Multiple IVF failures...what now?

Hi Unlucky, very sorry you're dealing with this. I have DOR as well, and I also did acupuncture and took lots of supplements. I listed them out in my message to Gretarose, just above. I'm not sure what worked, ultimately, but it just seems to take longer for women with DOR to catch a viable egg. It doesn't mean you won't get there!

Oneof, hi there! How are you feeling?

Hey Jess, I'm feeling good, thanks and you? I can not believe you are 31 weeks along!! So exciting.. I was reading your journal and meant to comment on the the doula at home. I have to do some research because I'm totally interested.

Hi Unlucky, very sorry you're dealing with this. I have DOR as well, and I also did acupuncture and took lots of supplements. I listed them out in my message to Gretarose, just above. I'm not sure what worked, ultimately, but it just seems to take longer for women with DOR to catch a viable egg. It doesn't mean you won't get there!

Oneof, hi there! How are you feeling?

Hi Septbride,

Thanks for the encouragement -this will be out 5th cycle and my doctor said if there is no significant improvement than I should quit and use donor eggs. I did try acupuncture for my 2nd and third cycle but no difference was made. I even try naturally for a little while just taking herbs for about 4 months no job. I feel like our journey is coming to an end I fee like I am 45 but I am only 33.
We going to try saizen again this cycle. Hopefully we get success but guarding my expectations!

Congrats on your pregnancy though !!!:happydance:

Hi guys,
Hope you don't mind me joining in. Had one failed stressful cycle of ivf, only got 4 follicles and 3 eggs. 2 fertilised and got popped back, something implanted cos had hcg in my system but then stopped. That was the end of July, keep hoping I'm going to stop wanting this so much. The whole process was just a nightmare with them wanting to cancel at every step. Got our follow up appt sept 9th and booked a holiday autumn time.
Swing between wanting to start straight after holiday to the new year.... Just feel all over the place emotionally. Left work and cried today. Just keep thinking it may never happen (low amh) Just so fed up :cry:

Hi guys,
Hope you don't mind me joining in. Had one failed stressful cycle of ivf, only got 4 follicles and 3 eggs. 2 fertilised and got popped back, something implanted cos had hcg in my system but then stopped. That was the end of July, keep hoping I'm going to stop wanting this so much. The whole process was just a nightmare with them wanting to cancel at every step. Got our follow up appt sept 9th and booked a holiday autumn time.
Swing between wanting to start straight after holiday to the new year.... Just feel all over the place emotionally. Left work and cried today. Just keep thinking it may never happen (low amh) Just so fed up :cry:

:hugs: Silversurfer totally know how you feel. I just had my 4th failed ivf cycle and last week we had our meeting with the RE. I was so upset and angry especially when he said have you considered Donor eggs. Basically he said he will try one LAST time and if this doesn't work it is onto Donor eggs. I am so crushed as he only give this cycle 16% chance. My last cycle was a complete failure. 3 eggs 2 matured one fertilised but arrested on day 2 hence no transfer.

How many times have you tried Silversurfer ? Make sure they keep trying something different!

Welcome silver! Having to do through this process multiple times is just not fair! Make sure to ask lots of questions at your follow-up and have them try something different for your next go around! This can work; it took me three times before I had my little miracle a couple weeks ago ! :hugs: to you!

Unlucky- bug :hugs: to you! When do you start your next go around?

Happy 26 weeks Patricia! Hope everything is going good with you :)

Thanks ladies, only done one cycle. Can't imagine how four cycles would feel Hun. Got appt sept 9th and just worried they will say not worth trying again, or suggest exactly the same process again no changes. 2013 has sucked so far x

Silver - I can't imagine them saying not try again. One of the nurses at my clinic said to me once that they sometimes have to do multiple cycles because everyone reacts differently...so they have to do more then one cycle to figure things out. Have you considered acupuncture? That is the one thing I didmdifferent with the cycle that worked for me.

Hi ladies. So...

Aug. 2nd: BFN
Aug. 9th: AF
Now....Still waiting for AF. I'm 3 weeks, 5 days late, pg test on Mon was neg.

I understand that after an FET, it could take a bit for my cycle to reset but this was my third FET, and I have had one fresh transfer. Never had this prob before. (not that it can't be a new issue.) The latest I've ever been was 5 days late.

The only change I made was I stopped eating gluten Aug. 4th. By chance, a doctor was discussing celiac disease (in kids) but going over the different symptoms and he mentioned a few reports of the only symptom the woman had was infertility, the relationship between the two is unknown. I thought it made sense b/c sometimes people can develop a rash with antibodies in the skin. So maybe the antibodies can also be deposited in the uterus lining. (Did a bit of research on my own.)

Since the next step was to biopsy my endometrial lining b/c they couldn't figure out why the "perfect" embryos weren't implanting, I decided to just stop eating gluten on my own. I instantly felt better and was FAR LESS gassy. (I'm actually embarrassed now knowing that it wasn't just the way I am.) So I'll stay gluten-free no matter what. :blush:

I'm upset b/c when I finally called my RE office, they just wanted to give me meds to start my period - without seeing me or drawing a beta. Just assuming I couldn't possibly be pg. I just thinks that's a bit irresponsible.

Another thing is that my mother kept testing negative for 3 months when she was pg with my bro.

I have absolutely no symptoms of either AF or being pg. I actually feel great so I will just wait for AF to come, I'll take a hpt once a week, just to monitor. I'm finally off all drugs and feel like myself again, just w/o a cycle! :dohh:

Just had to get this out. I haven't told anyone b/c I'm so sick of dealing with this, I had thought I was going to just take a long needed breather from TTC and now I can't help but hope, hope, hope that (despite the bfn) that I'm pg.

I know many of you have already delivered or are close to, and hope all is healthy and going well. Thanks for reading!

Hi blessed,

Very interesting...was Monday's test an HPT or a beta?

hey blessed!! sorry af isnt coming :( can you call back and ask for a beta? or maybe see your pcp or regular ob? they should draw a beta and progesterone level to see if you have ovulated before sticking you on meds. that is what my re clinic would do.

Hi blessed,

Very interesting...was Monday's test an HPT or a beta?

hey blessed!! sorry af isnt coming :( can you call back and ask for a beta? or maybe see your pcp or regular ob? they should draw a beta and progesterone level to see if you have ovulated before sticking you on meds. that is what my re clinic would do.

Hi guys!

Septbride, it was an HPT. How are you? I actually thought of your story when I skipped my period after an FET. :)

MoBaby, it is so great to see you pg! I'm so very happy for you. How are you feeling? They should have absolutely needed to see me before prescribing a drug. I'll call my RE (I actually don't even have a regular OB) at some point.

Thanks for getting back to me guys. I know this could be totally benign but it is just so unlike me!

I'm feeling okay. Been having usual naseau. Today I felt like I was going to pass out whe. I got to work. I think my blood sugar dropped so I drank some juice and ate a bevel real quick. Hopefully that goes away soon. 2nd tri comes with new symptoms :)

Blessed, I agree with mo...ask for a beta/progesterone check. It could be the meds throwing your cycle off, but I really truly hope you have the same experience I had. All fine here, thanks -- ready for baby. :)

Congrats on second tri, mobaby!

Thanks stepbride :) I feel like its a huge milestone. I think this baby is going to be just fine. I didn't update after my last appt. I'm delivering at 36 wks via section due to my previous surgeries. So I only have about 22.5-23 weeks left.

You are so close to delivering sept bride! Any contractions?

Such a relief to get to that second tri!

I've had a few contractions, but nothing at all regular or strong. Just playing the waiting game now!

I am so sorry blessed. I would certainly get a beta done!!

Patricia how's it going? You're in the home stretch now!

Blessed how are you doing?

Hey Lauren, how is your lil man doing? he is so freakin adorable!!! Yes, getting close and so nervous for delivery. Tomorrow is my last day of work before my maternity leave. How does it feel to be a mommy?

Hi Patricia! Glad things are going well. I'm sure at this point it does get a little nerve wracking thinking about how labor and delivery will go. I didn't have the chance to start worrying about it. It just got thrown at me with no choice. No matter how it goes vaginal, csection, induced or not...once you're holding your sweet miracle you won't care how you got there. Even thinking about that "prize" at the end helps during. Don't forget to update and let me know! Either this thread or my journal or FB if you're not on here as much.
Excited to hear your news!!

I'm thoroughly enjoying motherhood. Despite being sleep deprived, rarely getting out of my nursing pjs, lucky to shower every other day, struggling to keep up with housework....I just snuggle my baby boy and everything else doesn't matter. I know this newborn phase will be gone before I know it and all the other stuff just doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->