Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Thankyou all. She's had 3 lots of antibiotics and she's more like herself already :)
Dressing her with the line in her hand is much harder than you'd imagine! It's not connected to anything, it's just an inch or two long but it's bandaged up when they're not using it so she can't pull it out. The only sleepsuits I own are from Next, and the wrists are really fitted on them :lol: I hate hospitals, especially this one. The nurses do an amazing job, my best friend is in her second year of training to be a childrens nurse and I've got so much respect for her now!

Katie I'm so glad Daisy is doing well :) I know what you mean about Next sleepsuits, I think I'd probably just cut the cuff off a couple to make it easier. Do you know when they might let her home?

MaybeBaby there are a few places Steve could be moved to . . . we'll just have to wait and see I guess!I'm sure we'd be okay. I just really don't want to be any further away from my family.

xx

Either Friday or Monday, it depends how she responds to the abx. Usually they'd put them on trimethoprim and give you it to take home, but Daisy was on that from birth to prevent infections.. So they won't do that as it obviously doesn't work! It's quite warm in here today, so she's just in a vest because she's still got a fever, but if it cools down later I think I'll attack a sleepsuit or two with scissors!

Sarah, you should make sure he gets transferred to Liverpool :lol: Daisy said shed like to meet Oliver please!

Katie sending you and Daisy huges :hugs: hope she is on the mend very soon, how scary.

LogansMama glad your niece is doing ok. Hope she recovers quickly too.

Emera Rohan looks so cute sleeping in his cot, love the arms up by his head, he looks so chilled. What's the big, interesting looking green thing at the bottom of the cot, is it a big toy?

It's our wedding anniversary and a my H has got the day off we are going out for the day, at least we will be once my husband and Oliver wake up, as they are both still snoozing in their beds!

LogansMama - maybe you are right. I just think that the cloth isn't really supportive for their backs. That is why I don't like walkers also. Haven't even thought about them like you said, rolling down stairs etc.
Logan is a boy? OMG, I'm so embarrased :blush: I've always thought Logan's a girl because it's a girl name in here. I really feel like wanting to dissappear under the ground :blush:
Windmills - I know people are entitled to their own opinion and that is just my opinion. I'm a P.E teacher and in university we also learned what and how influences childrens's body and there was one slaid with pic of walker and big red cross on it. I didn't ment to say something bad about PG, if she felt that then I'm sorry. As LM said, all kids are different and because I'm living in totally different country then due to that some things are also different.
I don't think Kristan weight gain is related to my pregnancy weight. As told I can compare him to my godfathers daughter who also weighs almost the same although her mother is not that slim and gained normal weight while pregnant. BUT I think his growthspurt might be because I'm slim an small but OH is big man and weighs like a normal man. Maybe Kristan will also be like him but couldn't be a big baby while born because he just didn't have that much room. But that's just a guess.
emera35 - he is so cute :cloud9:
Muddles - happy anniversary :flower:

Unbelieveble, today morning Janely asked me when school starts. She already misses school. I wasn't even thinking of that but summer holiday is for 3 more weeks and that actually means we have to start looking for school supplies.

Katie Liverpool would be okay - I hear the shopping is good and its close to Chester which I LOVE lol!! I'll tell Steve :haha: I'm glad Daisy is doing okay, do you get to stay with her all the time? I bet she'll look cute i her 'customised' sleepsuits lol!

Muddles Happy Anniversary!! Where are you going for the day?

Its our wedding anniversay on the 28th August, I'm not sure what we'll be doing but Steve is off for the week. We were thinking of going away but we're going to stay home and get the house sorted, we have a few DIY bits to do and I think we're both thinking we need to get things in order in case he does get moved and we have to rent our house out, or even sell it. We will have a few day trips though which will be nice :)

muddles - happy anniversary!

katie - glad daisy is on the mend!

LM - glad chloe is ok.

well have spent the morning cleaning and clearing and packing for the weekend away. there's so much to take with 3 kids!!! i also want the flat to be in some sort of order. there's nothing worse than coming back to a messy home after a trip away!!!

Marta, I'm not exactly an elephant.. And Daisy was nearly 10lbs. :wacko:

Anyway, enough of that.
Sarah, shopping is fab here, there are just too many shops to choose from, especially now Liverpool One is open :lol:
I just stretched the sleeve in the end, by putting my whole hand and wrist into it :lol: then just folded it back and put it on her and it was fine :) yes I can be with her all the time, there's a pull out bed next to her cot and we're in a private room which makes things easier!
She's still really sleepy, but she's happier and not vomiting- although she's still not really eating much.
We're being moved onto a longer stay ward later today as this one is 48 hour and she won't be out tomorrow :(. I've got a few friends coming in to visit later which I'm happy about since it's soo boring in here! I can't even take her for a walk because we're waiting for her kidney consultant to come up from wherever he is!

Katie thats good that you can stay with her, but I can imaginbe how boring it is :( If I was closer I would bring you magazines lol!! If there is anything I can do from a distance though you know where I am :hugs:

I dont think the size of the mum has much affect on the size of the baby, pre-pregnancy I bet we were similar sizes - you're a bit taller than me thats all. And Oliver was a titch lol! He has put lots of weight on now to 'catch up'. A friend of mine is tiny - like 4 foot something and teeny . She's got four kids and they were all over nine pounds!!!!! Daisy was a bigger bun 'cos her mummy was such a damn good oven!!!!

I just managed to knock over a full glass of juice - argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey ladies!!!!!
OMG feels like it's been ages! I really have no time anymore and I 'm sure i should be doing something else other than sitting here but i can't resist!
It's great to hear about everyones journeys, i have read through some threads but obviuosly not all.
Katie... sorry to hear Daisy is poorly hun, fingers crossed she will be better soon and back home.
My girls are doing great Lexie is growing up and turning into a lovely little girl, she makes me so proud! The terrible twosome are living up to the name and are just hard work! There not all bad though and are sleeping through the night from 10.30pm until 7.00am and are in their own room! They are starting to interact with each other and it's the best thing in the world to see them smile at each other and make funny gurgling noises. They look like they really understand each other!

I don't want to drag up past posts but i just needed to say that Lexie had and was in a Jumperoo from 4 months, she couldn't reach the floor so we use to stand the next catalogue under so she could bounce. She had fantastic leg , back and neck strenghth from the minute she was born so she was definately ready for it! Lexie started walking at 10 months old and by her first birthday was confidently walking all the time. Now with the twins i know for sure that layla will be 'ready' much sooner than freya as their strengths are noticably different. Everyone knows their childs capabilities and is easy to tell if achild is comfortable or not. That is just my opinion though. xxx

hey guys!!! been ages hahaha

just wondering y my ticker says 2 months 4 days when he was 9 weeks on tues :s

how is u all??

Afternoon all,

Katie... I have been following the news about Daisy on Facebook..:hugs:

Marta.. I wholly accept that we are all entitled to our own opinions and can readily voice them on this site but on this particular thread where friendships have been built over the last 12 months, I was surprised at how insensitive and personal your post was about baby walkers :(

I guess this is just another issue where opinion is strongly divided and whilst I can understand your view... I can equally accept the view that they can be beneficial as long as they are used sensibly and for short periods of time. I will be using my jumperoo when Chloe is big enough but think we are a little way off that yet!

Hey Malpal... lovely to hear from you and glad to hear that your "terrible twosome" are living up to their name!

Muddles - Happy Anniversary!!

Logansmama.. I am so sorry to hear about Chloe but so glad that she is doing OK :)

Sarah.. it is our anniverary on 29th Aug.. do you have anything nice planned for yours?!

Well we are just back from Chloe's 12 week jabs so she needs some cuddles!!

:hugs: for chloe PG. i hate jabs. owen has his on monday. i really want a jumperoo but dont even dare mention it to OH as he'll no doubt think it's a waste of money as we have a doorway bouncer. i am worried the other two will hurt him unintentionally when he's in it by trying to push past him (we only have a small flat)

katie - hope daisy continues to make progress. hope u r out of hospital soon!

janny - nice to hear from you! how are things with you? i'm ok and owen is growing so big!!! not much sleep tho! oh about your ticker remember that a month is more than 4 weeks .

it is i thought a month was 4 weeks :s im ok ta Jared is getting so big too hes 12lb 8 now hahaha

Pussy Galore - it really wasn't ment to be that insensitive. Bad thing with internet is that you just read the text and can't see people emotions and body language. Of course it's okay if you use walkers and jumperoos when baby is ready for that, just some parents use these too early and too much. And then their 7yo kids are coming to P.E lessons with curved backs and are complaining about back pains. Once again, sorry :shy:

Wow its pretty amazing how many of us have anniversaries in August - -mine is on the 18th!

Katie: I am so glad Daisy is doing better :hugs:

Maybe: Bobby's jabs are tomorrow :(

Malpal: nice to hear from you! Glad to hear that the your girls are all doing so well :)

I agree that you know your own baby and what they can do. I won't be putting Bobby into a jumperoo for a while because his head control, although a lot better, is not quite strong enough yet.

Janny: nice to hear from you too!

PG: :hugs: to Chloe!

MalPal - so nice to see you! I'm glad the twins are oing well, they sound adorable!!!

Janny - good to see you too honey! Hows things? I hope you're doing well, Jared looks gorgeous!

PG - We don't have anything planned for our anniversary as yet, I might book my parents in to babysit so we can go out for dinner or something :) We've been married three years this year, it feels like five mins lol!! I hope Chloe's doing okay after her vaccinations :hugs:

Modo do you have any Anniversary plans?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"