my first baby buy :)

A mix of stuff really, nursery work if they are short staffed, babysitting, temp nanny work eg working with a family for two weeks etc,

I love nemo clothes! Saw a really cute pair of swimming trunks that had little fins at the side! Wish i bought it when i saw it as they don't have it now!

I bought some really cute hungry caterpillar sleep bags at the weekend :)

my little mans pretty much sorted for clothes started doing his room yesterday but need get more paint today cos the colour is to bright lol im just going by him a few more newborn things and then hes got plenty of clothes :)

room is nearly painted now mite order the border today as well and maybe the bedding :) brought him some cute newborn stuff yesterday a cute sleepsuit with hugs wanted on that mite put in his hospital bag :) a white set with a vest sleepsuit matching hat and little bottoms :) and a sleepsuit and romper from debenhams so cute just want him here now tho lol i cant wait x

i will do room should be done in couple weeks and il photo some of his clothes :) had a new camera for my birthday :) not long till you start your ivf hun!

Roughly 2-3 weeks I should start!!! Can't wait to finally get started. It's still a bit hard to believe I've got to go through this really x

it is hard when you know that you wont just fall pregnant really easily i found it hard, but when your holding that stick with 2 lines you wont care how you got it hun its so worth it x

I prob wouldn't believe it when I get a positive, will take a long time to sink in. Did you find that?
How long we're you ttc?

3years i was trying but after my op i was preg 4 months later i just stared at the test like :O lol and woke the bf up and was like um loook lol he said it woke him up fast hahah x

It's such a good story tho, your struggle to conceive and then getting your bfp!
I'm so happy for you Jen and gives me hope that it can happen.
I can't wait til it's my turn x

aww thanx hun it took along time but hes worth it iv a feeling you will fall preg fast with ivf it didnt take me long after my op the first month i ovulated i got preg the month after that :) x

fingers n toes crossed for you hun. bean has been wriggling loads today my sis felt him kick to so was really nice x

Hellooooooooooo ladies ... you prob don't remember me lol ! Sorry for being so distant, my days are oh so busy now :)

So I've tried to keep up as much as I can but please update me ...

Hayley how are you going? When do you start your treatment? I bet your feeling a whole ray of emotions :) stay strong my lovely, it'll all be worth it !!! And I just know it'll happen for you soon !!!

Jennie how are you and bubs? Not that long left now :) exciting !!!My advise to you when bubs is here, enjoy every single minute of it as it really does go so quick.

Lola how are you getting on? Not long for you either?

Any names Jennie and Lola?

Well my Isla Bear is now 13 weeks old :shock: being a mummy is everything I thought it'd be and so so much more. My little lady certainly keeps me on my toes, at the moment she's so vocal coo'ing, babbling, screaming, blowing raspberrys, constantly smiling. She's such a happy baby and such a good baba, we've been blessed with a little angel. I have Isla on a routine called Save Our Sleep by Tizzie Hall ... I HIGHLY recommend it, it's amazing. We put Isla on it at 8 weeks but baby 2 will be going on it as soon as he/she comes home from hospital. From 8 weeks Isla was sleeping 8 hours straight and now more than not sleeps 12.5 hours straight. The routine changes depending on babies age and I have tweaked Isla's rountine but it's very similar the only thing I changed is how long she sleeps and I don't give her a dreamfeed, this is Isla's
7am - wakes up and bottle
8.30/9am - morning sleep
11am - wake up and bottle
1.15pm - afternoon sleep
2.30/3pm - wake up bottle
4.30pm - nap
5.15pm - bath time
6pm - bottle
6.30pm - bed time
2/3am - bottle ... depending how she is

I love it, it's amazing. Isla's routine will change again when I introduce solids in 3 weeks. The book also recommends Isla going into her big cot in her own room at 5 months .. I'm not so sure on that but everything has been amazing so far I'm going to trust it :cry: lol. Isla and I have made lots of mummy & baby friends, most of which are a few weeks apart. It's so nice, I think without them I'd be very bored and I'd be pinning for home. So we're always busy. My friend Tammy had her baby 6 days before Isla, a baby boy Bentley and her and her partner have just asked Ste and I to be Bentley's legal godparents ... I am made up :happydance:

So I went to see a private consultant yesterday for advise on how to maintain my PCOS and which contraceptive will be best as we'll be trying again within the next 18 months and he basically said I don't and I never have had PCOS !! He asked me if they confirmed I had PCOS last year, I said all you told me was I had 3 follicles on one ovary and 5 on the other to which he said is completely normal, I had bloods 2 weeks ago and my FSH was slightly higher than my LP to which he said is completely normal, he said I've not got acne and no facial hair so he said I've not nor never have had PCOS.. He said I'm overweight that's all and that's what caused my periods to be irregular 'NOT' PCOS. He's advise I lose 11-22lbs, I'm made up :) he's doing a blood test tomorrow to be 100% though. But I know I ovulated yesterday/today :)

I know this sounds completely selfish but I can't wait to start trying again (sorry) I feel like I wished my pregnancy away because I just wanted my baby and I feel like I missed out hugely on the first 5 weeks of Isla's life with having Ste's mum and dad here for 3 weeks ... I 1000% will NOT be having family staying with us next time round, nor will anyone be staying with us for atleast the first 3 months. I kinda feel resentment towards Ste's mum and dad for it. and it's very sad, I can never get those weeks back :cry::growlmad::nope: my family was ok they were only here 4 days after we came home from the hospital and I bloody needed my mum those first few days lol.

I can't remember when I last wrote but Isla is now on formula and has been for 8 weeks as she only gained 2oz above her birth weight in the first 4 weeks and was underweight as she wasn't taking too well on the boob, she was falling asleep ... she caught up really fast on the formula but has slowed right down again, she's on the 50th percentile or was 2 weeks ago so she's average weight for her age but I've been advised to keep an eye on her as she should be taking about 900ml a day and she's only taking 450-550ml a day. She should be gaining between 150-200mg a week but is only gaining 90g, I'm going to get her weighed tomorrow I think. Everyone tells me she's long, again she's averahe for her age but I think she will be tall and slim like her daddy.

So that's mine and Isla's update :flower:

I'll try my best to get on here more !!

And sorry it's so long !

xxx

Hey
Can't remember who you are but thanks for the update! Ha
Nice to hear from your Cheryl.
Love seeing Islas pictures she is so gorgeous and can see she's a smiley baby, that is lovely.
I will defo have a look at that book. It sounds like she sleeps so much is that normal then. Whats the routine change when they start on solids?

I really hope the works for us 1st time so I don't have to go through it again.
I start my injections about the 1st week in July so should have the eggs transfered back the end of July beginning of August, so if it works a baby would be due may/June which is a lovely thought.

There is no way I would want anyone staying with us with a new baby, you would wait and my family or laws wouldn't dream of invading us at that time. I think it's rude you would wait until your settled and then visit. As if they lived near you they would visit for an hour and go home. A new family need to adjust as you won't be used to having a baby.
what does ste think of the situation with his mum&dad?

It's not selfish you wanting to try again, you know you want more and thats your right.
Do you think you'll need clomid again? Did they say you could conceive naturally?

I see on Facebook your brother could be over soon.
Will they all be staying with you whilst they look at getting a house? X

Lol :)

Thank you ! Idla's such a happy little girl, she's such a ray of sunshine :)

Ye the book is amazing, it's so informative and advises you on what to and what not to do, also guides you through weaning onto solidas, when baby's sick, when you go to a different time zone, when you bring another baby home so it's really good. They do a toddler book too. And yep that's a normal amount of sleep, from birth they obviously need more sleep than at 3 months do it changes as they need it. When I wean her onto solids the times change a little and it'll give me the time of the day to introduce the solids.

I'm just watching one born every minute ... I can't watch this now without blubbering !

I'm keeping everything crossed for you lovely!!! Who knows you could end up with two or more previous little miricles :) please keep us up to date hun.

It was very hard and like I say I look back now and I wish we hadn't of had Ste's family for the 3 weeks. My parents were fine, they helped out, didn't over step the mark etc but Ste's mum and dad just wanted her all the time, his mum would take her off me alot. So I've told Ste already that next time no one is welcome to come and stay with us for atleast 3 months. We've decided the next baby will come along when my family are living here anyways so I don't have to worry about them :)

I never took clomid with Isla, I put myself on metformin. But yes I'll be able to conceive naturally as I don't have PCOS, it was just my weight gain that caused my periods to be irregular. And I know I ovulated Monday/Tuesday on my own. My parents should be here around this time next year so I think we'll start trying mid-end of next year.

Tom is coming earlier than mum and dad, he's coming on a working holiday visa, and he'll live with us which we don't mind as he'll be out at work all week and he's good, he'll pay his way and help out. But when mum, dad and Tom re all here ye they'll stay with us til they find somewhere which I really don't mind, my parents are amazing and it'll be loveky for Isla to have them close for the first few weeks :)

I really am keeping everything crossed for you hun :) remember it'll all be worth it !!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"