Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Martami - goodness your DH ex sounds like a complete nightmare, those poor children. Thank goodness they have you

Sarahwoo - you are not being unreasonable. It is so annoying when you are waiting on someone else. Yes he is very busy at work but we are very busy everyday with the babies. Last night DH came home early by about 5ish. He 'popped' up to his office in the attic saying he would be down soon and reappeared at 8:30 whilst I was sat downstairs expecting him down within 30mins?! Luckily I go out everyday to meet friends and have my parents next door or else I would be completely tearing my hair out with loneliness I think.

I have started packing for Che and I to go to Budapest for the music festival next week, he is growing so fast he is out of a lot of his summer stuff already and reluctant to buy much more seeing as it will be getting colder soon!

I feel like I haven't been on here for ages having had such a hectic week!! I'll have a read now and see what everyone has been up to!! :)

sarah - u r not being mean, u r disappointed and with cause seeing as you were expecting some help as you are not feeling well and were hoping to spend his day off doing something more exciting than watching him sleep and waiting for him to wake up. i would've been mad too :grr:

logansmama - how clever is logan :thumbup: well done logan :wohoo:

marta - what a nightmare she sounds like! totally irresponsible!

well my mum took dylan and erin for lunch til about 6pm so i went out for lunch with some friends. was really nice. we sat outside under the shade (was over 30degrees) in a brazilian restaurant. then went to mothercare to buy more breastpads. i go through so many as i leak loads! do any of you bf ladies have that problem. i bought some lilypadz but have heard that if you leak loads they are no good s i thought maybe to use them when i am weaning and have less milk? anyone used them?

OH has 2 job interviews tomorrow so fingers crossed!

owen is starting to get niggly so an going to sign off for now xxx

Evening!

Sarah - You aren't being unreasonable i don't think, but then i doubt Steve thinks he's doing anything wrong either and is trying to cope with the stress from work in the only way he knows how. Likely it would actually make him feel like he had more of a break and a proper day off if he spent some quality time with you and Oliver, but that probably hasn't occured to him.
OH and i have an agreement that if he's stressed then he gets one of his days off to chill, sleep, play computer games or whatever he wants, and then the other one he has to spend with Roh and me as a family. Its really improving our relationship that we definately have one whole day fully together, and he feels fine because he gets a whole day to himself. Maybe you just need to talk to Steve and tell him how important it is to you that at least once a week he's up and available and ready to do some sort of family activity? And also make him see that he has one day to do exactly as he pleases?
Don't know if that would work for you :shrug:, but its certainly cut down on my frustration (which i then pass on to OH in the form of nagging and he gets grumpy, etc etc, viscious circle and all that...) and helps me not to have expectations which then i feel let down because OH had different ideas. Hope you are ok! :hugs::hugs:

Marta - How awful! Their mother sounds totally irresponsible, so good that they have you to give them a stable environment! You must be amazing to take all that on :hugs:

Logansmama - I'd be dead proud too, sounds like you have a clever little man there! :thumbup:

Jo - 1 lb gain! Never mind its not all that much really, and once the string of fun weekends is out of the way you can spend some boring ones losing weight :haha: Can you tell i'm making no effort to shift this extra 3 stone i'm carrying? Now where did that peice of cake get to?... :haha:

CG - Hope you have a great time at the festival! :)

Muddles - I remember that you were having trouble with your Mother back in 3rd tri :hugs: she does sound pretty manipulative. I sympathise, my FIL is the same, although happily he isn't particularly interested in interferring with me or Roh, mostly because i don't stand for it. He can be really awful with OH though, guilt-tripping him into lending money or going over to his for both his days off to fix stuff up for him. He phones each week saying his computer isn't working and so OH goes over (its 2.5 hours drive away) and starts the computer up and it works fine :dohh: If he doesn't go its phone calls twice a day with sob stories etc. Shame, as he's clearly just lonely, but the way he goes about things just pisses my OH off.
Problem is, like my FIL, your Mum isn't really likely to change any time soon. I guess its just finding an appropriate way to deal with the situation and living with it :shrug: wish there was a solution.

Maybebaby3 - Glad you had a nice lunch. I don't use Lilypadz, but like you i leak alot. I have to say though i've been using the pads from mothercare and i think they are really poor quality, i bought a load as they were on offer, but they seem to fall apart really fast :growlmad: The lining comes off, i went to BF Roh in a cafe the other day and took down my bra and just loads of fluff and bits came out, i had to go to the bathroom and wash as it was all stuck around my boob! Really annoying!

Happily i'm all recovered from the scary fall (excpet massive bruises on my knee, not a good look!)! Worst part of it was i was in trainers and i always walk slowly and carefully when i'm carrying Roh, not sure how i lost my footing, but i guess accidents can happen. Good to know that my instincts kicked in fast.
Had a tough day today, it was Roh's final set of jabs and boy was he not happy about it! He screamed loads worse than the first 2 lots, it was heartbreaking! :cry: I really hate it, happily there is no more for another 8 months now! :happydance: He's sleeping very heavily this evening, but certainly hasn't gone off his food, he had his normal 8oz of expressed milk at bedtime, and then wouldn't go to sleep until he'd had another 3oz :wacko: seriously that child must have hollow legs! :haha: I'm just sitting here feeling fed up as OH has been at work all day and is out for the evening as a friend is visiting from Australia and is in town for 1 day only. I don't mind him being out really, just that i'm feeling down today and could do with the company :cry:
Ah well Roh and I are going to my Mum's for the weekend, and i'll get to catch up with all my cousins, they haven't met Roh yet, so it should be lovely, so i have that to look forwards to :) Just feeling really uneasy this evening... :shrug:

Blimey, well, thats my life story this evening! :haha::haha:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: all round :)

emera - yeah mothercare breastpads are awful! my friend gave me a big box as she wasnt bf any more and have been using them during the day as if i use them at night then i wake up soaked in milk :haha: i buy the lansinoh ones but they are sooooooooooo expensive here £6 for 60 pads! :dohh:

Thanks so much for all the advice and :hugs: ladies, its very much appreciated. I seem to have days when I feel so fed up with things I could just pack my bags, grab Oliver, and leave (in Steves car lol!!!!). Yet some days I feel fine. I don't know :dohh: Emera I think thats a really, really good idea - I'm sure Steve would appreciate knowing he had some time to play poker etc, and it would be nice to know I had at least one day when I could plan something nice to do as a family, go out for the day or something. What kind if thing do you tend to do on your family day?

CG I think you could have hit the nail on the head too, I am very, very lonely. I don't have any friends around here, I only really see Steve. His mum pops around sometimes, and I see my parents a few times a week. I see friends maybe once a month. I think I would go mad without BnB.

After I had written my post on here yesterday I made myself a coffee, and hoovered up. Oops :haha: I felt like a bit of a bitch but well, it made me feel better. And it worked, before I had finished the lounge Steve was up. I made him a cuppa etc and he said he was sorry for not getting up before but he'd not slept well. I was still annoyed - I kinda feel like he thinks he can do what ever he wants and as long as he says sorry its okay :shrug: Anyway, we played with Oliver for a bit and then we went for a walk and got some nice food for tea - which Steve cooked. We had a nice relaxed evening and an early night. Steve said again about not sleeping well, he actually said 'I've not had a good nights sleep for ages' and I have to admit I did burst out laughing at that I was like 'Well I have nooooo idea how that must feel'. I don't think he was too impressed, but tbh I don't think he has a clue how much I actually do either. Anyway, he's still in bed and I'm just going to let him sleep in, I know its no fun not get much sleep and he does need to be on his toes for work.

Sorry to post such a self centered post . . . I'll come back and catch up properly in a bit. x

Sarah - :hugs: I know the feeling, when OH says he's tired i sometimes would like to rip his head off! :haha: But i also have to accept that even though i'm tired, he's allowed to be too, even though he might be choosing the wrong person to complain to :winkwink:
On our family days, OH always plays with Roh whilst i get a shower and clear up and get breakfast, and then we'll go out, last week we went to the park and had a picnic, this week the weather hasn't been so good, so we took Roh for a walk around the museum and then for lunch in a cafe. I know he's too young to appriciate that sort of thing, but it gets us out together and its new things for him to look at. Picnics are deffinately a favourite :) We always play with Roh together in the afternoon, and then make sure that once he's in bed we have the evening together, just watching a dvd or something.

Roh is shouting so better dash :)

:hugs::hugs:

morning!

so its not just me who gets annoyed when OH complains of being tired.... we had a bit of a todo the other night when he said under his breath "give me a break!" when harrison started crying upstairs, i was busy so couldnt goto him and mark had just come downstairs.. i had a little go at him and he said he does actually work at work and would like a break in the evenings... WRONG THING TO SAYYYY i stayed quite calm if m honest and replied with "what do you think i do all day? sit on ym ass doing nothing?" he stayed silent so im assuming he does think that.. i ignored him the rest of the evening lol fair enough i dont do house work everyday.. that was depress me! some days we do just potter about the house and il only do what i need to, but then on another day il have a full day of ironing and housework..

not got anything to do today, just cleaned the bathroom before having a quick shower whilst harrison was napping and sophie was watching some tv.

I got Harrison laughing yesterday, he did do a little chuckle out loud the day before but wouldnt do it again just the usual big grins but yesterday he was doing it more! soo funny its a proper deep chuckle like a little boy lol i sound odd i know but sophie's laugh was so girly and like a squeel it was weird to hear! all i had to do was say "give us a kiss" and he was off laughing.. it must be funny kissing mummy..

Thanks ladies :hugs:

I feel like a cow for complaining to be honest, I know I have it easy really. Emera I think I will speak to him about trying your method, I might also say that he can sleep in late at least once a week (which means I can go out for lunch with a friend or something on that day). Does that sounds reasonable? So he gets one sleep in, one day off to do his own stuff (play online poker or whatever he wants to do) and on the other day we go out and do something as a family. I might also say that once every few weeks he can go out to play poker on a night, which I know he would appreciate. I guess I can try, I've got to do something.

God I feel so unlike myself lately.

Oh, and Jolou, Oliver has gone very giggley lately - he laughs all the time, its soooo cute!!! Every time he has a really good laugh he gives himself hiccups!! :haha:

Oh I cannot wait for Che to start giggling!!

Emera - I also really like the idea of OHs having a day to themselves at the weekend and then a full family day. My DH disappears up to his office in the attic for hours at a time so if I could say well one day you can do that/go out on your bike etc then the other day you don't go up at all and we spend the whole day together then at least on the day when he does what he wants I won't be waiting for something to happen and I can go out myself!

i think that men are mad sometimes. how on earth they can dare to comment that they are tired when we are up god knows how many times a night is beyond me :shrug: last night owen was really unsettled. he just wanted to be held and of course i had to do that. i gave up after a while and put him in his swing and he was complaining. OH went to bed to get away from the noise. eventually i settled owen at almost 1am. i went in to the bedroom and put the bedside lamp on and he told me to put if off and i was like no i want to read (i always read before going to sleep even if it is 2 pages) so i left it on and he turned over. cheeky sod! how many times have i been in bed and he comes in and turns on the tv!!! :grr: he is at his 2nd job interview of the day so i hope that he has some luck!!! fingers crossed! then i can say on maternity leave til may instead of going back after christmas hols!

jo - i cant wait for owen to laugh. he opens his mouth like he wants to but the wrong sound comes out :rofl:

Now Oliver giggles and laughs though I spend all my time trying to make him do it :haha:

lol sarah, thats what i have been doing today but he just wont do it, instead he chatters away and opens his mouth like he is going to laugh.. or i get the "mum what on earth are you doin?" look.

harrison nappies have been extra stinky lately! no idea what it is and yesterday his poo was like water!! he did 2 of those in the afternoon and also passed wind and a little came out later on.. lovely info i know but i must talk about these things with people who understand as mark just pulls a face and says lovely thanks for telling me..

Dylan has been laughing out loud for about 3 weeks now! He is so cute! Has anyone put there baby in front of a mirror yet? My mom put Dylan in front of a mirror about a week ago and he thinks its the funniest thing ever! He starts bouncing around and smiling and laughing :)

Babyhope Oliver LOVES mirrors - he laughs and laughs!! Steve always holds him in front of the mirror in our living room and now its covered in little finger prints lol!!

I'm feeling much better than I was earlier :) Steve slept in and then we popped up to Harrogate as I wanted a few things from Lakeland. We also went to Jojo Maman Bebe and I had a bit of a spending spree :) Always a good thing lol!!!

Hi Girls,

Bobby is spending his first night in his new cot! I am in the room with him and so far so good! DH assembled it this afternoon and we just went through Bobby's nighttime routine as normal bath, bottle and cuddles. Then I swaddled him as normal and put him in the bed. He cried a few times when his paci/dummy fell out (which is normal) and I decided to stay with him till he fell asleep. I am not interacting with him at all.

I had a really long day today. Went to the baby massage class and all went well till around the end of the class when Bobby got tired and started crying. I call DH to come and pick me up in the car. A few minutes later he calls me back to tell me that he has locked himself out. Great! So I ask other people in the class for a lift but they had all come by foot.

Although I don't live far from the clinic I have been having a lot of pain in my foot whenever I walk for over 20 mins. I have been to the Dr and all said that its because I have very flat feet and I have to live with it :( So while I get a second opinion I have been trying to avoid over exerting it.

Anyway DH felt very bad and met me halfway there and made me a nice dinner to make up for it :)

Sorry for the essay!

Marta - sounds like a nightmare with the kids mom - I don't know how you cope with her! But sounds like you do very well with it all - the kids are lucky to have you! ... and about the banana - I would have flipped. Not even close enough to ready at this point! And even if it were - how dare she!

Sarah - I understand. I really do. MEN! Thats all I can say about that!

Cactus - Have fun at your music festival!

Maybe - I rarely leak anymore. The only time I ever do is sometimes when I am feeding baby the other side will start flowing too...

Emera - glad you are feeling better. Eat some pineapple - its supposed to help the bruises go away faster. Or is it grapefruit? I think pineapple. My gf told me her neighbor fell the other day while holding her baby too. The baby was fine but the mom BROKE her leg! OMG!

Gotta go - baby is crying. I'll update about us later if I can.

Oh...so THIS is where this thread ended up! I'm such an eejit :roll:

Awww Finley isn't doing proper giggles yet...don't think he'll be much longer as he has done some noises that sound pretty much like one, but they aren't consistent just yet. Can't wait though!

Hi girls. We did our baptism class tonight. It was kind of long and I had both kids with me.... but we got through it okay. Dillon will be baptised with 2 of his cousins on the 22nd of August. My sister will be in town, and we will be celebrating my grammas 85th birthday as well (Dillon's great gram). Should be a nice day!

When we got home something went haywire with our electricity. Only 1/2 the power in my house is working right now! Can't figure it out. Good Thing my uncle is an electrician. Guess I'll be calling him in the morning.

Hope everyone else is doing good. Ttyl....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->