My Big Fat Geek Wedding!

Wow your ceremony venue is stunning! Congratulations on booking the date! What kind of a venue are you thinking of for your reception? I think party bags are a great idea :)

Thanks! Not sure why I booked that date considering it was a lot of notice. Think it was because I want to marry before I am 30 (which is July 2015). And I really like the number 5 and 2 :blush: Its also a Bank Holiday weekend which will be nice for those travelling up from far away if they wanted to stay in Harrogate after the wedding, just hope roads are not busy.

Reception venue I would love a pub function room for 100 people, in my dreams I reckon :coffee: Either way, on the outskirts of Harrogate, maybe in the Dales. x

Shoes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2
Wow your ceremony venue is stunning! Congratulations on booking the date! What kind of a venue are you thinking of for your reception? I think party bags are a great idea :)

Thanks! Not sure why I booked that date considering it was a lot of notice. Think it was because I want to marry before I am 30 (which is July 2015). And I really like the number 5 and 2 :blush: Its also a Bank Holiday weekend which will be nice for those travelling up from far away if they wanted to stay in Harrogate after the wedding, just hope roads are not busy.

Reception venue I would love a pub function room for 100 people, in my dreams I reckon :coffee: Either way, on the outskirts of Harrogate, maybe in the Dales. x

Shoes[/QUOTE

Shoes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
ooooooo lovely dress and yummy shoes! shame they get hidden under the dress! I forgot I get to pick wedding shoes, awesome :happydance: these in white would be AMAZING https://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-8906-dr-martens-sadie-boot.aspx could then add sparkles to them. Im stuck as me and OH are Dr Martens fans, have worn them for years, so in a way I would love to wear a pair but I also think I should be feminine/sexy-ish in heels as I never wear heels so this is a good chance to :dohh:

oh, and OH knows I am a member on here so I dont think I can post pics of anything on here I dont want him to see, unless I put in spoiler and reset his password :haha:

And forgot...

Please no mentioning on Facebook, for the handful on BnB friends I have on there :rofl:

Stalker joining! :coffee:

It all looks amazing! I am soooo jealous. I really wanted to go down the victorian gothic/punk route for our wedding but OH said no way in hell :(

LOVING the Dr Martens idea btw :thumbup:

LOVE those dr martins! In white they would be fab.
You don't have to be anything on your day that you don't want to be. I would have loved shoes like that but they don't really go with my princessey dress! Lol.

U will have extensions for the day as I had just had my hair cut when I tried my dress on (first one I tried!!)

I cite for locking oh out so we can see piccies!!

Just tell him you are posting then so he knows not to look. That's what I did :)

X

It all looks amazing! I am soooo jealous. I really wanted to go down the victorian gothic/punk route for our wedding but OH said no way in hell :(

Thanks! Both me and OH wear Dr Martens so on same wavelength thank goodness! :haha: Its going to be hard to not make the look of the wedding as fancy dress, thats the danger with themes. At least I have time to think things through! x

They are aren't they? I have followed that page for ages, and know people who've bought from her and loved it. I want to buy from her but she is in the north and I am in London.

Her own wedding cake is in her journal on here some where too

Thanks! Both me and OH wear Dr Martens so on same wavelength thank goodness! :haha: Its going to be hard to not make the look of the wedding as fancy dress, thats the danger with themes. At least I have time to think things through! x

Yeah it's just finding the right balance. We went to a full on Medieval wedding a couple of years ago so I think OH was just terrified it would turn into that. We made him wear tights..........he was not happy :rofl:

Congratulations on setting a date, I love all your ideas.

Have you thought about wedding cakes? You should look here to give you some ideas https://www.facebook.com/littlecherrycakecompany?fref=ts as I think ideas from here may fit with you theme more than a traditional cake.

Wow they look awesome! I always think that the cake is one of the best parts of a wedding, and get cross if they don't dish it out straight after cutting it :haha:

No new wedding stuff done, had to sort out accommodation for a wedding we are going to in Sept. Will look at reception venues soon. X

I thought you would like. Fab aren't they? Made me giggle about the cake. I hate wedding cake as it traditionally has marzipan on it :sick:

Im quite a fan of marzipan :blush: although not of the fruit cake inside it :haha:

I just had an idea, if I have a wedding cake made of separate cakes I had already planned to have different flavours. What about having cool middles? So one would be a rainbow cake with buttercream, one checkerboard with chocolate, and another one I cant think of yet :haha: Then it would look awesome when its cut up for everyone.

Design on the outside:

https://myinspiredwedding.com/files/2012/06/Super-Hero-Weddign-Cake.jpg

:shock: AMAZING! if only!!

Wow! Pretty epic as cakes go. My sister had a Super Mario cake for her wedding last month and loads of people were criticising it but I love novelty cakes way more than trying to be classy and failing miserably cakes. Weddings are so much better when they're truly personal!

Wow! Pretty epic as cakes go. My sister had a Super Mario cake for her wedding last month and loads of people were criticising it but I love novelty cakes way more than trying to be classy and failing miserably cakes. Weddings are so much better when they're truly personal!

oooooooo Super Mario would be cool! I like the idea of a superhero one, the kiddies have the same names as X Men, so that could be 1. Or a space-themed cake, with stars and that cake glitter I am quite a sucker for :blush:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sZeNjEF_1fQ/TSs881Vu8RI/AAAAAAAAAio/wPNWsZhudwg/s1600/1.jpg

Simple, but quite pretty. Then if I had rainbow cake inside at least 1 it would be a cool surprise when its cut :thumbup:

I love those cakes! I saw one on pinterest somwhere with the couple's initials running through the inside! That was cool!

Love the star cake btw :thumbup:

Im quite a fan of marzipan :blush: although not of the fruit cake inside it :haha:

I just had an idea, if I have a wedding cake made of separate cakes I had already planned to have different flavours. What about having cool middles? So one would be a rainbow cake with buttercream, one checkerboard with chocolate, and another one I cant think of yet :haha: Then it would look awesome when its cut up for everyone.

Design on the outside:

https://myinspiredwedding.com/files/2012/06/Super-Hero-Weddign-Cake.jpg

:shock: AMAZING! if only!!

I dont like fruit cake either, or icing tbh. Should probably just say I don't like wedding cakes :haha: If it is sponge it is okay. My wedding cake was chocolate sponge :thumbup:

Your ideas are amazing.

I showed OH the star cake and he was nonplussed :dohh: I reckon maybe adding planets on those wire things and perhaps a rocket? Maybe its not garish enough for OH :haha:

First thing I should really think of is some sort of savings account, I guess it cant be an ISA as will need to access it alot, so a current account somewhere :shrug: god knows its all too grown up for me :rofl: I cant rely on my family to contribute (not rich and single parent), OHs family did mention something about helping, we shall see...

New ticker :blush: although I was sad to lose the animated ones I had, there just wasnt enough room for them. Ive decided to get into shape slowly by running, then throughout the year and up to the wedding I can do charity runs every now and again to keep the motivation up to stay fit and hopefully slim :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->