my first baby buy :)

Yeh, all the midwifes i've come across aren't really that through anyway!

At my 34week appointment she said I had protein in my wee, when i asked what that meant she said 'not sure, probably nothing to worry about' :dohh:

Protein in your wee can be a sign of preeclampsia so I'd get a second opinion if I was you as it can be very dangerous for you and baby!!!

I had weekly check ups from 36 weeks too but they never picked up Isla was back to back !! Even at my check up on the Wednesday, or when I was in hospital on the Friday or when I went in for induction on the Sunday OR through 4 hours of actively pushing on the Monday .... TUT!!!!

Yayyy for you Hayley, keep us updated :) so excited for you !!!

Isla's was 4 and a half months on Thursday, Where does the time go? She's a bundle of fun though, so happy and smiley. So chatty ... Dunno where she gets that from lol.

Have a good weekend ladies xxx

i agree with cheryl get that double checked hun :) cant belive shes 4 months already hun ! x

Yeh I will do, but have no other signs of pre-e as blood pressure is all fine and have had no other symptoms.

It can also nean your body is fighting an infection or signs of a uti, so will wait and see!

How are you going hayley?

We've just bought the new iPad so I can stay in touch more now :) I found it awkward on my iPhone.

We're just watching a horrible film, a woman fell asleep breast feeing her 3 day old baby in bed and suffocated her. I was in tears, I feel so upset and sick! Life is so cruel!! I fell asleep breast feeding Isla on the nursing chair once or twice , scary :( I guess it's easily done when you've just given birth and you are so tired :( Oh apparently the baby died of SIDS. Wow this film is depressing :'(

You know I told you about the book save our sleep ... It advises you put your baby in its own room at 5 months as that's when they start to have defined sleeping cycles but after watching this I might put her in a 6 months, that's what SIDS recommend.

Anyways off the depressed subject ... It was my godsons naming day today, it was beautiful. My godson is 6 days older than Isla, they love one another, well until Bentley screams with excitement and scares Isla lol.

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend xxxx

thats awfull :( one of my worst fears we have a nursing chair it rocks and i could easily fall asleep in there so going make sure i have an alarm or something to wake me if i doze of . is a naming day same as a christining? x

Was one of mine too and SIDS scares the hell out of me :( I remember the first night Isla slept through 6.30 - 3am I dived out of bed, my heart in my mouth and I was actually too scared to touch her, I felt physically sick. I still do it now, put my hand on her chest to check her. I'm sooooo not ready for her to go into her own room yet, I'm seriously considering leaving it to 6 months and ignoring the book. My godson has been in his own room since 10 weeks and my friends baby is 6 weeks younger than Isla and I thinknshe's been in her own room since 6 weeks. I couldn't do that !!! When Isla does go I'm going to sleep on the nursing chair for a few nights.

Need to sell my nursing chair, we never use it. I did for the 5 weeks I breast fed but only mainly for 2 weeks then I breast fed in my room, but next bubba we'll have no family staying with us so I'll be able to breast feed in the lounge on the sofa.

Erm a naming day is where you celebrate their name and birth kinda thing and have a ceremony by a celebrant. Tammy and Tom had it at Tammy's mum and dads. Was lovely. Tammy's very good friend had her baby girl 10 days ago and she was so tiny bshe was 7lbs14oz at birth , Isla was 7lbs7oz but dropped to 6lbs7oz by 2 days old and as you know had a hard time gaining weight up to 5 weeks til I put her on formula buy I can't remember her being so small, it's crazy!!! Makes you realize how quick the time actually goes !!! Seeing Harlow made me broody too lol!

Any photos of your little mans room Jennie? Do you have any names picked? How you feeling?

Xxx

I know a lady in the town I used to live that killed her baby whilst breast feeding. It's very sad. I think there are constant worries all the way through from getting pregnant to bring pregnant, to having the baby etc etc it doesn't stop! A life of worry eh

I think once your baby gets bigger you prob don't realise how small they were. I don't with Eliza now. Can't believe she will be 1 in December! And she's not mine.

So the naming day is nothing legal? I think you can do a thing over here that hasn't got all the religious stuff x

Well my 2 little eggs ate still alive! Really good quality so waiting for Tuesday which is day 5 to see if 1 has stopped multiplying as much or if there both the same quality they will just pick 1 to put back x

So sad :( but you're right, I don't think you ever stop worrying.

Ste and I are going to get a will sorted soon but in the mean time we're going to write and sign a statement staying if we were to die or become a cabbage that mum and dad are to have Isla. I'm worried sick that if Ste and I die in a car crash she'll be all alone here and they won't let her go to family :( so til we do our will mum and dad will have a copy of the statement and we'll have one in the house too.

1 in December ? That's gone so quick but that's scary because 3 months after Xmas Isla will be 1 :( geeeeeees. I don't want my baby to grow up lol. I say to her you can stay at this age and mummy will look after you forever , mummy doesn't mind you being a baby forever lol.

I'm really excited for you Hayley :) will they not put 2 back in ? I know multiple pregnancy is common with IVF ? I'm not clued up on IVF , sorry if I sound stupid but when does the sperm get inserted? And when the egg is back in then do you wait to see if it attaches? I probably sound so thick :( sorry !!!

I'm just making pumpkin purée at 12.20am as I forgot earlier. Pumpkin is so hard to peel and chop ! Not into pumpkin. We don't eat it but Isla needs some variety as there's not many foods she can have til 6 months, I think there's 11. I'm enjoying making my own though and not buying it in jars :) Isla's been on lactose free formula for 4 weeks as she was unwell so weaning her back into normal formula this week and praying she's ok and not lactose intolerant. Well best finish blending these pumpkins, the blender woke Isla so was making sure she was back asleep before I do it again.

xxx

You don't sound stupid at all. Not many people know about it unless they've been through it, researched it or knows someone.
Once the eggs were collected on Thursday they were sent straight into the lab and mixed it with the sperm. I think the eggs weren't injected with laws sperm. Then I was rang on Friday morning to say that both eggs were fertilised but didn't know what quality they were as they didn't want to touch them anymore as I only had the 2eggs.
They are now 5 and 6 cells and 7-8 cells is excellent by day 5. So there good quality.
As we are Nhs funded they don't Want multiples unless 1 is good quality and another is not so good they would consider putting 2 back.
I don't care I just Want a baby now! If it was twins if he great but I don't care.

Your doing well making your own food. I'd like to but if I can do it sometimes I'll be pleased with that as they don't put anything into most baby foods.

It's still away from Christmas but time creeps up so fast x

So what happens once they're placed back in ? And not with laws sperm? Does that mean the baby isn't his? Or did I read that wrong "/

I've read there can be alot of hidden sugars in commercial baby food. But everyones different in what they do. My godson has jarred food.

Xmas will soon be here :( we've done all Isla's shopping ... Organised lol. And even got her new pjs for Xmas eve :)

xxxx

No the eggs are already fertilised with laws sperm. His sperm was washed and 1 good sperm was picked and injected into the eggs. Very clever.
So they flush an egg through a speculum like your having a smear test and it obviously travels into your womb really quickly like it would naturally.
I'm taking progesterone tablets and that's meant to make the lining thick and sticky for the egg to attach.
Then I can test over a week later x

Wow you are organised. I bet it's a bit easier the smaller they are but the older they get they will change there mind with what they are into. My friends got all her little boys presents too, she's pregnant with her 2nd which is due nov so she doesn't want to be stressing x

my camera is at my parents atm but i wil take pic of his room i love sitting in there :) not set on a name yet but got a few we like said will name him when he here :) im feeling ok apart from being ill after my dinner tonigt and felt bad after eatn last nite :( i wont be putting him in his room till he 6 months :) hopin to try and make some baby food for him but dont mind him havn a good qauilty jar thats organix x

Wow that film sounds depressing!

I know babies make you worry! First you have the worry of getting pregnant, then the fear of miscarrying then worrying that you haven't felt the baby move yet. Then when baby starts moving you worry about movements constantly and then SIDS! I have bought the angelcare monitor, so hopefully that will ease me slightly once babies born!

We are having a naming ceremony a week after baby is born, it will be held on a sunday so it will be the sunday after i give birth, obviously depending on how i am feeling etc. Some have more of a religious meaning than others. My fiance's uncle who is a pastor will be saying some words and announcing the babies name. I am really looking forward to it as it will be great for all our friends and family to meet our little baby.

Yeh i will definitely be making my own baby food, would only consider jars if i was travelling etc. I don't see the point in buying them otherwise. Making puree's are soo easy and quick and work out a lot cheaper than buying jars. A friend of mine spends a fortune on them!

My dad's cousin who was due on the 31st of this month gave birth yesterday! Makes me nervous! I definitely need to pack my hospital bag this week!

I will try and put a pic up this week of my little man's room looks so cute, i love walking in there and opening his drawers and looking at all his little clothes!

Hope everyone has a good week :flower:

Ooh I see. Well let us know when you are going in and i really hope that week flys by!! And make sure you take it easy ! Put your feet up.

Yep they have big mid year sales here so we did her Xmas shop but I keep adding too it. Gees I need a bigger house lol.

Can't wait to see his room Jennie :) if you was ill that could maybe be your body clearing out? Ive heard that can happen before labour. Can't wait to see your little guy :D

It was depressing, I think it was called love and other impossibilities or something like that. But yep you don't stop worrying !! Actually on that note I'm gonna go check my little lady .... The last two days she's slept more than usual. Usually in the afternoon she has 30 minutes on the button but she's been asleep for an hour now. I'll wake her in 20 minutes (3pm) for her bottle. I know her teeth are bothering her so could be that, don't think she's due a growth spurt til around 6 months. She'll be 5 months in 10 days and she's still in 0-3month clothes, I'm bored of them now lol and want her to wear her pretty 3-6m clothes. She's quite tall and very slender. She enjoyed her pumpkin at lunch time :)

Looking forward to seeing baby's room Lola ! And you're brave having a naming ceremony upto a week after bugs birth ... Gees I didn't feel up to anything for a couple of weeks. But good luck to you :) it'll be a special day. You'll have to pop a photo up of your Little man when he's here !!

I started slowly packing my bag at 29 weeks, I couldn't wait lol. I was sooo excited.

I used to do the same with Isla's room, go in there and open her drawers and wardrobe. I'd sit on the chair and cuddle her teddy lol. Or just walk in and back out.

Well best get my little ladies bottle ready.

Have a good day xxxx

I go in Tuesday at 1 so hoping its still good news then.

Don't worry yourself thinking about the jars of food Jen you have other things to think of 1st and the organic jars will be fine, millions of people use them. Concentrate on your little 1 arriving. My friend was so sick before labour started and like Cheryl said its your body clearing out ready for birth.
So maybe soon!!!!! Can't wait to hear from you once baby arrives.

If you see a bargain on toys or clothes you just feel you have to buy it. I wanted to buy Eliza's birthday and christmas present earlier but really not sure what to get yet. I was thinking 1 of them bikes with the handle for the parents to push but I don't know. She should be talking around then. She gets all over the place now rolling and rolling its funny. She picks her head up to see which way she wants to go then back down to roll ha x

yeah im hopin its a sign but will see as not had any other symptoms :( cant belive hes due this fri ! actully feel all emotional that im finally getting my dream come true :) its defo worth getting prezzies for xmas not i got bean some vtech toys at baby show cos they where half price of shops there ! x

I bet, I'll feel exactly the same when my time comes, you deserve it Jen. He will be here so soon x

thanx hun :) yeah you will be the same it so amazing me and the oh was watchin my 4d scan dvd and i was nearly in tears x

that must be a lovely thing to see and i hope i get to experience that very soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->