• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

jolou - Sorry about your washer! Mine broke a few months ago. It sucked having to spend $$ on a new one - but mine wasn't worth fixing. LOOOOVVVEEE my new one though - its great! Next we will need a new dryer - but I'm hoping ours lasts for a while longer!

kitten - OUCH. Sucks about your tooth. Glad to hear its all taken care of now!

So how are everyone's OH's doing with helping with the babies? Mine doesn't do a thing to help with the new baby - but he does help. He helps with Logan and does other stuff - but avoids the new one at all costs! He is so nervous around him! I understood the 1st time around - when Logan was a baby - but I thought he'd be better about it this time. I mean - I don't mind doing everything - but I wish he would TRY to help! I am nursing and don't pump - so its not like he can help with feeds. But he has NEVER changed one diaper since Dillon has arrived - again I don't mind but wish he would TRY to help. He will hold him - but only if I ask him too... and then its only for the minimal amount of time possible - as soon as he starts to fuss he wants to give him back. I wish he could just relax with him! Its like he has NO CONFIDENCE in his ability to care for the little guy. I know it will get better when he is bigger... and I really don't mind - I just wish there was something I could do to help him relax and be more comfortable around him! Last night I handed him the baby to hold while I got his bath ready. Dillon started to fuss and he was all - "take him back he's fussing"... I told him to "try this..." or that... and "hold on" - I was kind of forcing him to deal with it. I asked him what he would do if I wasn't home! He didn't really answer but I'm sure he was thinking he would just freak out! I feel bad for him! What can I do? I want him to get more comfortable! There is a great possibility that he will be taking care of him while I go back to work in a few months... he needs to learn to cope before then! Any suggestions?

LM mark is pretty much the same with Harrison. He doesnt really help at all with him, only if i ask him to do things, before he went back to work he would make the bottles up wash them, sterilise them, feed him etc but now he has gone back to work i have to force him to help me once he gets home, im not so bothered with the bottle side of things, to be honest i prefer doing it myself, i know they are getting done properly then (im sure they would anyway but im just a control freak lol) but it would be nice if he would offer to take harrison for a feed or a bath or to change his nappy. he has done a total of 2 messy nappies, and only changes his wet ones if i remind him to, even then he doesnt use anything so i find myself redoing it once mark is out of sight. he has only bathed him once and that was forced so i could show him how its done.. this was literally 3 days after i came out of hospital so he had no choice really. this morning he really got to me, harrison woke up about 20 minutes before mark was due to get up for work, so i thought he would just get up there and then and start feeding him for me.. no he just held him for a few minutes then i heard him say "oh come on stop crying so i can get ready and goto the loo" er try feeding him since your up earlier?? lol And right now sophie is with her dad for the week as he is helping with school runs since i cant drive yet, so its not like mark has to help out there either and all of a sudden now he is back at work he has stopped helping with chores.. im still trying to recover from a section lol there are certain things i shouldnt be doing, ive already managed to hurt myself on one side of my incision . I think the only way to deal with it (in marks case anyway) is to just force him into doing things, i understand mark is probably nervous with it being his first but i had to learn the hard way with sophie since i had noooo experience at all.

ohh and the washing machine problem still isnt fixed.. mark is insisting we get someone out first to look at it.. seems pointless to me as they will charge us a call out fee and no doubt say it will cost more than new one to get fixed.

can anyone tell i woke up grouchy ;)

Jolou, sucks about your washing machine :( Mine broke just after we got Roahn home! I panicked lol, but i have an insurance thingy i pay like £7 a month and then any breakdown repair is free, and if they can't fix it, they buy me a new one. I was going to cancel it, but now the machine is over 6 years old, and breaks down about every 6 months, its actually very worth keeping! :) (preying they can't fix it next time, i quite fancy a new machine! :haha:)

Kitten, hope your tooth is feeling better! :hugs:

Jolou, big :hugs::hugs: i was really grouchy yesterday too i feel your pain!

AFC i tend to take everything i read in books with a pinch of salt, after all, they never met my little man, how do they know his needs? :shrug: However i just take what sounds like it will work out of each one, and build up something that works for me and him, so i'm not following a set "routine" from a book, just ideas from a few i like the sound of :) I have another good book:
Baby Sense by Megan Faure & Ann Richardson
https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Sense-Megan-Faure/dp/0806527250

(not sure how to do the link properly)
I've found it really helpful in identifying when he needs to go to sleep or have some quiet time.

Routine wise, well we don't really have one! Rohan has his own though so i'm just going with that. I'm trying to do EASY from the baby whisperer, very loosely following it though. Rohan will wake up, eat, then we'll have winding and nappy change, then a little bounce or play, and then i'll put him down to nap/sleep. If he really won't settle i'll put him in the sling to sleep. At night we just cut out the playing part. It really wasn't possible to do that at all until about 2 weeks ago, when he started staying awake after his feeds. There is no timings to the routine though, sometimes he'll sleep for 1 hour, sometimes 3, i just feed him when he wakes up (he's always hungry :haha:) The only thing we do is have a very small nighttime routine, of bath, massage,into night clothes, EBM bottle and then bed, and we whisper from after the bathtime and keep the lights low. Not sure how well thats working really, but i'm hoping its going to set him up for later on when he's a bit older?

As for my OH Logansmama! Hah, i guess i'd say he is enthusiastic, but nervous and often alot less helpful than he plans to be :dohh: :haha:
I'm thrilled he wants to be involved, but i find every time he helps out i have to redo whatever he's done, particularly with nappy changing. Firstly we have a joke that he has a "nappy radar", when ever there is a really dirty nappy, he's always about to leave for work or busy doing something, or he had just finished feeding Rohan and will hand him to me and i hear the poo happen :haha: so in over 5 weeks he's dealt with about 2 poos and thats it! :haha: And i usually have to readjust the nappy after he's done it, but at least he's helping out! (we use cloth nappies too, so i can forgive him for not getting it perfect, there is a certain way to do it and we have 3 different types)
He has never, ever gotten up in the night though, not once. Mostly thats my choice, the couple of times he's woken up i've shushed him back to sleep. He is a monster if he doesn't get enough sleep, and i can cope without sleep alot better, so i figured he'd be more use to me if he got the sleep, then he doesn't become an asshat :D
Mostly though he just wants to play with Rohan, i think they'll have more fun together when he's a bit older. Whenever OH takes Roh, like if i'm cooking dinner or something, i always get him back over tired and whining as OH tends to over-excite him a bit! A well, i'm just gently correcting him as we go along, and luckily he's happy for the corrections as he admits he's clueless! :) I guess i'd be really worried if he wasn't keen to bond and interact with Roh, seeing as he's our first baby and we were TTC for nearly 6 years (and had given up the month before my BFP as we were told we'd have no chance to conceive now!) So yeah, he's been waiting for this a long time :):cloud9:

Got to go to the shops now to pick out my neice's 1st birthday present, and really must book my 6 weeks check up, argh 2 things to do in one day, trauma! :haha:

Big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all :)

hi!

The HV has been this afternoon, it was a different to my assigned one and to be honest i prefer her lol. She couldnt believe i had been told to wake harrison every 4 hours if he had not woke for a feed, which i admitted i thought it was odd as i always demand fed sophie and it worked out better for us, so now i am demand feeding. she also thinks Harrison might have a "back to front body clock" which apparently he will grow out of in a few weeks and has put in my red book to review it next week. As for the not settling well at night due to it and him seeming like he is hungry constantly at that time she suggested a dummy after winding, apparently it can take babies a while to realise they are actually full and the dummy might help until they realise they are full. i mentioned he has already has one but looses it very easily, or takes him a while to realise i have it there for him but put a bottle teat to his mouth and he finds it easy, so she thinks a change of dummy shape might help.. im willing to try anything!

She also weighed him, last week he weight 8llb 8oz this week he weighs 8llb 15oz!! she thinks it may have been a growth spurt so we will see if it was or if he is gonna be a big boy lol.

In non baby news lol Mark has called someone to the washing machine (so stubborn!!) and they are coming tomorrow morning.. im really missing my machine working, with all the nice weather i could get loads done.

oh and emera i too am loosely following the EASY routine from the baby whisperer, i did the exact same with Sophie, that book was very handy 5 yrs ago and still is now lol. I found the whole crying thing really useful. I do pretty much the same as you, Harrison will sleep for a while, when he wakes he is usually hungry so feed him and change him (that tends to wake him back up as he does nod off sometimes during winding lol), then he sits in his bouncer for a bit whilst i have a little toy that ive noticed he likes to follow or i sit him on my lap talking to him, then he usually looks ready for a sleep so we cuddle then its time to go in his basket.

I wanted to follow EASY but it seems Harry does not! :lol: The only way he will settle to sleep is while he is feeding. I asked the HV about this when she came to visit last week and she said that it's fine for now. Everything is demand-led with Harry at the moment and I am desperate to get into a routine. Harry does well at night, probably on account of us co-sleeping at the moment; he will wake up every 2-3 hours, I'll latch him on then I fall asleep while he is feeding, I assume he does too! He doesn't sleep so much during the day, he likes to lay in his bounce or sit in his swing at the moment, though this is fairly recent.

A nurse came over toady to weigh him and he' now 8lb 15oz, having put on 13oz in 6 days.

wow was that a growth spurt? apparently harrisons 7pz was a growth spurt but im not sure lol

well we had a good night last night, i put harrison down for the night upstairs at 9pm after having his bottle at 8. he woke up around 45 min later, which is fine, for his last bottle of the night, he went down finally at 10:20 and didnt wake till 4:30!! granted it was 6:30 before he would sleep again but still i was rather happy!

Hi Ladies! I can't believe my baby is 2 weeks old today! Time is flying!! I love him so much:cloud9:

Well I can't complain about hubby not helping in fact I actually have to give him some praise! I knew my hubby would help with the baby but I never expected him to be this helpful!! My hubby has went over and beyond with our son. He took 2 weeks off of work, we take turns getting up in the middle of the night, he feeds him, changes his diaper and is constantly holding him. Last week he even stood up 3 nights in a row taking care of baby and letting me sleep! I was so shocked and happy, my hubby is being a great father and is really being supportive and helpful, it is making me love him even more:cloud9: I am really NOT looking forward to him going back to work next week:dohh: It is going to be so hard not to have his help.

BTW my little boy is turning into a butterball! A week after he was born he hadn't gained any weight he was still 7 lbs 5 oz, he then had a follow up appointment a week later and he had gained a pound and 2 oz! So in one week he went from being 7lbs5oz to 8lbs7oz!! He's also went from eating 2oz every2-3 hours to 3 oz every 2-3 hours.

wow thats a good amount to put on!

harrison has been feeding every 2-3 hours today and having near enough all his 4 oz bottles. he was very niggly around 5pm for about an hour today, i think he had belly ache cos he was passing alot of wind and one of them was a "wet" one where he followed through slightly, not sure what caused it but my word he was in pain, im actually wondering if it was the bottle mark fed him the night before... he picked up the wrong one, blaming tiredness as it was 3:30am, so the poor thing had only left over milk... needless to say i was very annoyed and im wondering if thats what done it.

Hey guys! I found where you were all hiding!!
So my girls are now just over 2 weeks old and things are starting to settle down. They are both totally different in every way!
Twin 1 Freya is extremely laid back and loves to watch the world go by where as twin 2 layla has to be in the action!
Freya is struggling at the minute with putting on weight she is now 5ib8oz so still a few ounces off her birth weight, layla however has refound her birth weight and a few ounces more and is now 6ib5oz. I am really trying to increase the breast feeds but it is so difficult as they both want feeding together, i can bf them together, but it's not practical when lexie is roaming! Hopefully i wil pick up gradually, but i'm not stressing over it.
Fingers crossed Freya has gained some weight next week when the hv comes. She definately doesn't take after her mum!!!
xxx

hey malpal!

up untill wednesday harrison was 2oz off his birth weight and he was nearly 3 weeks, HV didnt seem to bothered since he had put on a whopping amount in that week lol.

how are they both coping with this heat?

hey malpal!

up untill wednesday harrison was 2oz off his birth weight and he was nearly 3 weeks, HV didnt seem to bothered since he had put on a whopping amount in that week lol.

how are they both coping with this heat?

Freya seems to have increased her feeds yesterday so hopefully things are on the up. She seems to guzzle her bottle but when she is on the breast she really takes it easy. I'm starting to worry now that she is using me as more as a soother as she knows she can get faster amounts at the next bottle feed!!! Layla however sucks for england on either!

They seem to be coping ok in the heat, i'm lucky though as my lounge gets no sun what so ever so is so cool it's lovely.

Have things settled down for you now?? It's dh's first day back at work today so i need to get my routine sorted!!! Although he's off again next week so it will go out the window again!!!

xx

lol seems like freya knows what shes doing ;)

im still in no kind of routine and marks been back at work a week! i dont think it helped that i had no sophie last week so i was basically feeding harrison at say 6:30 then go back to bed! today was my first proper day so to speak, worst day to start getting back into things tho because harrison had a very restless night with the heat, he seemed to be sleeping but would wake very very easily, he actually needed his dummy most the night which is not like him at all, usually only needs it at night to drift off then thats it, so i am pooped, thankfully mark did the 3am feed (not like him!), i think he realised i had not yet gotten off to sleep properly from the time we went to bed at 11pm. oh well hopefully harrison will get a decent sleep in today before i have to go get sophie from school, i hoped he would stay asleep after the walk to school this morning but as soon as i got in he woke up... boooo.

also harrison is spitting up alot more than usual, im wondering if its the heat and also last night it seemed like he was bringing something up in his sleep as id hear him struggle (another reason why i didnt sleep) but there would be nothing there..

Hi am well chuffed harry gone from 7lb14 to 10lb4 in 2 weeks woo-hoo little chunkster

hope all ok
xx

Hi ladies... haven't checked in lately. Just thought I would say hello and try to read up a bit. Welcome malpal and twinnies! Are you supplementing with formula? I can't imagine trying to keep up with BFing twins without some help!

I am currently pumping a bottle - and remember now that I HATE it. Its really annoying. But ah well - I want my baby drinking BM even when I'm at work - so I need to start stocking up a little now. I am going back in 2 weeks - but only for 4 days (the last week of school) - then I'll have the summer off. But I just want to make sure I have some milk stored in the freezer before I go in! It really is a time consuming process though!

Heh, I finally found the thread so will be coming here to chat :happydance:

LogansMama - once you gave me a link of video of drunk guy on the beach. Wouldn't you happen to have that link :blush:

MArta - wasn't me that I recall! You must be thinking of someone else. :)

wow bexxie he is getting bigger then! have you noticed him growing out of newborn yet? Harrison is looking a little snug in the legs of his sleepsuit lol its more the length of them so we have started unbuttoning the legs lol.

hey marta! glad you found us! hows ur little one doing?

Hey everyone!

How you all getting on with the heat! Its hard work thats for sure!

So we have another Freya! Welcome!

I am going to start to try and express tomorrow, get a bit of a supply built up so we can go out if needed and also so daddy can get involved!

We went out sat night to a wedding and had such a good time! It was nice getting all glammed up!

Freya is doing well, getting really long! And so alert and smily!

Thought id share a photo too!

Attachments

• 29501_392486856764_660811764_4593370_7351479_n[1].jpg
    29501_392486856764_660811764_4593370_7351479_n[1].jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members