Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

i got it for 38.. which is cheaper than bought new, which i see at 60 quid? i keep missing the auctions for cheaper so i thought sod it!

ive been very lucky with harrison and his jabs, he only really needed some calpol the first night after his last set and that set gave him a very dodgy belly, i think it may be because they gave 3 jabs instead of 2..

Helloo!

Jolou - poor you having Sophie waking from age 2 - 5 :wacko:

Marta - you're inspirational with your running!! Thats brilliant :thumbup:

frufru - hope the routine continues with Joni :hugs: thanks for the nap info. I really do need to sort Alex's out. He went down without crying tonight so that shows persistance carries off :)

CG - a toy library is such a good idea!!

Modo - thanks for posting the 4s technique. I'm really glad it has worked for you. I will try it out with my little napping terror!

Well Holly my 9 year old has now decided she cant get to sleep, its been going on for a while now but tonight she's been so upset. She asked for sleeping tablets :shock: I gave her an ovaltine but she said it didnt help. She's now in bed with Emily :dohh:

could it be something bothering her amy? sophie started being like that towards the end of the school year, it all came out that her psoriasis was bothering her cos people kept saying it was chicken pox and that she shouldnt be in school, as soon as she told me i had a chat with her on her bed and got things sorted, she started to sleep alot better. im not saying its the same with holly but maybe she has something on her mind?

as for the sleeping thing from age 2-5, it was mroe she would wake in the middle of the night a couple fo times trying to get in bed wiht me, before i met mark id let her but ofc once i met him i had to slowly stop it so we would end up feeling it was an endless night of walking her back to her room with her crying

Yeah I think you're right. She's just come down and told me she still cant sleep so I'll go and have a chat with her. I bet it was nice having Sophie for comfort before you met Mark :)

yeah it was nice.. untill she would spread her whole body across the bed, id have a leg in my face! ;)

Argh, Roh still has the runs, he's pooing at least every hour, and its waking him up in the night, i'm shattered, he's not dehydrated or ill otherwise and the doctor said it will run its course, hopefully.... he's all grumpy though as his bum is starting to get horribly sore, he screams a each nappy change :cry: I'm plastering on the sudocream, but it doesn't seem to be helping,.... any tips girls?

:hugs:

amy - sorry you are having sleep troubles with holly as well as alex! :hugs:

emera - i dont know what else to suggest other than nappy free time. put an old towel down and let him have a kick about?

jo - nice to hear from you!

sarah - get well soon :hugs:

well sleep here is still nightmarish. i got owen to sleep from 3-6am (in my bed) but before 3 i got no sleep as he kept stirring and crying but he was asleep/half asleep. think he may be teething which is not helping matters :dohh: am so tired and run down that i have got a bad throat and ears now.

Hi everyone!

Marta I hope the run goes well - I wish I had your motivation! You are quite an inspiration :)

CG our sure start centre does toy library too, I haven't used it yet though. I remember going to toy library when I was little, it was great lol! I hadn't thought about joining the book library but I think I will now :) singing hello in a group is my idea of hell too, why do people do things like that ?!

Modo I'm glad thinks are going well for you! It sounds like you have the routine all sussed!

I am still feeling pretty rubbish but much better than yesterday. I felt so bad! Luckily Steve was on a day off so he got up with Oliver and then looked after him all day, just giving him to me for feeds. I soooo missed my cuddles but I was able to take it easy and Oliver had a lovely time with his dad, they did all sorts of fun stuff!

I'm missing baby massage today as I don't want to spread my cold around.

I'm sure I had more to say but I can't remember now! Hope everyone is well x

another flying visit i'm afraid. thank you for the 4 s's though. i may have to have a go at the ssh and pat method maybe. my mum is still staying with us on and off. after her accident she's been coming for weeks at a time so our teeny house is rather full. it's been fab to have her but it will be nice to be able to do things like come on the computer from time to time!! ha.

abz xx

Evening all!

abz - I hope your mum is on the mend :hugs:

Sarah - glad to hear you're feeling better :hugs:. I remember when Holly was a baby and I had a horrible vomitting bug. Its so hard looking after them when you feel like death. Thats great Steve was able to help out :thumbup:

emera - I'd say the same as maybebaby, lots of nappy free time. Bepanthanen cream is good too, I know when botties get really sore the sudocreme sort of smears of the really sore bits. Poor little Roh, hope he gets better soon :hugs::flower:

maybe - really sorry you are feeling run down and poorly :flower: I have half good nights with alex now, he's good from 8 ish (but getting him to sleep is hell) untill about 3 but then he's awake giggling/crying/moaning. :dohh: do you feel like you are making progress with Owen, even if in little steps? Is he feeding more in the day now?

Well I had a nice walk at the seaside with my heavily pregnant sister today. she's fed up with being pregnant, but petrified of having the baby. She's a doctor so I expect she'll be a terrible "patient" :dohh: :)

Hi ladies... Quick update on my niece Chloe. She has to stay in the hospital another 3 weeks probably - and if she isn't better by then, she might need a LIVER TRANSPLANT!! :( I feel so horrible for her and her mom.... her whole family really. Her poor brothers and sisters barely see their mom anymore... her next oldest is only 4... her older 2 are only 8. They miss their mommy. She misses her kids but doesn't want to leave the baby either. She goes home for a few hours here and there, but thats it. Its so hard on all of them. The most important thing is that Chloe gets well, but geesh! This is so difficult. Please keep them in your prayers.

bleurgh feel so yukky with cold! on the plus side though owen slept 12.30am-3am and then after a feed til almost 6am. unfortunately i kept expecting him to wake so i was keeping myself awake until about 1.30am to be sure he was fast asleep! hope this will be a pattern. he was very unsettled all day yesterday. i think he's teething but no sign of an actual tooth breaking through though!

LM - hope chloe gets better and does not need a transplant. how awful!

Amy - well done for getting Alex to sleep better :thumbup: is holly getting to sleep ok now?

amy - he is feeding more in the day but if i am out i have to use the bf shawl my friend gave me as he will look everywhere and not feed as he's so nosy. he also prefers feeding lying down with me lying down too, so not an option if we are out and about :haha: i am determined not to give up bf though! with dylan i feel i gave in too easily to the pressure to ff. at 3 months he had his 1st bottle of formula and by 5 months he prefered bottle to breast. with erin i exclusively bf til 21 months. i was far more confident. what did you do with emily and holly?

Maybe: That's really great that Owen is sleeping more!

Amy: great news that Alex is also sleeping better! Good luck to you sister :)

LM: I am so sorry to hear that Chloe is still in hospital and may need a kidney transplant :( I am really hoping things get better for her entire family :hugs:

Bobby didn't wake up at 4am today which I am so pleased about :) Although like Maybe I woke up at 4am and 5am expecting him to be crying. I have a video monitor and saw him stirring at 5am but he seemed to settle himself back to sleep. I hope that this is it now for his night wakings!

GREAT NEWS - Chloe is coming home today afterall! The surgeon changed his mind and said her numbers look good enough for her to go home. They still need to keep a close eye on her and keep her on special medicine, but at least she gets to go home! :)

Maybe great news about Owen's sleep :thumbup: thats a tricky one that he prefers to feed lying down! not something you can do easily in the shops or at the park etc :haha: well dont for sticking with it though:hugs: Emily stopped wanting BF at 9 months and so I stopped Holly at 9 months so it was fair (silly but I was young!) but I bet she wouldve fed for longer :( I'm determined to feed Alex for at least a year. I'm a bit worried about my milk though, he was getting stressed feeding today and when I squeezed there was none there :cry::nope: I must get some of that fenugreek stuff. Holly is still struggling to get to sleep and Alex was terrible last night :dohh: fingers crossed tonight is better!

LM I'm so glad Chloe was allowed home, what a horrible situation for them :hugs::hugs::flower:

modo - youve done brilliantly with Bobby's sleep :thumbup: I am going to read your last posts about the shh-pat method again and really give it a go next week. well done you and Bobby :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->