Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

How did your manager take to your news of you being pregnancy? Have you been with them a while. I defo get a phone appointment or GP appointment as soon as if they are like my GP you’ll be waiting a week LOL. Don’t play it down hun everyone needs a well-rested mummy bear and if your anything like me we don’t allow ourselves any rest time.

Currently waiting around for AF to arrive within a day or so, not as grumpy this month and no real PMS other than slightly sore boobs & (TMI) increased discharge. I so hope we can start ttc this month but well see. Keep your fingers crossed.

Oh I really hope so!!! I’d love you get pregnant too!!! It’s november already, scary!
Went to see the GP today, got an appointment right away. Even cried in the appointment, explained everything, and got the total opposite of what I wanted!!
Packed off with anti nausea meds and no sick note. Told to call at the end of the week if I feel I still need one and they MIGHT sign me off, or they might recommend adjustments to my employer.
My manager was totally fine, said not to feel guilty and being pregnant and my reduced ability at work and not to feel bad if I need time off. He said it’s just a job and family comes first, so totally supported which is great. He did say that although he’ll keep it confidential it will probably get noticed that I’m not doing certain bits at work and people will likely ‘guess’! Which could be avoided if I just got signed off.
Also annoyed had to pay for the anti sickness meds prescription as I don’t have an exemption yet! Xx

I was the same with second, but it happened in the end :)

You poor thing. Are you going to give the sickness tabs ago x
I worked in a gp surgery for a short stint. I once saw a woman who received exemption for some vitamin type tabs, unfortunately she had a miscarriage & was then asked to pay for her prescription :shock: I totally understand the NHS is under A LOT of pressure but there's a time & a place. Maybe that's why they have started asking for payments before exemption has been granted?
Hun about your feelings towards baby please try not to worry. Your still very early give it time. Like you said with your DS you had much more time to think & where experiencing everything for the 1st time. Just wait till little one starts kicking you'll soon start to feel different & if you don't still don't worry. It's a massive adjustment xx
Glad works OK & so family focused

Thanks all. It’s so good to have you all here to vent too.
Yesterday afternoon I almost felt so normal that I started worrying something was wrong. You can’t win can you!! Either moaning I feel sick or worried I don’t. Have the nausea back again this morning so all must be ok.
DS up at 5.30 this morning...sigh. He did whimper at 4.41 (I think the heating causes him to stir) so it could have been worse. Xx

What an early wake up! My DD used to wake up at those times when I was pregnant and it was exhausting :(

Hi ladies,

So my Dr called today, which surprised me. My blood test results came back showing very low iron levels. Not quite anemic but he’s prescribed me iron tablets (which I expect I’ll have to pay another prescription charge on! ). Just quite shocked as I started on pregnancy multivitamins as soon as I knew I was pregnant and they contain iron so I’m already getting a supplement.
My DH said of course I’m going to have low iron as I’ve hardly eaten anything in two weeks!
It totally explains my utter exhaustion I guess, I just thought it was the usual pregnancy tiredness but I guess I feel a bit better knowing that there is something ‘wrong’ and that’s why climbing the stairs etc seemed like such a huge effort! I did a big Tesco shop last week and felt like I’d run a half marathon!!

You poor thing see even more 9f a reason then ever not to have beaten yourself up. Bless you Hugs :hugs:
CD1 for me & bang on time. Had a lovely day out Xmas shopping with my grandma today. However she did tell me that she was informed she had skin cancer yesterday :sad1: Total shock.. To her also as she was at the hospital about an issue with her toe. The doctor said Ohh yes you have 2 moles here but I don't think there any thing. Do you have any else where to which she replied no I don't think so. He said what about your back & she said well I can't really see so not sure. He had a look & found 3 thing which he told her where cancer. Dint know they could just tell like that. He blasted them with like a freeze type spray & has requested check up or biopsy of her foot moles. Something like that any way my grandma was in shock & alone so can't quite remember x

Bless her! How awful. DH was told he had a cancerous blemish on his face, had it cut out (which was very painful) and biopsy done and it wasn’t cancer at all.
I hope she gets an appointment soon, what a worry having that news hanging over her, well you all. Sending hugs.
Christmas shopping, you’re well ahead of the game. I’ve picked up a few bits here and there but not been out shopping especially for Christmas. Xx

I know your not to turn to Google but I did. I wanted to know why he froze them. Basically I think the idea is for them to scan over & fall off. So I'd assumed he thinks them to be only surface & not too deep. I think they blame cancer on alot of things & the word scars people x
Always have to be organised for Xmas only 1 more pay day lol :-k

Didn’t think of that!! Eek, maybe I should be more organised!!

DS (the D in that I’m not so sure about today!) woke at 4.30am and wouldn’t go back to sleep so at 5am I gave up and just got up. DH has just taken him to nursery, I’m off work again today so going back to bed!!!! Low iron + pesky early rising child = bloody shattered!!!

I’ve not heard of this freezing thing? I know you can get warts frozen off but you’d think cancer is a bit more complex? I guess the dr knows what he’s doing. Hopefully she can ask a few more questions when she goes back for the next appointment. X

I am absolutely bloody shattered today so glad it's weekend. Hubby has either given up on saying no or is coming round to trying this month. Sorry am like a stuck record. Am not that bothered about falling pregnant right away as I know I won't, I just want to try. Currently CD3.
How you feeling Bb1982 x hope DS has urned his title back & slept for his mummy. Have you started on the iron tabs xx

So when you say he’s coming around to the idea? Has he ‘physically’ ...erm, contributed? bit early in your cycle I guess!
Yes been on iron tablets 2 days but apparently they can take up to a month to kick in so not expecting any immediate results.
DS woke at 5 yesterday but I somehow managed to get him to lie back down and he went back to sleep until 7!!! Didn’t do the same for DH this morning sadly so he was up at 5am again. We just can’t seem to snap out of this early morning cycle. Most depressing but some kids are just early risers I guess. Even 6am would be more acceptable!!
Told my mum, think she kind of guessed or suspected when I said I had been put in iron tablets! 9 weeks tomorrow, I feel like the end of the first trimester is in sight!! Xx

9 weeks already wow, that has gone SO fast. What did your mum say. Is she excited x

No hubby hasn't contributed lol just some of the things he's been saying & looking back on old baby pics etc missing her at that age x got a week or 2 before O comes so could all change grrr.

My DD was & has always been an early riser remember those early mornings. I say I remember she still get up between 6 & 6.30 now, no matter what time she goes to bed. Am just so used to it not lol but there are mornings I just can't get my head off the pillow & she's climbing all over me x

Last edited:
My DH has two older daughters, 7 & 10 so I know eventually you can leave them to turn on the tv on their own for an hour before you need to get up, but that’s a few years down the line yet!!
Mum didn’t really say much, she asked when I was due, how I was feeling etc, and talked about the gaps between my siblings and the reasons etc. Was quite an interesting conversation. I’m sure she is excited as she told me to look forward to the cuddles and not to worry about labour etc!
Heading out for lunch with some family who don’t know tomorrow so really hoping the sight and smell of a roast dinner doesn’t set off my nausea! X

I am so beginning to worry about the age gap between my DD and potential sibling. At present if we caught this month there would be a 5-year age gap. To me that sounds huge by the time #2 goes to school my DD will be 9/10 depending on when we conceive WOW. If am honest its thinking about this that’s panicking me more than anything and actually putting me off. I know it shouldn’t, I just really wish hubby was on board earlier this year, so we could have begun trying sooner.

Can’t imagine how the conversation with my mum would go. She kind of does but doesn’t want me to have another. Think she’d be concerned in case I suffered with post-natal depression & had another very difficult baby like last time.

How was the family meal, hopefully the nausea held off from you x

Family meal didn’t happen, just as well as DS isn’t well and vomited after his breakfast so I was happy we didn’t have to go.
Nausea comes and goes, really trying to eat little and often to try to keep it level. Back to work tomorrow, grim thought!
As for the age gap, I honestly think that’s fine! A friend of mine didn’t want two at home so waited until her first was at school before trying for their second, and it seems to work fine!

Ohh no poor baby how is he now. Did you friend become pregnant before her child started school or within their 1st year of school. I know I shouldn't let it bother me as it's not the only reason I want another child. I just over worry at times I am letting events & things that happened before getting pregnant with DD & after take over my thoughts at present. That along with hubby never giving me a straight answer. TTC is stressful enough without the added unnecessary headaches :-(

She was already at school, my friend would have got pregnant in the November after her 1st started school, so baby was born just as the summer holidays began and then her first went back into her second year after the summer break.
She just didn’t want two at home at the same time. Brace as she struggled to get pregnant with her 1st it took a few years I think.
DS has a temp still but and is a bit emotional but he’s eating and so he’s 90%. He was dribbling lots so could be teething but thought he’d got all his teeth now.
You can’t help how you feel and of course your previous experience with be what you reflect on, and if that wasn’t the best it’s natural to give you anxiety! Try to remember that was then, and another pregnancy might be totally different. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->