Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

maybebaby - No, not REALLY.... my dh works nights and I work days... that way we don't have to pay for daycare (its insanely expensive). He took care of Logan for the past 2 years at home - I stayed home the 1st year, and he was in daycare the 2nd year - then DH watched him after that. This will be the 1st time he really has to watch a small baby - so I'm a little nervous about that. Hopefully it will be okay.

One big problem is that DH works LATE - till like 2am - so by the time he gets home, he doesn't get to sleep until even later. Then I leave for work by 7:30am... which means he has to be focused on baby at that point. Leaves him with very little sleep. Hopefully Dillon will stay on this schedule of good naps so DH doesn't get too tired. Its not too bad while baby isn't mobile - but I worry about what might happen once he is. Things were pretty bad when Logan was 2 - and wandering around - supervised only by a half-asleep father.... lots of issues!

Marta - I hear what you are saying about the bouncers - but I think it depends on the baby. Logan had STRONG legs when he was 4 mo old... and he LOVED his jumperoo.... I believe it helped him get even stronger. But Dillon - there's no way I'd put him in one. He's not close to ready. In the jumperoo - they are really just sitting unless they WANT to put pressure on their feet and bounce... and then they do. It's not like it makes them do it.

Walkers aren't recommended around here - I don't think you can even buy them new anymore. Mostly because of accidents where kids end up rolling down stairs or into pools though.

LM - yeah childcare is so expensive! sounds like both you and your DH have your workcut out when you go back to work. men never do a job to the standard that we do so i guess that's just something we have to bite our tongue about sometimes! i hope my OH gets a new job soon so i can stay off with owen longer. i really dont want to leave him nor do i really want to go back to work.

we have a small flat so no chance of owen falling down steps or into a pool with a walker here!

erin has finally started to perk up. she has slept most of the afternoon so i rekckon it'll be a late night. hopefully i'll get more than a 30 min stretch of sleep tonight though!

crikey these growth spurts are really hard work!! we have been feeding every two hours and grumpy in between urgh.

glad erin seems a bit better, i have everything crossed that's it now for you xx

maybebaby still a bit undecided about the dummy, i can get him off to sleep but doesn't stay that way long, has to be the worst timing with the growth spurt as i'm not as confident with his cues. almost caved today.

anyone else had growth spurts like this? didn't really notice the others.

LC - It should get better again in a few days. Hang in. It shouldn't be too much longer. i always find that when one day is particularly tiring, the next is usually a lot better.

LC - the last week or so owen has been feeding loads and is unsettled. blooming long growth spurt if that is what it is :wacko:

from 7/8 til owen goes to sleep properly anytime between 11/1am are awfully demanding especially as i have the other two to sort out too. need some decent :sleep: but fat chance. OH is in a really strange mood. he seems really pissed off. i asked him if i'd done something to upset him but he said no. TBH i am too tired to really care any more. he is in the bedroom and i am in the living room watching britain's next top model feeding owen......again.

LC: Well done getting rid of the dummy! Good luck with the growth spurt :hugs:

H&F: Congratulations!

Maybe: I am sorry your OH is not being helpful :hugs: I am glad Erin is feeling better :hugs:

PG: I hope you get a bouncer :hugs:

Sarah: I also think the jumperoos are a bit big and DH would also not be impressed with another nig baby object in our house. Plus I don't think Bobby has enough head control for it :(

Muddles: where do you go swimming?

Katie: Sorry you are missing your Mom. Hope she comes back soon!

LM: Sorry you didn't get to go to Disney :(

Marta: Sounds like you are having a good time!

Marta, do you think the massive gain in relation to his birth size is because you did so much exercise and didn't gain weight during your pregnancy?
Also think it's important to remember that people are entitled to their own opinions and it might even be a cultural thing where bouncers are concerned :shrug: PG, I don't think you're harming her unless she's in there 24/7, and I know you're not that kind of mama xx

Hi Ladies!

Well, had an amazing weekend at my mums place. The shiatsu was absolutely the best thing ever, i totally reccommend it to everyone, i feel like new woman! :thumbup: I had no idea how much tension i was holding in my pelvis until it was gone :) We went for a hike on the moors, Roh loved it, and all the fresh air made him sleep so well. It was great catching up with all my family, and Roh got showered with pressies :) Also bought myself a new (bigger) handbag and a really pretty top. I very rarely buy myself treats or anything that isn't practical, even before i had Roh to buy for so i feel really treated! :D Also went on a spending spree in tescos with the sale rail, Roh has some lovely new outfits for when he hits his 3-6 month stuff :)

On the downside, today has been absolutely horrendous :( Roh woke up really out of sorts and when i went to change him his nappy was totally full of the most awful poo. He pooed all over the changing mat and carried on all day with really bad runny watery poos :( He's also been being really sick all day. I called the doctor and they said just keep feeding him so he doesn't get dehydrated. This evening at 5pm i realised he had a rash, and almost as soon as i saw it he started crying, well screaming! He was totally inconsolable for about 2 hours. I knew he must be hungry, but he was too upset to feed. He's never cried like that before :cry: Anyway, i called the doctors and went to the out of hours place. As soon as we got there he stopped crying and was really playful with the doctor, typical lol. He did have a temperature though, poor little guy. The doctor says he has gastric flu :cry: He's had some calpol and managed to keep his last feed down and is now asleep, but oh god the worry! I felt so sorry for him when he was crying so badly and i just couldn't do anything :cry: Hopefully he'll get better soon :(

:hugs:

emera - hope roh feels better soon. And u are lucky to get the massage. I'm jealous!

emera - it was bad enough erin being sick the other day. i cant imagine a little baby being so sick! must be so scary! hope roh is on the mend soon. if you are at all concerned take him back to the dr. glad you had a good time at your mum's and got spoilt a bit.

I need to learn to bite my tongue.
Emera, I hope he feels better soon :hugs: it's horrible when they're sick isn't it!
Daisy hasn't been herself for a few days now. She's been sicky, not eating properly and screamy. She's never like that. She feels hot to the touch but her temperature is fine :shrug: I'm worried about her getting dehydrated, but touch wood she seems okay this morning!

katie - owen has been like that too and constantly attatched to my boob but not for a significant amount of time. i thought growth spurt at 1st but it's been a week now! maybe the heat :shrug: but it's no hotter than it has been!

Thanks to those of you who replied to my other thread.

Hope&Faith- tell us all about your wedding plans. I love hearing about other peopl'es weddings.

Sarah- I have to get out of the house each day, even if it is just for a walk otherwise I'd go crazy. I think I have been lucky to be offered free things like baby massage, I will try anything that's free! I also want to make mummy friends and that's not going to happen if Oliver and I sit at home in our Pjs :lol: You should just get a Jumperoo and say it was such a bargain you couldn't not get it ha ha.

Katie- I have just under a stone and a half to get rid off to be back at prepregnancy weight (have got rid off just over 2 and a half stone so far- 2 stone in the first 4 weeks and the other bit very slowly in 10 weeks) so I am still wearing the top from my maternity costume with a cheap pair of bottoms from Asda. I do worry when I go myself that someone is going to ask when the baby is due and I will have to say 'he's due 3 months ago and this is actually just a food baby' :lol: Hope Daisy is back to herself soon.

maybebaby- has the d&V bug left your house? Hope you have all got a decent sleep, apart from your H I hope he is up all night :lol: just joking.

Logansmama- that's a shame about Disney. I think you need to do something nice before going back to work.

L-C thats great you managed to get rid of the dummy with no problems at all. We have had growth spurts like that, though at least now I know they will pass almost as soon as they have begun.

Modo- I am a David Lloyd member so I go there as I can take Oliver for free until he is five then he will need child's membership. It's £42 a month so as long as I use it at least 3 times a week it is no more expensive than going to the public pool. I am going two times a week by myself in the evening and then once a week with Oliver. As he gets older we can go more often. He has a little wetsuit from Tesco to keep him warm.

Emera- sounds like you had a great time! Hope Rohan is better soon.

Marta- what a great weight Kristan is! I know the feeling with the big arm muscles! Glad Janno is doing ok with his arm.

I'm getting concerned that Daisy is going to be about 85689lbs by Xmas. When does their growth slow down?

muddles - the d&v bug does appear to have left.....for now.

going into town now to change some pounds into euros as we're going to tivoli world, a theme park on the costa del sol, on saturday. kids are so excited already and so am i :haha:

Katie- Oliver was gaining a pound a week (or more) between 3 weeks and 8 weeks but between 8 weeks and 12 weeks he gained 2 pounds so he has slowed down. Haven't had him weighed since then but his clothes still fit well so guess he hasn't put that much more on. He is much more wriggly since 8 weeks and his arms and legs are always waving about, he is always on the move. For a while I was worried that he was going to be in 12-18 month clothes by 6 months!

maybebaby- glad it seems to have gone.

I nearly had a heart attack a minute ago-looked at my profile thing at the side and noticed it said 'pregnant' under my name! Eeeeeeek for a moment I was like OMG then realised:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->