Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Marta.. no problem! The internet does have its downside!!! :)

Sarah.. congrats on 3 years!! We are approaching our first anniversary and what a year it has been! We already have a babysitter lined up and are going out for a big meal (sorry weight watchers!! :blush:)

And congrats Modo too.. and :hugs: for Bobby tomorrow :)

And thanks guys, Chloe seems OK after her jabs.. she is actually fast asleep in her cot at the mo! My only worrry is that her weight gain slowed down after the first set of jabs and we had only just got back on track!! Still at least if she doesn't put as much weight on next week, I will be prepared!

Maybebaby.. I hope Owen's jabs are OK on Monday :hugs:

Modo do you have any Anniversary plans?

xx

Nope. We will probably go out for lunch with Bobby. If we can time it right with his naps. Otherwise we will rent some movies from Blockbusters and order a take-out.

Bobby did not take his afternoon nap today so getting him to bed this evening was a nightmare :dohh: Its also his jabs tomorrow :(

Marta - LOL about Logan's name! Over here it can be either a boy's name or a girl's name - but I think more people are using it for boy's now-a-days. We actually picked it from the character "Wolverine" - whose real name is Logan... not sure if you are familiar with him....

PG - Dillon just had his shots 2 days ago. He actually ran a temp after them this time - but I gave him some tylenol and he was fine. Glad Chloe did okay for you.

Maybe - good luck to Owen on Monday!

Katie - I hope Daisy continues to improve and gets to come home soon. Hospitals are awful unless you are in the maternity ward... then its lots of pampering - at least here anyways! Any other time though - they suck!!

Over here - things are still going smooth. My boys are doing fine and my niece is still improving! ttyl...

wow PG you guys had a busy first year of marriage!!!

How long have you been married Modo? We should post a pic from our wedding days, I'm on my phone at the moment but I'll put one on tomorrow! I could talk weddings all day, good job really been a wedding coordinator :haha:

Well normally I keep Oliver with me until I go to bed at about 10pm, he sleeps on me or in his moses basket. But tonight he kept waking up so at 8pm I brought him to bed. I was going to get up again now he's settled and I really should - I could get loads done. But now I'm in bed I'm all chilled out and ready to go to sleep - gosh going to bed at 8pm, I'm almost embarrassed lol!

ooh sarah - bed at 8pm! nice! enjoy and don't feel guilty!!!

owen is still awake. :dohh: he keeps sucking on my boob for a few seconds and then getting off and looking at me and giving me a cheeky grin. he seems to be feeding all the time. maybe the heat? :shrug:. it's 29.3 degrees out and 29.6 in and we dont have air con or fans! :dohh: i'm melting! and it's 10.15pm!!! off for the weekend tomorrow so will catch up on monday unless the hotel has wi-fi. have a lovely weekend all xxx

Ohhh, so THIS is where this thread ended up! I thought it had disappeared...I feel so thick! :roll:

Hope everyone is doing well :flower:

Evening Ladies!

Well now Roh finally went to sleep i can catch up! (Hubbie got home late and decided to play with Roh loads after giving him his bottle so it too like 2 hours to settle him, cute but :dohh:)

Katie - Big :hugs: to you and Daisy, glad she's starting to improve, i hope she continues, at least she is a decent weight so she has the reserves and strength to get better :) :hugs:

Maybebaby3 - Hope you have a lovely weekend away, can't imagine packing for 3 children, it was bad enough packing just for Roh and me last weekend :wacko:

PG - :hugs: for Chloe, i hate jabs now after Roh's reaction to the last lot :( At least he doesn't have any more until 12 months now :thumbup:

LM - :hugs: for your neice, glad she's improving :)

Malpal - Hi there, glad the girls are doing well, it must be so cute watching them chat to eachother :D

Janny - Hi too, hope you and Jared are both doing well :hugs:

AFC84 - Hi! :flower:

Muddles - Happy Anniversary! Oh and the green thing in the picture is a big cuddly crocodile i got from ikea, i just love bright colours! :haha: Plus Roh's nursery is an animal theme, well not so much a theme, but everything is animals. I plan to do a big jungle mural on one wall, but likely i'll do that when we move house, which will happen at some point.

Marta - I here what you are saying about children's backs, you must see some problems from your work. Although its true that all of us responsible mums on here know our own babies level of strength :) It does make me glad that i moved Roh to his cot now though, the mattress is nice and firm and he looks so much more comfy. The one in the moses basket was quite dipped in, and can't have been doing him much good.
Roh has a door bouncer, and he really likes it, although he hasn't quite worked it out and tends to kick off with one leg and set himself into a spin. I was watching him in it last week and i had to go stop him twirling round as he was starting to look a bit dizzy! :haha: I like to give him 5 minutes in there every so often, i think the exercise is good for him, he's pretty strong and likes being in a standing position :) I get more worried about the car seat to be honest, he really never looks comfy in that and i hate the way it forces him to sit in that curved position. I guess thats why they reccommend that babies aren't in them for more than 2 hours at a time.

I agree with Sarah that babies' sizes don't bare any relation to the size of the mother. My SIL is tiny, she's under 5 feet tall and petite, my neice was a right bruiser! :haha: And i'm a big girl (size 18 at the moment) and Roh was titchy! :D
I find it amazing how babies are all so unique though, they all grow differently and do different things. Roh is bigger now than his cousin was at the same age, and she weighed about 3 pounds more at birth. Also, Roh has never blown raspberries, and yet i see other babies his age doing it all the time. Facinating! :)

So many wedding anniversaries! Congratulations all of you! :) Its my 7th anniversary coming up too, the first week of September. Guess its the height of wedding season though :)
Sarah, what a great job you have! I've done some event management and co-ordination in the past, i enjoyed it alot, although weddings must be much more rewarding, and stressful too at times i imagine? :)

Nice day today, met some friends for coffee, and popped to town to get another thicker sleeping bag for Roh as he's getting a bit chillier in his cot. Poor chap woke up last night and his hands were like icicles :( He looks alot more snuggly tonight :) Also its so nice to have him back to his normal self again, all smiley and playful :) :cloud9:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all :)

modo - good luck with bobby's jabs tomorrow. And Happy Anniversary. how many years?

It will be 4 years on the 18th but we have been together since December 2003.

Here are three pics (the fantastic eyelashes are fake!):

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/Wedding/IMG_67170.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/Wedding/IMG_66992.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/Wedding/IMG_66977.jpg

Thankyou all for your kind words and thoughts.
Modo, you look beautiful!!

Modo - Your pictures are just amazing, you look stunning! And what a beautiful sunny day it was! :cloud9:

Here are a couple of my wedding all those years ago, they are slightly crap but the only ones i can find that are currently digital :

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/emera3537/n513788557_37248_2060.jpg

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/emera3537/n513788557_37252_3235.jpg

Ahhh, that brings back some memories! :cloud9:

Wow - Modo and Emera you both look stunning!!!!

We got married at the Bellagio in Vegas . . . I don't have any pics on this computer with my 'proper' wedding dress on (it was HUGE so I only wore it for about 30 mins - oops!! Vegas was waaaaay to hot for a huge dress!!). These are some pics we had taken out and about :cloud9:

Attachments

• n582396659_320438_4220.jpg
    n582396659_320438_4220.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 10
  • n582396659_320447_6473.jpg
    n582396659_320447_6473.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 15
  • n582396659_320440_4701.jpg
    n582396659_320440_4701.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 19
  • n582396659_320444_5690.jpg
    n582396659_320444_5690.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 15
  • n582396659_320439_4449.jpg
    n582396659_320439_4449.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
Well Oliver had a great night! From going to sleep at 8pm (and me just after 9pm :haha:) he slept until half 12, then back to sleep until half five! We then got up at seven, did some playing and then he was napping again from about 8 until after 9, an now he's napping again. if only every day was this easy lol!!!!

Katie - how is Daisy doing this morning?

modo, emera, sarah - Awesome pics! Vegas looks really great. I wanna go there so bad. We actually had thought about doing our wedding there - but when my mom heard "Vegas" she kind-of freaked out - guess she thought we were going to get married by Elvis or something... LOL.

Sarah this is going to sound really sad but being the cheapskates we are rather than paying to go to a zoo or aquarium we went to this huge pet shop near here that has loads of salt water fish, tropical fish, snakes, tortoises, reptiles...as well as more normal pets such as hamsters and rabbits. Oliver was doing crazy eyes (opening them really wide and his eyebrows were going up and down like he couldn't believe what he was seeing) and he seemed to love the really bright fish and watched them for ages. We then went for a nice meal on the way back and had a couple of drinks once Oliver was asleep as he point blank refuses a bottle so have to wait until he is definitely asleep before drinking! I am such a cheap date these days as I felt pretty merry after one rum and coke :lol:

Happy anniversary to Sarah for the 28th. It was our third anniversry too. On our honeymoon we got evacuated because of a category 5 hurricane! :lol: It made us laugh so much as it was called Hurricane Dean and we have a friend called Dean who is slim build and not at all scary like a hurricane :rofl:

Malpal was wondering how you were getting on. Nice to hear all three girls are doing so well.

Janny :hi: How is Jared doing? The reason the ticker may not match what you think is that there is just over four weeks in a month so it may be slightly out from what you think.

PG Happy Anniverary for the 29th. How is Chloe today? Has she recovered from her jabs?

Modo happy anniversary for the 18th. How did Bobby's jabs go?

Katie how is Daisy today? You must be going insane not being able to get out and about with her.

Have a great time away maybebaby. I can't believe how much stuff I now need to pop out with Oliver for an afternoon never mind three kids and two adults for a weekend-think i'd need a trailer as my car is tiny!

Logansmama glad your niece is improving. Hopefully she will make a speedy recovery.

emera I love Ikea so feel a need for a trip down there to look at toys for Oliver. Happy anniversary to you too for the start of September. I agree with what you said about Sarah's job-I'd love it!

You look stunning in your pictures Emera, Sarah and Modo.

Here are a couple from my wedding - (the only ones I have on this computer) - We got Married in July of 2004, but have been together since 1994. (The one pic is me dancing with my Dad, not my husband - LOL)

Attachments

• 36361_1330073007564_1103151160_30723977_8004739_s.jpg
    36361_1330073007564_1103151160_30723977_8004739_s.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 36361_1330073087566_1103151160_30723979_4396597_s.jpg
    36361_1330073087566_1103151160_30723979_4396597_s.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 36361_1330072967563_1103151160_30723976_7782680_s.jpg
    36361_1330072967563_1103151160_30723976_7782680_s.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 36361_1330073127567_1103151160_30723980_4158980_s.jpg
    36361_1330073127567_1103151160_30723980_4158980_s.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 28
Hi

Hope you are all well....especially Daisy I hope she is feeling better and home soon!! :hugs:

Sarah that sounds like a lovely sleep..well done Oliver :thumbup:

Congratulations for all the Wedding anniversaries, we will have been married two years in September to. I don't think my pictures will upload, the files are too big. You all look gordeous in yours!! We got married in Bali, it was just the two of us and was perfect.

Will has started to roll over this week, I missed the first one, Daddy saw it and was very chuffed as he is feeling bit left out, Will is a real Mummy's boy.

We have made some progress this week, although he has the dummy back!! Only because after not having it for three days he was feeding more to feed his sucking habit and giving himself awful wind.. He had to have it back he was in such pain :cry:

He has been napping in his bed and not being rocked to sleep - horay!! on the plus side he is really trying hard to suck his thumb and as soon as he realises his hands are his I think he will trade the dummy for his thumb :thumbup:

Hey muddles the pet shop sounds like a fab day out!

Well I hope you all have a good weekend xx

I love all these wedding pictures, you all look fab!
We're hopefully getting discharged with home care tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->