My Big Fat Geek Wedding!

Well, I just went for a run.... feel like crap, haven't jiggled that much in a while :rofl: hoping to keep it up though, so I eventually jiggle less : )

Nowt new done for the wedding, need to sort out a budget and find somewhere to store wedding stuff. X

I've been dying to start running again I just don't get time! Xx

Haha I'm dreading getting back into the exercise! I've had 2 kids since I last went to the gym :dohh:
It aint gonna be pretty :rofl:

Sooooo.... I went to Beamish today with the menfolk. Turns out they do weddings... :coffee: (this is Beamish for all of those not blessed to be in the North East https://www.beamish.org.uk/ ) OH is not impressed, and says it would be tacky! :growlmad: MEN! What do they know... Im going to email them to find out what could potentially be arranged. I have this feeling it will be waaaayyy out of my price range but at least then I can cross it off my list. I know I have Harrogate booked but it would only be a tenner lost.

I don't know that it would be tacky but I would feel I had to theme my wedding around the place. Did you get some sweets? Lol! Haven't been for years! Xx

I don't know that it would be tacky but I would feel I had to theme my wedding around the place. Did you get some sweets? Lol! Haven't been for years! Xx

I did get sweets! :haha: I know what you mean about theming the wedding, it sounds like they will do it for you, with decorations of seasonal local flowers and a menu made with local produce etc. It might be weird having all the waitresses etc wearing old-fashioned clothing, but also kinda cool. The food looks like the costly part, the venues themselves are cheap, £1700 for 3 hours at the ceremony room, and £150 for the reception venue. Im going to do a rough estimation tonight and see if OH thinks its too much, he might think so :cry:

OH said a few days ago that there wasnt a need for bridesmaids etc as the registry office allows only 20 mins for the ceremony. So whats the point :shrug: What do you reckon? Worth it? x

Depends on if you have close friends/relatives you want to be involved I think. There's no point in having bridesmaids just for the sake of it, but if you have a sister or best friend or whatever that you want to have there then it's definately worth it!

It doesn't have to be a big chunk of the budget either. I'm having two bridesmaids, (my best friend and my cousin) we are paying half of the dress cost and they will use their own shoes etc. They don't mind as they just want to be a part of the wedding!

I actually think that's quite expensive lol! I've got my whole venue and food for day and evening for that eep. If you really want a bridesmaid then have one! It doesn't have to cost a packet, I got my BM dress brand new from eBay for £30 (a debenhams one) and her shoes and bag in sales! Xx

I actually think that's quite expensive lol! I've got my whole venue and food for day and evening for that eep. If you really want a bridesmaid then have one! It doesn't have to cost a packet, I got my BM dress brand new from eBay for £30 (a debenhams one) and her shoes and bag in sales! Xx

I suppose it is quite a lot, I got excited at the venue and the possibility of arriving at the wedding by tram :rofl:

I will be having 2 bridesmaids, a flower girl.... and 3 page boys :blush: Im sure I can do it on the cheap, especially in the Monsoon sales! :haha:

I'm sure will be fine, keep an eye on Debenhams too, they often have discount codes! I would be excited about the tram too :rofl: xx

I'm sure will be fine, keep an eye on Debenhams too, they often have discount codes! I would be excited about the tram too :rofl: xx

This is a pic to prove how excited I was on the tram, Logan doesnt look as enthusiastic :rofl:

1234506_10100744713831548_1831603712_n.jpg

Looking up wedding dresses as Im bored, its all soooo daunting! I would love a silver dress, but just a simple Google search makes some of them look a wee bit tacky. The one below is weird but strangely appealing. I think you would have to be quite tall to wear it well though, and I am a mere 5ft 4 inches :haha: Not sure why I like it as was considering more of a corset with not such a plain skirt, possibly more layered? Anyway, its oddly nice! :haha:

https://www.montrealweddingdress.com/Designer-Wedding-Dresses/files/collage_lb_image_page6_41_1.png

That dress is STUNNING!

Thought it was just me :haha: The website it was on is in Montreal sadly, its too early for me to be looking but Im going to keep a record of those I like, so I know where to start nearer the time.

Holy crap, your wedding is soon!!! Have you got everything sorted? x

It's Friday!! Lol!

I am sorted just have set tasks for the next few days. Spray tan tomorrow, don't panic I had a trial week before last! Lol. Nails on Thursday night.

Travel to venue to set up my table on Thursday. Go to town to get colour matched with tan for my foundation and collect cake to take down also.

So excited! I know I don't have a journal as I can across this section of the site ton late but I will do pictures when I have them back :)

Awesome!! What is your LO wearing for your wedding? I am having 3 page boys for mine as have my 2 boys, plus my friends boy who is Logan's best friend :cloud9: Take a pic of your nails when you have them done please! Im obsessed with fancy nails atm, just trying to look less like a harassed parent and more ladylike :rofl:

Haha! arent we all?

I will take a picture. :) just having the plain with maybe a diamonte on.

Harry is wearing black trousers with an ivory shirt and an ivory waistcoat. The waistcoat and tie have a crisscross design on that is embellished with diamontes... Sounds rank actually, but its gorgeous! Lol! Will post a pic after the wedding.

That outfit sounds cute! I would love Logan to have a mini version of whatever OH wears, then Eric could wear a baby-friendly version :thumbup: or just let them wear fancy dress, Logan would love that :rofl:

I love that dress!and you do look excited on the tram :haha: be awesome!
We're having Rory in a matching suit to his Daddy, the hire is exactly the same price but its going to be cute!!! (Look at Lauren25's pics - her son Bobby had a matching suit to his Daddy) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->