Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Lovely wedding pictures LM, Sarah, Emera and Muddles. You are all beautiful ladies :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gave Bobby half a sachet of calpol 50 mins before his vaccinations and it made a huge difference. He barely cried compared to last month and he almost drank his whole bottle as we drove around the park. He has been normal all day. I am so relieved so far!

What beautiful pictures LM, Emera, Modo, Muddles and Sarah!! :)

I may have to dig some out! :blush:

Glad Bobby's jabs went well Modo.. it is such a relief to get the next set out of the way!! :)

L-C congrats on the progress :happydance:

And Katie great news about Daisy! :hugs:

That's great Katie!

Logansmama love your wedding pics too, you look stunning. :lol: at the comment about dancing.

Modo that's good about Bobby with his injections. Are the sachets of calpol easier to give than the medicine in a syringe thingy?

I'm not so sure now. She was awful in the night, I think they took her off IV antibiotics too soon- well, they definitely did as she was supposed to have 72 hours but ended up with 36 since the cannula went and they couldn't get another one in so had to put her onto oral antibiotics. But she doesn't like swallowing them so it's a battle to get even half into her and not have her spit it out- and because she's still got diahorrea (sp?) etc I'm not convinced she's getting it :shrug:
The doctor is coming round in a minute so I'm sure the next post will also be from me :lol:

I find the syringes really easy muddles, I've been using one daily since she was born so I've learned techniques now :lol: I just give her tiny bits right at the back of her mouths she can't spit it out too quickly and then give her some of her bottle to make her swallow it- more complicated for BFers though!

Oh no Katie I hope you get good news about Daisy when the doctor comes round. You must be an expert at giving medicine now! I have given Oliver Calpol with a syringe thing and no matter how little I gave at a time he poked it back out on his tongue!

Ooh it takes doctors sooo long to get ready for their round, he's been sat there reading stuff and writing things down since 9!

I am sorry to hear about this Katie! I hope Daisy is given the antibiotics she needs soon :hugs: :hugs:

Muddles: I am back to using syringe. While a lot of people find it easier to use the sachets I seem to get the technique wrong ie I always seem to spill some on Bobby. I find the syringe easier as Bobby likes the taste of calpol.

They're not giving much away! It all depends how much of her next antibiotic she swallows and whether she's sick again. Probably won't be home today, maybe tomorrow they said.. I feel like we live here! I don't know how people cope with their baby being in NICU for 10 weeks!

Well we're not getting home today, that's for sure! I'll x my fingers on tomorrow. I'm exhausted, I think the last time Daisy slept through was 10 days ago and since then she's been up crying over half the night :dohh:

Katie I really hope Daisy is feeling better soon - I wish I could help somehow :hugs:

Can anyone watch Daisy for you for while you get some sleep? I know you want to be there with her, but yiu need to keep yourself well too honey. A good few hours sleep would do you the world of good, even if you didn't go home, just to get some sleep.

I hope V is looking after you?

Big hugs to you ll sweetie x

Hi everyone! I'm back after a lovely holiday. We went camping in France on the west coast. It was lovely and sunny and Alex was really good. He slept through the night, although since we got back he's been awful at night, acting like a newborn :sleep:

I hope you and your babies are all doing well, I have read through all the posts since my last post (phew!! took an hour and a half :haha:).

What stands out was Daisy - Katie I hope she's better tomorrow and you can get home. you've both been through some tough times! you must be exhausted :flower::hugs:

I love all your wedding pictures, made me feel all emotional! :blush::haha: I loved my wedding, I've put some pics on too :) x

Attachments

• AB4.jpg
    AB4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6
  • wedding1.jpg
    wedding1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 7
  • wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 7
Thankyou all :)
Sarah, my mum has been on holiday for a week and missed all this, but she got home last night (I missed her SO much). I'm going to see how today goes (I'm hoping to be discharged so we can go home at last!) and maybe my mum will have Daisy over night one night so I can catch up on my sleep!
Amy I'm glad you had a nice holiday xxx
The one positive thing here is that this stay has definitely reminded me of where I want to be in my life- working in healthcare! Either midwifery or child nursing ideally, which is where I've been aiming for since I was really young, maybe about 10?
Ah I'm tired. Daisy is soo settled tonight, her last feed was 9.30 and she's slept since :happydance: such a great sign!

LogansMama - I've heard of "Wolverine" but don't know anything about it.
emera35 - I know what you mean with mattresses. It was such a headache to choose on for Kristan. Carseats are way too curved, I wouldn't imagine sitting in there but Kristan loves it. When he's upset I put him into it, stand and spread my legs and swing him back and forth between my legs. Hope you understand what I ment :wacko: But yes, can't keep him there for long.
modo, emera35, Sarahwoo, muddles, LogansMama, A3my - your pics are amazing. It made me think about my weddings :cloud9: Why do good things end so fast?
Windmills - finger crossed for you :hugs:

I've been going running again but not often. Twice a week and just jogging for about half an hour so I'm really not fit. Today I got a call from National Defence regional unit and they asked me to go running with them. On 12th September our capital helds City Run which distance is 10km. Our unit is going with a team and I don't know why but I said yes. That means I have 4 weeks to get fit. Ohh, it's so hard to get back on track and to get myself out of room in 4 or 5 days a week.

marta - god you are soooooooo much fitter than me! i need to start dieting and exercising and stop making excuses :blush:

amy - glad you had a good holiday!

katie - hope you get discharged and manage to catch up on some :sleep:

LC - glad you are making progress with will.

i love all the wedding pics. i dont have any digital ones to upload. we have been married 5 yrs (july 17th) but together 10 years.

we had a good weekend. spent all day at the pool. last night we went to tivoli world theme park and were there til past 1am!!! the kids have never stayed up that late!!! lol! i slept so badly though. owen was unsettled and i was worried he'd slip down the jpin in te sofabed or fall off the bed. the air con in the room may have unsettled him too as it did get a bit chilly. the room was great though, perfect for us - studio appartment, lots of space, a kitchenette and balcony and very close to thepool. the entertainment was also good.

i'm really pissed off as my new mobile has broken. i'm going to take it back tomorrow. i'd better get given a new one! it was over £300 and not lasted 2 weeks!!! :growlmad::grr: so i'm back to using danny's old one with the cracked screen :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->