my first baby buy :)

I'm 26 on 23 rd July so not that far behind you Jen!!

The only girl names hubby has actually said he likes are ELLADIE or ELLODIE and ESTER x

I'm 23, 24 next march. Hubby is 25 in October.

Hubby's watching bloody ufc ... How people can do that as a sport is beyond me !! I'm gonna browse the net :) maybe do some online shopping :D xx

I'm just reading up on colic, I don't know anything about it. I saw tommee tippee have anti colic bottles so thought I'd swat up on it lol. I'm gonna have a boring 9 months when I finally fall pregnant, I'll have done most my homework !

Well I've decided I'm going to finish buying all the feeding bits I need over the next few weeks. I need electric breast pump, bottle lids, breast milk storage pots, I've seen a tommee tippee 3 in 1 feed time comforter and maybe an electric bottle and food warmer.

Do you think the electric bottle and food heater is necessary or not? When I was a nanny the family heated the babys bottles in the microwave, infact so did the nursery I worked for, hhmmm?? I've seen tommee tippee have pink and blue bottles, sooo cute !!

I was telling hubby today while we were having dinner that even though we've got alot of stuff, we'll need so much more when we fall pregnant. I'm happy with what I'm doing (buying bits and bobs early & in the sales etc) but then I think am I taking the fun out of it when I do actually fall pregnant. But I suppose you still have lots and all the big stuff i.e. pram, cot, bedding, changing table, drawers, nursing chair, car seat, girl/boy clothes and so on.

While I was in pumpkin patch today I saw this beautiful o-3m sleeping bag, cream and red with a character on it, it was in the sale for $30 I'm kicking myself now for not getting it. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to colour schemes and things :wacko: but I was thinking it'd be nice to have in the moses basket in the lounge.

It's 10.50pm here and I feel wide awake !

xxx

yep im 19! lol i feel alot older tho lol. i started everything young so down i feel older.

i will prob have a bottle warmer next to my bed for night times other wise i will use a jug of hot water, i dont think your ment to use a microwave till there at least a year as u can get cold and hot spots in the milk but its up to any1 really.

we still have the same names picked out they have been the same for 2-3 years :happydance:

ive just come in from the garden its so nice and hot :D come in to watch the moto gp then back out in the sun, its a lovely day been haveing a few glasses of :wine: :lolly: aswell. And ive died my hair back to dark brown lol cant be arsed to go blonde :haha:

im the same tbh cheryl i love eveything all matching ect everything in my house matches! lol

i should be reciving a white snow suit this week that i brought off here £3 posted!
xx :friends: :dust:

Good idea about having one next to your bed.

I really don't know whether I'll want to breast feed or not, I know all depends on if the baby will take. I like the idea of what my friend did ... she breast feed but their feed before bed she used formula (I'd probably express) and used a bottle. I suppose that's something I just can't plan until I'm pregnant and baby's here. I'm buying everything then I have a choice.

My house is the same, even our wardrobe :shy: I also have to be organised and plan ahead.

I think I will go back for that sleeping bag tomorrow before work :shrug:

I'm into hubby loving the bits I'm buying, although he won't come shopping with me. He actually said tonight I can't wait to go shopping when you're pregnant :happydance: I think he wants to know there is a baby to shop for.

I'm very jealous of you being in the sun with a glass of wine ! We've cut out drinking all together especially for when we go on clomid next cycle, if we're paying $750 per cycle we want to make sure we're doing everything in our power to help.

xxx

yeah i dont blame ya hun! i never ever drink prob 3-4 times a year!! lol but brought a bottle last night and me and OH have had a glass or 2.

im exactly the same!! i plan eveything and everything is organized :haha: i love it lol

im proberly 99% sure i wont breast feed. OH has already said he will do the morning feed b4 work bless him :cloud9:

xx

Aww bless him !!

I just don't have a clue what to do, I hope if I breast feed bubs will take both breast and bottle then I can express and hubby and do feeds and spend time with baby on weekends and I can have sleep in :thumbup: My mum has asked me to try it.

Last night I was skyping my mum, dad and lil bro and my brother wants to buy me a present because he misses me :hugs: bless him, he asked if I liked the Thomas Sabo bracelets. Anyways ... I said save your money so you can spoil your neice/nephew when I get pregnant and he was going on about buying 'him' chino's (?) I was like 'him', and my brother said ye, I bet you have a boy ... you best have a boy ! I said dad's already asked for a grandaughter and I want a girl, but Ste (hubby) wants a boy and you want a newphew, so thats 2 for a girl and 2 for a boy ... so now the deciders with mum so he shouted my mum and I said I bet she says she's not bothered ... anyways she came and my brother asked her and she said girl followed by I'm not bothered :haha: it was cute and funny lol.

xxx

These are big here , I think they replace the moses basket ...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Babys-N...?pt=AU_Carriers_Backpacks&hash=item35b17a79c1

I'm not keen, I want a nice moses basket like you get I the UK, I've seen one in Big W here for $100 but not with a stand, I dunno where I'd get a stand from !

xx

I won't be using the microwave I will be using a jug of hot water, not sure if I want to buy a bottle warmer unless I get it for a bargain as it won't be used for that long, you would still have to get up and get milk out of fridge, depends how long a bottle warmer takes to heat up, if I think it will be quicker I think it's a good idea.

I think it's the right thing to buy stuff now Coz like you say there is so much more To buy when you know your pregnant, it seems never ending!!

I've just found a maxi cosi car seat on ebay australia, in adelaide ! But it's red and has flowers, I don't know whether to buy it anyways and if I don't have a girl pop it back on ebay. I don't think you get change the covers on them can you? I'm guessing she'll want a bit but I've messaged her asking how much she'll take.

All the car seats here are ugly, they are sooo behind ! xx

I've just checked online ... $350 here :saywhat:

I'm not to keen on that Cheryl it looks bit flimsy, I've got 2 Moses baskets and happy with them, 1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs when we eventually get a house!

I think if you do breast and bottle from an early age they should learn quickly to like both. I just don't want to breast feed in public, I don't care if anyone else does it, I see it all the time in the coffee shop but I Just think I won't feel comfortable with it, but Iv seen 1St hand how breast milk is best, as SMA have changed there formula ingredients and it upset my friends babies tum for weeks, his bum was so sore, where as breast milk changes on a daily basis as the mother eats different things all the time, baby gets used to it x

They say you can buy Anythung second hand but recommend you buy the car seat brand new as it's so much safer incase it's been involved in an accident x

But I think you can buy covers for most things nowadays x

Oh do they ? Well $350 new here (Australia is so EXPENSIVE) so won't be having one of them if I'm paying $1,700 for bubs pram !!

Will you express then if you don't breast feed? I'm the same about doing it in public, I have big boobs and think it'll be difficult, but I'd use like a blanket to cover me and the baby if I did. I'm also worried about summer , hitting 45 degrees heat for weeks I wonder whether I'll be too hot to breast feed ... if that makes sense?

It's nice to get others input xx

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Mothercare AUSTRALIA !!!

I never knew, wow !! Looks like I know where I'll be shopping now !! :thumbup: How bloody brilliant !!!

No stores in South Australia but I'm guessing they'll deliver. Lets price up the maxi cosi car seat .... $400 !

xx

I haven't got massive boobs there big enough Coz they will only get bigger when filling with milk, your meant to loose your baby weight quicker when you breast feed. Sounds good to me.

I've read that you can't express straight away until your milk sets in but another friend was expressing after a week but was her 2nd baby so I don't know, I will express as often as I can , when baby snoozes or with daddy, and I'm sure we get into a routine as soon as we can.

But I want to do both breast and bottle, I will not be beating myself up or feeling guilty if I can't breast feed, if it's not meant to be!! And all that!

We've been on the beach and its so busy!! Just been wanting ice cream after ice cream, I am not a sun lover I'm afraid, I'm prob 1 of the few out there! I'm a lily White with Irish blood ha x

Prams are expensive where you go, if you buy brand new, I will buy mine 2nd hand and buy a
New car seat x

I'm 34 G ... I don't even want to think of them growing when I get pregnant. I've always had big boobs.

I know what you mean, I'll be happy either which way. But I will definately try breast feeding.

The little boy I nannied, he was constantly a poorly baby and I remember his mum saying she thought it was because he was never breast fed, he had formula. Where as his brother was breast fed and was a healthy baby. :shrug:

Mmmmm, I miss twister lollies ... yummm xx

I think even if if you breast feed for a few weeks I think It's got to be a tad better, to be honest I'm not sure if I was or not but I'm never I'll, Iv had 2 sick days from work in 9 years! Not bad me thinks ha the biggest thing I've had is glandular fever and that's Coz I had 2 jobs, I also worked as a part time police officer 3 or 4 nights a week and getting in at 3am then starting my next job at 8.30am took it's toll on me x

I've had lots of calypsos and solero the passionfruut 1 yummy x

And wow about the mothercare!! I'm pretty set on getting a quinny buzz but I will be going in and trying them all out, then buy off eBay, seen loads of good ones for a good price x

I'm not surprised !! You must have been exhausted !

I catch everything and anything going about :(

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"