• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

No news with me mlm, ticking along nicely but no BFP (we decided to keep NTNP until the time we're ready for clomid).

How are you and your girls?

Wouldn't that be nice if you got a bfp before clomid? I think ntnp is a good plan, less stress. Have you started the new job yet? If so, are you liking it?

Girls are good. I'm loving this age for Audrey. She's having more fun sitting up and playing, and is very happy now. Yet she is still not mobile, so I'm not worried about her getting into things! My new favorite thing is in the car the two of them just giggle at each other and "talk" back and forth (mostly shrieks, haha). It makes my heart so happy. Norah can be jealous though, especially right after she wakes up and does not want me to hold Audrey and wants all of my attention. Probably normal, but can be a challenge sometimes.

Nothing new here. :) Just tired, less barfy, and waiting on the gender/genetic test results patiently. :haha:

mlm-How sweet your girls are! I think this is why I'll be fine with either. I'd love for Finn to have the brother bond as much as I'd love to have a little girl.

Bobster how are you doing with the new house?

Jane are you at the new job? When do you think you'll start clomid?

Can't wait to find out the gender Mack! im sure you already said, but what is your prediction?

Ah how lovely that the girls are communicating happily together so excitedly, it's no wonder it makes your heart happy.
I feel bad for Greg that he's getting older and that's he's missing out on a sibling bond like that .I have not started the job yet. I'm very frustrated waiting for the start date and regretting putting clomid on hold.

Mlm that's so sweet. I bet it's amazing when they have moments like that and makes all the challenging times worth it. They will have a great bond when they are older I bet. I think 2 of the same can be better for that sometimes.

The house is coming on slowly. The nursery has wall paper off and ready for plaster and new skirting boards and carpet. Still waiting for the plumber to come to fit the heating so until that's done its hard to get on and do what we want to do in other rooms.

I'm panicking a bit as tonight I've had mild period cramps in my lower abdo and back and now thinking he's getting ready to make his arrival. I was going to go stay at my dads with Jack for a week while the plumber is in but now having second thoughts in case I go into labour! My dad lives an hour away... Did your labours start like that? Mine with Jack was deferent as no contractions, just waters breaking and then about a day later started with tightenings. Feel like I've forgotten everything!

Jane why's it taking so long to start the job? I wouldn't worry about clomid as is it true you can only use it for a few cycles before having a break? If it is then you may be better to fully ttc and get a few attempts in rather than ntnp. Hope the job hurries up to take your mind off it.

Mackjess I hope you hear pink but glad you'll be happy either way. There are pluses to both. Will you have anymore or will this be it?

I'm toying with the idea of trying for 1 more and doing a little gentle sway for a girl but also not sure as not enjoying being pregnant this time. Will have to do it quite soon after the new arrival if we do as want to have close age gaps and also some time back when they are older. not sure how much I believe in swaying either, think it's just a bit of luck you need really and would hate to feel disappointed again although I do feel better now I've got used to the idea of a little brother for Jack. I'm toying with the names Oscar and Harry... Like James for a middle name and it goes better with Oscar. What do you all prefer?

Eeek bobster...my labour started out of the blue, straight away with the contractions, with waters not breaking naturally until 40 mins before he was actually delivered. I think it's so different for everyone.
I think you should be taking it easy though whether you head to your dad or not. Second labours are meant to be quicker aren't they? So perhaps stay closer to home.

I haven't read much about the swaying-what sort of thing brings a girl?

With the job, the background checks are taking ages. I have signed a contract but won't let you start until those come back ok.

Yes bobster you are spot on with the clomid. So we don't want to half heatedly try with the clomid as your limited in how many times you can use it.

When will you get your results Mack?

When you use it you can really get on the bd'ing! It won't be long surely until the job starts. Will you start trying straight away or give it a while to settle into the job? Remember you have 9 months in the job before baby comes... Not egging you on to try at all!! Haha

Well reading briefly about swaying I do have a very boy friendly lifestyle. Lots of protein in my diet and generally quite nutritious and varied diet which is generally quite salty although this has reduced since having Jack and calorific. I've never been overweight so not really a dieter. Apparently those who diet and eat less meat/protein are more likely to get girls. How true this is is another question! I'm not sure if we'll go for another as once he's here I may feel content with having 2 but at the moment I feel like I might be missing out on that mother daughter relationship. I always imagined a girl in my life, maybe because I lost my mum when young and I feel I want a bond I missed out on with my own. It's a high risk though and I would hate to feel bad having another gorgeous boy because I do love boys. You could end up with a football team if you went on forever so it really would be only one more that we could try for!

Bobster, I had quite a bit of contractions before Audrey was born, probably starting at 34ish weeks. And she was born at 39 weeks. I definitely see the fear of being farther away though. You never know when he's going to come, and as Jane said, 2nd births can be faster (Audrey's was ridiculously fast).

I love the name Harry James, so that gets my vote 😀

I think I want 3 myself. im definitely ok with having 3 girls, although having a boy would be my choice if I could pick. Now I just have to get DH on board, haha. I would ideally try at the end of this year/early next year.

Not to try to sway you either, but Bobster is right that you'd be working for a while before mat leave if you do want to start the clomid earlier Jane. Don't want you to be unhappy with your choice to wait.

I got the genetic results back yesterday, and everything is normal. Thank god, I've been stressed as all get out about that. Definitely stopping at two though. This baby will be here a few weeks after I turn 39 and I feel blessed it's healthy. Plus this pregnancy is been really hard on me, I'm exhausted ALL the time despite upping my Iron and Vit D I think I'd die if I tried for #3. :haha:

I am having the Dr leave the results in an envelope at the front desk and getting that to my SIL on Thursday and she is making a cake and we're having people over Sunday. The weather is going to be beautiful so we are grilling out. Really looking forward to it. Finn loves outdoor stuff. And Saturday we have the big neighborhood easter egg hunt so it shall be a fun weekend for him.

Oscar James gets my vote! And lots of TTC despite the job. ;) hehe

Awesome news about the test results Mack!!! He/she is healthy, yay!

I had a horrible nightmare Sunday night that I'm still rattled from. It was about the baby and terrible and I could feel my body actually physically hurting in places you'd feel like you'd hurt if you were losing your baby. The good news from the doctor helped a lot, but it's weird to have lingering twinges from a nightmare.

Mack that's brilliant news about the genetic tests! You can start to breathe now mamma. Try to remember everything is in your favour now you are past that awful first trimester stage. I know it's hard but you'll soon feel them wiggle around which will give you extra peace of mind.

Oscar James is starting to sound better to me too... I do love the name Harry though. Why is it so hard?! Jack was always my favorite boys name ever since being little.

That's great news Mack and I look forward to hearing the gender news.
That nightmare sounds horrible, perhaps all the anxiety over the results caused it...try to relax and put out your head and enjoy your fun weekend coming.

2 is our limit. I like the idea of having twins but I'm sure the reality is much different!!

Any more twinges bobster?

Oh twins would be tough though! I like the idea of them playing together and growing an developing but the thought of caring for 2 newborns at once scares me!

Jane I have a feeling you'll have a girl next time. Not sure why but I do...

No more twinges just feel that immense pressure in my pelvis. Wonder if he's engaging as it feels like he is. No more cramps so touch wood it was a false alarm or just Brixton hicks.
Mlm what did you do with Norah when you went into labour with Audrey? I'm worried as if it's in the middle of the night I will feel bad dropping him to dans parents and they both work shifts. I'm not sure where else he could go though...

My niece and nephew are twins. I think it's harder now that they are 17 months and getting into EVERYTHING! My sister in law is constantly chasing them everywhere. But they are the best of friends already, which is so cute.

Norah was in daycare when I went into labor (I had a doctors appt that morning) My dad picked her up and then my inlaws stayed at our house with her while DH and I were in the hospital for 2 days. If I had gone into labor overnight, our plan was to call my parents to come over. They live 30 minutes away. We also are close with our neighbors, so we had asked them if they would come sit with Norah if need be until my parents could get there if it came to that. It's so stressful not knowing when it's going to happen, but I'm sure it will all work out for you Bobster 😀

Thanks mlm. Yes I think the waiting and unknown is the worst. I just hope it doesn't happen when everyone at work or in middle of the night as would feel bad waking them up to come and sit in house. Especially as they tend to send you away unless you are on the brink of pushing!

I will have to talk to them and get a rough plan in place. Going to pack hospital bag today to get organised. Had more mild period type cramps this morning so best get organised!

Eeek bobster sounds like your coconut won't be overdue that's for sure!

I think I'll have a girl next as well bobster, not sure why just a feeling.
I'm feeling a girl for you Mack too- eager to hear what your cake will reveal!

My start date is finally through. End of April :thumbup:

Yay starting soon.

I feel like it's a girl too. I try not to put too much thought into is so I don't end up disappointed. DH really wants a boy. So I hope he'll adjust if it's not. :)

Bobster how exciting! I hate that I know I'll have a C-section again. I talked about VBAC and with my age and so many unknowns I decided it wasn't worth the risk. It's nice that I can schedule when I'll have the baby (unless it comes early) but I HATE surgery. hate hate hate. I've already had nerves about it. I told the OB I was just going to pretend I'm planning to labor and not to talk about the csection til we have to schedule it. :haha:

I hope #2 is easier and fast for you. It seems like it usually is. how exciting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->