Multiple IVF failures...what now?

Blessed, I was thinking the same as Mo, maybe you're experiencing an allergy to the shot. I was on the long Lupron cycle for both of my fresh cycles. It shouldn't hurt at all to have been on it longer. My one cycle had me on it longer than the other for timing purposes. Glad your doctor brought you in a day sooner and first thing! You'll have your news soon. Hoping its good for you! :hugs:

They can make the pio in different oils as well.. I know there is a sesame oil based one and some other one. Maybe they can switch

Oh blessed :( i am sooo very sorry! There are no words.

Thanks guys, can't say it was a surprise. We have 3 frosties left and will wait until winter or even next spring. My RE wants to do an endometrial biopsy to make sure all is okay but that will wait too.

I really appreciate everyone's support and wish everyone safe, happy & healthy babies.

Thankyou ladies for the lovely welcome :hugs:, it's made me feel better.

Hi Septbride hunny, in answer to your question...I ended up with 7 follies but only one big enough and it got to 25mm so they wouldn't allow ec. I was stimming for 16 days. I was gutted beyond belief but have had a few days away in the countryside and am definitely feeling stronger. Yes, I remembered we have had similar diagnoses, and I am ready to hear how my next cycle will be changed, I just think I may have to wait a while to see the consultant as its the NHS. Its tough being patient when it means the world to find out as soon as possible.
I'm going to take some time to read this amazing thread so I know everyone and their stories.

Blessed just wanted to say sorry for your news, hope you are doing ok, and take it really easy :hugs:

Greta, welcome to the thread, glad you've found us here! I'm SO sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled...that is just too much to take, especially with your first cycle. It is a terrible feeling. Gutted is the right word. How many follicles did you end up getting? As the others have said, please don't take this as an indication that you won't have success. It often seems to take a little while for the doctors to find the right drug cocktail for your body. As you know, you and I have very similar diagnoses, and it seems to be an extra stubborn set of issues to crack, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you! As my RE said, it's the persistent patients who have success.

Oneof, I understand the worry, and agree with Michelle and Lauren that it sounds good that the doctor isn't too concerned. Do you recall the cervical mm measurement?

Mo, looking forward to hearing about your second beta!

Blessed, testing is so scary. Wishing you lots of luck. I truly do know how hard it is to stay positive...PMA or not, it WILL work out one of these times!

Michelle, hoping you're not too uncomfortable as you cross the finish line.

Lauren, glad the water is helping. I'm guzzling a ton, but then I have to pee every 10 minutes!

Blessed, I'm incredibly sorry to hear this news. Please take care of yourself during this raw time. Can you take a few days away to clear your head? Bubble baths, wine, whatever makes you feel better. It's just sh*tty.

Greta, so sorry for your disappointment. What a way to start out. It sounds to like you can definitely grow the needed number of follies, but that they didn't start you on high enough doses. I bet next time they'll really juice you, and you'll get somewhere.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

xoxo

Thanks Septbride, yeah I'm hoping the fact that I had at least some follicles growing, albeit small, that with the right amended drug dose for me (I'm also over 6ft!) then we will have a collection worthy of egg collection! [-o<

How are you doing? Just a couple more months now? You must be so excited! :happydance:

Hope all the other ladies on here doing well and keeping the faith xxx

Blessed, I'm incredibly sorry to hear this news. Please take care of yourself during this raw time. Can you take a few days away to clear your head? Bubble baths, wine, whatever makes you feel better. It's just sh*tty.

Greta, so sorry for your disappointment. What a way to start out. It sounds to like you can definitely grow the needed number of follies, but that they didn't start you on high enough doses. I bet next time they'll really juice you, and you'll get somewhere.

xoxo

Hi just me again! I was wondering whether I could get some advice regarding my figures...:shrug:
I am still trying to educate myself as to what everything means and what levels are classed as low or high etc. It really is like learning a new language!
So ladies just wondered what you thought of mine- (I'm 38, 39 next month)
AMH 8.24
FSH 7.0
AFC 8
Am I right in thinking that my FSH is the one to watch? Because it is low? Or are they all on the low side. They have told me I have diminished ovarian reserve.
And is there anything I can do/diet/supplements I can take to improve it on the run up to cycle no 2? I have tried acupuncture and taking folic acid etc...
Confused :wacko:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated xxx

Thanks Septbride, yeah I'm hoping the fact that I had at least some follicles growing, albeit small, that with the right amended drug dose for me (I'm also over 6ft!) then we will have a collection worthy of egg collection! [-o<

How are you doing? Just a couple more months now? You must be so excited! :happydance:

Hope all the other ladies on here doing well and keeping the faith xxx

xoxo

Hi greta,

We use a different scale for AMH in the US, and I'm not sure how to convert. Essentially, you want your AMH to be high (but not too high, bc that suggests PCOS), and your FSH to be low. Mine was 9 something before I conceived, which was "borderline high." So 7 is in the normal range. This is a very good thing. Your AFC is way better than mine was -- I think your count is considered on the low side but not so bad.

As for supplements: CoQ10, L-Arginine, green tea extract, wheatgrass, and Omega-3s. I still take some of these. DHEA is another one that is considered helpful. I never took it, but it might be worth looking into.

You're going to get this!

Hi Greta I think the fsh is okay but the amh is low. This is why try say you have diminished ovarian reserve. But you have 8 Amtrak follicles so I think the right combo of meds and doses and you will have some to retrieve. Are they putting you on another protocol for the 2nd try like microdose flare or antagonist? I would ask your re about supplements because some can be counter intuitive. Ask about dhea also.

Thankyou so much for the tips ladies xxx:thumbup:

Hi Greta I think the fsh is okay but the amh is low. This is why try say you have diminished ovarian reserve. But you have 8 Amtrak follicles so I think the right combo of meds and doses and you will have some to retrieve. Are they putting you on another protocol for the 2nd try like microdose flare or antagonist? I would ask your re about supplements because some can be counter intuitive. Ask about dhea also.

Hi All,

I am new to this board however not to IVF. Yesterday I just got the results to my 4th IVF which was a big fat BFN. Only 3 eggs were retrieved expected due to Laparoscopy and DOR only one fertilised however arrested on day 2. That has never happened to me before!

Devastated, I wailed like a baby all through the day. Feeling totally lost now. Egg quality wasn't solved through removing the endo. I really feel that God is not on my side. My new RE said we should give it one my shot before considering donor eggs. Here in Australia though donor eggs are hard to come by not considering the emotional affects where you have to meet the biological mother to be and make sure your kid knows who they are seriously ??

Anyone had any luck improving egg quality ? Has anyone tried EPP Before and did it help ?

Unlucky41,- I'm sorry for what you have been through.

I'm not sure if its proven to improve egg quality, but I did acupuncture through-out all my IVF's and also, when I was in between cycles I drank herbs prescribed by my acupuncturist, they were raw herbs to which I boiled strained and drank, it wasn't the best tasting tea, but my acupuncturists believes that is the reason why I got pregnant with my 3rd IVF.

My first IVF I did the EPP and it didn't work for me in that I did respond, however my follicle sizes were all over the place and they ended up converting to an IUI. The EPP has helped with many woman w/DOR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->