Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

I wanttt a Bugaboo! I also want to put Daisy in the pushchair bit rather than the carrycot but at the same time, I don't!
Things with V are.. Ok. He's not moving in with us, I've said he has to be off the methadone and proving he can be normal before I consider it. He's helped me with the decorating- tiled the bathroom and ripped up the vile lino. He's started a new job today too, the Rubber Soul if anyone knows Matthew Street! His sister has taken the lease and they're doing a refurb then opening bank holiday weekend/Beatles weekend.
My Dad just phoned me to say he's got me a telly :wacko: strange! Suspect it fell off the back of a wagon, he said he got one too and 'it's big'. :dohh:

morning! il do a proper catch up later on just popping on quickly whilst harrison is asleep, the poor thing has been very very niggly with 2 teeth starting to appear.. cant believe he is teething already!

i just got very annoyed with Sky! i decided to move my calls over to bt for their anytime plan so sky decides to charge me £17 a month for their broadband rather than the £10 i was paying just because i have moved my phonecalls, they didnt tell me this would happen if i ever did move and i dont like the feeling of being told i am to stay with them or i pay more for something else! so have asked for my mac code and i am now trying to decide on a new ISP, im tempted to go with orange, i can get it for £9 a month as i have a contract mobile with them and dont have to pay any connection fees etc, my mind is now boggled with all the different info i have from other ISPs but any of the good deals we cant get because of the area we live.. any advice is welcome!

Jolou we're with o2 for broadband and BT for calls, though I'm tempted to move the calls TBH, BT just annoy me at any opportunity lol!! Sky are sooooo cheeky!

Katie lol at your TV!! Glad things are a bit better with V, I hope he's treating you better hon - you deserve to be treat like a princess :) Fingers crossed this new job helps him to turn a new leaf and get his act together. I just hope it works out for your guys - when he is 'normal' he sounds like such a good fella :) From what I've read you've been so mature and sensible about this whole thing - well done to you! You are old beyond your years arent you!!

I can't wait for my Loola Up to arrive!! I want to put Oliver in a pushchair, he hates the pram because he can't look around. He goes in the car seat on the 3D base a the moment. I figure a parent facing pushchair is a good 'next step' :) I'll see when it arrives, if he looks too small I'll give him a few more weeks :)

We had another good night last night! Oliver slept 8pm - 2am, 2.15am - 5am, 5.15am - 8am!! So 12 hours with two 15 minute feeds, I am so pleased! I just hope he keeps it up!!

Well I'd better get ready to pop into work with Oliver, I could do with getting him changed but he's asleep - typical lol!!

Heeeeelllllooooooooooo!! I feel like I have been away forever!! We did not have my laptop for a while as had to give it to someone at work and then went on hols! Have not had time to catch up with all the posts so hope everyone is doing well and their LOs are thriving!

Well I think the last time I was on was when I was about to go on the hen do. I had such a good time but REALLY missed Che (and never thought I would say that!!) I stayed out right till the end which I was really pleased about! God my boobs though - had to pump n dump about 4x whilst out as boobs got so engorged and painful. How very glamorous! DH had a nightmare time and admitted looking after a baby was A LOT more work than he ever realised and he did not envy me doing it day in day out!!

We then went on holiday for a week to Northumberland which was lovely and relaxing. But very restricted as to what we can do with a baby and 2 dogs so lots of walks on the beach etc. Luckily the weather was not as bad as forecast and we managed to miss most of the bad rain.

And Che sleeping really taken a turn for the better - he is sleeping about 11-6 now which is fantastic!! This coincided with me putting him in a sleeping bag so no idea if that had anything to do with it! And he was also in a travel cot for the first time in the holiday cottage. Since getting back he is now in a travel cot in our room.

2 weeks till we go to Budapest for the music festival!!

Hi everyone :wave:

Just been reading what you have all been up to since I was last on.

Hope you had/have nice holidays those of you who have them booked. I am jealous as we have nothing booked. Now this is going to make me sound like some kind of nut job but if we were to go away could I take my Angelcare movement and sound monitor? It is the only thing that makes me able to sleep and not constantly be checking on Oliver and touching him to make sure he is breathing. Yes this is the only reason we haven't booked to go anywhere, because I am a paranoid fool! :roll:

Sure your new place will look lovely Katie once you have got all your stuff in and made it look like home.

Abz that's great to hear your mum is getting better.

A3my hope your birthday was good.

emera that's great the expressing is going well and what a fab weight too!

Wow Jolou teeth bet Harrison will look super cute with his little teeth. Hope Sophie is better too.

L-C have you been swimming yet,if you have how did it go?

sarah glad you got a pram you are happy with. Go Oliver with the great sleeping :happydance: Thanks for the advice about stopping my LO from getting his legs stuck through the cot bars.

CG that's great about Che sleeping well too. :happydance:

maybebaby what pram do you have? It looks similar to mine a My3. Owen looks like he will be a tall boy. How cute are the pictures you added, especially the tiny paddling pool one and the smiling one too. Is Erin's eye better now?

These prams you are talking about are lovely. I Google them to see what they all look like when you mention them. I love mine though so don't think i need another one, well not at the moment anyway. :winkwink:

We got Oliver christened yesterday and despite him still being snotty and coughing frequently he was happy all day and very good too. He was awake for the whole church bit and didn't even cry, well he did his little fake cry where he makes a crying type sound but it isn't a proper cry (we call it a five minute warning as he does it then if you don't fix whatever the problem is he cries properly!). He did this when I dared to lie him across my arms so the priest could put the water on his head and as soon as I put him upright again he was back to being super nosey! Little monkey. Will post a pic once I have some on the computer, maybe even one with me in if I am feeling brave and don't look like a hippo! I always find it interesting to see what we all look like as usually it is nothing like I am expecting.

We got a bargain at Mothercare as I ordered a spare pram liner at the start of June and it was supposed to be in the store by the start of July. I hadn't heard anything from them so phoned last week and they told me it was in store and would be behind the desk for me to collect but when I went in they spent 20mins looking and couldn't find it so they gave me the one from one of the display prams and a full refund :happydance: wish they had lost my way more expensive pram and cot order too back in December :rofl:

Oliver is meant to have his 12 week injections this afternoon but not sure they will do them as he is still snotty and has a cough. He doesn't have a temperature though so maybe they will. Making my OH come with me this time so he can hold Oliver as I hated having to hold him whilst the nurse did it last time. :cry:

Sarahwoo -
The I candy :
- Not as light as many others
- the chasis easily scratches
- they dont tell you when you purchase it, but the fabric parts are only waranteed for 6 months
- most faults can be explained by them as 'wear and tear' so they rarely give repairs or replacements
- they are completely overpriced imo!!!
I know this as am in battle with them over my parasol - a spoke came loose and they are trying to say i used it in the wind - I had only used it for 2 weeks in June - how bloody windy could it be????!!!!!!!! My £7 one from Boots has faired better at less than half the price!!!
Believe me, you did the sensible thing not getting one!
xx

Oohhhh Mork thats rubbish!!! Reminds be of my experience with Mamas and Papas :growlmad:

Hi!

Glad to hear you are all doing well!

Maybebaby3 - Sorry you're feeling under the weather, and Owen too, hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Katie - Exciting moving, hope that all goes smoothly! :) Good luck with Vinny, not to be doom and gloom, but be very very careful about letting him back in. I think i'm just made very cynical by my experience, put please, please make sure you are really certain things are back on track before you make any decisions. I really had a terrible experience in a similar situation, and i don't really want to go into detail, but i lost someone very precious because i was too trusting. Obviously that won't happen to you, i was younger, and a hell of alot more stupid ( you are sooo much more mature than i was at your age!!), and from what you've said Vinny doesn't seem to be a violent man, but i just felt i had to give a warning. Anyway, sorry if i'm out of line saying that to you, but i felt i had to.

CG - Glad you enjoyed your break and hen do! :) I'm dead jealous of all the talk of holidays! We can't afford it this year, and my OH doesn't have any holiday available what with changing jobs twice in 3 months. I'll go and stay with my mum for a few days though, its lovely where she lives, so that will have to do me until next year :)

Sarah - Hurrah for the new pram, glad you got one :) I keep eyeing up other peoples in the street, lots of bugaboos around here, its a posh area, I still like my My3 though, its just a bit of a shame i didn't get a pram that can have a doubles set attached seeing as we decided to go with NTNP until next year :wacko: must be mad...
glad i didn't get an iCandy though by the sounds of it, thats terrible service Mork, shame on them!

Jolou - Don't go with Orange, they are bloody awful. The customer service is terrible and we don't get half the speed that we pay for, its a nightmare, and we can't get out of the contract for another 6 months still :dohh: Also Roh is starting to teethe too! Drool everywhere, and his gums look all sore. He keeps biting down on things really hard and then making himself cry because it hurts :shrug: Can't see any teeth yet though.

Muddles - The christening sounds lovely, glad Oliver behaved. Roh does that fake cry thing too, sometimes its almost funny when he does it, he pulls a face, which makes me laugh :blush:, like with you though its just an early warning, so i know i have to sort him out pretty quick! Also, good stuff with the pram liner :)

Roh is still sleeping really well, we've been very lucky with him! He is now sleeping for 11 hours each night, about 9pm to 8am. I'm trying to get him to go to bed earlier, but he's very resistant to that, i'd prefer it if he slept 7pm to 6am really, but he's not so keen, guess i'll have to sneak bedtime forwards again!

We went to the park and had a picnic today, and i took this picture of him smiling at the leaves on the trees :)

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all!

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/emera3537/Rohan/Pic16.jpg

CG I'm glad the hen do went well, and your hol! Good news with the sleeping too!

Muddles I don't see why you can't take your monitor with you on holiday! Where do you think you would go? I love the pram liner story - great bargain!! And I'm glad Oliver's Christening went well :)

Emera thats a really, really lush photo!!!! Sooooo cute!!! I'm tempted to take Oliver for a picnic now . . . . mmmm I was looking for something to do tomorrow so that might be a good idea!!! We have a lovely park within walking distance. Yay for the sleeping too!!!

We had another good night here - woo hoo!!!!!!!!

emera - lovely pic of rohan!

muddles - we have a mothercare my4 so that's why it looks similar to yours, coz the carrycot is the same! i am very happy with it too. it is a dream to push 1 handed, a bonus when you have 2 other children!

jo - hope the teething isnt too horrible! how is sophie doing?

katie - glad that things with vinny are looking up a bit!

well we all went to the dr. looks like dylan and i have a virus, with red raw throats. poor erin has fluid on her left lung :cry: so we have to keep a close eye on her breathing. you wouldnt know to look at her as she's still rushing around as normal! strong girl. she has strong antibiotics so hopefully she wll kick it soon. will take her back to dr on fridayto check it's clearing.

am glad to hear that you are all having fab nights, unfortunately i'm still waiting for that to happen! :dohh: owen went to sleep about midnight, woke at 1.30 and was awake til 3.30 :wacko: then he slept a couple of hours and woke again, though settled quickly and then again at 7 or 8 (i was too tired to even check the time) have had to drag myself out of bed. soooooooooo :sleep:

Muddles - the Christening sounds great. Glad you had a nice day. Can't see why you would not be able to take monitors. If they are plug in and you go abroad just make sure you take extra adaptors.

Emera - omg how cute is the picture of Roh!

Sarahwoo - yay for good nights sleep!

Che had his BCG yesterday and was a bit grizzley in the afternoon and would not wake for his final feed till bout 11:30. But he then slept till 5am so hoping we can get back on track tonight.

Awww how cute Emera looks like Rohan is enjoying the fresh air.

Hope you, Dylan and Sophie are all better very quickly. I thought it looked like mine so now I know why Maybebaby! I love it too, it even fits in my little car (though i do have to take the wheels off but would have to do that with any pram I think).

Sarah I'm not sure where we would go. It would just be nice to get away, maybe go and see family in Scotland or somewhere abroad that is cheap. How did you get on taking Oliver in to work? I bet they loved him!

CG Hope Che is better today after his BCG yesterday.

Oliver had his second lot of injections yesterday and thankfully he was fine again and we didn't need the Calpol. The nurse said if we do need it it will probably be for the third set as there are the three injections.

He is sleeping pretty well too 10:30pm-at least 5am then has a feed and nappy change and sleeps until at least 9am (though this morning it was 11am!). He has a bath between 6pm and 7pm most nights then he will sleep and feed on and off between then and when he properly falls asleep at 10:30ish. I took advantage of him being asleep and cleaned my house top to bottom, and boy did it need it! I then sat down with a coffee and a magazine.

Talking of baths I bought a little plastic seat from Tesco for £5 a Oliver loves it, perhaps because he feels more secure or maybe it's because he can see all around when he is in his bath and he is starting to splash with his legs.

Hi girls

Well I think we have hit the 3 month growth spurt early, Will was having a stretch of 7 hours between feeds in the night but we are back to four! What a shock to the system again, I'm shattered.

Emera did you have that with Roh? he is sleeping brilliantly now, 11 hours pure bliss Roh is that bit older than Will. I'm so jealous. Gorgeous picture of him in th park!

Katie - glad your new home is coming along, looking forward to some pictures.

Muddles, what a result in mothercare, that's good to know that they seem to be better than mamas and papas. We keep talking about Christening Will but it seems like so much to sort out and I'm still chuffed if I've managed to shower and sort tea out each day....and a little lazy! sounds like Oliver was a little star.

Not sure what advice Sarah gave for the got bars but we have an airwrap, ordered it from jojo maman bebe for £25 is fab!

We've not been swimming yet but are due to go on Thursday, will let you know how we get on.

Sarah - sounds like Oliver is getting the whole sleep thing - Will was doing the same but we have taken a bit of a turn with that...hoping it is just growing.

CG there are so many people going on holiday, glad you had a nice time - with two dogs, what do you have? We have a weimarana who is quite a handful and to much for me to think about taking on holiday with Will.

Maybebaby hope you're feeling better soon!

I tried Will in his bumbo today and he loves it, think he will prefer to be sitting up right. He's really good at holding his head.

It's been so hot again at night, I ordered some growbags from this site

https://www.thedreambag.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=0_1_28&products_id=97

it's a 0.5 tog and they are really good quality, i bought 2 and will definitely go back for more when Will needs 2.5 tog bags.

Keep smiling xxx

hey!

ergh i have a cold which feels worse with it being muggy!

harrison is still sleeping really well, 8:30/9ish till about 7/7:30, we have put his bottles back down to 6 oz's and feeding him earlier than we normally would so every 3 hours rather than 4 which seems to work better, he was wanting 7oz's but his belly cant handle it so he throws it back up! he keeps watching us all eat too and his lips start going and he starts dribbling and watching every single mouthful! he is loving thr taste of bonjela too which is rather funny, when he starts getting very grumpy with his gums i get it out ready and he gets all excited and sits there for 5 minutes sucking his tongue lol.

We are off to the docs again tomorrow since he didnt have his 12 week jabs last week thx to as slightly high temp, lets hope tis done tomorrow.

Sophie is also having a check up again following her steroid cream last week, her face is soooo much better! but i havent used the cream they prescribed on her face as she was crying that it itched too much, been suing ti on her arms tho and it does look a little better, i actually think the face might have been down to slight intolerance to milk, i always thought she had it but no one would listen, i changed her to soya milk last week then all of a sudden her face cleared up, still a bit dry but its back to her lovely skin she had! i dont know if its all a coincidence of it was the milk but im wary of giving her normal milk for the time being!

LC - yeah, whenever Roh has a growth spurt his sleeping goes completely to pot, he only seems to manage to sleep about 4-5 hours and then wakes up every 2 after that! Now he's sleeping so well its quite traumatic when that happens!! :wacko: Good news is it seems that he'll go back to usual after a few days, and generally its been after the growth spurts that he's added an extra hour onto his night sleeps. Fingers crossed for you :)

To be honest though i think that some babies like their sleep and some don't, i've just struck really lucky with Roh. It does freak me out a bit now that he's sleeping 11 hours. In a way i want him to eat more, as he's pretty small for his age, having been premature, but waking him up for feeds doesn't work, i tried when my boobs were really hurting and he just wasn't interested. It freaked me out even more that he's dropped a feed in the day now, so he's only on about 6 feeds, occasionally 7. As far as i can tell thats pretty unusual for a BF baby. Saying all that, he seems happy and is gaining weight steadily. The HV don't seem worried, so hey :shrug:

Isn't it funny that i still sit here worrying when I have a baby doing what most people would wish for? I guess there will always be something to worry about! :winkwink:

:hugs:

thanks emera, that is so reassuring I have everything crossed especially as he fed early tonight, I'm off to join him now just in case it's the same tonight!

I have been told the same about BF babies, but my Mum BF me and my brothers and we all went through from 3 monthws apparently - no pressure!

Emera, not out of line at all and thankyou for caring enough to share part of your experience xx

Maybebaby I hope you are all feeling better soon!!!

Muddles I think you should just book a hol and take the monitor :) We were thinking of booking a cottage in Cornwall or Devon for a week, Steve's got a week off booked in August so I just need to find a cottage really. Oliver has a bath support thing too - when he was newborn he hated it but after a few weeks of bathing with me he's fine now, he lays on the support and splashes about :)

Taking Oliver into work was fun, he was really well behaved and even all the guys couldnt leave him alone lol!! It was nice to see everyone and it was also nice to be in work but not do any work!! :haha:

LC I hope Will's sleep gets back to normal soon!!! Those sleeping bags are gorgeous - I've bookmarked the page for our 2.5 tog bags too :) Do you use sleeping bags every night? I love the idea of them but I just haven't got into using them - I think maybe because often its just too warm. I have 5 brand new 1 tog bags by grobag, M&P's and Pumpkin Patch, I really should try to get into using them, rather than just using one npw and then.

Jolou I hop you are feeling better too!! Thats interesting about Sophie and milk . . . I hope she's doing well.

Katie hows the new house? I hope everything is going well!!

Things are good here, Oliver is still sleeping well - yay!!!! My new Loola Up arrived yesterday and its gorgeous, I love it!! We went for a walk with Oliver in the parent facing pushchair and it was great - he loved it! So I just need to get the hang of folding / unfolding it and I'll be fine :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->