Multiple IVF failures...what now?

Blessed, so sorry you're dealing with sore tush on top of everything else...great that you don't have to do the shots every night, at least. I assume you're trying ice and heat? I wonder if warm baths with epsom salts might help too. I wouldn't worry about the PIO pain interfering with implantation. Keeping fingers crossed for your HPT tomorrow! FMU is probably best.

Michelle, just a few more days! Hang in there!

Patricia, how are you feeling? Happy 22 weeks!

All fine here...I'm 29 weeks today and have cankles. :haha:

Hi Septbride, it's me!
Thought I'd crash on your thread as it would be nice to stay more in touch and I'm hoping I can catch some of the lovely lucky babydust vibes on here!!
Boy do I really need some luck right now!
Just had my ICSI cycle cancelled on Sunday and am so gutted...:cry: poor response so didn't even make it to ec.
Hoping you and your bump are well.
Hello to everyone else on here. I hope I can join? x

Blessed, so sorry you're dealing with sore tush on top of everything else...great that you don't have to do the shots every night, at least. I assume you're trying ice and heat? I wonder if warm baths with epsom salts might help too. I wouldn't worry about the PIO pain interfering with implantation. Keeping fingers crossed for your HPT tomorrow! FMU is probably best.

Michelle, just a few more days! Hang in there!

Patricia, how are you feeling? Happy 22 weeks!

All fine here...I'm 29 weeks today and have cankles. :haha:

Hey Ladies,

Sept. I am feeling good thanks, I go back on Friday, just for a cervical check. Last time I was there, I felt my cervix was short, the dr didn't seem too concerned and said come back in 2 weeks if I am so concerned. I am praying I am worrying for no reason. How are you feeling?

Whatthe, thinking about you and I hope all is going great with the cycle.

Michele, any day now, and I am sorry you are so uncomfortable.

Greta, welcome, I had my 1st IVF cycle cancelled because it was just not the right protocol for me. They ended up cancelling me after 13 days of meds, and converted into an IUI. Did you have your WTF appt with your Dr.? I would ask him if he can perhaps suggest a protocol that right for you. I know exactly how you are feeling and all I can say is please don't give up, it will work for you!

Thanks so much oneof14, and congratulations, its so good to hear you got your BFP in the end.
Waiting on my follow up appointment but yes I am hoping its just a case of switching the protocol. We didn't get the option of doing IUI because of sperm issues.
Its so hard isnt it?! Determined not to give up hope though x

Hey Ladies,

Sept. I am feeling good thanks, I go back on Friday, just for a cervical check. Last time I was there, I felt my cervix was short, the dr didn't seem too concerned and said come back in 2 weeks if I am so concerned. I am praying I am worrying for no reason. How are you feeling?

Whatthe, thinking about you and I hope all is going great with the cycle.

Michele, any day now, and I am sorry you are so uncomfortable.

Greta, welcome, I had my 1st IVF cycle cancelled because it was just not the right protocol for me. They ended up cancelling me after 13 days of meds, and converted into an IUI. Did you have your WTF appt with your Dr.? I would ask him if he can perhaps suggest a protocol that right for you. I know exactly how you are feeling and all I can say is please don't give up, it will work for you!

Good, don't give up, unfortunately with everything in life persistence is everything. Infertility is so hard on you financially, physically and emotionally not to mention what it does to a marriage.

Hi Septbride, thanks for the PMA, I don't have any right now. I'm just so upset that an FET gives the opportunity to set up a perfect scenario for transfer and I feel mine's been wrecked. I'm also terrified of getting a BFN and might not test tomorrow.

I'm very happy to hear that you are doing good, despite the darn cankles! Hope you're able to put your feet up & relax a bit more.. :flower:

Welcome Gretarose! My second IVF got cancelled after I had done all the injections. I'm sorry, it really sucks! We got 19 eggs the third time around so don't lose hope!!! :hugs:

Didn't test today, too chicken!!! :shy:

Anyone have some stories of getting your BFPs when you really thought you were down & out? I'd really appreciate some. :)

MoBaby, is today your second beta? I hope it's awesome!!!

Blessed, I started spotting the day before my OTD and I was devastated thinking I was down and out, told my DH we have to start thinking about our next plan of action and was not expecting a BFP at all. Low and behold, my beta came back at 209!

You are not out, hang in there. When is your beta?

Thank you so much Oneof14! That's so nice to hear. My beta is Sat at 9 am.

Welcome greta! Definitely don't give up; I was always a poor responder and even with my second IVF cycle, only 2 of our eggies made it to ET and they were awful quality. It took 3 cycles for us and we started thinking it would never work. Hang in there :hugs:

Blessed - I really didn't expect our third cycle to work, especially after 2 that didn't. I didn't have a lot of symptoms and felt discouraged through the entire cycle; and it gave us our BFP! Maybe test Saturday before your beta?

Patricia - Hope things get better with your cervix; however if your dr isn't too concerned, it probably isn't going to cause issues. I know it is hard not to worry, so hopoefully things go well tomorrow.

Welcome Greta! Sorry you had to go through the disappointment of a canceled cycle. We've all been through the struggle of multiple ivf cycles. Just keep the faith and keep pushing on! :hugs:

Patricia it seems sometimes there's always something to worry us. It's a good sign that your dr isn't worried. But always good to get things checked out to be sure. Hope to hear you are relieved soon!

Blessed its so hard getting through the torturous tww without letting our minds play tricks on us. I honestly was so convinced my cycle didn't work. I cried and was telling dh that we we were looking at another fresh cycle. I was cramping too and for sure AF was on her way. Decided not to poas and couldn't believe when they called me with a positive beta. It really can happen. It's so hard wanting it so badly and being afraid of another failure. Fingers crossed this is it for you!!

Jess sorry to hear about your cankles! My feet are fine, but my hands are starting to swell. Even though I already drink a lot of water, I'm trying to add more and it seems to be helping some.

Michelle your baby's gonna be here so soon!! Can't wait! :)

Whatthe hope all is well. :hugs:

Greta, welcome to the thread, glad you've found us here! I'm SO sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled...that is just too much to take, especially with your first cycle. It is a terrible feeling. Gutted is the right word. How many follicles did you end up getting? As the others have said, please don't take this as an indication that you won't have success. It often seems to take a little while for the doctors to find the right drug cocktail for your body. As you know, you and I have very similar diagnoses, and it seems to be an extra stubborn set of issues to crack, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you! As my RE said, it's the persistent patients who have success.

Oneof, I understand the worry, and agree with Michelle and Lauren that it sounds good that the doctor isn't too concerned. Do you recall the cervical mm measurement?

Mo, looking forward to hearing about your second beta!

Blessed, testing is so scary. Wishing you lots of luck. I truly do know how hard it is to stay positive...PMA or not, it WILL work out one of these times!

Michelle, hoping you're not too uncomfortable as you cross the finish line.

Lauren, glad the water is helping. I'm guzzling a ton, but then I have to pee every 10 minutes!

Thank you L4hope! That's why I love this thread, everyone truly understands what this is like. I appreciate each and every one I you!

Blessed I stopped testing after I got 2-3 on digi at 8dpt b/c i was scared it would go away so I feel you for not testing.

Had my repeat beta: 691 48 hrs ago and today 2540! :happydance:

Wow beta Mo!!! Guess that sounds like twinsies huh?! Bet you're over the moon right now!

I'm pretty happy! I dont know about the whole twin thing b/c last pregnancy my beta time doubled in like 18.5 hrs and it was a singleton.. Who knows though. Will find out on Aug 21st at 8am!!

Well, tomorrow is the new OTD due to my major meltdown tonight. There are now firm, swollen, hot, red, painful nodules under the majority of each butt cheek. I text my RE to say I had to have someone look at it and tell me this is okay and where I could actually place another shot tomorrow. Or I could wait until Sat for my original appt if I could skip tomorrow's injection. I am in so much pain that I can't reach down to put socks or pants on, DH has to help.

They said to come in tomorrow for my beta just a day early. I'll be 8dp5dt.

I just lost it tonight. I've been crying and crying. We planned for this for so long, I was on extra Lupron shots during our vacation so we could time it right. Now I feel it's so messed up and I feel like it's my fault. Oh well, it'll be done tomorrow. DH gets so nervous when I cry he's actually coming with me tomorrow for a 7 am appt!

Blesses gl today. I'm am soo sorry about the injection pains :( it sounds like you are allergic to them with that many side effects. I hope they can find an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->