Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Hey i've only just seen this thread. Do you mind if I start posting?
My daughter Lanie was born on the 24th April

welcome mommieoftwo! your daughters are gorgeous!

has anyone heard from jolou? havent seen her around lately so was just wondering if she's ok. owen has fallen asleep in his swing at last so am not even going to try and take him out i think i shall just take him to the bedroom in there and let him sleep there til he wakes for a feed as if i take him out he'll no doubt wake up and be impossible to settle again and i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired! night night girls xxx

maybebaby3 - set a goal for yourself and it keeps pushing you. After my reply I felt so badly that went running. Made me feel a lot better.
I'm sure they'll give you new mobile. I got new one in Spring and I'm so happy with it :thumbup:
mommieoftwo - welcome :flower:

Mommieoftwo - Welcome! Nice to have you here. Your littlest girl is 4 days younger than my little boy.

Katie - How is Daisy? I hope she is doing better by now! For both your sakes!

Well ladies - its back to the grind for me in the morning. Can't believe it! This week shouldn't be too bad because I can come home for lunch every day if I want... (of course I do!). This is only preplanning week - so no students yet. Next Monday the kids come though - so I won't be able to do that anymore. I guess its a nice way to ease back into things. I should be in bed by now - since I'll have to be up at 6am, but I'm used to staying up until 1-2am every night now... so no chance of my falling asleep early tonight. Guess I'll just be exhausted tomorrow!

Maybe - Dillon starts out the night EVERY night in his swing. I don't move him to his crib until I am going to bed or else he'll wake up. He is comfortable in there. And I think its okay for his back because its not the old fashioned chair kind of swing, its the papasan/cradle kind. He always seems more comfortable sitting up a little bit - either in his swing or carseat, than laying flat down on the mattress. Whatever works....

LM - Hope your 1st day back at school was ok!!! what kind of hours do you work there? my official hours are 8.45am - 3.15pm but of course there are after school clubs (i do choir) and after school staff meetings and planning meetings.

Marta - i think i shall start dieting next monday but as for exercise i dont know how to fit it in as the kids are all so young there never seems to be a good time.

i went to visit a nursery today for erin to start in september. it is really good (ofsted regulated, the only one here in gibraltar which is) but also expensive - £20 for a session from 8am - 1pm so am going to send her 2 days, or maybe 3 if we can afford it. we will only have danny's pay as from november til i go back to work and that wont be much as a trainee police officer.

maybebaby3- Thankyou, I think so but maybe im a little biased.

Logan's mama- Aww thats really cute

Thankyou all :) we got home last night, Daisy is much better and we have an appointment 1st September for a DMSA, an ultrasound on the 7th, and an appointment with her consultant the same afternoon.
I'll write replies to everyones posts later, just wanted to let you all know how things are here x x

great news katie!!!

oh i forgot to say before that owen had his vaccines today and they weighed him and he's 15lbs 12oz :wacko: no wonder my arms hurt! :rofl: he's 3 months tomorrow! how time flies!!!

Hi ladies!

Just a quick one from me - my laptop has decided it doesn't want to connect to the internet - bloomin thing! So I'm on using my phone, hopefully I'll be back on to catch up properly soon!!!

Just wanted to say Katie I'm so pleased that Daisy is doing well and is home :hugs:

X

Hi all,

Katie - thats great news :hugs: glad Daisy is feeling better :flower:

LM - hope your first day back wasn't too bad :hugs:

Marta - thats quite a goal you have to aim for but very inspirational. I cant wait to get back to running and horse-riding but I'm still not brave enough to leave Alex :dohh::blush:

Hi Mommieoftwo :hi:

Katie - Super news about Daisy! What a relief to have her home.

Maybe - I work 7:45 - 3:15, and not one minute before or after (until/unless I start tutoring after school for extra $$). The students are there from 8:15 - 2:45. The time without them is for planning and meetings and such.

And OMG Owen is a big boy! Dillon is just over 11lbs, and is 4 months (but he's little). How big was Owen at birth?

A3my - My first day back was good. Big waste of 3 hours in the morning though... they had a welcome back breakfast which was nice, but then the next 2 hours we talked about nonsense.... grr. I could have got a lot done during that time.

Yay Katie and Daisy! Bet you are so pleased to be out.

Lovely wedding picture A3my.

Thankyou all! It's lovely to be home- but I have sooo much washing to do, a baby with vomiting and diahorrea goes through soo many sleepsuits, vests and bibs!
Owen is a fab weight. They weighed Daisy in the hospital and she was 7.37kg, but they wrote 7.7 for some reason? I know it was 7.37 though because she was 4.37 when she was born and I remember thinking it was weird :lol:

Hello Ladies,

Well after the whole breatmilk-laptop fiasco I am finally back online :yipee:

Well I have tried my best to catch up on previous posts but there are alot!

I am glad that you all seem to be getting on ok. Katie - I was sorry to read that Daisy had been so unwell and am pleased to see that she is improving now :thumbup:

Joni is doing ok. She is now cooing and talking to herself and us all the time which is super-cute :cloud9: She is tall and lean like her Dada - 25th centile (adjusted) for weight and 98th for height.

We have had a wobbly month or so since I think I last posted, with Joni not pooping and feeding properly which lead to her being in an awful mood all the time and only gaining a few ounces over the last month. After 2 weeks of breast refusal and many, many tears on my part I decided that it was time to give myself a break and introduce formula. It has been heartbreaking phasing out breastfeeding in view of the all the weeks of expressing just to get her breastfeeding in the first place when she was born :cry: I did contemplate expressing but I just don't think that mentally or emotionally I could have done that again.

So it is a week on from the first formula feed and Joni is nearly on full formula feeds now and so far is doing great :thumbup: Her mood is better, she cries less and interestingly enough she has pooped really well in comparison to being exclusively breastfed :shrug:

Oh and your wedding photos are all really gorgeous as are you babies :mrgreen: They are all growing so fast - here are a couple of pictures of Joni now:

https://i33.tinypic.com/kcbko.jpg

https://i34.tinypic.com/2h7h3m0.jpg

Well little miss is requiring a different activity so I think we might do some reading - well looking at pictures :winkwink:

Have a good day :hugs:

frufru - nice to hear from you! glad joni is doing well! what great pics!!! dont beat yourself up about the bf, you have done really well!!! as for the ff poop v's bf poop it is normal for bf babies to go up to 10 days without pooping as bm is so tailored for them there is less wastage = less poop!!!

we went shopping and on the way back erin did a huge wee in her car seat so i have had to take it out and take it to pieces to wash it. i'm not even sure i will remember how to put it back!!! oh dear.

Katie: Great to hear you are back at home. I really hope Daisy is back to normal soon.

Frufru: Lovely to hear from you and so glad you are back! Joni is beautiful :kiss:

Maybe: sorry to hear about your carseat!

LM: Glad your day went well but I am sorry they wasted your time :(

Hi Ladies! :)

Katie - So glad you are both back at home and doing well. I hear you on the laundry, thankfully Roh's gastric flu passed quickly, but my godness what alot of washing d&v creates! :hugs:

Frufru - great to hear from you, Joni is just gorgeous! :cloud9: Its great you've got her feeding sorted out now, and whilst it might not be what you wanted or planned to do, having a happy healthy baby, and you being happy and healthy too to take care of her is what counts! :flower:

Maybe - Nightmare about the carseat, hope you get it put back together ok! :wacko:

LM - Hope work is still going ok after your second day back.

Loving the wedding pictures, everyone looks so beautiful :)

Had Roh weighed today and he's 13lb 5oz, so following his line really well, somewhere between the 2nd and 9th centiles. I'm really pleased with that considering he's been poorly :) Makes me giggle, i measured him for a laugh, as the HV don't do it anymore apparently. Anyway he's 65cm, which is on the 75th centile. He's so tall and skinny! :haha: just like his daddy :) Sometimes i worry that he's quite little, but then i guess he was early, and he seems happy and healthy and very very active lol! :)

Watched the red arrows doing a display at the weekend, it was amazing, Roh liked the coloured smoke in the sky, but really wasn't keen on the close fly-bys they did, it scared him and made him cry! :dohh: Wasn't only him though, i was laughing because each fly-by was followed by a few seconds silence and then the sound of about 20 babies crying :haha: After the first fly-by i spent the rest of the display with my hands over his ears :thumbup: It wasn't really too loud, but it was a very sudden noise as the go by soo fast! What a cool job though! They come every year for the balloon fiesta, so i'm sure he'll appreciate it more in a couple of years time :)

I keep having minor panics that my milk supply is dropping :wacko: Roh takes about 8oz in the evening from a bottle and i worked really really hard to up my supply so that i could express all that for him each evening. Its been fine for ages, but suddenly in the last few days i'm really struggling to get enough :( Not too sure what to do about it, i'm hoping its just a phase...

:hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->