Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

An exersaucer is like a walker - but it doesn't let the kids "walk" in it - its just stationary, but it has lots of toys on it and baby can spin around in it.

And Disney doesn't have the submarine anymore (it used to be 20,000 leagues under the sea). I forget what they replaced it with. Thats funny because so much is still the same... it hardly changes in the park except some updating once in a while.

Logansmama and Maybebaby- I was telling my H about the Jumperoo and he thinks we should get one so will let you know if we do. The exersaucer sounds good-sounds like a Jumperoo.

LC can't help with the dummy as Oliver just sticks a thumb/finger/his whole fist in his mouth but I would stick with the cuddling to sleep. Maybe get rid of the dummy then work on the putting him to bed awake afterwards rather than changing everything at once.

Swimming was great! Oliver was in his big floaty ring and his legs were wiggling about the whole time. We were in the water 25 mins and he just looked around everywhere and yawned every now and then. He loved the shower. Fed him in the changing rooms and he fell asleep for two hours! He never sleeps that long normally during the day. Only things I found hard were carrying everything from the car to the pool and getting in and out of the pool as I took him by myself so there was no-one to hold him.

I have a problem when I go out and leave Oliver at home with my husband and would love some advice please. Here is the link to the thread:
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/387698-help-please.html

Hey all!

I haven't been on here for ages - i dont know where the time goes! Amy is currently feeding after a 3 hour sleep but she doesnt normally sleep much during the day! How is everyone getting on? We are finally moving Amy into her cotbed tonight as she seems a little big for her moses basket now!

Really hope everyone is getting on ok with little ones. I am just starting to plan my wedding! Really excited and cant wait to book a venue!

x x x x

hi h&f nice to hear from you. how exciting wedding planning!!! when's the big day?

my in laws took dylan and erin to the beach today so after lunch when owen napped so did i. needed a rest as have had some terrible nights with all three waking up at different times this week and i'm the only one who gets up! OH also had a nap and is still napping though how he can need to sleep so much is beyond me as he has a full night's sleep every night and a lie in most days! :grr:

Afternoon everyone!! We have just bought a jumperoo and I have spent the last half an hour building it!! Chloe is still too small for it I think but my friends bought me a bouncer that hangs from the door frame and she loves that for a short spell!

Hope everyone is having a good wknd?!

LM Wow - have fun at Disney!! I've never been but we're already planning to take Oliver when he's old enough to appreciate it :) It sounds like sooooo much fun!!

We've looked at the Jumperoo too but at the moment Steve thinks its too big . . . . they are massive!! Steve hated the Sweetpeace because it took up so much room . . . . thats gone now so I'll leave him a while before I go buy a Jumperoo :haha: We have got a door bouncer, I tried Oliver in that the other day and he wasn't keep but he wasn't in a great mood anyway so I'll try it again when he's a bit more cheerful!!

Muddles You're so brave going swimming, I wish you lived near me so you could drag me along to all the fab things you do!!!!

We've had a fun weekend, my parents came up this morning and Oliver and I went shopping with them which was nice - I have noticed though that I only seem to buy things for Oliver now! I used to buy clothes, bags, shoes etc and now its all baby stuff lol!!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

I want a jumperoo! Daisy the giant is definitely big enough.. Actually, what's the max weight on it? I need to check for her bouncer too :dohh:
Where do you all store your baby gym if you have one? My living room looks like Mothercare..
Maybe, Daisys sleep is so so much better now, we had 2 horrendous weeks but now she sleeps through again (touch wood!). Light at the end of the tunnel :hugs:
Modo, I agree with LM, I think it's ok as long as you're with him. Daisy won't lie on her front, she either gets herself us on her elbows and stares at me or lies face down and screams :dohh:
Muddles, swimming sounds fab! I can't wait to take Daisy- it'll be a while before I'm bikini ready though :lol: I have like 50lbs to lose! I'm going to Center Parcs in winter though so I'll definitely take her then :)

My mum is on holiday and I really really miss her! I spend so much time with her just now- she's a teacher so she's off for the summer so I'm with her almost every day!

Oh and H&F it's lovely to hear from you, hope the wedding planning goes well!

erin has been throwing up every twenty mins or so all evening and night and now started with diahroea (sp?) i have only two nappies left as she only uses them at night so am going to have to stuff her panties with owens nappies if it continues. poor thing cant even keep water down. am in living room waiting for her to either throw up or poo again or owen to wake for a feed. erin on sofa owen in swing and im so tired and oh i bed!

omg she has just done another massive poo all out of the nappy and up her back :dohh: and now we are on the last nappy :dohh::dohh::dohh: she keeps drinking water and i kow thats good but i also know she's going to throw it all up again. have given up hope that a going to get any sleep at all tonight. and meanwhile OH is oblivious in the bedroom! :grr: it just doesnt come out of him to stay up with her a few hours so i can at least get a bit of rest whilst owen is asleep and then we could swap so he gets sleep but no. pigs would fly before that happening! it's not even like he is working. it makes me so mad! sorry for the rant!

I'm so bummed. DH decided he doesn't want to do Disney after all. He said we can go some other time. It sucks because I go back to work next monday and really wanted to do something fun before I went back! I think I'm taking it harder than my 4 yo! He doesn't seem to care! I guess its for the best since the weather's been crap (hot and rainy).... and money is tight... but it still sucks. :(

:hugs: maybebaby. That doesn't sound like much fun at all, I'd wake him up and tell him he had to get up!

well here i am still. eventually she got off to sleep but typically woke up when owen did and wanted attention (but at least didnt poo or throw up) it completely was awful trying to deal with the two of them at the same time. i was just crossing my fingers and hoping dylan didnt wake either! and OH was oblivious to it all. how can men do that :shrug: i would feel so guilty if i left him to sort out a sick child and a baby all night long!

LM - that's crap about disney. i would've been upset too!!!

Maybe - I swear men are such dimwits. I don't know how we let them do that crap.... these are their kids too! They should help!!!

I can't say much as of next week though - because my DH will be taking care of Dillon while I'm at work. He just better not complain about it though! I'd give my right arm to be able to stay home full time and do it myself.

Hi

maybebaby I can't believe you are having such a hard time at the moment, it never rains but it pours, really hope the sickness clears up and that erin gives you a better night....

Thank you for the advice LM and mabebaby - well the dummy has gone, I think it was more of a pacifier for me really, I relented yesterday and he didn't even want it poor thing had had it shoved in his mouth by me or DH too much. Thankfully my Mum cam yesterday as I think we are full swing in growth spurt and I had put it down to needing the the dummy but not having it. He had been waking at 1 am and 5 am for the last week and we I fed him constantly yesterday evening and he slept until 2:30 am and then up at 6:30 am. I'm so glad she came over we would have put it down to the dummy, which he really hasn't missed at all! I will keep rocking him to sleep though as he can go 5 hours and so much know how to self sooth in that time!

Muddles the swimming sounds brilliant - we must take Will again.

Well have a good day, think we will be mostly feeding xx

LC - i wouldnt worry about rocking him to sleep for now. owen feeds to sleep a lot of the time and i refuse to wake him before i put him down like the parenting guies say as he'd just stay awake! oh and well done with getting rid of the dummy :thumbup: i'm not brave enough yet. still have to get erin off hers :dohh: am hoping to reduce it to night only when it's her birthday and then get her to give them to the 'baby reindeers' at christmas. fingers crossed!

well erin seems better. she has had a bite of toast so am waiting to see if it stays down. she is lying quietly on the sofa which is so unlike her. am hoping neither dylan or owen come down with what she has. OH still in bed so am pretty annoyed with that as he could quite easily look after the kids now so i could get a nap for an hour or 2 seeing as i have been up most of the night.

muddles - he is coping with it although he can't swim and being in the water is the most normal way of spending time in this heat.. I told him that others can draw on it in kindergarten and that makes him a lot happier.
Windmills - I want another one too. I babysit my godfathers' child when her wife goes to have a massage. Their daughter and Kristan have 2 weeks age difference so they're almost like twins an I love taking care of them both.
LM - :hugs: for not going to Disney World and for going back to work.
Jumperoos, babywalkers - I don't reccomend these. Kids are way too little for these things. If you really want to put your baby in there, wait until he/she has started to stand on his/her own because only then his/her legs and back are strong enough to be in those things. I'm not planning buying one for Kristan at all. I want him to train his legs and back on his own.
It's so hurtful for me to look PG avatar because i don't even want to imagine what this bouncer is doing with 3-months-old childs' back.

We had a nice weekend. Friends called Saturday evening 7 pm and called us there. Kids into the car and off we went. It was 10.30 pm when we arrived there and firstly they took us swimming. After that we put kids to sleep and had a bbq. Yesterday when coming home we just drove around. Went swimming again and visited exhibition of blind's people life. We were in complete darkness for an hour and during that time we went for a walk in the park, boat ride and into a cafe. I went with Janely because Kristan is too small for that and Janno couldn't because of his arm so OH stayed out with them. I've never even imagined what their life is like so that exhibition was really :thumbup:
Later in the evening me and OH went to a concert. There was really big thunderstorm and they almost canceled the concert but luckily storm stopped. Still the rain had been so strong that boosters gave up in the middle of concert, some mics stopped working and what worked gave electricity sometimes so singers just threw these down in the middle of song. BUT still it was such an experience and what happened made the concert even better because singers coped with it.

We had doctors appt today. Our doc is so amazed every time we go there because when born Kristan was underweight but he gains so much weight that now he weighs more than average is. He weighs 15.8 and that gives me huge muscles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->