with his little toy arch thing. He's tired so I'm hoping he'll drop off to sleep in a minute.

Does anyone have any nice plans for the weekend?

x

Oh, and we had the best night last night - Oliver slept from 11pm until 5am! He then had a 10 minute feed and went back to sleep for another 3 hours! Woo hoo! I think it was probably a fluke but even if its just every now and then it was very nice :)

i keep meaning to post some pics of the kids so here are some....

Attachments

• 408.jpg
    408.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4
  • 409.jpg
    409.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 410.jpg
    410.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 411.jpg
    411.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 412.jpg
    412.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 5
and one more! the 1st one i have managed to capture of owen smiling!

Attachments

• 413.jpg
    413.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
sarah - what a great night! :thumbup:

no plans for the weekend yet apart from a kiddy 2nd bday party tomorrow at 11am :wacko: strange time! just made cookies with the kids and going to clean up a bit if the kids allow it! taking a break from the beach as erin contracted an eye infection. it was oozing green pus! :sick: put some stuff in it yesterday and it's much better though!

Gorgeous pics MaybeBaby! I love little paddling pool lol!

evening all, shesh its warm here!

Thanks for your birthday wishes, I had a lovely afternoon at the beach yesterday with the girls and Alex.

Maybebaby - yes we must have been in the same school year, it seems a long time ago now :haha: your children are gorgeous, I really love the picture of them all asleep in the car, especially as Dlyan is holding Owen's hand - so cute! I wouldnt worry about Owen sleeping on his front in the day, after all thats how they used to say they had to sleep back in my mums day!

emera and sarah - you are both very good using/thinking of using re-usable nappies. I have to admit I am too lazy :blush: I cant even keep up with the clothes washing :blush:

hey everyone. sorry i haven't been around in forever. so here's an update.

my mum is still in hospital. she hates them as she has been in and out of them all her life with her heart valve and had major heart surgery three times as a child. so she's rather grumpy :) she's fine but they've had problems getting her blood to get to the right consistency, she has fluid in one of her lungs due to one being broken and several fractured so she isn't breathing deeply. she's had an infection in one of the wounds on her head, but the stitches are out of her major head wound, as is the drain, she's finally off all her drips and things, her bumps and bruises are going down. she's pissed off with the neck collar she has to wear for the next few months for her fractured vertebrae but all in all she's fine. one very bloody lucky lady!!

me and izzy are doing well. we don't get out all that much. but we do go out. it's so ruddy hot!! she spends the majority of her time just in a nappy and that's all she's been sleeping in for a while too as our bedroom keeps hitting over 30 degrees!! she's growing well and weighed in at 8lb 13 at six weeks so she's probably surpassed 9lbs now :) i know that sounds small to all of you but she looks huge to me, ha. she's starting to smile at me when i smile at her too. it's fabulous. and she talks to me too. of course she always does all this and wants to play when i mostly want to go to sleep, ha. such is life :)

i haven't had chance to catch up properly. katie, i know you were going through some stuff so i hope you are ok honey?

howdy to everyone else and if a concise update on everyone is available i would be most grateful, ha.

loads of love to everyone.

abz xx

Too tired to do a proper post but Abz I'm so glad your mum is on the mend xxxx and it sounds like Izzy is doing great!
Lovely pics maybebaby x
My house is finally nearly painted. Still a very long way to go until it looks how I want it to, and still gutted I can't wallpaper, but I'll be moving soon!

Abz I'm so glad that your mum is on the mend, sounds like she is very lucky indeed! Hopefully she'll be back on her feet soon :)

Katie soooo excited for you! I bet you can't wait to move in now, remember we want pics! Its cool that you are allowed to paint etc with it been rental :) Will this be the first time you've moved out of your parents? I rented a flat in Leeds when I first moved out, I loved it! I was at Uni befiore that but its different getting somewhere on yiur own.

Well Oliver went to sleep just after ten last night and has only just woken for a feed! So he's gone seven hours! And now he's asleep again! I woke up a few times to check on him, but still had a fab sleep! Hopefully this is going to become a habit - for three nights now he's done well, sleeping in much bigger blocks than normal. Woo hoo!

I never want to see magnolia again! I'm taking painting to the extreme and painting tiles in the bathroom ha.. I'll see how it looks before I promise pics I think! :lol:
The bathroom is downstairs, ew! I lived in an apartment with Vinny for a few months but came back here after a while :lol: so this is going to be my first real moving out! Im nervous!
Glad Oliver is doing so well with his sleep :)

abz - glad your mum is on the mend!

katie - glad that you are making progress on the house front!

sarah - glad oliver is doing so well sleep-wise. i hope owen will turn a corner soon! i ad all 3 of the kids waking up the last 2 nights :dohh: in need of some :sleep: desperately!

Blimey MaybeBaby do you get ANY sleep??? Can you send the kids of to Grandmas for a bit and get a good nap?

Katie I bet you can wait to move in!! When we moved in here it was all magnolia, it looked fab but within about 12 months it was driving us mad :haha: and we ended up decorating everywhere just to get away from magnolia walls :) The cream carpets we've still got upstairs . . . . sooooo not practical though!!! Luckily our next door neighbour owns a carpet cleaning business :thumbup: Hows things with Vinny? :hugs:

We have had a lovely day today :thumbup: After Olivers fab sleep I took him out this morning - the first time I've taken him any where in the car on my own :happydance: We just went shopping, he slept all the way there, all the time I was shopping and all the way home!! Then we've just had a lovely afternoon not doing much :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

sounds like an amazing day sarah! my MIL took dylan and erin to the beach for a few hours and then back to hers to eat so had a bit of rest but still had to look after owen as bf. i have really bad sore throat and headache and owen was screaming and i dodnt know what was wrong with him so in the end gave him some panadol and he was better. bet he has the same thing as me :cry: maybe will have to go to drs 2moro!

hello, abz so glad your mum is on the mend and that you and izzy are doing well

katie - well done for doing all that decorating!

Sarah - well done to Oliver for sleeping so well :thumbup:

maybebaby really sorry to hear you are feeling crappy and that Owen has been so unsettled. fingers crossed you feel better tomorrow :hugs:

well we are off on hols for 2 weeks on tuesday and will be so busy tomorrow I doubt I'll get to post. hope you all have a lovely couple of weeks and I'll catch up when we get back xx

Oooohhhh have a fab holiday A3my!!!! Where are you going? We are hoping to get away too, I've been looking at cottages in Cornwall :) Thats what we did last year, I didn't know I was pregnant at the time, got my BFP within five mins of getting home lol!

MaybeBaby I hope you're feeling better soon, and Owen too :hugs:

Oliver has been a dream baby today - I'm sure its a fluke lol! He's been so good all day, then had a bath at about half six, had a massive feed and the fell asleep at about eight and is fast off in his moses basket - I've got loads done!!! I'm going to take him to bed soon, I wonder how long he'll sleep for tonight?!?

I'm taking Oliver into work tomorrow for the first time. My best friend there is leaving on Friday so I though I'd pop in and say hello before she leaves. I'm quite looking forward to seeing everyone and showing Oliver off :haha:

Oh, and my pram addiction continues! I talked Steve into the joys of a parent facing pushchair :happydance: I like the iCandys, but I went and bought a Loola Up today :blush: Its chocolate and cream, I fell in love. Its been delivered this week, I can't wait - I'm soooo sad!!! Steve was actually okay about it when I told him, I just hope he likes it when it arrives. I think he was just grateful I bought one of those and didn't spend six hundred or so quid on a iCandy or a Bugaboo :haha:

Lucky you not buying an I-candy - i did and am regretting it now - after sales is crap and quality likewise!!! x

ooh sarah glad you managed to talk steve round! danny would have none of it! :haha: i'm glad that i still like my mothercare my4! no chance f another until i get a maclaren next year (and even then if he could talk me into using erin's he would - but it is 2yrs old so i dont want to!)

just put owen down after a feed and he's awake again. he's in his crib talking to his FP rainforest mobile but i have a feeling that talking will turn to crying soon :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->